Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Stormreach Chronicle 1-30-09

A weekly look at what's happening around the forums! Tips, community spotlights, Turbine info, and more!

Letter from the Editors

"It's a new year, and time for the Chronicle to get a new look! In addition to some aesthetic changes, two new segments have come to the Chronicle: "Community Spotlight" and "Curious Cube". The Community Spotlight will periodically highlight great efforts put forth by players just like you! From videos, to fan art, or other great displays of DDO and community pride, the Community Spotlight calls out great efforts by our great players!

Meanwhile, the Gelatinous Cube - during its perusing of the forums - comes upon many strange and interesting questions. Some it devours, and others it is intrigued by. Now the Cube has invaded the Chronicle in the newest segment "Curious Cube". The Cube will post questions to the community that it deems interesting in the Chronicle, and it will be watching for answers. If the Cube likes your response, your answer could get features in the next Chronicle! Think your question for fellow players can make it past the Cube's belly and into the next Chronicle as a Curious Cube Question? Try your luck by sending your question for your fellow players to ddo@turbine.com

The forums will also be getting a change up on Monday. Be on the look out for new forums opening, like the new Builds forum, Gameplay forums, and Screenshot forum "Visions of Eberron"!

Thanks for tuning in to the Stormreach Chronicle!"

- The DDD Community Team

These players have gone above and beyond the call with a great contribution to the community!

This week, we're spotlighting Kalanth! Kalanth has put together an amazing video that highlights the excitement that is DDO. Check it out at DDO.com!

The latest happenings at our DDO Fansites!
    Find out how you can become a DDO Fansite by clicking here!

We're pleased to introduce the latest addition to our Fansite Listing: DDO Faces!

DDO Faces encourages players to come together to share their pictures, and see the faces behind the names! Users can search images, view by server, and upload multiple images. Remember to include your character name or forum name in your image title! Stop by and give it a try!

Looking for a guild? Try one of our featured guilds today!

Guild: les Seigneurs de Karrnath, of Ghallanda
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=170180

About The Guild: This is a French speaking guild that takes part in all kinds of activities, from low-level content to high-level raids. This is a gathering place for all French-speaking DDO'ers!

Over 500 guilds have pages in the Compendium guild listings, and yours can too! Try a template today!
    Looking for a guild? Stop by the Compendium and Guild Matchup Forums!
    Would you like your guild to be featured in the Chronicle? Send a PM to the Community Team!

Join other aspiring builders as we take a look at this week's user-created character builds!

Featured Build: Bloodmonk
    Featured Build: My Pally Attempt

Looking for a character design? Unsure which feat you should take next? Seeking build feedback? Be sure to stop by the Class Discussion Forum

Helping new or returning players, one topic at a time!

DDO Dictionary: "Larges"
    Definition: (Noun, Plural) A type of crafting ingredient used with Eldritch Devices. Some crafting ingredients in the Vale of Twilight and Shroud raid come in tiers of size - small, medium, and large. The term "larges" is derived from the full ingredient names (e.g. Large Devil Scales). "Larges" is often used in reference to more than one large ingredient.

Say It, Learn It!
    "I'll trade you some larges for a Tome"

In a world where threads are tasty and posts are food, one Cube has chosen a question.
    Now he's looking for answers...

To get us started, Cinoaz asks:
    "What's up with the Red Dragon in the Harbor? Was running around the harbor, looked up, and there was a Red Dragon flying around...What's up with that?"

Lorien the First One answers:
    "She has been ID'd as the dragon you get to kill in Von6 "

Wamjratl1 answers:
    "...it's just for flavor. But I'm hoping one day it will swoop down and snatch someone up while they aren't looking."

The Cube's answer:
    "Well nothing tastes better than adventurers fresh off the boat from Korthos. Velah must have figured that the Korthos dragon was full, and so you armored snacks are up for grabs."

This Week's Cube Question:
    Tarrant asks:
    "What's the worst party wipe you've ever had?"

Think you have a good question for the community? Let the Cube judge!
    Send your forum name and question for the Community to DDO@turbine.com - your questions/answers could make it past the Cube's belly, and into the next Chronicle!

Looking for a player-run event? Hosting an event? Be sure to visit the Forum Calendars!

February 14th: 3rd Annual St Valentines Day Massacre & Sweetheart Dance

About The Event: It's time once again! Mark your calendar for a night of love and carnage at the Phoenix Tavern on the Thelanis server. Dance with the one you love or fight with the one you hate! Fun, food, music, dancing, prizes, and mayhem!

Want your player-run event listed in the calendars? Be sure to check out our guide to posting events!

You can follow along with the latest Turbine talk right here on the forums!
    Visit: The Dev Tracker, News & Announcements, and The QA Lodge

Tune in next week for another Stormreach Chronicle!
    You can visit the Compendium for an archive of previous issues of the Stormreach Chronicle!
    Last edited by Tolero; 01-31-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Default first

first...lol

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Yer banners messin' with mah screen T.

I likes the Curious Cube section!

But yer banners messin with mah screen.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Beherit_Baphomar View Post
    Yer banners messin' with mah screen T.

I likes the Curious Cube section!

But yer banners messin with mah screen.
    It's messing with mine too! Sorry about that, that was supposed to be the reduced banner version not the original

Community Member

Still no information on the new release, with ~1 month to go.

Will there be more buildup?
    Will the communities expectations continue to grow more vast and mysterious?
    Will the mod ever be able to live up to it?
    Will the mod be late... again?

For more information, tune in tomorrow...
    and the next day...
    and the day after that...
    and twice on Tuesday...
    and they'll tell us a bit later...
    on the following day...

maybe...

Ink

I like the new setup.

Mod 9? Risia? The Super Secret?

<|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    Mod 9?
    Risia? The Super Secret?

Let me help you with an answer to your questions

Mod 9 some time during 2009....
    Risia.. Was donated to Harry Potter Online.
    The Super Secret? Asheron's call 3 is being made by the DDO development team.. hitboxes? Oh please, oh please, oh please!
    __________________________________________________ _
    My Grandfather once dated Madonna. Right around WWII.

Alright i have no real replies, but work is boooooring.
    __________________________________________________ _
    My Grandfather once dated Madonna. Right around WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadz View Post
    Alright i have no real replies, but work is boooooring.
    Good on you, mate.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Default Looks Good

I like the new banners and the cube section. Thanks T.

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    Mod 9? Risia? The Super Secret?

Still secret. Must....not...reveal.......yet....must....not....> > incidentally I decided to make a penny jar for every time someone has asked/asks me about it before I can say anything. Whenever I'm tempted to reveal, I put money in it. It appears that I will have enough to get that fancy yarn I want so I can begin knitting my new dice bag organizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Still secret. Must....not...reveal.......yet....must....not....> > incidentally I decided to make a penny jar for every time someone has asked/asks me about it before I can say anything. Whenever I'm tempted to reveal, I put money in it. It appears that I will have enough to get that fancy yarn I want so I can begin knitting my new dice bag organizer.
    That's pretty interesting. I noticed a jar on your desk with money in it, and decided to take cash out whenever I'm tempted to reveal the secret. It's a way of rewarding myself for keeping the secret safe. You should probably hold off on that yarn.

ya i made a jar as well and everytime you guys say super secret i put a nickel in it must have 40-50 bucks in there by now.
    akla thornfist lev 17fighter- healalot thornfist lev 19cleric- aklasek thornfist 13fighter 4 paly- healthis thornfist lev 17 32pt cleric- seakla lev 8 rogue, proud member of unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    That's pretty interesting. I noticed a jar on your desk with money in it, and decided to take cash out whenever I'm tempted to reveal the secret. It's a way of rewarding myself for keeping the secret safe. You should probably hold off on that yarn.
    -_- you know I thought it felt like I had put a lot more in than was visible. That does it, moving it to a clear jar with lines marked on the side!

-_- you know I thought it felt like I had put a lot more in than was visible. That does it, moving it to a clear jar with lines marked on the side!
    Good idea, that'll stop me!

*hides a big box of clear jars and a sharpie pen*

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Good idea, that'll stop me!

*hides a big box of clear jars and a sharpie pen*
    Playing this game this long has taught me well how to use kobold trap technology.

Consider yourself warned.

...it's also taught me that the first reaction to danger should be to jump backwards and cast darkness.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

In a world where threads are tasty and posts are food, one Cube has chosen a question.
    Now he's looking for answers...

To get us started, Cinoaz asks:
    "What's up with the Red Dragon in the Harbor? Was running around the harbor, looked up, and there was a Red Dragon flying around...What's up with that?"

Lorien the First One answers:
    "She has been ID'd as the dragon you get to kill in Von6 "

Wamjratl1 answers:
    "...it's just for flavor. But I'm hoping one day it will swoop down and snatch someone up while they aren't looking."

The Cube's answer:
    "Well nothing tastes better than adventurers fresh off the boat from Korthos. Velah must have figured that the Korthos dragon was full, and so you armored snacks are up for grabs."
    /jumps up and down

Yay, I was quoted

Community Member Asherons_Chosen's Avatar

Turbine Team Banter....they're in a good mood Mod 9 must be on schedule.
    Grawwl (Father of the Bennette Family Warriors) - now with FP of the defender and Bloodstone! ) || Graaol || Graaul || Graaveen - the Healing Uncle

--- "You have no characters" <-- LIES!!!

Playing this game this long has taught me well how to use kobold trap technology.

Consider yourself warned.

...it's also taught me that the first reaction to danger should be to jump backwards and cast darkness.
    Maybe you should hire that little rat of a kobold who keeps making his way around...from stk, to von 1, to crucible...to tolero's hideout! muhaha!

P.S. can you tell us if he is actually a manifestation of punpun and we are all doomed?
    Aundair, New Khyber
    Alreck Gingerbarrel(15clr/1barb), Torrak Gingerbarrel(16 Brd), Oat(13 Rgr/3Ftr), Moxxy(16 Sor), Thorrac Gingerbarrel(6 Pal/1 Ftr) <<Current Toons>>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast