Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a map showing zones

I've found a ton of maps for individual zones, but nothing that shows how they connect.

Is there a map that shows how the zones connect (not dungeons, but any quest hub or outdoor zones)? Something that shows the level range for a particular zone would be best.

I've played two characters to level 4 now and I'd like to see what options I have or what I might have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aganazer View Post
    I've found a ton of maps for individual zones, but nothing that shows how they connect.

Is there a map that shows how the zones connect (not dungeons, but any quest hub or outdoor zones)? Something that shows the level range for a particular zone would be best.

I've played two characters to level 4 now and I'd like to see what options I have or what I might have missed.

DDO's pretty Small. Everything for the most part, connects to the marketplace. DDO also doesnt really sort their zones by level until you hit about level 10. Once your out of the Harbor(Very few High level quests there) your quests are scattered though the houses and other areas.

Korthos Connects to the Harbor then connects to the Marketplace.

THe Marketplace COnects to the 4 Houses which all contain low to mid level quests of some sort (l4ish being considered "Low" and up to l10ish)

The marketplace also contains teleporter NPCs to Gianthold, The Desert, Restless Isles, and the Reavers Refuge. and gates to the Twelve/Vale of Twilight/meridia and a Low/Mid level Explorer area (Name escapes me)

House P contains the Teleporter to Tangleroot, the Necropolis and THerenal.

House D Contains the Teleporters to the 3 Barrel Cove and Greymoon/CO6 Area (Gah, cant think of the name off hand)

House K contains the NPS to Atraxias Haven (2 Upper midlevel quests and explorer zone)

House J contains Delaras Graveyard (many many low to upper level quests out there)

Once you find the City/Vendor area in three barrel Cover, there is a Ship in the harbor that can take you back there I think.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

There's map on ddo.com, in the compendium/map, but it kinda sucks.
    I was going to type more but Impaqt beat me to it

Pretty sure this is correct. I was looking for one of these myself as I have a tendancy to get lost easily, and just threw this together.

If anyone sees a problem with it, please let me know - I'll fix it and throw it up here.

Edit: Link to old map killed - current one is here: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2565/newzonemap.jpg
    Last edited by thoryndar; 04-07-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Community Member

you can also get to atraxia and 3bc from the harbor by using the port agent there.

Quote Originally Posted by tgun View Post
    you can also get to atraxia and 3bc from the harbor by using the port agent there.
    Thanks much - updated the file.

Quote Originally Posted by thoryndar View Post
    Pretty sure this is correct. I was looking for one of these myself as I have a tendancy to get lost easily, and just threw this together.

If anyone sees a problem with it, please let me know - I'll fix it and throw it up here.

Tempest Spine is accessed from House J.

VOD and Hound are accessed from the Subterrane, which is beneath the Marketplace.
    Last edited by Newtons_Apple; 04-05-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
    Officer of Aces over Kings, Argonesson - Elmo, Marin, Ganelon, Sevollas, Seda, Camerone, Amdr, Ganelonn, Fozzie, Misspiggy

Your map shows the Foothold connected to Sorrowdusk Isle. It should be connected to the Restless Isles.
    Attackbeast, Jahon, Serana, Johanus, Vacha, Arcee, Urkneecaps, Tanusha - Proud Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh - Khyber

You guys are awesome. All info posted has been added.

Maybe add the explorer areas for Reavers refuge? Mount Reysalon, Aussircaex's Valley, Soami Gardens and the Eerie Forest.

And the Ruins of Gianthold Explorer area and the Reaver Raid in Gianthold.

And fix the spelling of the Subterrane.

How awesome am I now?
    Officer of Aces over Kings, Argonesson - Elmo, Marin, Ganelon, Sevollas, Seda, Camerone, Amdr, Ganelonn, Fozzie, Misspiggy

Quote Originally Posted by Newtons_Apple View Post
    Maybe add the explorer areas for Reavers refuge? Mount Reysalon, Aussircaex's Valley, Soami Gardens and the Eerie Forest.

And the Ruins of Gianthold Explorer area and the Reaver Raid in Gianthold.

And fix the spelling of the Subterrane.

How awesome am I now?
    Well seeing that I'm at work, I'll adjust the spelling later, but yeah I can do that.

As for the explorer areas, as you can see, it's already beginning to get...cluttered, which is why I left the explorer areas off to begin with, and if I add one, the Completionist in me is going to need to add them all...

Nice work

Minor note, Cerulean Hills are off Harbor vs. Korthos Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by TasteTester View Post
    Nice work

Minor note, Cerulean Hills are off Harbor vs. Korthos Isle.
    Will make that change, but if that's the case, what is off of Korthos, when you finally get to move through the gate? That's where I got confused...

Will make that change, but if that's the case, what is off of Korthos, when you finally get to move through the gate? That's where I got confused...
    The Korthos Island explorer area.

Changes made and file updated. Thanks to everyone who helped out with this.

The name of the explorer area off of market is Searing Heights.

Also going by the convention you have set up in the file thus far,

Amrath --> Devil Battlefield explorer area --> ToD raid

Necropolis --> Abbot raid.

edit GH(tor) its not a raid, the Reaver is the raid, tor is a separate flag quest.

sands --> Demon Queen Raid
    ________________One of Two Kings_________________
    *Runix*Lazarath*Drednauht*Slaadi*Malrauthin*Umaru*

Following your "Wilderness Area / quest chain" convention, "Splinterskull" should be "Tangleroot / Splinterskull".

You can get to ataraxia from house D, but when leaving you have to go to the harbor or house k

The subterrane is actually 2 explorer areas with the hound raid off of one and Vod off the other.

Vordax

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

As a complete and total noob with a lvl 5 char I want to profusely thank you Thoryndar for putting together this chart. Totally awesome.

Is there somewhere that gives you the level ranges for each area or maybe you could supplement the chart with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast