Default Official status of Weapon Ki: Longsword?

It was recently pointed out to me that this feat is already in the compendium.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:...Ki:_Long_Sword

I can think of several builds that seems very interesting around this, and given my relatively limited play time, I might like to start one soon if this feat is coming in Mod 9. I've played every race except elf, and this would finally interest me in playing one!!! Any chance of an official confirm/deny?

Much appreciated if possible, but I understand if not.

One of the devs posted when this was first spotted in the compendium. It's in development but don't expect to see it soon. Will see if I can track down the official post for you.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget2775 View Post
    THANKS! Very interesting. But that thread is getting to be a bit old (10/2008). Eladrin alludes to problems with development. Did any of these magically resolve themselves such that Mod 9 inclusion has become likely? I would have to agree this is a low priority addition, so spending a ton of time to make it work is probably inadvisable. But if it's easy I'm pretty sure I'd have some fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanimal View Post
    THANKS! Very interesting. But that thread is getting to be a bit old (10/2008). Eladrin alludes to problems with development. Did any of these magically resolve themselves such that Mod 9 inclusion has become likely? I would have to agree this is a low priority addition, so spending a ton of time to make it work is probably inadvisable. But if it's easy I'm pretty sure I'd have some fun with it!
    It can’t be that hard. My monk can weild a deadly candy cane without becoming uncentered.

And yeah, a status update would be nice even if it’s “Sorry, but we’ll revisit it when we work on monk PrE’s”.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Making different weapons more useful should be a priority in the game.

Giving Monks the ability to Feat in some of the under used weapons (Long Sword) giving some classes additional benefits with an exotic weapon (Paladin's granted Bastard Sword Useage), is one way to take the game from the Khopesh, Dwarven Axe, Rapier users we see today, to a greater weapon selection.

I already see more Quarter stave Devotion Item use, thanks to the growing number of Clonks-(Cleric Monks).

Having some reason for Brigadine, Banded, Scale and Half Plate would be helpful as well.

Regs,

muffinarmorer
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

personally I would be against the weapon ki: longsword idea.

However, them fixing the current monk weapons first would be awesome..

Default More info

It would be nice to have an update on this before I use 48 larges on Kama's I'd rather use on Longswords or something better.
    Falcion Silverfeather - 20 clr (Argo)
    Falcionn Silverfeather - 15rgr, 3rog, 2mnk (Argo)
    Johnathon Ranthor - 13 rog, 6 rgr, 1mnk (Argo)

Quote Originally Posted by brool View Post
    personally I would be against the weapon ki: longsword idea.

However, them fixing the current monk weapons first would be awesome..
    You may want to blur out some of your shot, as it contains banned language. (Just trying to help you avoid getting harassed.)

Also, you didn't state that the problem is the minimum level being crazy-high. (Right?) Do you believe this is a general problem, or just a random bug?

well a +1 weapon with weakening on it... Thats definitly not a ml 14 race required item. As far as the censorship of the words, doesnt bother me. When turbine takes the time to put out a quality product, ill take the time to follow the rules they have.

Default Just what I needed

The tempest builds move to the monk tempest build with Weapon Ki:rapier / scimitar / bow?

everything will be monk + x builds. Except the Paladin with the huge freaking 28d6 capstone attack.