Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Cleric Capstone: Divine Intervention Preview

The beloved Clerics of Stormreach gain a new tool in the next module with their Capstone Enhancement for keeping their charges (or themselves) alive.

Divine Intervention
    Prereq: Level 20 Cleric, 74 Action points spent
    Cost: 2 AP
    Benefit: You are a strong conduit of positive energy, and can expend a turn attempt to ward your target for five minutes against mortal damage - hit point damage will not lower their hit point total below -9. If the target is knocked unconscious, this effect will heal the target after a few seconds and then fade.

Players that have gone through the Korthos Island experience may remember Cellimas' Protection from Death effect - this is an altered version of that tutorial spell. Essentially, while this effect is on your target, they cannot die from hit point damage. Instant death effects like Implosion or Finger of Death bypass this protection, however, so keep those Deathblock items on, and it fades a few seconds after being forced to activate. Still, that's one less dead person!

Today's activity is "guess what this enhancement was originally called".

As normal with previews, duration, cooldown, and effects are still subject to change.

Immortal On?

Wow thats a powerful capstone.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Nice. Protection from Death?
    Last edited by Mhykke; 12-02-2008 at 11:11 AM.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Community Member

Interesting...gave us an SC spell as a capstone, eh El?

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Compendium
    DELAY DEATH
    Necromancy
    Level: Cleric 4
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 immediate action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
    You gesture toward your ally and call upon
    the power of your beliefs. A soft, golden glow
    appears on your companion’s chest, around
    his heart.
    The subject of this powerful spell is unable to die from hit point damage. While under the protection of this spell, the normal limit of –9 hit points before a character dies is extended without limit. A condition or spell that destroys enough of the subject’s body so as to not allow raise dead to work, such as a disintegrate effect, still kills the creature, as does death brought about by ability score damage, level drain, or a death effect. The spell does not prevent the subject from entering the dying state by dropping to –1 hit points. It merely prevents death as a result of hit point loss. If the subject has fewer than –9 hit points when the spell’s duration expires, it dies instantly.
    Last edited by Aspenor; 12-02-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: found the source

very nice

Officer of the faithful uprising on argo

God mode
    (EightySix-16 Cleric)(Lockwood-10 Fighter/3 Paliden/3 Rogue)(Trapspringer-13 Ranger/2 Fighter/1 Rogue)(Darkwatch-12 Fighter/3 Paliden/1 Rogue)(KillDash Nine-15 Wizard/1 Bard)(Chaosxy-16 Sorcerer)(Rockcutter-16 Monk)(Accidental-15 Bard/1 Fighter)(Chainsaw-14 Barbarian/2 Fighter)(HealingWind-7 Cleric)(Handsomerob-2 Rogue/1 Barbarian/1 Fighter)

Maybe I won't splash my Lvl 16 Clerics with 1 Barb now...

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

I would've called this;

The Spell You Cast On Noobs So They Dont Die spell.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Sounds quite fun

Was it called "<stringtable error 0x28743349>"?

Now that's a capstone.
    Nice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Was it called "<stringtable error 0x28743349>"?
    I lol'ed.

well i guess i was wrong hoping they wouldnt make anything that made any multi class gimped... I can see this being a primary strategy effect for certain types of quests. SIGH oh well i guess it time to re roll my cleric

SSSSSaaaaawwwweeeetttt!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dwooley1981 View Post
    well i guess i was wrong hoping they wouldnt make anything that made any multi class gimped... I can see this being a primary strategy effect for certain types of quests. SIGH oh well i guess it time to re roll my cleric
    Whaaa?

How does this invalidate an 18cleric/2 monk, for example?
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

WikiGnome

Basically, if you were to die, it prevents you from dying once, lets you fall unconscious, heal you and then fade away?

Is there any risk to die during the period where you fell unconscious?
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Gotta speak fromthe other side of the fence here I guess....

I dont like it at all.....

If I want to keep myself alive, I'll cast death pact.... If I want to keep my party members alive, I'll keep em alive.. If I fail.. I'll Res em....

I think the usefullness of this ability is beng exagerated. Once incaped, the ward fades "after a few seconds"

I guess this would stop the "OMG, I'm at -143 Hit points" DBF failed save...... but other than that, I just dont see it.

ANd it tied to Turns... Blech..... If you have enough Turns in ya to ward a whole party.. FOr 5 minutes at a time.... you just gave up a bunch of your DV's...... And if your not speced for DV's you probobly wont have enough to even cover the whole party once.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by impaqt View Post
    gotta Speak Fromthe Other Side Of The Fence Here I Guess....

I Dont Like It At All.....

If I Want To Keep Myself Alive, I'll Cast Death Pact.... If I Want To Keep My Party Members Alive, I'll Keep Em Alive.. If I Fail.. I'll Res Em....

I Think The Usefullness Of This Ability Is Beng Exagerated. Once Incaped, The Ward Fades "after A Few Seconds"

I Guess This Would Stop The "omg, I'm At -143 Hit Points" Dbf Failed Save...... But Other Than That, I Just Dont See It.

And It Tied To Turns... Blech..... If You Have Enough Turns In Ya To Ward A Whole Party.. For 5 Minutes At A Time.... You Just Gave Up A Bunch Of Your Dv's...... And If Your Not Speced For Dv's You Probobly Wont Have Enough To Even Cover The Whole Party Once.

Qft

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

YES!!!

BWAHAHAAAHAHAA!!!!

I WILL GET THAT SPELL!!

I shall be worshiped by all who I heal!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...er...

uhm

hi?

ehem...like it.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Quote Originally Posted by dwooley1981 View Post
    Please provide an example.. I'll be happy to provide youwith an alternative Tactic....

Evasion, +3 to yoru Saves, and 2 Feats is WAY better than this capstone.... No doubt about it.

Seriously FOlks.. What am I missing here???? I see all kinds of people saying this is great.... Whats so great about it? Gimme some exaples where this would be useful... You know.. More useful than a cleric who, You know.. HEALS.....
    Last edited by Impaqt; 12-02-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

So far I'm cool with the capstones. They seem moderately useful but in no way force characters to take 20 levels. Taking the 20 full levels in a spellcasting class already provides reward.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast