Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Have you ever struggled to take a screenshot because your avatar is in the way? Trying to make a fan video, but you're Warforged head keeps blocking the view when you try and sneak around? Do you tend to navigate the game easier from a first person perspective? Good news - First-person view is coming!

You'll be able to mouse-wheel in on your character and see the world around you from the eyes of your avatar, rather than hovering behind/above them.

Still love the traditional 3rd person view? That's ok, you will be able to control your camera view by mouse-wheeling in/out to change from third-person, to first-person, and back again as often as you want!
    This is EXACTLY what I asked for last year, almost word for word.

THANK YOU.
    "Oh yes, I bring the funny."
    Szalkerous - Aytara - Gilanthlas - Ambralas
    Proud veteran guild officer of the Umber Hulks on Thelanis.
    Proud guild member of the Knights of the Silver Dragon on Thelanis.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Currently the terrain based "visibility" (1-4 eyes) and the "making noise" (red flashes) feed back mechanisms are both shown at the feet of the character. These would be impossible to see in First Person.

Is there any plan to change these feedback mechanisms so they will work with first person camera view?
    Fascinating point. Has this been taken into account or will players need to "scroll out" to see them? I've always thought it would be nice to show visibility and noise levels in a more static form in the past, so I'd say to include an optional (checkbox under UI settings) status window wouldn't be such a bad idea.......... but I leave that to interpretation.
    "Oh yes, I bring the funny."
    Szalkerous - Aytara - Gilanthlas - Ambralas
    Proud veteran guild officer of the Umber Hulks on Thelanis.
    Proud guild member of the Knights of the Silver Dragon on Thelanis.

I probably won't use it that much, being able to zoom out more seems to be more beneficial. But, good, I guess.
    Server: Khyber

Default In... and Out?

As others have suggested... too bad we don't have this for the current video "highlights".

It would be also really nice to add an :
    Options -> Gameplay -> Allow Long Zoom Out (Default disabled)

For those of us who either really like to see more of the game field or have much longer zooms in videos. Maybe give us another 50% Out when Enabled.

Since it might disorient some who get stuck so far out... best to have it as an option defaulted off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Since this will be more like playing a Nintendo Gamecube FPS than anything else for me, it will mean lots of motion sickness. So I'll stay zoomed out to eagle's eye view but for those who like this, have fun. Just don't get confused trying to throw mm at barrels like you're destroying stuff in Quake.

Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online: Franz Kafka Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by suitepotato View Post
    Just don't get confused trying to throw mm at barrels like you're destroying stuff in Quake.
    I heard Mod 9 has a force chainsaw. Also... bards can change their songs so they play the music from Doom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Is this in Mod 9?

I may have missed it in the release notes. But I don't see a feedback section for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Tharlak View Post
    Is this in Mod 9?

I may have missed it in the release notes. But I don't see a feedback section for it.
    It is. It looks good but not seeing your weapon ahead makes it a little odd.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

for pictures, I would rather I could make myself invisible...the first person view keeps me from that panoramic view of what is around me and instead allows only what is in front or me.

For game play, it is tough to get used to.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm traveling and not able to play, or check out llamaland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Community Member

They should make it so that you can actually see from the characters POV (showing weapons, able to see your characters body)

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Quote Originally Posted by juamaso View Post
    They should make it so that you can actually see from the characters POV (showing weapons, able to see your characters body)
    *clap* You sir get a +1, not only is this your first post, you managed to necro a 2 year old thread with it. Impressed!
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Quote Originally Posted by Untitled View Post
    *clap* You sir get a +1, not only is this your first post, you managed to necro a 2 year old thread with it. Impressed!
    Well, it would be nice to have a TES-esque version of first person in this game. The current first person is worthless because without a weapon shown it is impossible to gauge your distance between you and the enemy. That said, they would have to add first-person sprites for every single weapon which would be a mammoth chore, so it will never happen. :\

Talking !

ALT-Z all day baby!
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Community Member

Default 3rd person camera blocking

A real cool idea is to remove all the stuff that block the camera view when panned all the way out so that you can see whats going on, especially when some mob decides to go hang out in the bushes, or even when some banners are hanging down.

Wink But it shows weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Well, it would be nice to have a TES-esque version of first person in this game. The current first person is worthless because without a weapon shown...

I'd like to bring something up that is similar and that I suggested already a while ago in another thread:

Implement a key that allows us to permanently lock a specific camera angle.

Imagine you could run this game in isometric view and get the Baldur's Gate look and feel.

Right now you can change the angle but as soon us you loosen the mouse button or move it resets back to standard "from behind" view.

As I said. Easy change that would add greatly to the ability to customize the look and feel of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Davelfus View Post
    [IMG]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5184/2012061100011.jpg[/IMG
    Do you mean : ''now you can see your weapon and play like Halo/Doom/Quake/DukeNukem/etc.. in DDO ?''

Necro'd twice within 7 posts. Damn. Let this thread decay for a few years, necro again!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456