Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BurningDownTheHouse View Post
    Lol, didn't you hear?
    It's a new PrE for sorcs, somthing to do with lightning specing and sinergizing it with haste...
    It'd be so cool to get the Swiftblade as an available PrE line (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327). Haste=Blur, Timestop, Blink and Freedom of Movement.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Bigest problem I see, is that it seems a lot like the Death Pact spell......which I currently call the "Twice the Death Penalty" spell.

You always get rezed and rekilled again immediataley.

Especially if it was a trap that killed you!

For a rogue.....who is the guy your sending through the super duper outrageous deadly traps.........this is another guarantee to die.....well.......depending on his "luck" A whole bunch of times!

Please please please, introduce some delay in the self rezing process abilities.
    /beg

We need a chance to move befire being rezed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon Moonshadow View Post
    Bigest problem I see, is that it seems a lot like the Death Pact spell......which I currently call the "Twice the Death Penalty" spell.

For a rogue.....who is the guy your sending through the super duper outrageous deadly traps.........this is another guarantee to die.....well.......depending on his "luck" A whole bunch of times!

Please please please, introduce some delay in the self rezing process abilities.
    /beg

I just think that, for the Rogue capstone, this should not be a "raise dead" type ability, but should instead trigger just before the rogue dies, restoring their HP for as much as whatever spell (Raise Dead, Resurrection or True Resurrection) would have.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

I like it!

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Would a better incentive for the Capstone be something along the lines of a FREE GRANTED BONUS FEAT, that does what these Capstone enchancementss are porposing to do?

That would be a great incentive to stay pure class in my opinion.

Hmm...this is ok. I'll probably take it, but I'm not super excited. Like others have echoed, if I can keep my buffs it'll a lot more attractive. I was really hoping for the capstone to center on damage-dealing or a major boost to rogue class skills, etc.

This is a meh, IHMO.
    The Leper Squad - Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Talon Moonshadow View Post

/beg

Death Pact DOES give you time.. It pops up a regular res window just like you got a res from someone else.... The DOuble Kiled in a trap thing is most definatly a Bug in the spell... I've reported it.. and I certainly expect it to be corrected "In a future update"

I'm would assume this would use the same mechanic.

I like it.... My latest rogue is at l6 Pure righ tnow and I think I'll keep her that way....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

I definitely don't regret splashing my rouges now (the wizards where a diffrent story).

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Death Pact DOES give you time.. It pops up a regular res window just like you got a res from someone else.... The DOuble Kiled in a trap thing is most definatly a Bug in the spell... I've reported it.. and I certainly expect it to be corrected "In a future update"

I'm would assume this would use the same mechanic.

I like it.... My latest rogue is at l6 Pure righ tnow and I think I'll keep her that way....

the issue seems to be with trap death being treated the same as /death, eg, by your own hand and having a different mechanic

the problem is if they copy the deathpact code, its going to be a big problem for rogues since going through traps is kind of their thing

Community Member slumbering_dragon's Avatar

this kinda goes wit hdeath pact as well but for the re-rezing abilities we are getting can we at least half health. then no more complaints.

very happy with my 15/1 rogue that will now become 18/1/1 at cap.
    -Thelanis-
    Eidur / Blegvad / Ellsi

Seems like a decent capstone, although the percentage of being raised is key (I think it should be 100% the first time, 50% the next, 25% the third, etc).
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Think of the fun, you die in shroud four, just to raise in part five. Awsome!!!!!
    Xoriat born, Xoriat sworn
    Dwat Motto - Preperation is the mother of good fortune.
    Dharley, Domidar, Sotek, Domia, Drambow, Krispykream, Eulon, Stinkbait, Oleo, Dhapper

Quote Originally Posted by courderoyguy View Post
    Seems like a decent capstone, although the percentage of being raised is key (I think it should be 100% the first time, 50% the next, 25% the third, etc).
    It would have to be near 100% the first time for this to be a worthwhile enhancement.

The more and more I think about it... I'm not liking this one.

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    The more and more I think about it... I'm not liking this one.
    Porque? It's very Defensive Roll-like.

By the way, if Eladrin plans on adding more capstones (which I am sure he did say he intended to), basing the off rogue specialities might be an idea.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Porque? It's very Defensive Roll-like.

By the way, if Eladrin plans on adding more capstones (which I am sure he did say he intended to), basing the off rogue specialities might be an idea.
    It is very defensive roll-like... and rogues already have defensive roll as an option... and the majority that I know don't take it.

I just don't think that saving clerics the trouble of spending a few SP to rezz you is all that great of an ability. Rogues weren't the best choice for soloing anyway... so you usually have group support.

It is very defensive roll-like... and rogues already have defensive roll as an option... and the majority that I know don't take it.

I just don't think that saving clerics the trouble of spending a few SP to rezz you is all that great of an ability. Rogues weren't the best choice for soloing anyway... so you usually have group support.
    you mean the 100-150 sp to res, rebuff, and the rogue being useless until death penalties are gone?

also, what? rogues are one of the most soloable classes for quests, by far, with stealth and umd

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    you mean the 100-150 sp to res, rebuff, and the rogue being useless until death penalties are gone?

also, what? rogues are one of the most soloable classes for quests, by far, with stealth and umd
    they're gonna have to rebuff anyway...

You're saving the... what? 25? 35? to rezz? Or maybe a rezz clicky?

WikiGnome

I think the idea behind was to reduce the whole "rogues are squishy" stereotype without giving them more HP.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Would be sort of cool if the res also granted perfect invisibility and perfect move silently for a short time ~15 seconds and allowed one to find refuge or take a couple actions before the enemies realize you've kicked death in the crotchal region.
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast