Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Default A somewhat arcane suggestion

First of all, apologies for the pun in the subject header. I could not resist (Not even with GH's boost to saves).

I'm always a fan of Eberron-specific content so here goes:

Level 5 (Elves, Wiz, Sorc)
    Glimpse of Eternity - confuses enemies (will save) and deals non-lethal damage (could be converted to WIS dmg for DDO)

Level 6 (Wiz, Sorc, Brd)
    Glimpse of the Prophecy - stuns enemies (Will save) or provides caster with insight bonus to saves\skills

And finally, a homebrew spell:

Level 9
    Blossom of the Daelkyr Lords
    Level: Wiz/Sor9, Druid8, Chaos8, Madness8)
    Components: V, S, special
    Casting time: 1 standard action
    Range: 30ft. cone
    Targets: All affected
    Duration: instantaneous or 3 rounds + 1 round/5 levels
    Saving Throw: Fort (special)
    Spell Resistance: No

Tiny, orange tentacles grow from the palm of your outstretched hand, clawing at the air in front of them and emitting a maddenly chittering sound. Suddenly, a large multi-hued flower bursts wetly from your palm, spewing nauseating pollen in a forward facing cone. The tentacles flick at the air hungrily and whip up the pollen cloud.

All creatures within the 30ft cone are covered in the pollen and suffer 1d4 WIS and 1d4 CON damage every round unless they succeed at a FORT save (half damage). Affected creatures continue to take WIS and CON damage for the duration of the spell but are allowed saves every round. Creatures are also nausesated by the pollen cloud (no save).

A Heal spell (or higher level magic) stops the spell from inflicting further ability damage (but does not remove ability damage already taken) and removes the nausea effect. A Remove Disease or Dispel Chaos spell shortens the remaining duration of the spell by half as well as removing the nausea effect.

Creatures who die as a result of CON damage from this spell dissolve into a slimey mess and are reanimated 1 round later as a green ooze with hit dice equal to half the creature's original level (the ooze does not continue to take CON or WIS damage from this spell). The green ooze is not under the control of the caster and the transformed creature can only brought back to life by a Wish spell, True Ressurection or similar magic. Creatures who fall to 0 WIS points from this spell are driven horribly insane and will obey any commands given to it by a Daelkyr.

Newark, DE

Quote Originally Posted by JetEskimo View Post
    I would love to see Evards Black Tentacles in the game too. I know they don't have the grapple mechanics in place right now, but I'm sure they could make it work.
    Maybe run it like a stronger version of web that does damage?

Stumptown, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgore View Post
    Maybe run it like a stronger version of web that does damage?
    I thought about that. The big + on that spell is that the roll is STR based rather than reflex (DEX) giving you another control option for different mobs. Of course, the fact it wouldn't burn away like web does would still be pretty useful.
    My Mighty Midget - Tysil

Play for fun, whatever your definition may be, and don't ruin the fun for others, whatever their definition may be

Stalking Tab.

Default beaten by a muffin 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Randolf_Drake View Post
    I cannot believe no one has asked for

No more timers, would only have to recast buff spells if they are dispelled... No more buffing yourself, even after resting...
    /signed, and just so you don't feel alone out there, it has been asked for, in this thread: see muffin's post.

and others have seconded it. It's a big thread, easy to miss.
    "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
    Officer of Aces over Kings, Argonesson - Elmo, Marin, Ganelon, Sevollas, Seda, Camerone, Amdr, Ganelonn, Fozzie, Misspiggy

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    Some of my recommendations to add:

Blink - Hey, if the devils can do it...
    Greater Invisibility

Prismaticatic Wall
    These three would be awesome, i would also like to add:

ICE WALL-for making dem monsters trapped in Cloud Kill
    STONE WALL-Again for making dem monsters trapped in firewall/Cloud Kill

I would like to see ALL spells implemented.

From core books and Eberron.

*I especially like the Bigby [x] Hand ones though (not sure how you would implement them in DDO since in my campaigns I would use them more for interrogation purposes).
    Bring in... GNOMES!!!

Community Member

I'd like to see more defensive spells such as greater stoneskin, premonition, improved mage armor, ethereal/ghostly visage, and shadow shield.
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011