Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Not to derail the thread, but again, here's a capstone that actually may come in handy to a good number of bards, wherein the appalling rogue capstone is so shockingly bad that I'm almost embarassed to take my pure rogue to level 20.
    The Leper Squad - Ghallanda

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Tanka View Post
    I believe the proper response is "Super Secret™".
    Synonymous.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Default Okay, hand over the fighter capstone, and nobody gets hurt!

Well, until that hapens...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    We really wanted to make this:

Bard Theme Music
    Prereqs: Level 20 Bard
    Cost: 2 AP
    Benefit: Activate this ability to change the dungeon background music to a different, random song. (No cooldown.)

If I had this, whenever we were scouting/snooping/meddling, I'd play the Scooby-Doo investigate theme.

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sizzle View Post
    Well, this saves the CC spec Bard from useless. Since Bards only get up to level 6 spells, with Max Cha and heighten before this enhancement they would've been exactly 3 behind DC wise a Wiz/Sorc. This makes them equal. Nice.

I'm also glad the capstone didn't increase the Damage bonus provided by songs, would've been a smack in the face to all those who made a Warchanter with a Barbarian level or two (which is obviously encouraged by the Warchanter enhancement line).

P.S. It's getting a bit sickening to see all these people posting about "oh this sucks because everything in the new content is immune to Bard spells." Perhaps you should all think before you speak, and think before responding to this comment.
    wiz capstone gives +2 int so theyre just as far ahead of bards as before.

and i dont recall anyone saying everything is immune, simply that most the enemies that we would actually want to use cc on are immune to it....ie giants in prey, devils and orthons in shroud, and all the red named.

Default cool

this is a good capstone & gives me incentive to start a new spellsinger build very soon

now, if we could only get the news on the second & third tier of the bard PRE's, that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Tanka View Post
    I believe the proper response is "Super Secret™".
    thought it was "vast and mysterious"

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzly Bear View Post
    wiz capstone gives +2 int so theyre just as far ahead of bards as before.

and i dont recall anyone saying everything is immune, simply that most the enemies that we would actually want to use cc on are immune to it....ie giants in prey, devils and orthons in shroud, and all the red named.
    Obviously you didn't think before responding.

Edit: Red = Wrong

no

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    This week's enhancement preview is the wizard capstone enhancement. Our scholarly friends get a nice solid bonus for reaching level 20, a passive bonus that emphasizes that they're the arcane class that are the true masters of metamagic.

Master of Magic
    Prereqs: Level 20 Wizard
    Benefit: Grants +2 Intelligence and all metamagics you possess cost 1 fewer spell point to use. (Heighten Spell costs 1 fewer spell point per level of heightening.)

obviously you didn't

...IF enemies werent IMMUNE to our spells, then this would be beneficial to most bards. as it is, its CR&P on a stick and you know it...
    Hmm

no

obviously you didn't
    and you still can't count!!!

I amazed, truly amazed. Really, just think about it before responding.

Edit: Red = Wrong
    im glad you enjoy being wrong, its fun for me to. mandate of shavarath, which all shroud devils and orthons have, make them immune to most mind control and enchantments. you can lay dancing ball, but they can just teleport out of it. youre only viable options are greater shout and irresistable dance.

as ive said, the enemies that we would want to use a given spell on are immune to it. while you can use grt shout, youre unlikely to bypass the dr, or for them to fail the save even if you do. irresistable dance youre unlikely to land due to teleporting, sr, and range.

Quote Originally Posted by query View Post
    Well, until that hapens...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    We really wanted to make this:

Bard Theme Music
    Prereqs: Level 20 Bard
    Benefit: Activate this ability to change the dungeon background music to a different, random song. (No cooldown.)

If I had this, whenever we were scouting/snooping/meddling, I'd play the Scooby-Doo investigate theme.
    and the inspector gadget theme for when there are warforged in the party

im glad you enjoy being wrong, its fun for me to. mandate of shavarath, which all shroud devils and orthons have, make them immune to most mind control and enchantments. you can lay dancing ball, but they can just teleport out of it. youre only viable options are greater shout and irresistable dance.

as ive said, the enemies that we would want to use a given spell on are immune to it. while you can use grt shout, youre unlikely to bypass the dr, or for them to fail the save even if you do. irresistable dance youre unlikely to land due to teleporting, sr, and range.
    And you're still wrong, Devils and Orthons in the Shroud are not immune to enchantments. Maybe your DCs are just too low, I don't know. Or is it that you just don't know what an enchantment is? Hold Monster, for example, is an enchantment.

P.S. I know this because when I'm clearing portals in pt 1, or cleaning up trash in part 2, on my Bard I use Hold Monster and use my Dreamspitter to kill the Orthons and Devils.
    Last edited by Darth Sizzle; 01-29-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Well, this saves the CC spec Bard from useless. Since Bards only get up to level 6 spells, with Max Cha and heighten before this enhancement they would've been exactly 3 behind DC wise a Wiz/Sorc. This makes them equal. Nice.

I'm also glad the capstone didn't increase the Damage bonus provided by songs, would've been a smack in the face to all those who made a Warchanter with a Barbarian level or two (which is obviously encouraged by the Warchanter enhancement line).

P.S. It's getting a bit sickening to see all these people posting about "oh this sucks because everything in the new content is immune to Bard spells." Perhaps you should all think before you speak, and think before responding to this comment.
    and you still can't count!!!

I amazed, truly amazed. Really, just think about it before responding.
    they are not equal to wiz. before the capstone, all things equal, a wiz/sorc could beat bard dc by 3. bard and wiz cap = +2 to casting stat = +1 dc. wiz still 3 over bard, sorc 2 over bard. now.....if the bard is casting an enchantment spell, they will be equal to sorc, and 1 less than wiz. otherwise its -3 and -2.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    haha.. you think of this in too much of a melee light.. For melee bards this doesnt help at all but for spellsinger cc/healing bards its the bomb..

Exactly, especially when Elad talks about a little of everything, yet nothing really for melee oriented bards, which make up the majority.

The fact that he mentioned there will likely be a warchanter capstone changes things.
    Guilds: Prophets of the New Republic & Revenents Khyber
    Active:
    Clean 18barb/2ftr Cleen 20arti Kleaner 20monk Darkstaar Dark Knight Psyborg 20sorc Warrwitch 20wiz Roque 19rog/1mnk Killeric 18fvs/2monk AA Duality Helves Angel
    Builds: Helves Angel Hurtlocker Dark Knight Riddle of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    so you are saying that the ranger capstone will be aimed at a ranged playstyle huh?
    How about.

Ranger Capstone
    There is no cooldown on manyshot. You would go pure then huh?

Default For the love of BARDS

Darth and Wizzly,

Although I, and I am sure a few more, are enjoying your spirited "debate" about our Bard class... Please take it to P.M. and stop clogging up this thread. This is a time to celebrate the upcoming MOD not to argue and bicker about something that really doesn't matter. IE : your egos.

Thanks Fellas.

WikiGnome

Red = Wrong
    About the DCs, Wizzly Bear is wrong because Musical Prodigy gives an extra bonus to enchantment DCs and Spell Pen. (EDIT: He seems to make the difference between schools, so he is right but that was a bit unclear from his part)

As for the Shroud, that's just nitpicking. While they are not immune, CC isn't really impressive in there because saves and SR are so high and Suggestion is useless since they have to be killed anyway. While there isn't always immunity, effectiveness is questionable and immunity is far too present.
    Last edited by Borror0; 01-29-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

And you're still wrong, Devils and Orthons in the Shroud are not immune to enchantments. Maybe your DCs are just too low, I don't know. Or is it that you just don't know what an enchantment is? Hold Monster, for example, is an enchantment.

P.S. I know this because when I'm clearing portals in pt 1, or cleaning up trash in part 2, on my Bard I use Hold Monster and use my Dreamspitter to kill the Orthons and Devils.
    hold monster works, but is a waste of time. as i said, theyre immune to anything we would want to use, ie anything that makes tactical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    About the DCs, Wizzly Bear is wrong because Musical Prodigy gives an extra bonus to enchantment DCs and Spell Pen.
    where?

they are not equal to wiz. before the capstone, all things equal, a wiz/sorc could beat bard dc by 3. bard and wiz cap = +2 to casting stat = +1 dc. wiz still 3 over bard, sorc 2 over bard. now.....if the bard is casting an enchantment spell, they will be equal to sorc, and 1 less than wiz. otherwise its -3 and -2.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast