Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gol View Post
    He said Ranger 11, not character level 11.
    Ahh gotcha, missed that. Best progression, IMO, is:

Character Level

1 Rogue
    2-10 Ranger
    11 Monk
    12-16 Ranger
    Archangels
    ~Shyvik~
    Old school Tharashk player since '06

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shyver View Post
    Ahh gotcha, missed that. Best progression, IMO, is:

Character Level

1 Rogue
    2-10 Ranger
    11 Monk
    12-16 Ranger
    Why would you not get GTWF, I would take that over AC in gianthold any day. It's not like the quests there are all that difficult (more fun to kill IMO).

Either way it doesn't really matter....depending on leveling speed you are talking about a week or two tops those levels are still not too painful the xp in gianthold is good and you can still find groups.

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    I also noticed you did not have OTWF, it is required for Tempest III.
    Quote Originally Posted by krud View Post
    where's OTWF for tempestIII?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Ranger Tempest III
    Prerequisites: Ranger level 18, Tempest II, and any one of: Two Weapon Blocking, Two Weapon Defense, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, or Lightning Reflexes.
    Cost: 2 AP
    Benefit: Your skill with two weapons is unequaled - your training has turned you into a whirling tempest of steel, granting a 10% competence bonus to dual wield attack speed, a +4 shield bonus to armor class when two weapon fighting, your penalty to hit has been reduced by 2, and you gain additional attacks when two weapon fighting..
    See the highlighted.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enochroot View Post

And with UMD shield wand nerf - drop the rogue level for a fighter level (or monk, i didn't think about this before i said it) if you'd rather have another feat over UMD.
    I still say UMD > 1 extra feat easily, what about stoneskin wands, displacement scrolls, heal scrolls, raise dead scrolls, fire shield, etc....

There is a lot besides shield wands to still like about the Rogue level. You are also ignoring the 1d6 +3 sneak damage which while situational still is a nice perk. I can also disable traps and open locks which is not trivial.
    Last edited by EinarMal; 01-07-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beherit_Baphomar View Post
    See the highlighted.
    He had none of those....which is why I pointed it out in his build (OTWF is the most obvious although I suppose you could take two weapon defense).

He had none of those....which is why I pointed it out in his build (OTWF is the most obvious although I suppose you could take two weapon defense).
    You said OTWF was required. At least thats what I quoted.

Community Member

You said OTWF was required. At least thats what I quoted.
    Well it was referring back to the elf build somebody posted somewhere in here....they skipped all of them. OTWF is required....if you want to be like the Exploiter.

Well it was referring back to the elf build somebody posted somewhere in here....they skipped all of them. OTWF is required....if you want to be like the Exploiter.
    Ok. You may want to change what I quoted because you said its required for Tempest III.

Id recommend something along the lines of "OTWF would be nice for the Exploiter build"

Community Member

Ok. You may want to change what I quoted because you said its required for Tempest III.

Id recommend something along the lines of "OTWF would be nice for the Exploiter build"
    Fine....

Very nice build,

hope it holds when Mod 9 comes for ya
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery: 18 Fighter/2 Paladin ~ Havenstorm : 20 Paladin~ Cashfu: 20 Monk
    Cachemoney: 20 Sorcerer~ Repulsion: 20 Favored Soul ~
    Duergrim: 18 Artificer/2 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darksolar View Post
    ya could go 18 ranger 2 monk and if they ever give a feat for able to be centered when using longswords you could get wind stance 1 and be a whirling steel monk
    The only problem with that idea is that fact that at 2 levels of monk you have nothing to spend the Ki on. (Fists of light = level 3 Monk) And that the 2 feats you need to take it (Weapon Focus Slashing/Whirling Steel Strike) could be spent on other things like WP: Kopesh for more damage (Offsetting Sun/Storm stances) or TWDefense to get the AC increase (Ocean/Storm Stance).

(Not saying it's impossible, just saying it's going to require a very high level of metagaming to make it happen.)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

I still say UMD > 1 extra feat easily, what about stoneskin wands, displacement scrolls, heal scrolls, raise dead scrolls, fire shield, etc....

There is a lot besides shield wands to still like about the Rogue level. You are also ignoring the 1d6 +3 sneak damage which while situational still is a nice perk. I can also disable traps and open locks which is not trivial.
    That's true, the only real benefit that you'd get from going two monk would be the HP enhancement. This would be well outweighed, IMHO, by the ability to UMD almost anything you want.

Very very nice build. IMHO, however, if you want to truly maximize this build, you'd go Halfling instead.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

On paper this **** is off the hizzy, but now I remember why I ****ing hate rangers. I'm 3/1 and this ****ing ****** ass **** cannot do a ****ing thing. ****.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    On paper this **** is off the hizzy, but now I remember why I ****ing hate rangers. I'm 3/1 and this ****ing ****** ass **** cannot do a ****ing thing. ****.
    Hahaha....yeah I am also so sick of running those quests too.

Hahaha....yeah I am also so sick of running those quests too.
    ****. Nice build, though. ****ing ****.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post

Very very nice build. IMHO, however, if you want to truly maximize this build, you'd go Halfling instead.
    I am not sure on the halfling, you have less strength to start, are you referring to sneak attack enhancements? I gotta say those are pretty hard to fit in since you have to spend at least 12 AP for tier III of cunning/guile to really see much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Ha ha! Post of the Year!
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Quote Originally Posted by djinni69 View Post
    Poor monkey splashes. All it takes to ruin this build's day is the phrase "shield AC bonus equal to wisdom bonus". Ugh, I am truly dreading it lol
    Won't happen. If anything, it should read "must be Centered to gain Wisdom bonus to AC." Then it's all kamas if you want to have the extra 5-6 AC.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka Yomero (Human Hybrid) .:. Darani Yomero (Drow Sorcerer) .:. Yomero (WF Paladonk)

Talking Ranger consideration

I am not sure on the halfling, you have less strength to start, are you referring to sneak attack enhancements? I gotta say those are pretty hard to fit in since you have to spend at least 12 AP for tier III of cunning/guile to really see much difference.
    Plenty of AP in between 16 and 20 for the halfling stuff.
    Current Project: Cercivesoul Uzuaki 17 Fav. Soul / 2 Monk / 1 Fighter
    Cersivsoul Uzuaki 20 Fav. Soul
    "Spreading ignorance and chaos among the forum community."

Quote Originally Posted by Tanka View Post
    Won't happen. If anything, it should read "must be Centered to gain Wisdom bonus to AC." Then it's all kamas if you want to have the extra 5-6 AC.
    Either are as likely to happen.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast