Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
The problem is that, despite the DEX bonuses which rgrs & elves get, there are still way more STR buffs than DEX, inc. Ram's Might, Rage spell, Madstone Boots, Primal Scream, etc. which more than make up the difference. Also, unless I missed it, there's nothing to add DEX to ranged dmg in the AA or DWS trees; elves can take Grace, but drow don't get anything similar. Going DEX-based would let you add Combat Archery, which I've read was finally fixed; but if you can find a way to squeeze in CA and Overwhelming Crit, well, that's better still.

DEX builds are a lot more viable than they were pre-U19, IMHO, but their DPS will still be behind what a good STR build can achieve; and the pros (i.e., higher AC & Reflex saves) still don't really outweigh the cons.

Which is not to suggest I'm not lining up my DEX builds around the block, because I'm predictably stupid...
In his case he doesn't have a choice regarding Drow. Good points regarding STR buffs & I hope they continue to increase the viability of non Strength based melee-DPS...

I am worse than you as my pet project right now is a Charisma based to-hit/damage and not only do they not get the above but they also miss out on Tensor's Tranformation (which at least Dex based toons can leverage)...

Thanks for all you do to help builds on the Forums and to give the pros/cons/options and personally I like flavor !