Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Newtons_Apple View Post
    There may be a fine line between demanding to get a +3 STR tome and asking if it will be put up for roll; or at least we may be talking about perception here.

The caster who gets the tome feels inundated by requests to put the item up for roll, while the tanks who want it put up for roll are desperate since they've run the raid 60 times with no luck. And when desperation meets exasperation, drama ensues....

To answer the OP's question, there are many who would consider your decision to keep the tome beyond greedy. +6 STR items are not hard to come by- casters typically have a spare slot they can use for gloves, belts, bracers or even a ring. (If you need one, I'd be happy to send you one. Except for a ring though. 8D)

There are probably casters out there who have taken the madstone shield so they could block better. I'm sure there are tanks who have taken the napkin so they could boost intel.

And I've seen a character take 2 shards of power when I needed one. (This person rolled on a shard AFTER getting one in his chest.) When I asked why he rolled on it, his tell back was "Because I needed it, bro."

My point is greed is fairly rampant in this game. And while there is no official blacklist, people do talk. Reputations, deserved or not, have a way of catching up to people- I've seen it time and again. So be careful OP. This is not a threat btw - I have no wish to see players be ostracized. But this game, being a social one, tends to foster pack mentalities and cliques.
    Nice post man.

/signed

And I've seen a character take 2 shards of power when I needed one. (This person rolled on a shard AFTER getting one in his chest.) When I asked why he rolled on it, his tell back was "Because I needed it, bro."
    Why does pulling one shard invalidate his roll for a second shard? Its perfectly reasonable to say he needed two shards (who doesn't?). If he said he needed one shard then changed his mind and said he needed two shards, then ok, hes probably being greedy but he probably didn't so you'll never know. Is it unfair? Of course it is! But so is other people pulling bloodstones on my loot runs!
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Quote Originally Posted by transtemporal View Post
    But so is other people pulling bloodstones on my loot runs!
    Whaaaaat?? You pulled one at the same time ;-) How is that unfair?
    Thalia Imperatrix - Cleric 17
    Trooo B'Dor - Bard 12

ChaosKnights - Argonessen

Quote Originally Posted by Pain_Giving_Inmate View Post
    Whaaaaat?? You pulled one at the same time ;-) How is that unfair?
    Its only fair if I pull both. Somehow.

Not on Argo, but I'd be OK with it. Not fine, but OK.

I can definitely understand hating the 8 Str - I put a 12 Str into my Sorc for this very reason and have never regretted it.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    Not true....You haven't seen it? Here it is:

Argo Blacklist
    --------------
    Elmo

The end.

Obviously we'll need to start a black-list for the black-listers.

:P
    "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
    Officer of Aces over Kings, Argonesson - Elmo, Marin, Ganelon, Sevollas, Seda, Camerone, Amdr, Ganelonn, Fozzie, Misspiggy

Default Please don't put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by transtemporal View Post
    Why does pulling one shard invalidate his roll for a second shard? Its perfectly reasonable to say he needed two shards (who doesn't?). If he said he needed one shard then changed his mind and said he needed two shards, then ok, hes probably being greedy but he probably didn't so you'll never know. Is it unfair? Of course it is! But so is other people pulling bloodstones on my loot runs!
    I didn't say it invalidated it- I typed it to emphasize my point on greed. And I learned a long time ago life is unfair.
    "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
    Officer of Aces over Kings, Argonesson - Elmo, Marin, Ganelon, Sevollas, Seda, Camerone, Amdr, Ganelonn, Fozzie, Misspiggy

I really wouldn't give a rat's @$$ I would hand you a khopesh and a Shield and point you to the nearest kobold to practice on.
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil

I didn't say it invalidated it- I typed it to emphasize my point on greed. And I learned a long time ago life is unfair.
    Sorry Newton, I didn't mean for that to come off as an attack, this is just a particular area where I've seen the need before greed principle get a bit wobbly. Its a separate issue though so maybe I'll post a thread about it.

Raid Loot will always be a bone of contention. Thats why it makes sense to discuss or have the rules regarding raid loot clarified up front. Of course there is no way to enforce it, but it makes a selfish move that much more obvious.

Yes, its your loot. Yes, you get to decide what to do with it. I, in turn, get to decide what I think of you, which will of course influence my decision to run with you in the future, or to allow you to roll on something that I happen to pull, that time or at some future time.

So, while I may not say anything, either at the time or in the forums the next day while I am at work and trying not to get anything productive done, I may do some or all of the following.

1. Say no thanks to running with you again. Reserved for people who continually and severely **** me off. Not as a punishment for you, per se, but more because I don't want the hassle.

2. Put my own raid loot up for a roll that you are excluded from. Hey, if YOU get to decide what you do with your own loot, so do I. Hard for you to say that I am not being fair at this point.

3. If I see you rolling against someone else for something, put my own name in the hat even if I don't need the item. If I should win it, I will give it to the other person, effectively giving you a one in three chance of getting it and the other person two in three odds. Consider it instant Karma.

4. All those little whatevers that drop in regular chests that people pass on to others as a matter of course? Like that wand that the fighter pulls, or the manna pot that the rogue gets? I will keep it and sell it rather than give it to you, or offer to sell it to you for its listed value. Petty? Maybe. But hey, you scooped something that you needed a little bit and someone else needed a lot more urgently on the basis that it was yours. Me too. Just playing by your rules.

That being said, I can totally understand why a sorc would want more strength. I got me a bull strength clickie that I use when I need it. Granted, its not a +3 str tome, but it does the job. When I level up a little more I am sure I will pull a +4, 5, or even 6 Str item that I can use, which will give me 12, 13, or 14 Str respectively, more than enough for me since I mostly carry scrolls, wands, and robes around and they are light.

Maybe its my Canadian roots talking, but I just don't understand why someone would grab something that they don't really need all that much instead of giving it to someone who really needs it.
    Thelanis; Strngrdanger, Likkerpig, Byrnt, Obgynkenobi, Severancepay, Buffystmarie.

Default Make the warded chest private...

***edit***

For anyone who actually saw what I wrote in regard to this thread, I still think what I said was quite appropriate, but after a little more thought about this thread, the OP was probably someone who is bored and intentionally started this to start a flame thread and get easily swayed people into trouble.

Congratz on ur +3 tome if it actually even happened, it was urs, end of story.

As far as talking of this any further, well all it turns into is a bunch of apes seeing who can pound thier chest the hardest.

<-----throws out a few bananas and hopes nobody slips.

Hope this thread keeps many warm for the last few days of winter.
    Last edited by vVvAiaynAvVv; 02-03-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Community Member

Default Loots

I pulled the Head of Fortune in Reaver, thought my cleric didn't need it so I put it up for rolls. Now I changed my gears around and it turns out that I do need the Head and it never drops *cry*. Why, why would I give my fortune away?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789