Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    As a Warchanter I gotta ask.
    Okay a few extra spell points, umm for what? Okay I can throw an extra Cure Serious Wounds spells I really don't think that is very exciting.
    Spell Pen - Okay so may 26ish Chr based DC check will make my Otto' Danacing Sphere work in Reaver on Normal. Again not so exciting.
    Longer songs, cool almost worth while until I though about it. It is not going to reduce the number of songs I sing just put a longer interval between singing them. Maybe if I'm lucky I might save a song or two but with 21 to 24 what's the point?
    I routinely run out of spell points on my warchanter. Having more would be alright by me.

    Duration is good because it is a bit longer before the group has to bunch up and get new songs.

    I do agree, it's much better for a Spellsinger or Virtuoso, but I don't think it's worthless for a warchanter.

    And compared to Cleric, Monk, and Rogue, its clearly better. Heck, I'd gladly take this as a replacement capstone on my cleric.

    Ink

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    four actually.

    OP forgot Rangers. But that's ok, because the devs never do.
    Doh! Fixed...

  3. #23
    Community Member k1dwizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    166

    Question

    doh!
    I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight troller. sure didnt want to hurt velah!

  4. #24
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkblack View Post
    I routinely run out of spell points on my warchanter. Having more would be alright by me.

    Duration is good because it is a bit longer before the group has to bunch up and get new songs.

    I do agree, it's much better for a Spellsinger or Virtuoso, but I don't think it's worthless for a warchanter.

    And compared to Cleric, Monk, and Rogue, its clearly better. Heck, I'd gladly take this as a replacement capstone on my cleric.

    Ink
    The $64,000 question. What are you casting that costs you soo many spell points?
    Shroud Part 1 - 12 Party Members - GH and Blur - 540 Points - Rage*2 50 Points - Haste*3 90 Points = 680 points.

    In all the Raid quests The timing of playing new songs will hardly change. As an example you going to reup songs after each round with Arry in Part 4 of the shroud because the extended song isn't going to last two rounds. Same goes in VoD, before the final elite Orthons reup.
    Now the new raids might have different timings so there is that cavaet.
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 02-03-2009 at 02:35 PM.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    I saw it and I disagree. I run with a guild of friends. I think it is an amazing feat to be able to throw my party members imortality for 5 minutes. Maybe they should have called it immortality and everyone would like it more.
    THere nothing Immortal about it. It lasts for 5 minutes MAX. Once activated (You go incap) it goes away. not to mention many clerics dont carry Turns.

    Its a Pretty bad Capstone overall.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  6. #26
    Community Member Dexxaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waaaaay South of the border!
    Posts
    3,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    1 Wizard
    2 Bard
    3 Paladin
    the rest are not the slightest bit interesting to me.
    Pretty much says it all.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    The $64,000 question. What are you casting that costs you soo many spell points?
    Shroud Part 1 - 12 Party Members - GH and Blur - 540 Points - Rage*2 50 Points - Haste*3 90 Points = 680 points.

    In all the Raid quests The timing of playing new songs will hardly change. As an example you going to reup songs after each round with Arry in Part 4 of the shroud because the extended song isn't going to last two rounds. Same goes in VoD, before the final elite Orthons reup.
    Now the new raids might have different timings so there is that cavaet.
    Here is a possible future tip, an extended displacement will last 4 minutes at level 20, might be a good idea to pass that around more. Freedom of movement (definitely useful in some situations). Spell points are never bad, who knows we might also get more spell choices at some point.

  8. #28
    Founder ace_mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    At your moms
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    THere nothing Immortal about it. It lasts for 5 minutes MAX. Once activated (You go incap) it goes away. not to mention many clerics dont carry Turns.

    Its a Pretty bad Capstone overall.
    Ok I must have read it wrong. i was my understanding that if you go below zero it will keep you from falling below -9. After a few seconds it will activate and cast a heal on you then disapate. so you have a few seconds to hit them with your own heal to get them back up and it doesnt activate. If this is not how it works then maybe it isnt as great as i thought it was but still worth going straight cleric. You can have a base 8 charisma and for 2 action points have 6 dvs. Covers your party in non raids and most raids have 2 clerics. that covers everyone.
    So i guess the question is does it active on incap or when th eheal goes off?
    Leader of PESTILENCE!!Loot whoring is our business and business is GOOD! Revrend Band.
    "I would never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

  9. #29
    Community Member bobbryan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    Ok I must have read it wrong. i was my understanding that if you go below zero it will keep you from falling below -9. After a few seconds it will activate and cast a heal on you then disapate. so you have a few seconds to hit them with your own heal to get them back up and it doesnt activate. If this is not how it works then maybe it isnt as great as i thought it was but still worth going straight cleric. You can have a base 8 charisma and for 2 action points have 6 dvs. Covers your party in non raids and most raids have 2 clerics. that covers everyone.
    So i guess the question is does it active on incap or when th eheal goes off?
    I'm sure it'll activate on incap whether or not you heal them.

    And if there's as much as a 1 min cooldown... then it would take 6 minutes to cover the party, and then the first ones are gone.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    The $64,000 question. What are you casting that costs you soo many spell points?
    Shroud Part 1 - 12 Party Members - GH and Blur - 540 Points - Rage*2 50 Points - Haste*3 90 Points = 680 points.

    In all the Raid quests The timing of playing new songs will hardly change. As an example you going to reup songs after each round with Arry in Part 4 of the shroud because the extended song isn't going to last two rounds. Same goes in VoD, before the final elite Orthons reup.
    Now the new raids might have different timings so there is that cavaet.
    Maybe you play a buffbot Warchanter, But I dont...... ANd I would assume many other people play their warchanters similar ro me....

    I have to use Masters touch for my proficencies, I keep myself Displaced and often toss DIsplaces on others. WHen someone needs healing I have no trouble throwing a Mass cure, I use my Disco ball sparingly, Of course, you always need to pass out Merfolks as well... Critical importance in almost al quests.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    Ok I must have read it wrong. i was my understanding that if you go below zero it will keep you from falling below -9. After a few seconds it will activate and cast a heal on you then disapate. so you have a few seconds to hit them with your own heal to get them back up and it doesnt activate. If this is not how it works then maybe it isnt as great as i thought it was but still worth going straight cleric. You can have a base 8 charisma and for 2 action points have 6 dvs. Covers your party in non raids and most raids have 2 clerics. that covers everyone.
    So i guess the question is does it active on incap or when th eheal goes off?
    Id assume it activates on incap as it prevented you from dying.

    However, that could be a very big deal. You would retain your buffs and potentially avoid a penalty box. Might also be a very big deal in content that requires the party to split up. And of course...if theres a party wipe, but a couple of people had this on them, it might make a huge difference.

    On the other hand, if none of those situations exist, and people arent dying much, then yeah, not much help here.

    I think this will turn out to be a quest specific benefit...but it wouldnt shock me if you we see some "capstone cleric needed" LFM's in mod 9 if there are a couple quests like that...
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

  12. #32
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    Here is a possible future tip, an extended displacement will last 4 minutes at level 20, might be a good idea to pass that around more. Freedom of movement (definitely useful in some situations). Spell points are never bad, who knows we might also get more spell choices at some point.
    I am not saying extra spell points are bad, rather my Warchanter doesn't seem to have this issue of running out of Spell Points that is being cited as the reason the bard one is good for Warchanters. Thus making the extra Spell points currently neutral in my book.

    This leads me to believe 1 of 2 things
    1) I am a bad warchanter and I really need to cast spell X to improve my performance.
    2) Many people are wasting SP by casting things like extended GH on part one of the shroud or the subterrane or....

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace_mason View Post
    Ok I must have read it wrong. i was my understanding that if you go below zero it will keep you from falling below -9. After a few seconds it will activate and cast a heal on you then disapate. so you have a few seconds to hit them with your own heal to get them back up and it doesnt activate. If this is not how it works then maybe it isnt as great as i thought it was but still worth going straight cleric. You can have a base 8 charisma and for 2 action points have 6 dvs. Covers your party in non raids and most raids have 2 clerics. that covers everyone.
    So i guess the question is does it active on incap or when th eheal goes off?
    6 Turns? 8 Base CHR starts with just 2 Turns. and if you started with an 8, you probobly arent wearing a CHR item on a regular basis. or dropping a +2 Tome into CHR.

    Didnt you send your barbarian zerging off in your example anyway? How ya gonna heal him if hes nowhere near you?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    I am not saying extra spell points are bad, rather my Warchanter doesn't seem to have this issue of running out of Spell Points that is being cited as the reason the bard one is good for Warchanters. Thus making the extra Spell points currently neutral in my book.

    This leads me to believe 1 of 2 things
    1) I am a bad warchanter and I really need to cast spell X to improve my performance.
    2) Many people are wasting SP by casting things like extended GH on part one of the shroud or the subterrane or....
    Well I don't know do you use displacement often? I am almost always displaced on my battle Bard. Like I said also displacement at the cap if you have extend becomes another really handy buff to pass out to the mana sink melees because it will last about as long as a round of songs.

    GH I agree with Bard songs that is often not worth passing around at all unless the quest requires a lot of saves.

  15. #35
    Community Member Kreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathseeker View Post
    Id assume it activates on incap as it prevented you from dying.

    However, that could be a very big deal. You would retain your buffs and potentially avoid a penalty box. Might also be a very big deal in content that requires the party to split up. And of course...if theres a party wipe, but a couple of people had this on them, it might make a huge difference.

    On the other hand, if none of those situations exist, and people arent dying much, then yeah, not much help here.

    I think this will turn out to be a quest specific benefit...but it wouldnt shock me if you we see some "capstone cleric needed" LFM's in mod 9 if there are a couple quests like that...
    Don't forget that it only helps with physical damage. You can still get destructed, fingered, etc. Also, what if that "heal" it gives you causes you to res in the middle of the crowd that beat you up to start with?

    And there aren't too many DV/turn Clerics running around these days. My second Cleric will be pure but I won't use both of my turns on this. I don't even have them on my hot bar.
    Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Mrmrsmr Garrison

  16. #36
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    Well I don't know do you use displacement often? I am almost always displaced on my battle Bard. Like I said also displacement at the cap if you have extend becomes another really handy buff to pass out to the mana sink melees because it will last about as long as a round of songs.

    GH I agree with Bard songs that is often not worth passing around at all unless the quest requires a lot of saves.
    When I play my warchanter I tend to buff very little, I'm trying to be better. Good Hope, Songs, GH for those that need it, Haste and Go. I tend to keep myself displaced and the main melee in many quests.

    However I listen to many many warchanters complain about lack of SP, yet they just cast extended GH AND BLUR on everyone for the final fight with Arry. (Sorry that occured the other day on Khyber). So I tend to believe that those same warchanters complaining about SP are the same one wasting SP.

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  17. #37
    Community Member Gum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Paladin, with Wizard coming in second.
    **As the Great Emu is one with the hill, so am I with the Great Emu.**
    PlatinumKnightsddo.us

  18. #38
    Community Member Kiranselie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    All other capstones>Rogue Capstone.


    Rethink the rogue capstone please, youre just setting us back several Mods w/ this train of thought.
    I've got my affairs in order for the coming zombie apocalypse, do you?

  19. #39
    Community Member Mhykke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    I think the rogue capstone is much, much worse than the cleric one.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

  20. #40
    Community Member Pyromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,763

    Default

    They're all pretty good, except for the rogue one. The rogues get the shaft.
    Thanks for the long time forum user purge of Aug '10 (Sarcasm for those who don't get it)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload