Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by plus10swordofpimp View Post
    woo hoo! finally, my pure-class playing has paid off.

note to those who have multi-classed: R-E-R-O-L-L
    ROFLMAO...

Nice one...

Well, it looks like one of my very few pure class builds is going to work out.

Finally a toon I don't have to R-E-R-O-L-L

MINISTRY

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    <begins casting Spell of Mastery>

Edit: That's a joke, by the way - a tribute to Graal.
    I still load that game up and play it every so often... Good stuff.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    Yes, it does....but I think it's a decent trade off. I mean, look at a popular wizard splash, the 2 rogue. Evasion, umd, and excellent rogue skills..or the capstone which gives you +1 DC to spells and a slight spell point cost reduction for metamagics......I don't know, seems like it doesn't force people to pure 20.
    I think they did a great job here. None of these capstones should be a slam dunk. In other words if there is no debate as to whether or not a capstone is worth it, then it is either too week or too strong. If it makes hard to decide whether to take those 2 rogue levels or go pure Wiz, then the devs got it right.
    Temuchin ~ Sindar ~ Majhik ~ Dragoslav ~Hanck ~ Cazador ~ Decipio ~ Drachenstein
    Proud Member of D.W.A.T.

OK, the cleric one officially sucks now.

Master of Magic
    Prereqs: Level 20 Wizard
    Cost: 2 AP
    Benefit: Grants +2 Intelligence and all metamagics you possess cost 1 fewer spell point to use. (Heighten Spell costs 1 fewer spell point per level of heightening.)
    This is nice but it is very much in a different class of enhancements from the other revealed capstones so far.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueDave View Post
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

This week's enhancement preview is the wizard capstone enhancement. Our scholarly friends get a nice solid bonus for reaching level 20, a passive bonus that emphasizes that they're the arcane class that are the true masters of metamagic.

Master of Magic
    Prereqs: Level 20 Wizard
    Cost: 2 AP
    Benefit: Grants +2 Intelligence and all metamagics you possess cost 1 fewer spell point to use. (Heighten Spell costs 1 fewer spell point per level of heightening.)

Will the +2 from this benefit stack with shroud exceptional +3 int bonus, for potential total of +5.

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Default Different

Quote Originally Posted by Turial View Post
    This is nice but it is very much in a different class of enhancements from the other revealed capstones so far.
    Yup, different, subtle and very nice.

Now I feel a bit better about having a pure Wizzy, opposed to a pure sorc... well, until they come out with the level 20 capstone for the Sorc.

MINISTRY

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Yup, different, subtle and very nice.

Now I feel a bit better about having a pure Wizzy, opposed to a pure sorc... well, until they come out with the level 20 capstone for the Sorc.

Well the SORC will get a +2 CON bonus (to be better able to withstand all the aggro they end up getting from all their spells....)
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Community Member

As others have said, this is the first actual useful capstone revealed which might convince any intelligent person not to multiclass. All others are just ...meh...

And since I don't yet have a wizard, it makes it all the better

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Well the SORC will get a +2 CON bonus (to be better able to withstand all the aggro they end up getting from all their spells....)
    Good idea...

Damn sorcs getting all the kills...

Well, now I might make it through 10% of the quests with mana, opposed to 5%.

Damn Sorcs.

MINISTRY

Eh...maybe it's cuz I haven't had my coffee yet, but I'm not sure what it is you guys like about this capstone so much. The +2 INT is nice, but the metamagic is negligable @ 20.

It's a cool capstone, but nothing that would make anyone regret taking evasion instead. The biggest trade off is still losing the final level spells -- but multiclass wizards knew that risk when they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Eh...maybe it's cuz I haven't had my coffee yet, but I'm not sure what it is you guys like about this capstone so much. The +2 INT is nice, but the metamagic is negligable @ 20.

It's a cool capstone, but nothing that would make anyone regret taking evasion instead. The biggest trade off is still losing the final level spells -- but multiclass wizards knew that risk when they did it.
    That's exactly why it's a good capstone. Nice, but not too overpowering.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Anyone know how many additional spells you get at lvl 20 is vs lvl 19?

The 1 pt per meta feat is interesting. So on a maximized, empowered, extended Firewall, Im guessing that means 3 pts. Considering you probably cast about 25 of those at level 20 (Im guessing, please correct me if that's way off), that gives you about 1 more cast. Not horrible, not overpowering.

The +2 int give 1 more DC and some more SP.

Also 1 more on reflex save if you took insightful reflexes.

My dip in bard really just gave me 40+ UMD without a lot of SP hit. Not sure what other items will come out for usefulness of UMD (ie mass heal scrolls maybe?)

Man, I really don't know whether to reroll or not now. Which probably means it was a good balanced capstone!
    Last edited by Deathseeker; 12-17-2008 at 01:00 PM.
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
    Agree, these capstones should not make me go "dern it, now have to reroll to pure because i reeeaaaallllly want that capstone". It doesnt, instead it does as it should, in my opinion anyway, "man, i was debating staying pure and thats just nice enough for me to do so".

I like the fact that these cappers arent overwhelming, there just nice toppers on our characters, as they should be.

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
    Oh I agree, it's a fine capstone with legitimate 20 payoff. I wasn't confused by that -- I was confused by the followup posts that were all like "omg, that's awesome! REROLL if not pure".

I suppose the likely scenario is that I missed sarcasm (or that some players are clueless). I also thought that, maybe, Eld's 2nd post was some hint at final level spells that only the D&Ders would get.

The Left Side

Nice and not overpowering. It adds +1 dc to spells and has the effect of stretching the mana pool. There will still be room for the 18W/2R builds, because their skills will still be useful. Very curious to see what they do for sorcs.

Tormenting Role Players, Perma-Death players, and Turbine Mods since February 2006!
    Clandestine * Magestic * HughJaas * Chaloopa * LaBamba * Fervent * DezNuda * Heinous * DeLaScorcha * Waxxoff

/signed

Thumbs down Thread Review

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    hehe, now to think about whether that 2 lvls of rogue splash is worth it... =P
    It doesn't take too long does it?

Quote Originally Posted by plus10swordofpimp View Post
    woo hoo! finally, my pure-class playing has paid off.

note to those who have multi-classed: R-E-R-O-L-L
    You MUST be kidding right. Evasion-Uber Rogueing (no that it's needed in DDO)-Wizards with Reaver Cloaks and Greensteel Goodies will out last a Capstoned in similar Gear....anyday.

I'm actually more inclined to say Nice Capstone....Now I can get my 2 Rogue Levels (missing out on a potload of Skill points but it's not too late!)

You needed this Capstone to put that crappy one in perspective? Don't get me wrong Pursits will get a bone and at least this one is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by kinar View Post
    As others have said, this is the first actual useful capstone revealed which might convince any intelligent person not to multiclass. All others are just ...meh...

And since I don't yet have a wizard, it makes it all the better
    Obviously I'm with Stupid.

Absolutely agree. Losing 1 Level of Spells is negligible compared to the Survivability, functionality and versatility that a well built Evasion-TrapMonkey-UMD'r Wiz has to offer. The DC difference with a Capstoned Wizard is 3 (not exactly a major issue. specially if the Evasion Wiz is a Drow), Spell Points difference is also a known price paid a long time ago so nothing to be shocked about really.

Oh I agree, it's a fine capstone with legitimate 20 payoff. I wasn't confused by that -- I was confused by the followup posts that were all like "omg, that's awesome! REROLL if not pure".

I suppose the likely scenario is that I missed sarcasm (or that some players are clueless). I also thought that, maybe, Eld's 2nd post was some hint at final level spells that only the D&Ders would get.
    /Agreed.
    Last edited by Dexxaan; 12-17-2008 at 01:22 PM.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Tumbs up... I like it.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast