Thread: 2nd Account

Default 2nd Account

If I have DDO account already and want to start a new account. What are the steps? Do I need to buy a new digital Download or can I just sign up for a new account?
    Thanks
    "People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It's in a glass jar on my desk.” Stephen King
    Doken - Human Evasion Paladin 11P/2R/3F

Someone else can probably confirm this, but you shouldn't have to create a new install of the game. You would just need to create a new account and just login with the 2nd account credentials with the same game shortcut/install.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    *Swiftus*Swervificus*Phokkus*Healshoppe*Pwnlee*Pra esidius*Brutisto*
    Officer:Band of Skull Guild @ Khyber "I'm your huckleberry" ~ Doc Holiday - Tombstone

I have three accounts and if I remember correctly you need the activation key (digital or hard copy) to creat a new account. You can mange them from a single account management login after creation.
    Last edited by OldRogue1; 12-26-2008 at 10:56 AM.

Customer Service Representative Victorie's Avatar

You will have to buy a second copy of the game, but don't need to install it twice. You need the product key from the second copy to create the second account. You can create it as a separate account, with a separate username, or you can create a second subscription on your current account with a different nickname. If you want a separate username, be sure to say 'No' when the Account Management site asks if you already have an account.

Also, feel free to refer yourself to a different email than the one on file, and gain a free month after your first paid month on the new subscription.
    DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited

Community Member

Before you go buy another copy, call Turbine CS. I *think* I remember someone saying they just added another account by doing this, I'm not certain though... worth a check if you have a few spare minutes.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Since you can Buy the game for $15 now theres really no benefit to not buying it... The Game comes with a free month anyway.....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Since you can Buy the game for $15 now theres really no benefit to not buying it... The Game comes with a free month anyway.....
    Actually can pick up new copies on EBAY, etc for well short of $15. Usually pay more for shipping.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

$5 at Game Smut the other day.

Default Hmm

I did not purchase a 2nd copy of the game, I just went to premium services and added another acct...it was easy. same password same everything save a different acct name designated by you. after you log in it will ask you which one of your accounts you would like to access.