Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hmmmm....I wonder what will happen when my hasted barbarian does the spin attack really fast, that could be interesting.

On another note, I will probably like it.
    Draz in all forms of the Prophets of the New Republic and Lava Divers / Khyber Original / R.I.P. E. Gary Gygax 03/04/08 / Supporter of the AEA / Owner of 4 birthday cupcakes Thank you Cupcake /Drazell Bergost leader of the Khyberian Ham Authority / Support your local Qwijymart!

I was a huge fan of first person view in EQ, in DAOC 3rd person was better..... I think in PvP 3rd person is always better in PvE some times first person gives youa better view in that you dotn lose stuff infront of your character, one of the reasons i perfer charaters with small gfx models!

I don;t know yet weather i will use this for DDO btu i liek the idea of it as an option, and i will definetly be experimenting with it.
    Prophits of the New Republic-- Khyber--PnP Vetren of more years then I wish to admit
    Desteria MoonStar-Sorc20--Mcgruf The Crime Dog-Dwarf Ftr12/Pal3/Rgr5
    Annibelle of the Woods-Rgr20--St.Fut H'Tennek-H-Orc Barb 20
    Kwaiii Chang Caine-Monk 20--Sandradee-Bard 3

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaKa View Post
    Is it really first person view or just the ability to zoom in more? How does it affect how I control my movements?

As long as everything stays the same outside of first person I could really care less about it.
    Your camera view initially is the same as it has always been - you start in 3rd person. If you want to enter into the 1st person view, you wheel all the way in to get to it. You can still navigate around with your normal keys (in some cases personally I find it easier to navigate and see what I'm doing, but I also enjoy FPS games so I'm used to that sort of thing). It's also nice to actually be able to look up, rather than trying to look up while having the character blocking a portion of the view. You don't get the "bobbing" motion while you're running around however, and you don't have weapons showing in view (but you still have your mouse cross hair and normal elements otherwise).

This is awesome. Thanks!!!

All these previews have got me excited about mod 9.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    It's also nice to actually be able to look up, rather than trying to look up while having the character blocking a portion of the view. You don't get the "bobbing" motion while you're running around however, and you don't have weapons showing in view (but you still have your mouse cross hair and normal elements otherwise).
    What about ABBOT ASTEROIDS !!11

Community Member

If people remember a while back , after u shrinned u would get put into a first person mode but would pop u out of it once u moved.Can't get it to work anymore tho
    Health-Aundair 16th lvl cleric,Denzal 16th lvl wizzard
    Hotnsexy 13fighter 3pally,Start 16 barb
    Hotnsweaty 6 monk,U 9 cleric , Murphys 15fighter1pally,older 15clr1barb,glazzed 14/2 barb,fighter

Quote Originally Posted by flash145 View Post
    Devs', maybe if you could work on a lock mech too? Sounds little but if it could be locked into first person view, it would help those who do suffer from motion sickness from 3rd person viewing.
    Yes a lock for both 1st and 3rd person view would be ideal, regardless of scrolling.
    Thanks for the long time forum user purge of Aug '10 (Sarcasm for those who don't get it)

Default Meh...

This will be only cool if the views of are toons are taken into account...Like the masterworks done in the Dungeon Keeper 2 Game.

Also..is this just for taking photo's or would this be clever...IE a caster can autolock on to mobs/players using First Person Viewings...

I would be more Impressed if Nwn 2 style spell area locks can allow targetings of AOE Spells before casting...Like Lines (Lightning bolts) Circles (Fireball) Cones (Shout)

1. You prime the spell (one click)
    2. A Spell Target effect is placed on the game to allow you to get the best position
    3. You click again to cast the spell at the place you targeted.
    I'm here because your not WISHING HARD ENOUGH!!

More options are always nice, and good for business. Not a big deal to me, but it will make other people happy.

So when are we getting the respec option?
    Gornin-F20, Snowleopard-M20(TR2), Locomotiv Breath-B20, Aqualung-FS20, Thickas a Brick-F17, WitchsPromis-Sorc20, Part of the Machine-Art20(TR1)
    No whining, unless you're serving really good cheese. Otherwise, put a cork in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damionic View Post
    This will be only cool if the views of are toons are taken into account...Like the masterworks done in the Dungeon Keeper 2 Game.

Also..is this just for taking photo's or would this be clever...IE a caster can autolock on to mobs/players using First Person Viewings...
    Autolock? We can lock onto targets just fine as is. Check you keymapping for specifics but it includes: Target Next/Previous/Closest Enemy/Ally/Interactable. Or are you asking if the game will follow the target around in order to successfully cast?

If the latter I dearly hope not. (To Me) One of the greatest things about this game is the control ourselves completely. I don't want the game taking control of my toon, that's my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Damionic View Post
    I would be more Impressed if Nwn 2 style spell area locks can allow targetings of AOE Spells before casting...Like Lines (Lightning bolts) Circles (Fireball) Cones (Shout)

1. You prime the spell (one click)
    2. A Spell Target effect is placed on the game to allow you to get the best position
    3. You click again to cast the spell at the place you targeted.
    Totally disagree. Mostly because DDO has the ability to do something similar already.
    1. All of our spells are primed by dragging them into a hotbar.
    2. Placing of spells is done by aiming with the little white circle (mouse steer mode ftw).
    3. Click on the hotbar or activate the appropriate keybinding and bam! The spell goes where you targeted.

Seems to me this system is ideally suited to the pace of our game...Where as forcing additional clicks in the middle of combat just to get a single action of would slow things down painfully.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Community Member

Default More improvements

Ability to take screenshots better by zooming into eye mode is good, but could you also fix some stuff with Alt-Z mode while you are at it?

The suggestion I have is to add some visual feedback in Alt-Z mode for player health/mana, so it could be used more effectively.

This thread gives me so much deja vu to the mirrors edge FPS one we had a while back...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=166865

Interesting.... I tend to find FP view's a bit hard to manage, because unlike in real life there is no peripheral view and you can just turn your head while your body/movement is going another way.

However in quest like "The Shaft" (i.e. Coalescence Chamber) FP view would rock for when you keep having to go up and down the shaft....
    http://www.dkforums.com - Look Mom it's a Guild forum, can I have one too?

Community Member

It's probably been addressed, but I do hope there is an option to completely disable first-person view. It could be annoying accidentally zooming in too far, although the implementation, if done right, could negate that concern.

What I mean is this: if the zoom-in is just like it is today, but continues another foot or two until you're looking through your character's eyes, that should be fine. However... if the zoom-in is just like it is today, but zooming around the last two feet causes a sudden "jump" into first-person, that could be a real PITA.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    What I mean is this: if the zoom-in is just like it is today, but continues another foot or two until you're looking through your character's eyes, that should be fine. However... if the zoom-in is just like it is today, but zooming around the last two feet causes a sudden "jump" into first-person, that could be a real PITA.
    I think you'll find it's a very smooth transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    I wonder if certain aiming tasks will become less buggy.
    this game be less buggy after a change is implemented? rofl.
    <I Do Haste Potions>
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    gamblerjoe is right
    Calistica-Cannacon-Drrokso-Noghud-Slashdance-Tinnn-Beasler-Murdertrain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    I think you'll find it's a very smooth transition.
    Score! Can't wait to see it.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

That will be so excellent, I am really looking forward to it!

p.s. I knew we were going to be the console game

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    p.s. I knew we were going to be the console game
    LOL at geofhanna
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Interesting. I am glad for the players who really want it.

I always worry about peripheral vision with 1st person looks but I will be sure to give it a try.

I wonder what it will be like with creatures constantly attempting to flank and having to circle to meet them or getting that unexpected "whack" from behind you can get some sense of in 3rd person view.
    Should add a bit more realism in my point of view (pardon the pun). How many times in RL have you walked down the street and, because your POV is 20 feet in the air and 30 feet back, avoided being mugged or worse?

Edit to add an additional thought: Even if you did avoid an occurance as described above, how the heck did you avoid tripping on your own shoelace because you couldn't see it had become untied?
    Last edited by Hambo; 02-07-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Quote Originally Posted by Rindalathar View Post
    New options like this are all well and nice, so long new quests, new spells, bug fixes, new monsters, etc. were not short changed because of it. I'm well aware that different Turbine departments handle different things, but I don't necessarily think this was the biggest priority.
    Maybe not, but it's unrealistic to expect Turbine to blab all of the biggest changes/additions in Mod 9 now, isn't it?
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast