Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ok why are they working on this and not druids, half-orcs, half-elves and MORE CONTENT?

Aylianna - 7TR Cleric 25* Sellia - TR Ranger 20 * Yelenna 2TR Cleric Level 22 * Callwynn - 3TR Rogue 25 * Primabotta 4TR 12 Fighter/6 Ranger/2 Rogue * Aylamaran 12TR 17 Barbarian/2 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by WestiesMA View Post
    Ok why are they working on this and not druids, half-orcs, half-elves and MORE CONTENT?
    Duplicate post, 10 yards, still second down!
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by willphase View Post

Will it also be possible to turn off the buff bar, the action point bar and, most importantly, the party list?

Garth
    Alt-Z does that. Sorry if it's a repeat, just skimming the forums before I have to head to work, like 2 min ago.

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Alt-Z does that. Sorry if it's a repeat, just skimming the forums before I have to head to work, like 2 min ago.
    Alt-Z does not do that, actually. It removes everything but what willphase mentioned.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Are we really going to have this silly discussion again? Should the programmers just go hang out at the water-cooler while waiting for the animators to turn in their work instead of fixing simple things like this?
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Alt-Z does not do that, actually. It removes everything but what willphase mentioned.

Alt - Z removes everything for me, See, just taken.:

N/M
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 02-08-2009 at 01:29 AM.

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Alt - Z removes everything for me, See, just taken.:
    Reset your APs, get in a party and buff yourself. Then, take another screenshot.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

This is more important than any of that

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Reset your APs, get in a party and buff yourself. Then, take another screenshot.
    DOH! n/m your right.

*Note to self, don't post hung over really bad*

This will be great at least for screenshots and videos! I like it. An option for people who want it, no biggie for people who don't.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

any chance you can add just a tad more distance to the zoom out as well since you touching all this anyway?
    /TELL Tackilack ~ Tackalack ~ Taq ~ Heartattack ~ Scrooge

Quote Originally Posted by Harncw View Post
    any chance you can add just a tad more distance to the zoom out as well since you touching all this anyway?
    I was thinking the same thing. I always want to zoom out further than the camera will let me.

I'd be interested in seeing the game through a new set of eyes.

Out of curiosity, how will the FPV appear? Will it be from character height? Will we see our weapons held out before us? Our shield? (Like Oblivion) Or will be just see our sword slash out before us on occasion?

I guess what I'm asking is: how much time/effort is being put in to make this feel good/natural/realistic? I've played numerous games with both types of view, and some work wonderfully and some do not. 3rd person in Oblivion sucks, while 1st person platforming in Doom I always found to be difficult. Conversely, FP in Metroid Prime was a fantastic conversion of a 3rd person game to first.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    , while 1st person platforming in Doom I always found to be difficult.
    Funny, Doom has always been the ideal way to play for me. the Doom 3 model was so immersive, I'd turn down the lights and I felt like I was in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post
    Funny, Doom has always been the ideal way to play for me. the Doom 3 model was so immersive, I'd turn down the lights and I felt like I was in the game.
    Oh, I never played Doom 3. I was referring to trying to make jumps in Doom (the first one), and finding that the timing and distances were very difficult to judge (the distance between your "feet" and the view you had didn't correspond well for me).

In other news, for some reason this thread is not sizing to my window properly, and i've got to scroll over half the screen to center everything. Figuring it was an error with the page loading on my end, so I copied the link and opened a new tab, but the problem persists....

Anyone else having this issue?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

In other news, for some reason this thread is not sizing to my window properly, and i've got to scroll over half the screen to center everything. Figuring it was an error with the page loading on my end, so I copied the link and opened a new tab, but the problem persists....

Anyone else having this issue?
    There's a large image on this page of the thread.. so the post area is now as wide as the image...

Out of curiosity, how will the FPV appear? Will it be from character height? Will we see our weapons held out before us? Our shield? (Like Oblivion) Or will be just see our sword slash out before us on occasion?
    From what Phax says: you wont see your weapons, you wont bob as you walk. So they've done what I've been advocating and made a change 'on the cheap' - let the view zoom in a little further and turn off animation of the avatar. Voila! First Person achieved at minimum cost.

On to underwater combat, gnomes, and instance re-use for quests! Pour on the gasolina!
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by courderoyguy View Post
    This will be great at least for screenshots and videos! I like it. An option for people who want it, no biggie for people who don't.
    How much of a "biggie" it is depends on how valuable you consider the "waste of dev time" argument.

Wink So they finally revealed the Super Secret?

Well, options are options, and I think it could be nice....only if I get to hug Tolero more. Those views were so horrible before, the poor lady was hugging Altars in the Shroud!

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Who was the one who was really gunning for this? BigAngel, was it? Anyone alerted him of this? ;P

I can't wait. But will it go "directly" to your character's eyes? Or does it go to a set area, like the chest? One reason I love Warforged is because they stand head and shoulders above the rest, literally, it seems. I would love to play first-person, but if it means to be blocked by Humans or something. . . It'll be annoying. Similarly, do Halflings and Dwarves see from all the way down there? (And if so, will they all get stilts added to their backpacks to help them out? ;P)

I don't mind not being able to see weapons or anything like that like a real FPS offers -- I play Left 4 Dead if I wanted a closer FPS experience -- but being able to see from where I actually stand is great bonus to the immersion. I, for one, can't wait to run through quests like this. It'll teach me to pay more attention, for starters. Lol.

-D
    Thelanis - Warforged Shield of the <Fellowship of the Golden Night>

Forgetting screenshots....the huge awesomeness would be in NOT having to ajust the camera whenever a hanging tapestry, cloth, whatever is blocking your mouse from clicking on anything - like a door, chest, or enemy.

WF are tall, and it is very frustrating to not be able to click on things in front of you, because of a piece of cloth 4 feet BEHIND your head.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast