Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    There is nothing new under the sun....especially in D&D 3.5 builds, all of this stuff has been beat to death with one DDO wrinkle of enhancements thrown in.

I still like thinking of interesting combinations though like this one:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=168761

nice. lots of interesting places to take currently capped multis, maybe not where you would go if they were new toons, but i for one am not rerolling them for and extra attack or two on your 5th swing and +1ac/+1 to-hit.

i am curious to see what the ravager looks like and if it works well with twf. have a ranger12/barb2/ftr2 that i am gonna cap out in barb. hey even if the tier I pre's dont work the rages, etc will be pretty nasty. same with pally and kotc.

Last edited by LA_MIKE; 02-27-2009 at 03:31 AM.

Got mine at 11/1 right now. I'll probably go Monk next level when I can use all of my +6 stat items and make the most out of the Wisdom bonus.

He's a lot of fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LA_MIKE View Post
    Tortiose requires Monk 2, right?
    Yep it does I will remove that, missed that one.

De Jure Creation, outside of Corporate Jurisdiction

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    I am done this is pure gibberish.
    He has a point though.

I'd like some dungeons to be geared for the people running them, not a one-dungeon-fits-all design.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Tamburro View Post
    You or hilarious part, I have these builds and S&B builds, the evasion the only thing game I think getting to important, full umd try it p and keep all your AC gear on same time, not talking switching out items middle of fights or after the fight. IF going to do that just use dam heal spell it will be faster. I will tell you now getting the umd with base 8 cha is not that easy p, but if think so easy give all the gear you will be wearing in each slot)

Here the math for your umd
    23 ranks
    6 shroud item cha skills
    4 gh
    3 (if can get that +6cha cloak on)
    5 ( titan gloves diff. have switch this item out p)
    tome just gets to even
    41 total umd possible, so without titan gloves at 36 = 15% chance of failure, without +6 cloack on 33 = 30% chance of failure. Maybe your better putting items together to get this without switching gear then I am, please show me . Dam to me just be easier to get enough spell points cast your heal spells for 50-70 a crack.
    Seems incorrect to me...
    23 ranks
    6 shroud item
    4 GH
    3 Cha
    5 gloves
    2 HoGF

That's 43...You can get the cha in a variety of places (cloak, ring, weapon) and I don't see any particular reason to sub out the titan gloves - except as your GS clickies slot. Even if you have to ditch the CHA mid battle often, you are still at 40. And I'm totally ignoring the +2 skill boost for one AP (pretending someone really wants a bloodstone there). Either way, no fail and while I didn't read anything else you posted, I hope your other arguements are ...less weak.

Would the build work (UMD + otherwise) if you took the Rogue/Monk levels much later ?

I'd like to start a Ranger (so I can be popular), but I'm one of those wishy washy types who would like to see what the capstone is before I commit. So figure there'd be a decent chance we'd know the capstone before I hit level 15.
    (Actually probably a good chance mod 9 would be out before I hit 15)

I know you'd lose a bunch of skill points by not taking the Rogue at first level, but really all I'm interested in is UMD, and I think that could be brought up if I dumped all my points at level 15/16 in it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Would the build work (UMD + otherwise) if you took the Rogue/Monk levels much later ?

I'd like to start a Ranger (so I can be popular), but I'm one of those wishy washy types who would like to see what the capstone is before I commit. So figure there'd be a decent chance we'd know the capstone before I hit level 15.
    (Actually probably a good chance mod 9 would be out before I hit 15)

I know you'd lose a bunch of skill points by not taking the Rogue at first level, but really all I'm interested in is UMD, and I think that could be brought up if I dumped all my points at level 15/16 in it.
    The monk level obviously can be held out for as long as you want. Rogue if you don't take at first level you lose skill points. However, if the only rogue skill you care about is UMD then yeah you could delay it and catch it up. It's not ideal to do it that way but it won't kill you if you don't want max intimidate for example.

Str 16/Dex 14 better than 15/15 now we know prereqs for STWF?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Stele View Post
    Str 16/Dex 14 better than 15/15 now we know prereqs for STWF?
    Well, in PnP the best tome is odd so a +5 (eventually). Since you only get a +1 enhancement to strength I went with 15 because that gives you an even number. Of course there are ways off adding an additional 1 in there maybe.

It really doesn't matter either way I guess, if you think that you will get some other odd bonus types thrown in there at some point then 16 might end up better.

15 +5 Levels +1 Enh. +5 Tome +6 Item=32

I suppose the 16 would save you 2 AP, even if you never found the +1. I was trying to utilize the human enhancements for ability scores. I guess also in epic levels you could use a feat for +1 to strength, those always seemed to be pretty bad epic feats though compared to other options.

Community Member DragoonPenguin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Tamburro View Post
    Damage on the two weapons or real close, not much difference at all reality. The khopesh will do little better the more add + for strength and other things. Though to me got so many extra Action points and not as much free feats with this kind of build.
    Your AP cost is wrong though its only 6AP for the damage not 12, if want both damage and to hit then fine that is 12. Never said khopeshes were not good, just always thought on these builds feats were more important then AP always have AP left .
    every time i get bored and check up on this thread i thank our lord and savior jesus christ himself that you do not play on my server.

Community Member

Default Stats

Just started playing,

What should my starting stats be for this type of build as a human?

This build is very overrated. It sure is good, with some selfhealing, umd decent dps and high ac, but it aint uber.

Here you go:We call it the 12/6/2 higher ac, higher dps. Got no umd thou, but that's yet another overrated thing. UMD is really nice to have, but it doesn't make or break a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaxeyu View Post
    Here you go:We call it the 12/6/2 higher ac, higher dps. Got no umd thou, but that's yet another overrated thing. UMD is really nice to have, but it doesn't make or break a character.
    The 12/6/2 has a lower ac and no UMD. Yeah the big DPS is very nice, but it looks like just another build that without a full time healer is riding in a backpack.
    Archangels
    ~Shyvik~
    Old school Tharashk player since '06

Community Member

Why waste a feat on khopesh? I thought that monks get that free.

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by halvyt View Post
    I thought that monks get that free.
    Monks don't get that for free. You're probably thinking of kama which is far weaker than khopesh.

Khopesh is the best one-handed weapon in the game (because of good threat range and critical multiplier), kama is among the worse (because of horrible threat range and critical multiplier)... but it keeps monks centered, unlike khopesh. Since the Exploiter build does not need to be centered, khopesh is a great feat choice.

Hope this helps.
    Borror0
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Community Member

I thought that they get exotic weapon prof. Doesnt that go for all exotic?

Community Member

OK I see now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halvyt View Post
    I thought that they get exotic weapon prof. Doesnt that go for all exotic?
    That's only in nwn...
    Be careful what you say and how you say, especially when you add lib details. It come back and bite you...

This build is the best. Not for rebels, though.

This build is like Flock of Seaguls mid 80s. Popular #1 hit that everyone hated.

More people would run it if you could hide your build.

Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast