Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanka View Post
    How does Spell Pen help a Bard when quite a few enemies in the later parts of the game are outright immune to many of their spells?
    Ya know, in D&D there is the Whelm series of spells, which are enchantments that do hitpoints damage... I bet they wouldn't be immune to them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    for spellsinger cc/healing bards its the bomb..
    I'm reading a +3 DC boost to Enchantment spells, a smattering more SP due to the CHA bump and better spell penetration. Without significant changes to mob saves and SR, I don't see this capstone bringing bardic spell CC back to prominence, and it has little to nothing to offer bards on the healing front. It's cheap, so people will take it, but it's a big fat 'meh' in my book as well.

Changing the theme music? Is that just Turbine's way of saying they have no clue as to what a good bard capstone would be? Useless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Benefit: Activate this ability to change the dungeon background music to a different, random song. (No cooldown.)
    Although it's unfortunate that DDO doesn't have the same music options as other games, the expense to add them cannot be justified.

Default Grrr how about a respec option..

All bards who are not melee bards will have to be pure. Currently if you are a non melee bard you can be a very good healer and potentially a decent ccer although mobs are immune to your cc or have high will saves at end game. Healing for bards is going to take a nosedive in comparison to clerics with the mass healing spell (9th level cleric) looming so for hangover, my non melee bard, I was trying to figure out what to do. What I came up with is respec a little and make sure I was an optimum cc bard, but now my cc is gimped in comparison to pure bards - they have a +1 to all cc and +3 to enchantment spells along with +3 to spell pen compared to hangover just because I splashed one sorc level 2 years ago.

For Rabiez, my battle bard, I will still pick this up because it will help with 20% longer songs, 2 extra songs, and +2 to charisma which for 2 action points is very cheap - so why not... Edit: Really its the equivalent of 10 action points for actual bard enhancements so it is more useful then most of the other current capstones even for a melee oriented battle bard.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 01-29-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    This is another wow capstone and I mean wow. Every single spellsinger or non melee oriented bard has to be pure bard. It is just pretty overpowered.

On a personal note I have been playing hangover, my spellsinger bard, for 2 years any chance there will be a respec so I can respec her to pure. I really enjoy playing her, but this just absolutely kills her and I can't stomach rerolling her..
    Agreed..this rocks for non melee bard. Probably hurts 1sorc splash the most too :-/ If there is a second melee capstone, I almost hoping it will not be as strong.
    Khyber::Ransack::Taomoat(wis monk), Tamat (fvs), Moat(pally)

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    For those that may have missed it, they've already said there would likely be multiple capstones for each class(Or at least some, can't recall the exact quote), but they might not make it into mod 9.
    Yeah...missed that.

Preciate it.

Im no longer all mad and angry...Ill rip up that letter I was writing to Turbines CEO...
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Community Member

Hmm, this is a nice capstone.... Far out does the Wizard capstone.. Why such an imbalance Eladrin?

I agree with a couple of previous observations...

This is great for non-melee bards, bordering on required.

For melee bards, this is minor.

So, either there will be some other melee oriented benefits bards get from 16 to 20, or you wont see any pure melee bards. Meanwhile, non-melee oriented bards will be very likely to go 20 levels.

But, future multiclassers beware...you never know what other capstones are coming in future mods, and Bards look ripe for a melee oriented capstone.

All in all, not horrible, not game changing...decent capstone.
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

For those that may have missed it, they've already said there would likely be multiple capstones for each class(Or at least some, can't recall the exact quote), but they might not make it into mod 9.
    The quote was:

"The next module brings a selection of new Prestige Enhancements to some classes and expands some existing lines for others, but every class will gain a Capstone Enhancement to celebrate reaching 20 levels in the class. A character may only possess a single Capstone Enhancement at a time. (At this moment it's academic as there will be one for each class, but other choices will likely be added in the future.)"

I expect there to be one aimed more at Warchanters coming in the future. Rangers will also likely see one in the future that caters to a different playstyle than the one coming in M9.

Default Selective Theme Music

We really wanted to make this:

Bard Theme Music
    Prereqs: Level 20 Bard
    Cost: 2 AP
    Benefit: Activate this ability to change the dungeon background music to a different, random song. (No cooldown.)
    I'd love to have my dungeon music be "Another one bites the Dust", kicking into the "...and another one down, another one down, another one bites the dust..." when I start swinging.

Also - yeah, name change - Prodigy is a YOUNG musical talent, before they become a Virtuoso.
    Last edited by GrayOldDruid; 01-29-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    It is not about the destination, it is about the journey.
    All my Characters Loathe the stupid term " Toon "

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Hmm, this is a nice capstone.... Far out does the Wizard capstone.. Why such an imbalance Eladrin?
    I have to agree there. I think the Spell Pen bonus would have been more appropriate on the wizard capstone than here, and that would help even things out. Although from what I've seen, the capstones have been across the board in terms of power so far.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Ya know, in D&D there is the Whelm series of spells, which are enchantments that do hitpoints damage... I bet they wouldn't be immune to them.
    Assuming they put them in DDO, sure.

What do you suppose the chances of that are?
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka Yomero (Human Hybrid) .:. Darani Yomero (Drow Sorcerer) .:. Yomero (WF Paladonk)

The quote was:

"The next module brings a selection of new Prestige Enhancements to some classes and expands some existing lines for others, but every class will gain a Capstone Enhancement to celebrate reaching 20 levels in the class. A character may only possess a single Capstone Enhancement at a time. (At this moment it's academic as there will be one for each class, but other choices will likely be added in the future.)"

I expect there to be one aimed more at Warchanters coming in the future. Rangers will also likely see one in the future that caters to a different playstyle than the one coming in M9.
    No second one planned for rogues?

Community Member

I have to agree there. I think the Spell Pen bonus would have been more appropriate on the wizard capstone than here, and that would help even things out. Although from what I've seen, the capstones have been across the board in terms of power so far.
    Poor Rogues...

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    Poor Rogues...
    That's the exact one I was thinking of as well
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Rangers will also likely see one in the future that caters to a different playstyle than the one coming in M9.
    Ok, that was just brutal. Way to stoke the fires before announcing whats coming...

Guess I'll stop by Costco tonight and grab a bulk box of popcorn...something tells me some fireworks are coming over this capstone.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled bard channel...
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

Eladrin.

PLEASE DONT MAKE THE CAPSTONES TOO MONTY HAUL!.

With the new lines and capstones multiclassing potential is being reduced. Any spellsinger will be pure. Interesting builds are on the way out.

Paladin was great - excellent trade off between dps or evasion umd (rog) or ac and evasin (monk) or intim and feats (ftr)

Please not too monty haul!!!

Cheers

N
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Ready to comment on the Paladin Holy Avenger Capstone I suspect is coming?
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

Might I suggest a +2 to the DC of Enchantment spells as well?
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

Community Member

nick, do you even know what monty haul means?

this does seriously have CC BARD stamped all over it. anybody going for the CC will have to be pure (if they aren't already).

Can't wait to see the fighting bard, etc. capstones.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast