Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1505
    Community Member

Sorry for the newb response, but what is a min II item (I now the Min II weapon as it refers to mineral and is metalline so therefore gets past Harry). Also what is "stuff".

Would it make sense to make a pair of HP goggles with blindness ward? I'd hate to replace the minos helm for hp at this time, but if GS won't stack with it then it makes sense. I also have the mabar cloak so I guess keeping that in place is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    Sorry for the newb response, but what is a min II item (I now the Min II weapon as it refers to mineral and is metalline so therefore gets past Harry). Also what is "stuff".
    Mineral II = +45 HP, Heavy fortification, +5 Protection, CON Skills, and two stoneskin clickies. Best place would be helm or cloak.

Would it make sense to make a pair of HP goggles with blindness ward? I'd hate to replace the minos helm for hp at this time, but if GS won't stack with it then it makes sense. I also have the mabar cloak so I guess keeping that in place is the best option.
    Goggles is a bad spot for an HP item. You're gonna want to wear THarnes 90% of the time. I use my CHR skills item as goggles because I mostly use while soloing. My fighter has his HP item on goggles but the only time her wears them is when he has aggro anyway, rangers are squishier and should wear their HP item all the time.

Best place for more rangers used to be the cloak, now it debatable. That mabar cloak is SO good, I don't wear my HP item much of the time. If I can tank something at 495 HP I can tank it at 450.

Community Member

Would the HP from Minos stack with the HP from a GS item? If so wouldn't it be best to keep the helm on maybe use the GS in the necklace? I was thinking:

+20 HP - with the +3 Con skills
    +15 HP - with the +2 Con skills
    +10 HP - with the +1 Str skills

This opens up:
    +6 Wis (With +10 diplo and +10 haggle tho not as important to me)
    Concordant Opposition which doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me

I currently slot a Lorriks necklace in for t he +6 wisdom and the extra sp.

Was thinking if it stacks with Monis then I can end up with +65 Hp from my neck and head combined.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Yes, it stacks. Remember that many of the people posting on the forums are overflowing with good gear and their choices may not apply as well to all players' situations.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Would the HP from Minos stack with the HP from a GS item? If so wouldn't it be best to keep the helm on maybe use the GS in the necklace? I was thinking:

+20 HP - with the +3 Con skills
    +15 HP - with the +2 Con skills
    +10 HP - with the +1 Str skills

This opens up:
    +6 Wis (With +10 diplo and +10 haggle tho not as important to me)
    Concordant Opposition which doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me

I currently slot a Lorriks necklace in for t he +6 wisdom and the extra sp.

Was thinking if it stacks with Monis then I can end up with +65 Hp from my neck and head combined.
    Neck's not a good place though because you'll eventually want a ToD set for that slot. I used the Lorik's Necklace for both my rangers for a while though. Con-op HP item is a good choice as well as it'll give you your +6 wisdom.

Head or Cloak are the best options, either one locks you out of some other good gear choices so pick your poison.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    Neck's not a good place though because you'll eventually want a ToD set for that slot. I used the Lorik's Necklace for both my rangers for a while though. Con-op HP item is a good choice as well as it'll give you your +6 wisdom. Head or Cloak are the best options, either one locks you out of some other good gear choices so pick your poison.
    Yes, you'll probably be slotting a +6 WIS item on the neck for awhile. If you have Lorrik's, great. If not, you can substitute a Tier II GS +6 WIS item. Cheap and probably better than Lorrik's.

I can't see an Exploiter giving up the Cloak slot for Greensteel. Never, ever do that. The Epic Cloak of Night and the Epic Envenomed Cloak are much better options there. I vote helm for your Min II GS HP item. You'll gain HP despite giving up Minos Legens' Toughness. If you want, you can eventually get that Toughness back on something like the Epic Belt of Mroranon.

I'd seriously consider (ultimately) slotting your +6 WIS Tier III GS item on your boots. When you're running, you're not fighting. So pop the Striders on to run. Then pop the +3 AC boots on to fight.

There's one other slot option available. Gloves. You should be fine on your to-hit, especially if you're running the Kilau set. I currently slot Spectral Gloves there situationally, and Seven-Fingered Gloves almost always. If you aren't scroll-healing in combat, then you don't really need either. So that's a potential option.

TL;DR: HELM.

Community Member

Head or Cloak are the best options, either one locks you out of some other good gear choices so pick your poison.
    I think Grodon takes slotting the GS HP item as a helm to lock you out of the Epic Helm of Mroranon. I don't think that the Epic Helm of Mroranon is a good gear option unless you're aiming to use Intimidate. And I don't think an Exploiter should worry about Intimidate. An Exploiter variant that took Fighter instead of Rogue? Hell yes. But the standard Exploiter build (1 ROG / 18 RNG / 1 MNK) can't really hit a useful end-game Intimidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Faent View Post
    I think Grodon takes slotting the GS HP item as a helm to lock you out of the Epic Helm of Mroranon. I don't think that the Epic Helm of Mroranon is a good gear option unless you're aiming to use Intimidate. And I don't think an Exploiter should worry about Intimidate. An Exploiter variant that took Fighter instead of Rogue? Hell yes. But the standard Exploiter build (1 ROG / 18 RNG / 1 MNK) can't really hit a useful end-game Intimidate.
    Locks you out of the red dragon helm.

Would the HP from Minos stack with the HP from a GS item?
    as answered above: Yes it does. However, I would add that the Toughness ability from the Minos Legion can be moved to an epic item with a blue slot.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Community Member

Locks you out of the red dragon helm.
    Sure, but I don't see why I'd want to wear that. I could see a STR build getting an extra +1 to damage per swing from the epic version of that item. Meh.

Sure, but I don't see why I'd want to wear that. I could see a STR build getting an extra +1 to damage per swing from the epic version of that item. Meh.
    it's +7 STR and a slot, I PM'd you my gear layout. This guys was kind of a "make do" toon so I've got a lot of silly stuff and a lot of my gear is redundant, ny other toons are better thought out.

it's +7 STR and a slot, I PM'd you my gear layout. This guys was kind of a "make do" toon so I've got a lot of silly stuff and a lot of my gear is redundant, ny other toons are better thought out.
    A couple of pages back we had another gear discussion; back then I was debating Min II GS item slot...and have decided on helm.

Epic Belt of the Moron (aka Mroranon) will be another go-to item for my guy, which takes care of the str and loss of Minos.

Pulled a Bloodstone for him the other night. His crits are getting more frequent and nice.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Community Member

Oh **** did I missing something?

Someone above said "I could see a STR build getting an extra +1 to damage per swing from the epic version of that item. Meh"

Somewhere in the 52 pages did this change to a dex build from the original str build posted? If so can someone tell me around what pages (like 32-35???) this changed?

As for slotting I like the boots idea. I switch my boots often between ff and strider anyways. No reason not to change once more for combat I guess. Would my set up in a prior post for +6 WIS and the +45 hp work in a pair of boots or will I only end up with the +10 to haggle and diplo without the actual +6 wisdom? I ask because on my PM I built a pair of SP goggles and the Int gained is not actual Int, just a modifier to Int based skills. (Works fine for me because I'm a rogue splash anyways)

If I go the boots root then I guess I'll want to make a CHA GS Boot set too since right now I cant cleanse them and equipping two at the same time would be somewhat counter productive right?

Lastly I'll assume there is no room in the ring department, but what are other peoples thoughts on gloves?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    A couple of pages back we had another gear discussion; back then I was debating Min II GS item slot...and have decided on helm.

Epic Belt of the Moron (aka Mroranon) will be another go-to item for my guy, which takes care of the str and loss of Minos.

Pulled a Bloodstone for him the other night. His crits are getting more frequent and nice.
    You'll do more damage with a ravager set than the Mroranon belt. It's a tank item more than a DPS item.

You'll do more damage with a ravager set than the Mroranon belt. It's a tank item more than a DPS item.
    I know, but I had planned to use Ravager for all-out DPS situations and the Tempest set in places where I needed to-hit. I may need to re-examine all of this. Do I have a poor plan?

If I go for Ravager, I guess I'd have to "get over" not having Minos, unless there is another item that I can gain that hp with. Helm slot is what I have slated for my GS hp item -- and I'm just 1 Funk and 1 Pebble away from starting on it -- so I need to get this straightened out quickly. Your thoughts??

Community Member

I know, but I had planned to use Ravager for all-out DPS situations and the Tempest set in places where I needed to-hit. I may need to re-examine all of this. Do I have a poor plan?

If I go for Ravager, I guess I'd have to "get over" not having Minos, unless there is another item that I can gain that hp with. Helm slot is what I have slated for my GS hp item -- and I'm just 1 Funk and 1 Pebble away from starting on it -- so I need to get this straightened out quickly. Your thoughts??
    Slot both! That's what I do (except I have the Shintao set instead of Tempest - but it uses the same slots).

Ravager is a belt and a ring
    Tempest is a necklace and the other ring

You get your to hit and extra damage from tempest, as well as the ravager set. Then when you go to AC mode, you can pick which one to not use such that you can switch your chattering ring in.

My human actually has both, I wear the Moronan set when I need AC more than damage and wear the ravager when I need damage more than AC (most of the time). it's indulgent to have both on a toon, especially when I have the same plan for my fighter.

Offensive/Epic Gear set:

Head Epic Red Dragon (+6 wisdom)
    Neck Tempest necklace
    Belt Ravager
    Armor Icy Rainments/ DT Robe
    Ring 1 Tempest +2 DEX
    Ring 2 Ravager +2 STR
    Boots Madstone/Striding
    Bracers Epic Scorched Bracers (+6 CHR)
    Cloak Mineral II
    Gloves Epic Spectral (GFL)
    Goggles Tharnes

The Defensive/Soloing Gearset:

Head Epic Helm of the Mroranon (+1 DEX)
    Neck Tempest necklace
    Belt Epic Belt of the Mroranon (+1 STR)
    Armor Icy Rainments
    Ring 1 Tempest +2 DEX
    Ring 2 Chattering
    Boots Madstone/Striding
    Bracers Epic Scorched Bracers (+6 CHR)
    Cloak Epic Mabar/Mineral II
    Gloves Epic Spectral (GFL)
    Goggles CHR Skills/Airguard[/QUOTE]

My elf has Epic Scrorched Bracers with Toughness in the Blue slot so her head is free right now. The EChrono stuff is easy to get except the scrolls are expensive as hell. She's not are well-geared as my human though.

Regarding my human, his HP is fine without the Toughness. But I'll eventually find someway to fit it in. The +6 CHR lets me keep my UMD up at all times. Think a pair of Bracers of Deftness for CHR when in soling mode and putting toughness on the Scorched might work . . .
    Last edited by grodon9999; 01-14-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RS-Makk View Post
    Slot both!
    Good point. And, despite having the lv16 Mabar cloak, I've decided to switch the GS hp to cloak. I feel it is useful to leave the head slot open for a WIS item. Even if it's a simple randomly-generated one, at least until I get something like the Helm of Mroranon.

Maybe if I had epic'ed the Mabar cloak the decision would be a tougher one.

I am also fairly sure my CHA skills item will be Goggles, as I won't wear Tharnes when I want to UMD I suppose.

Community Member

Good point. And, despite having the lv16 Mabar cloak, I've decided to switch the GS hp to cloak. I feel it is useful to leave the head slot open for a WIS item. Even if it's a simple randomly-generated one, at least until I get something like the Helm of Mroranon. Maybe if I had epic'ed the Mabar cloak the decision would be a tougher one. I am also fairly sure my CHA skills item will be Goggles, as I won't wear Tharnes when I want to UMD I suppose.
    I don't think the +1 AC you could possibly get by slotting a +7 WIS item as a helm is worth it. The Epic (Mabar) Cloak of Night will give you +2. Slot HP (Min II) on the Helm. Wait until you can upgrade your Mabar cloak to the Epic version.

I don't think the +1 AC you could possibly get by slotting a +7 WIS item as a helm is worth it. The Epic (Mabar) Cloak of Night will give you +2. Slot HP (Min II) on the Helm. Wait until you can upgrade your Mabar cloak to the Epic version.
    If I already had the Epic ver I would probably be going Helm. But with the 16 cloak, I'm not.

If, or when, we can upgrade our Mabar cloaks, then I may build a Min II helm at that time.
    For now, it's cloak slot. It is done.

Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast