Default DDOcast Special! Inside Know Your Role, Videos, Event Pics!

Hi everyone! Couple of cool things to pass along this weekend.

[SIZE=4]Inside "Know Your Role"
    [/SIZE]

Lessah and Clankenbeard have put together a nice special for everyone this weekend. Thanks for doing this! It's a look inside "Know Your Role" and other goodness. Here's a
    LINK to the special - just left-click to play, right-click and 'save as' to download as an mp3. Enjoy!

They've also put together a new video! Excellent news. Here it is:

Here's a
    LINK to the video on YouTube. You can find more of their work on WanderingMonster.com.

From Lessah:

Here are the links to the sites we talk about in the show. Do you want me to pin all this? I don't want to tromp around in your Blog unless I have permission!

http://www.fraps.com/
    http://www.virtualdub.org/
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Home/
    http://www.ulead.com/runme.htm
    http://www.adobe.com/
    http://www.goldwave.com/
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.soundsnap.com/
    http://www.freeplaymusic.com/index.php

You Tube Video Help!
    http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=132460&topic=16612&hl=en-US

Oh, and here's a bonus video - a blooper reel from The Clanken (you remember this one from Halloween, right? It's awesome.)

[SIZE=4]Aussie's Khyber Event!
    [/SIZE]

More coolness to pass along as well. Aussie from the Utopia guild on Khyber recently held an event and was kind enough to snap some screenshots and send along a bit of info. Nice work! Here's Aussie's writeup:

So the event was suposed to be a Utopia guild event, but due to having only 4 people show up I ended up putting up LFM to fill up a raid group.

1.Take off UWA and cloths just in the cold water and dive whoever was standing last there wins.

2.Jump to the Jester in the harbor without having a ff item race.

3.Swimming to the Light house.

4.Race from the Harbor to House K VON quest giver.

5.Hide and seek-in House K,P,D,J market and harbor.

6.Vorpal contest-whoever got lucky and vorpaled me with 3 hits won a prize.

7.Pvp party fight with sunflasks and lump of coals,Death match.

8.And the very fun last one was the talent show-it was kind of late already and we had only 6 people left,so I decided to split them to 2 groups and have then come up with something.

Even with the little time I gave them and them having no idea really what to do they came up with great plays.The desicion was very hard.But I guess the naked guys had an advantage

Nice work, Aussie! It's interesting to hear about these events. Love the vorpal idea! Good ideas worth copying, methinks, for other events...

Anyway, hope you had a good Christmas and we'll see you again next week!

Jerry
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Talking hahahahahahahaha

Ok this new video is hysterical... I love it...

Awesome job explaining things guys...

Almost makes me want to make a video...

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

LMAO! good video unfortunately their AI is already too good as evidenced by the Minotaur who mentioned Looting our dead bodies?!?! hmmmm.... maybe we need to get a party together and explain to them thats Not a good idea!
    “If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles" TsunTzu

Default yes

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
    that was so zergie doing the body double
    You nailed it Tommy! Now if only I could get a fix on the Sirhealsalot.. the warfoged barbarian who thinks he is a cleric....

Thumbs up

Thanks for this informative PodCast it has given me some great leads to investigate. I love to make videos and have a stack of ideas but working solo has hindered me GREATLY.

Also testing out software is difficult because my technological IQ is very low and have no assistant to help I downloaded Sony Vegas which got canned into the too hard basket as the free trial was running out, and I dont want to buy something and then not be able to use it. The benefit of the Sony Platinum was it had SoundForge as well and you could do neat things with Audio which I wanted to do but buying software individually.

I would love to get together on a project at some point with you guys. I write, act, sing (these days only when drunk ) and direct however my experience to date has been stage/theatre with musical background which is why most of my videos to date are music clips.

I dont know how to work that given Im in Australia and you guys are in US maybe we can work around that.

PM me if you are interested, again thanks

P.S yes I enjoy watching all your videos good job!!
    Follow me on TWITTER - IF YOU DARE

Default PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeratti View Post
    Thanks for this informative PodCast it has given me some great leads to investigate. I love to make videos and have a stack of ideas but working solo has hindered me GREATLY.

Also testing out software is difficult because my technological IQ is very low and have no assistant to help I downloaded Sony Vegas which got canned into the too hard basket as the free trial was running out, and I dont want to buy something and then not be able to use it. The benefit of the Sony Platinum was it had SoundForge as well and you could do neat things with Audio which I wanted to do but buying software individually.

I would love to get together on a project at some point with you guys. I write, act, sing (these days only when drunk ) and direct however my experience to date has been stage/theatre with musical background which is why most of my videos to date are music clips.

I dont know how to work that given Im in Australia and you guys are in US maybe we can work around that.

PM me if you are interested, again thanks

P.S yes I enjoy watching all your videos good job!!

tyvm!
    PM Sent.. . you sing???
    Last edited by Lessah; 01-02-2009 at 10:39 PM.

I've got just a couple other suggestions to add to this thread:

If you are looking for open source audio sound effects, then there's a really great site licenses under Creative Commons called www.freesound.org. It's good for wind, crowd, etc effects.

Also, there's www.wegame.com. It's a fraps competitor of sorts that also lets you host your videos with them. They have a We Game video capture program. However, I can't get it to work on my computer. The program specifically is compatible with DDO, but when I record all I get is a black screen. We Game's tech support claims that it's an issue with my K Lite Video Codec pack, but I've tried redownloading it and no go. But I know this works for many people out there, and it's free!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

And if you make a music video make sure to check the Copyright guides on posting sites like YouTube. I made a video back in 2007 done to Wonderful World covered by Joey Ramone which was recently removed by YouTube. The song was added to their Copy Right list after it was featured in a commericial for Ratchet and Clank.

It is an important thing to look out for if you plan on sharing the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalanth View Post
    And if you make a music video make sure to check the Copyright guides on posting sites like YouTube. I made a video back in 2007 done to Wonderful World covered by Joey Ramone which was recently removed by YouTube. The song was added to their Copy Right list after it was featured in a commericial for Ratchet and Clank.

It is an important thing to look out for if you plan on sharing the video.
    Man, that sucks. I loved that video!

I hate that stupid copyright law.

As far as Im concerned if your not charging ppl to watch the movie or profiting in anyway, it is free advertising for the band/musician.

If your not some bigshot movie producer who can afford to pay, and your just some hobbyist that really thinks their music suits the clip/film. I bought the song in the first place I should be able to use it how I want to. I mean Im not going to go to all the hassle to get permission to use it in some trivial little homemade thing.

All that should be required is to give credit to the songwriter/composer and record the name of the song so if ppl like it they can find it and who knows maybe buy it.

Like they dont earn enough money anyway pfft
    Follow me on TWITTER - IF YOU DARE

It's all about the big dollar anyways. The way I understand this particular copyright issue the Armstrong Estate and Ramone Estate did not raise issue with the song being used, but instead the company that produces Ratchet and Clank did because they sampled the same song in their latest commercial. Prior to that games release last year the video was not flagged for copyright issues.

Thats alright, I will be starting a new one soon but I need to clear up a DX10 issue that I am having right now and then I will start "filming."