Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1505

Exploiter is still viable; if you don't care for AC, swap CE for maximize.

Other similar builds include 15 ranger/4 fighter/1 monk or rogue (depending if Helf or not), and 12 Ranger/7 Rogue/1 Monk (for good unarmed dps).
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    Thinkin about TR'ing my current exploiter and was wondering if there were any other build varients that are close to the same. I've looked over this thread and i have seen a few but none that seem to be close. I rather like the versatility of the traditional build, but wonder if anyone has swapped the rogue level for arty?
    Swapping the Rogue level for Arty would mean no Haste Boost, which is a no-go for me.

Other similar builds would be 12 Ranger/7 Rogue/1 Monk. It would still have all the AC potential (you'd use Shield Wands I suppose), and have more off-aggro DPS but slightly less hp. On-aggro DPS would be a bit less.

If you don't care about maximal UMD then 12 Ranger/7 Fighter/1 Monk is also similar, but higher DPS, hp all around.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    12 Ranger/7 Rogue/1 Monk (for good unarmed dps).
    Unarmed? With 1 level of Monk? I don't primarily use wraps with 1 Monk splashes. Only situationally. Is this a failing in my play?

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    Unarmed? With 1 level of Monk? I don't primarily use wraps with 1 Monk splashes. Only situationally. Is this a failing in my play?
    The 12/7/1 does slightly more damage unarmed due to attack speed + sneak attack damage. I would still recommend weapons since nothing that matters has the 0% fort that really makes that build shine.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Default Green steel help.

I have decided to craft an greesteel cloak for my HP item. For an Exploiter what is the best combination of stats etc. I don't know the terminology, (example is Min II what does that mean?.) I am using this site to figue out what I need to aquire.

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle...roud/index.php

Specifically other than choosing all the HP selections, what else should I choose?
    What other items would help me bridge the gap between being lvl 20 and epic gear?
    Here are some ideas I got from my guild:
    Gloves -Fabricator Guantlets. +10% alacrity is better than +1 more strength, and the balance appears to be important in the newer raids. +5 resistance is hard to slot otherwise, I honestly feel Fabricator's is best in slot until you get the Epic Claw... and it's BTA!
    Necklace - ToD set - choose from tempest, shintao, or kensai
    Belt - Ravager set is the best in slot or Morgana set is really nice as well for +4 to hit.
    Body - DT is probably your best bet. or (Icy, I haven't obtained this one yet)
    Trinket - Bloodstone or Shimmering Arrowhead for seeker, or bold trinket if you have seeker elsewhere.
    Goggles - Opportunist Lens That gives you Seeker and Sneak Attack. Tharne's is certainly good if you have seeker elsewhere.
    Helmet - Minos until you get Epic gear to get Toughness slotted. Then consider Cove hat.
    Bracers - The Fabricator or Thaarak Bracers here to get Toughness.
    Rings - Generally the ToD ring sets are the best, although the Epic Buccaneer is a decent stand-in.
    Boots - Striders, Anchoring, Firestorm, Madstone, swap-spot.
    Thanks for the help

I don't even know where to begin with your post. I mean it is really all over the place. For starters, google the DDO Game Guide, it is easier-to-understand than the montreal crafter page you linked.

Regarding the cloak, most Exploiters go for Epic Envenomed these days, and before that epic Cloak of Night is a possibility.

Also, search for the thread "Exploiter end game gear" and you'll find a nice thread on this exact topic.

if I were starting over I'd go with a mineral II helm and Envenomed cloak. It's better payoff in the long run.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Unarmed works better the higher fort that you go. The above build with handwraps will compare better against a khopesh build the higher fort you go while at 0% fort the khopesh build is probably slightly ahead (though the unarmed can keep most 0% fort stuff stunned with stunning fist so wins all around that way).

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Unarmed works better the higher fort that you go. The above build with handwraps will compare better against a khopesh build the higher fort you go while at 0% fort the khopesh build is probably slightly ahead (though the unarmed can keep most 0% fort stuff stunned with stunning fist so wins all around that way).
    I guess you could go stunning fist on an Exploiter . . . don't take Khopesh and go un-armed . . . but it just don't feel right to me. Though Mine has 30 wisdom so with and epic spare hand a 45 DC would be very possible. now you got me thinking again . . .

That said . . . against the Abbot when we had a full 20 War Chanter bard in the party . . . with HV damage boosting I was getting first-number damage in the mid 90s using Epic mabar wraps. With a bursting Holy ToD ring it gives some damned nice DPS, I think the FE damage might even put us above "real" monks but I'm not sure.

Thing is . . . with the new Epic War Hammers our from the challenges . . . I'm thinking those might be better. Yes, un-armed has 100% off-hand STR and about 12% better attack speed but with deadly weapons (doesn't work on handwraps) the hammers look like they come out ahead.

Damn, this really does have me thinking now. a 45 stunning first DC is pretty darned nice. Tier II Alchemical wraps aren't that hard to get (compared to some other stuff). Might be worth dropping Maximize to try this out . . .

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    I guess you could go stunning fist on an Exploiter . . . don't take Khopesh and go un-armed . . . but it just don't feel right to me. Though Mine has 30 wisdom so with and epic spare hand a 45 DC would be very possible. now you got me thinking again . . .

That said . . . against the Abbot when we had a full 20 War Chanter bard in the party . . . with HV damage boosting I was getting first-number damage in the mid 90s using Epic mabar wraps. With a bursting Holy ToD ring it gives some damned nice DPS, I think the FE damage might even put us above "real" monks but I'm not sure.

Thing is . . . with the new Epic War Hammers our from the challenges . . . I'm thinking those might be better. Yes, un-armed has 100% off-hand STR and about 12% better attack speed but with deadly weapons (doesn't work on handwraps) the hammers look like they come out ahead.
    No chance in hell that the warhammers would out DPS handwraps against the Abbot. Especially if you have a decent set of handwraps like mabar wraps or even just cannith crafted acid burst of greater undead bane with holy and fiery burst ToD rings.

I'm playing an unarmed rogue at the moment and my wisdom looks like this: 14 base +2 tome +6 item +2 exceptional (time sensing goggles) +2 enhancements (+1 monk, +1 human) +2 ship +2 yugo +2 alchemical +2 water stance = 34 wisdom. Stick that on a half-elf with fighter dilettante for a 49 stunning fist DC which is enough (when combined with improved sunder sometimes) for orange named Bearded Devil Troopers in echrono, Bladeforged Paladins in hard LoB (haven't tried epic yet) and Cacodemon's in eDQ1. DC will go up to 50 with LotD and +1 exceptional wisdom.

Elemental Weapons (Acid Burst) would stack with acid burst on the cannith crafted handwraps I think and honestly I don't often see an Artificer in Abbot anyway.

I think the new Exploiter build for me is 12 ranger (Tempest II) / 6 monk (Ninja-spy I) / 2 rogue. This gives some nice healing amp, wand and scroll mastery I, earth stance II, 100% offhand, 2d6+3 sneak attack, ~DC 50 stunning fist, flexible race (half-elf with barbarian or fighter dilettante is my preference), full UMD and trap skills, full barkskin and resists, static charge/porous soul and more

Community Member

I have been putting off TR-ing forever in favor of trying to get some gear, but not a ton of success especially now that I have 7 characters I play and I'm all over the place. No epic weapons yet and it's not for lack of trying, but some nice event gear. On my 13th ToD so I may wait for 20 then TR as I haven't had any luck pulling a tempest or ravager ring yet. I just got enough Yugo favor for pots. With the new expansion coming I'm thinking now would be a great time to TR so I can be up to level 20 again when Epic levels come out.

That all being said I have seen Grodon posting on here through the threads tenure and if anyone has maximized this build I'm guessing it's you. I've gotten tons of advice and help as I've made my character work for me even though I strayed from the original and have been dying to TR since it was my first char and the decisions I made were based on gut and not game experience. I don't want to make the same mistake again when I TR even though now I have the experience to hopefully not make too many mistakes.

Considering all this how would you edit the first page of this thread with stats for a 34 build PL Ranger, feats and enhancements?(As an example I've read it's widely accepted to take maximize for healing over CE now) Since I can stock up on Yugo pots for my future self which will end up being more helpful for me? I'm looking for the same split 18/1/1 Ranger/Rogue/Monk and was thinking Human though I do have access to half elf. I have Kopeshes so I'd like to stay that build over a rapier wielding elf.

In short what would page one of the thread look like now that everyone has had some time to play it? What HP can we get now? AC? Thanks in advance.

No chance in hell that the warhammers would out DPS handwraps against the Abbot. Especially if you have a decent set of handwraps like mabar wraps or even just cannith crafted acid burst of greater undead bane with holy and fiery burst ToD rings.

I'm playing an unarmed rogue at the moment and my wisdom looks like this: 14 base +2 tome +6 item +2 exceptional (time sensing goggles) +2 enhancements (+1 monk, +1 human) +2 ship +2 yugo +2 alchemical +2 water stance = 34 wisdom. Stick that on a half-elf with fighter dilettante for a 49 stunning fist DC which is enough (when combined with improved sunder sometimes) for orange named Bearded Devil Troopers in echrono, Bladeforged Paladins in hard LoB (haven't tried epic yet) and Cacodemon's in eDQ1. DC will go up to 50 with LotD and +1 exceptional wisdom.

Elemental Weapons (Acid Burst) would stack with acid burst on the cannith crafted handwraps I think and honestly I don't often see an Artificer in Abbot anyway.
    We have artis all the time. It's probably not worth building though as even if it has an edge I don't think it'd be by much.

I think the new Exploiter build for me is 12 ranger (Tempest II) / 6 monk (Ninja-spy I) / 2 rogue. This gives some nice healing amp, wand and scroll mastery I, earth stance II, 100% offhand, 2d6+3 sneak attack, ~DC 50 stunning fist, flexible race (half-elf with barbarian or fighter dilettante is my preference), full UMD and trap skills, full barkskin and resists, static charge/porous soul and more
    See now that looks fantastic . . . as long ans the Enhancement pass doesn't chop off it's love-nuggets.

All I know is I'm not TRing ANYTHING until the ENH pass is done unless it's just a PL for the purposes of having a PL.

We have artis all the time. It's probably not worth building though as even if it has an edge I don't think it'd be by much.
    I don't see a ton of acid-spec arti's around, but I imagine if you did and used the Glorious Obscenity you could be pretty serious on your own.

All I know is I'm not TRing ANYTHING until the ENH pass is done unless it's just a PL for the purposes of having a PL.
    Unless they change. I'm a bit scared for a few of them.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    I have been putting off TR-ing forever in favor of trying to get some gear, but not a ton of success especially now that I have 7 characters I play and I'm all over the place. No epic weapons yet and it's not for lack of trying, but some nice event gear. On my 13th ToD so I may wait for 20 then TR as I haven't had any luck pulling a tempest or ravager ring yet. I just got enough Yugo favor for pots. With the new expansion coming I'm thinking now would be a great time to TR so I can be up to level 20 again when Epic levels come out.
    Unless it's just for a transitory PL or you're just TRing into a 34/36 point life of what you are now I'd hold off until the ENH pass. Who knows what'll be ideal until that happens.

That all being said I have seen Grodon posting on here through the threads tenure and if anyone has maximized this build I'm guessing it's you. I've gotten tons of advice and help as I've made my character work for me even though I strayed from the original and have been dying to TR since it was my first char and the decisions I made were based on gut and not game experience. I don't want to make the same mistake again when I TR even though now I have the experience to hopefully not make too many mistakes.

Considering all this how would you edit the first page of this thread with stats for a 34 build PL Ranger, feats and enhancements?(As an example I've read it's widely accepted to take maximize for healing over CE now) Since I can stock up on Yugo pots for my future self which will end up being more helpful for me? I'm looking for the same split 18/1/1 Ranger/Rogue/Monk and was thinking Human though I do have access to half elf. I have Kopeshes so I'd like to stay that build over a rapier wielding elf.
    For 34-point life 16 starting STR and maximize instead of Combat expertise. We simply have more AC available to us now, the 5 points from ship-buffs make up for not having it. I had it levelin-up in my 32-point life, I'm glad I did. But at this point in time and considering 90% of the stuff I run at cap is epics a healing meta-magic is just better. 250 point CSW and displacement scrolls are my AC when I'm zerging through epics.

From what I've read in the ENH pass thread, 18/1/1 might be really good. We don't take any monk ENH so there's no loss. We MIGHT be able to take an ubber-racial PRE to go along with Tempest III and Tempest is getting some love (haste boost was leaked, who knows if we'll see it in live). i mean . . . they're about to do and FR expansion in the friggin Underdark . . . how can Tempest rangers NOT get some love?

Human is the better race for a khopesh user because of the extra feat. My rapier using elf Exploiter is now a pally and when she goes to her next ranger life will go human. The extra feat from not having Khopesh will either go to a PL feat, quicken, or stunning fist.

In short what would page one of the thread look like now that everyone has had some time to play it? What HP can we get now? AC? Thanks in advance.
    Stats: About the same. start with 16 STR on a 34 pointer.

Feats: Drop CE for something else.

AC: Self-buffed . . .

10 Base
    1 Dodge
    4 Icy Raiments Dodge
    1 Alchemical Dodge
    8 Wisdom
    10 Dexterity
    3 Chattering ring (or Grim's Bracelet)
    4 Insight (Shroud Crafted)
    5 Protection
    5 Barkskin
    8 Armor Bracers
    4 Tempest III
    2 Defensive fighting
    1 Haste
    2 Yugo
    5 Airship
    2 Mabar Cloak (or Head of Good Fortune)
    1 Time Goggles (+2 EXC Wisdom)
    3 FE

79 AC - YMMV depending on DEX and Wisdom. Still about 10+ higher than the 65 in the original thread, more if you go Abishai which I did not (Claw set and other stuff).

From what I've read in the ENH pass thread, 18/1/1 might be really good. We don't take any monk ENH so there's no loss. We MIGHT be able to take an ubber-racial PRE to go along with Tempest III and Tempest is getting some love (haste boost was leaked, who knows if we'll see it in live).
    Even so...I am worried that we might get clipped by the enh pass in some way.

Give us back our 10% Alacrity or go home. Give it to Tempest III.

Even so...I am worried that we might get clipped by the enh pass in some way.

Give us back our 10% Alacrity or go home. Give it to Tempest III.
    We're getting haste boost, it was leaked by a dev as an example in the ENH thread (I think to torture me . . .). Whether or not it stays that way who knows but if it's there is makes up for a hell of a lot of ground between fighters and rangers.

See:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=603
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=609
    Last edited by grodon9999; 01-25-2012 at 01:21 PM.

I think all the doom-saying is just that. worrying that we'll be losing x or y is pointless until we see the actual end result. Not to mention that we'll be GAINing completed PrEs... it's my guess that the enh pass will result in TONS more options, not fewer. Will the Exploiter have to be re-thought? Most certainly, but imma guess someone will work out an even stronger build when the dust settles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    I think all the doom-saying is just that. worrying that we'll be losing x or y is pointless until we see the actual end result. Not to mention that we'll be GAINing completed PrEs... it's my guess that the enh pass will result in TONS more options, not fewer. Will the Exploiter have to be re-thought? Most certainly, but imma guess someone will work out an even stronger build when the dust settles.
    I suspect that as well, I think because it's an 18/1/1 it'll have more than enough AP to make everything good.

not to side-track...

I would also like Class Toughness enhancements added to Ranger.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast