Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

This has a Paladin Feel to this.. I like it..

Now If just change the Rogue one to have a Rogue feel to it.. I will be happy.. *Something for SA would be nice*

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gfunk View Post
    2d6 - capstone
    Lol wrong. The capstone gives you 4d6 against Evil Outsiders. Unless that's what you mean by Holy Burst on the next line??

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    I liked my aura idea better, but I'll take it.
    Eladrin did say that there were going to be more than one capstone for each class so don't give up on your idea just yet Mhykke.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Community Member Asherons_Chosen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Yeah, here are some numbers.

For a twin-khopesh fighter, getting Kensai3 gives you about +8 DPS on Arraetrikos or Suulomades, or +1.5 DPS on Sorjek .
    For a twin-khopesh paladin, taking Weapon of Good gives him +53 DPS on Arraetrikos, Suulomades, and Sorjek.

Aside from being huge numbers, it also breaks the pattern of enemy-dependent power. There are two kinds of enemies DDO quests can frequently contain: neutral or evil. Good-aligned mobs can only be a rarity. The existing focus of the paladin is to be better against evil mobs but weak against neutrals... the capstone breaks that pattern.
    Break down the +53 for me. How does that calculation come out.
    Grawwl (Father of the Bennette Family Warriors) - now with FP of the defender and Bloodstone! ) || Graaol || Graaul || Graaveen - the Healing Uncle

--- "You have no characters" <-- LIES!!!

when you add it all up it seems sorta spectacular.. just for a second assume you are a khopesh wielding pure knight of chalice who gets a +5 holyburst silver khopesh of greater evil outsider bane (assuming something like that might exist when the cap goes up to 20)

4d6 - knight of chalice III
    2d6 - capstone
    2d6 - holy
    4d6 - holy burst
    3d6 - greater evil outsider bane
    15d6 (+52.5 avg damage)

plus smites...seems like alot to me
    Yes, but how does that same build look against the Stormreaver for example?

This is very dependent on what the upcoming content looks like...

But for shroud...well, here comes the lfm...

"Shroud speed run, Elite...KoC pallys, 1 bard, 1 cleric needed"
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

Lol wrong. The capstone gives you 4d6 against Evil Outsiders. Unless that's what you mean by Holy Burst on the next line??
    nope, just missed the 2d6 light component.. forgot that hurt evil outsiders.
    <Sarlona>Leafy 12th life TR, Ingvild 25 Fighter, Backk 25 Rogue, Hipyletus 25 Sorcerer, Reinheits 25 Cleric, Cratonic 18 Fighter/2 Monk, Archean 20 barbarian, Steamfunk 24 Arti <Quantum Entropy>
    <Khyber>Cilicis 15 Bard/1 Fighter<Eximius>

Quote Originally Posted by dragnmoon View Post
    This has a Paladin Feel to this.. I like it..

Now If just change the Rogue one to have a Rogue feel to it.. I will be happy.. *Something for SA would be nice*
    I do have to agree a Rogue capstone that allowe Sneak Attack on undead would have been pretty cool...
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

This capstone is the best justification for a respec yet.. Well tempest 3 is pretty good justification for all those 3+ level splash chars. So where is the respec option - I mean really...
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 01-23-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asherons_Chosen View Post
    Break down the +53 for me. How does that calculation come out.
    GTWF = 2.7 aps
    haste+zeal = 3.8 aps
    3.8 aps * 4d6 dpa = 53 dps

nope, just missed the 2d6 light component.. forgot that hurt evil outsiders.
    Actually you forgot more than that.

With KotC 3 it also adds another greater evil outsider bane to your weapon that stacks with the weapons greater evil outsider bane so it is actually 6d6 - greater evil outsider bane making the total 20d6 (3d6 GEOB + 2d6 Light dmg + your 15d6)

Milolyen

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    This capstone is the best justification for a respec yet.. Well tempest 3 is pretty good justification for all those 3+ level splash chars. So where is the respec option - I mean really...
    There's is a respec feature already.

It's called REROLL.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga Nub View Post

It's called REROLL.
    Come on Yaga, let's not start this silliness here. This is a thread for worshipping at the paladin's feat.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga Nub View Post
    It's called REROLL.
    Anti-respec whining is thataway.

nevermind. I wanted to agree with someone, not get involved in a derailment. This is really awesome for pure paladins
    Last edited by Dirac; 01-23-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Almost nearly always: Ghallanda, THE OLD TIMERS' GUILD
    Most likely: Heisenberg, Landau, Boltzmann, Sommerfeld, Rutherford, Bohr, Tezla, and Dirac.
    But also: Vigner, Minkowski, Schrodinger, Fermi, Hartree, Sternn, Gerlach, and others.

when you add it all up it seems sorta spectacular.. just for a second assume you are a khopesh wielding pure knight of chalice who gets a +5 holyburst silver khopesh of greater evil outsider bane (assuming something like that might exist when the cap goes up to 20)

4d6 - knight of chalice III
    2d6 - capstone
    2d6 - holy
    4d6 - holy burst
    3d6 - greater evil outsider bane
    15d6 (+52.5 avg damage)

plus smites...seems like alot to me
    Don't forget about the Holy Avenger that we are supposed to be seeing sometime soon. Who knows what that will be.

Oh, and you are forgetting the +9 (Greater Evil Outsider Bane gives it an effective +4) making +61.5 average damage.
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

Community Member

Default Fighter Capstone guess

I'll guess here... but to compete with paladins as a whole, the fighter capstone needs to be along the lines of
    Battlemaster- You have +2 strength, +5% competence attack speed, and all your fighter action boosts last twice as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    Come on Yaga, let's not start this silliness here. This is a thread for worshipping at the paladin's feat.
    I'm not the one that started it! I just finished it.

Anti-respec whining is thataway.
    I don't whine. Whining is for the weak. I tell you how it's going to be whether you like it or not and then belt you for being a sniveling weakling.
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Really? Wow, I'm kinda speechless this is pretty amazing. Really makes staying pure pally worth it.

Honestly, I just made a dual wielding Paladin. I'm a little sorry I multi-classed into Rogue, now. I think this capstone is very cool. Admittedly I've only read a couple of these, but this one is by far the best I've seen and really enhances Pallys for endgame play. Assuming Mod 9 takes place in Shavarath!
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
    Honestly, I just made a dual wielding Paladin. I'm a little sorry I multi-classed into Rogue, now. I think this capstone is very cool. Admittedly I've only read a couple of these, but this one is by far the best I've seen and really enhances Pallys for endgame play. Assuming Mod 9 takes place in Shavarath!
    Yes, but all of the outsiders there are lawful good...and immune to smites...
    ~PESTILENCE~

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast