Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SatansToupee View Post
    Why even call it a feat anymore ? its improved false life, that was what was nice about the helm.
    its still better then improved false life which it will stack with plus it gives heavy fort and for the 11-17 level crowds it gives more hp then they would have gotten with orginal format.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SatansToupee View Post
    Why even call it a feat anymore ? its improved false life, that was what was nice about the helm.
    It stacks with improved false life and the HP adjusts with level, so you are simply wrong, it does act as the feat.

What they are doing with this helm is consistant with how they have handled temporary items throughout the game. Temp dex on a piece of jewlery for example don't qualify you for a feat based on dex. The mobility feat on an item doesn't qualify you for spring attack, etc. This isn't true to PnP, but is is one heck of a lot easier to code so I can see why they took this route.

Default Well done

Thank you for the notification of the change with enough advance to respec our characters prior to Mod 9 if required. Very well done!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear brighter before they speak. Characters: All start with Film. Loreseeker Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    In the upcoming module, there will be a change to the way the helmet Minos Legens functions:

The pseudo-Toughness feat the helmet grants will grant 20 additional hit points to the wearer (that stack with all other sources of extra hit points) regardless of character level, and will no longer grant unintended access to enhancements that require the Toughness feat as a prerequisite.

It is possible that characters that possess Toughness related enhancements solely due to the feat granted by Minos Legens may have their enhancements respecced when they log in after Module 9 goes live.

If you do not wish to risk this due to wishing to keep your current enhancement layout, I highly recommend acquiring the Toughness feat before then.
    nice job a good fix IMO....also like that you guys are giving a heads up on it... (must be a lot people using this loop hole me thinks) so does this mean mod 9 is close?
    I've been here for quite awhile.
    JayWade

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    /applause

THIS is the kind of communication we've been lacking!!!! See the key elements here, folks? Eladrin noted a change that would be coming up that might make a few people butthurt, so he communicated the change to us before it went live!

I probably shouldn't be so excited at seeing a simple tidbit of communication with customers, but it is what it is. Keep it up, Eladrin... you seem to be making a stand against the "wall of silence". Don't think it's going unnoticed.
    He's been communicating, the only thing lacking is your attention.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

umm if you thought this wasnt gonna get fixed your just way to naive... the reality is the thought that it was more important to "fix the house J theatre appearance" and make the ruins of Threnal look more like a "dig site" before the fixed a item that Gave a free "Feat" which almost everyone had to know was unintentional, this should have been quickly fixed 9 months ago

jrp

Arrow

Although 5 of my builds will be affected by this change (Luckily not Bruttus)....I'm actually glad it's happening.

Why? Because multi-classing has been strengthened, as FEAT Starvation limits the Pure's just a wee bit more.

You want Toughness Enhancements for say 50-80 more HP's? Get the actual feat... but you'll miss out on <insert other well needed Feat here>.

Of course Pure Paladins are gonna take the biggest hit IMO. There goes EXTEND, Power Attack, UMD, Intimidate, Force of Personality (for those nutjobs who actually think a Paladin needs it).

Anyway, although a little late.....it was coming and we all rode the wave.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

It has been said before but just wanted to add my voice.

This is EXACTLY the kind of communication that is needed. We need to hear about these changes that will impact MANY well in advance so folks can adapt prior to the release.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    ]. There goes EXTEND, Power Attack, UMD, Intimidate, Force of Personality
    yeah this is the worst part, losing out on either extend or power attack on a lot of builds. its a needed fix tho so gj for letting us know about it.

still does not count as a preview this week.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    yeah this is the worst part, losing out on either extend or power attack on a lot of builds. its a needed fix tho so gj for letting us know about it.

still does not count as a preview this week.
    Don't forget...as the cap moves to 20 we will get another feat...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post
    Don't forget...as the cap moves to 20 we will get another feat...
    yeap the lvl 18 feat will make everything ok on all of my builds but one, and i deserve the feats starvation on that one (ranger/bard/barb)

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    In the upcoming module, there will be a change to the way the helmet Minos Legens functions:
    Thanks for the advanced notice Eladrin! Knew it was coming, but glad to hear/see a dev actually confirm it prior to go live.
    http://www.dkforums.com - Look Mom it's a Guild forum, can I have one too?

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Thanks again, Turbine, I guess giving us advance warning counts as lubing us up before we get the shaft.

Of course, nobody seems to be asking why we have to take the shaft in the first place; what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by feynman View Post
    Of course, nobody seems to be asking why we have to take the shaft in the first place; what's up with that?
    probably because they actually want people to take the toughness feat.

every time a feat is devalued in some way, classes/races that grant extra feats (wizards, fighters, humans) are made less useful, and other builds don't have to make tough decisions in what to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post

every time a feat is devalued in some way, classes/races that grant extra feats (wizards, fighters, humans) are made less useful, and other builds don't have to make tough decisions in what to take.
    And that's fine, but they keep making changes that amount to saying "HAHAHA! You get to reroll again!"

Couldn't they come up with fixes that would not ruin your build?

Quote Originally Posted by smithers View Post
    That is a good question: Why must we take "the shaft" ?

Aren't there other ways to express oneself than through anal sex metaphors?

If "taking a lubed shaft" is not sufficiently disgusting then I'll try to take it a bit further for you:

Nurfing minos legions is like taking a giant thobbing veiny shaft!

Infraction points for the both of us I say.
    Fine: It's worse than buying an american car!

And that's fine, but they keep making changes that amount to saying "HAHAHA! You get to reroll again!"

Losing a Toughness Feat granted from an item is going to ruin your build?

I hate to see what kind of gimp you're playing.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka Yomero (Human Hybrid) .:. Darani Yomero (Drow Sorcerer) .:. Yomero (WF Paladonk)

If you have to reroll because they fixed an obviously broken item which accidentally gave you access to a handful of extra HP without taking a feat then the problem is not on Turbine's end but on a seriously broken build you designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post

I may be misunderstanding your post, but I´d say that evrytime a feat is given to the playerbase through an item (Like Minos), the classes & races that get bonus feats, Skill points, etc... get devalued.

having stated it this way, I applaude the change and people will have to start thinking and planning a bit if they want to be contenders for top builds.

Shake and bake is out da window.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Quote Originally Posted by Tharlak View Post
    It has been said before but just wanted to add my voice.

This is EXACTLY the kind of communication that is needed. We need to hear about these changes that will impact MANY well in advance so folks can adapt prior to the release.

Thank you.

No ****. Business as usual.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast