Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 548
  1. #1
    Developer Eladrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Marlborough, MA
    Posts
    2,009

    Default Prestige Enhancement List (Holiday Bonus!)

    Prestige Enhancements planned over the next few modules are:

    Barbarian: Frenzied Berserker, Occult Slayer, Ravager
    Bard: Spellsinger, Virtuoso, Warchanter
    Cleric: Exorcist of the Silver Flame, Radiant Servant, Warpriest
    Favored Soul: Divine Avenger, Beacon of Hope, Angel of Vengeance
    Fighter: Kensai, Purple Dragon Knight, Stalwart Defender
    Monk: Henshin Mystic, Shintao Monk, Ninja Spy
    Paladin: Defender of Siberys, Hunter of the Dead, Knight of the Chalice
    Ranger: Arcane Archer, Deepwood Sniper, Tempest
    Rogue: Assassin, Mechanic, Thief-Acrobat
    Sorcerer: Acolyte of the Skin, Air Savant, Cold Savant, Earth Savant, Fire Savant
    Wizard: Archmage, Pale Master, Wild Mage

    Human: Cannith Dragonmark Heir, Deneith Dragonmark Heir, Orien Dragonmark Heir, Tharashk Dragonmark Heir
    Dwarf: Kundarak Dragonmark Heir, Dwarven Defender [Counts as Fighter]
    Elf: Arcane Archer [Counts as Ranger], Phiarlan Dragonmark Heir
    Halfling: Jorasco Dragonmark Heir
    Warforged: Warforged Juggernaut [Counts as Barbarian]
    Drow: Scorpion Wraith [Counts as Rogue]
    Last edited by Eladrin; 03-23-2010 at 11:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Foe of Gharet Tarrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,330

    Default

    Happy New Year! As a special bonus, Eladrin has provided an overview of future class enhancements. Enjoy!

  3. #3
    The Front Side Gratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cactus Area
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    Warforged: Juggernaut [Counts as Barbarian]
    Awesomeness. (Please include the bullrush aspect of the Juggernaut. I want to topple some fools. Thanks)
    PrC Link

    Any Eladrin guesses (off the record) on which PrE's coming in 10 & 11? Is Mod 10 the caster mod and Mod 11 "the rest"?
    Last edited by Gratch; 01-02-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Is Purple Dragon Knight the TWF line for Fighters and Radiant Servant the healing line for Clerics? Please please say yes.

  5. #5
    Community Member Xanstrollinoax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    223

    Default

    whats the info on Juggernaut....I'm not familiar with it

  6. #6
    Community Member Demoyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Victoria, TX
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Purple Dragon Knight a Forgotten Realms-only prestige? Is this a veiled attempt at admitting the mistake of choosing Eberron for a setting?

  7. #7
    Community Member nbhs275's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanstrollinoax View Post
    whats the info on Juggernaut....I'm not familiar with it
    let me find my ebberon book to give you the exact info but i know it gives you armor spikes, increases their slam dice(not something included in DDO) and makes you more resistant to divine healing.
    Aundair, New Khyber
    Alreck Gingerbarrel(15clr/1barb), Torrak Gingerbarrel(16 Brd), Oat(13 Rgr/3Ftr), Moxxy(16 Sor), Thorrac Gingerbarrel(6 Pal/1 Ftr) <<Current Toons>>

  8. #8
    Community Member Lymnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Drow don't get any PrE.
    I see how it is.

    =p

  9. #9
    Community Member Laith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demoyn View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Purple Dragon Knight a Forgotten Realms-only prestige? Is this a veiled attempt at admitting the mistake of choosing Eberron for a setting?
    PDK is printed in the Complete Warrior and Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting books.

    edit: and the Player's Guide to Faerun.
    Last edited by Laith; 01-02-2009 at 12:42 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quick Summaries for people who haven't heard of these prestige classes (the newish ones only)

    Barbarian Occult Slayer
    Like getting Favored Enemy Spellcaster. In addition to extra damage and saves against spellcasters, you also have a chance to interrupt their casting or even bounce spells back on them. Also some immunity against mental spells (a little like having your own FOM). In addition, the specialty might give related D&D effects like the Mageslayer feat tree (which lets your weapon dispel Blur, Displacement, Barkskin, Shield...)

    Barbarian Ravager
    An evil-themed spec that debuffs foes. Your appearance causes a fear debuff, and your attacks cause a pain debuff. With a melee special attack you can inflict constitution damage with any weapon. You can eventually even cause phantasmal killer by screaming at someone.

    Human/Dwarf/Halfling Dragonmark Heir
    Your dragonmarks improve, gaining more uses, bigger skill bonuses, and different releated spell-like abilities. For example, the Jorasco Dragonmark Heir will surely get Restoration or Mass Cure abilities.

    Warforged Juggernaut
    You become more like a true unliving construct. A lot of fortification and resistance/immunity to mental effects, negative energy, death effects, and ability damage. By the D&D rules it would bring with it reduced divine healing and less benefit from rage spells or bard songs. (Plus 100% inability to drink a potion...)

  11. #11
    Community Member ehcsztein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Portland Or.
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Halfling: Dragonmark Heir
    Hmmmm... now i am wondering if i'll be able to fit 4 PrEs into a single build

    Excellent speculation fodder.

    cheers
    SARLONA
    Ulyn-22 Halfling (7rog/7pal/6mnk/2epic) Alyn-19 Helf TR2 (13dru/6mnk/1rng) Glyn-20 Halfling Cleric
    Ylyn-20 Drow (18brd/2ftr/2rog) Klyn-12 WF Wizard

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furysetzer View Post
    Is Purple Dragon Knight the TWF line for Fighters and Radiant Servant the healing line for Clerics? Please please say yes.
    PDK is the party-buffer line.

    Essentially it gives the fighter some features copied from bards or paladins that improve the damage and defense of nearby allies. It will also probably have an active effect which gives nearby teammates a bonus on their next attack similar to Smite Evil.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lymnus View Post
    Drow don't get any PrE.
    I see how it is.
    Good point, it would be nice if Drow could qualify for specs like Assassin or Tempest without having to be a rogue/ranger.

  14. #14
    Community Member Demoyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Victoria, TX
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    PDK is printed in the Complete Warrior and Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting books.

    edit: and the Player's Guide to Faerun.

    It doesn't really matter that it's printed in the Complete Warrior, it's still a prestige class reserved for Cormyrian Knights.

  15. #15
    WikiGnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Québec City, Canada
    Posts
    24,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Good point, it would be nice if Drow could qualify for specs like Assassin or Tempest without having to be a rogue/ranger.
    The problem with that, given the current implementation, is that you are better off not making an elf ranger, dwarf fighter or barbarian WF because if you go for another class you get access to more PrE! A dwarf paladin will be better than a dwarf fighter, because the dwarf fighter will only have access to one PrE. A ranged elf fighter will be better than a ranged elf ranger because you can grab Kensai and Arcane Archer, etc.

    It should accomplish the opposite effect.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

  16. #16
    Community Member kingfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    awesomeness. thanks!

  17. #17
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehcsztein View Post
    Hmmmm... now i am wondering if i'll be able to fit 4 PrEs into a single build
    Heh, that would be some serious feat and Action Point costs

  18. #18
    Community Member The_Ick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    848

    Default Thanks for the info

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Quick Summaries for people who haven't heard of these prestige classes (the newish ones only)

    Barbarian Occult Slayer
    Like getting Favored Enemy Spellcaster. In addition to extra damage and saves against spellcasters, you also have a chance to interrupt their casting or even bounce spells back on them. Also some immunity against mental spells (a little like having your own FOM). In addition, the specialty might give related D&D effects like the Mageslayer feat tree (which lets your weapon dispel Blur, Displacement, Barkskin, Shield...)

    Barbarian Ravager
    An evil-themed spec that debuffs foes. Your appearance causes a fear debuff, and your attacks cause a pain debuff. With a melee special attack you can inflict constitution damage with any weapon. You can eventually even cause phantasmal killer by screaming at someone.

    Human/Dwarf/Halfling Dragonmark Heir
    Your dragonmarks improve, gaining more uses, bigger skill bonuses, and different releated spell-like abilities. For example, the Jorasco Dragonmark Heir will surely get Restoration or Mass Cure abilities.

    Warforged Juggernaut
    You become more like a true unliving construct. A lot of fortification and resistance/immunity to mental effects, negative energy, death effects, and ability damage. By the D&D rules it would bring with it reduced divine healing and less benefit from rage spells or bard songs. (Plus 100% inability to drink a potion...)
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering just that.

    Barbarian stuff looks awesome. Can't wait..
    ATARI SUCKS!!!!

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    The problem with that, given the current implementation, is that you are better off not making an elf ranger, dwarf fighter or barbarian WF because if you go for another class you get access to more PrE! A dwarf paladin will be better than a dwarf fighter, because the dwarf fighter will only have access to one PrE. A ranged elf fighter will be better than a ranged elf ranger because you can grab Kensai and Arcane Archer, etc.

    It should accomplish the opposite effect.
    Turbine is definately going to have to think about how racial PrE's work. Stalwart (Dwarven) Defender is definately going to be more useful for a Dwarf Barbarian/Paladin/Ranger/Monk than the class it was intended for (Fighter). I think we're going to see the racial PrE's become both Racial and Class specific where you can do things like a dwarf Stalwart Defender/Purple Dragon Knight or an Elf Deepwood Sniper/Arcane Archer.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

  20. #20
    WikiGnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Québec City, Canada
    Posts
    24,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Turbine is definately going to have to think about how racial PrE's work. Stalwart (Dwarven) Defender is definately going to be more useful for a Dwarf Barbarian/Paladin/Ranger/Monk than the class it was intended for (Fighter). I think we're going to see the racial PrE's become both Racial and Class specific where you can do things like a dwarf Stalwart Defender/Purple Dragon Knight or an Elf Deepwood Sniper/Arcane Archer.
    PrEs should not be class specific... IMO.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload