Community Member

Default Cannith Aqueduct problem

I keep getting the message that the Cannith Aqueduct is "blocked at this time".....why can I not get into this area?

Move around a bit, try getting closer or going left or right. A few quest entrances have this problem, you just have to find a spot that will let you in.
    ~ Ascent ?

Move a lot closer. The door isn't exactly where it looks like it would be.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Question Aqueduct Spider Webs

I can not hit the webs. I get no target lock, I am double clicking on it, but I am not swinging @ anything, when I do tab, it tells me that the door is too far away. Any suggestions on how to get through the webs?

Quote Originally Posted by froggie899 View Post
    I can not hit the webs. I get no target lock, I am double clicking on it, but I am not swinging @ anything, when I do tab, it tells me that the door is too far away. Any suggestions on how to get through the webs?
    You don't need target lock to swing at the webs (nor any mob, for that matter), just position yourself against them and click to swing your weapon.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Default Tried that

I tried to click, nothing happened. I get no reaction whatsoever. I do not swing at something unless it is targeted, and there is a red circle on it. When I am just standingt around and I click the mouse, nothing happens. I did however target the door, and swing, even though it said the door was too far, I eventually got through, so maybe there is something wrong with my game.
    Thanks

For future reference, the right mouse button will produce a weapon swing regardless of whether or not you have something targeted.

In this instance, the door was actually fairly far away, beyond the webs that you were stuck behind.

I can definitely see where this was confusing though.
    You may know me as: Gannot, Gonnet, Gunnet, Ginnet, Gaxxat, Gennot, Gannut, Gxnnxt, Horseface, Izzayhay, Pailmaster, Artifactual, Gynnet and/or Barred. What? I like alts.

I tried to click, nothing happened. I get no reaction whatsoever. I do not swing at something unless it is targeted, and there is a red circle on it. When I am just standingt around and I click the mouse, nothing happens. I did however target the door, and swing, even though it said the door was too far, I eventually got through, so maybe there is something wrong with my game.
    Thanks
    Guessing from this...

It sounds like you may have unmapped your 'attack' from your mouse button. You should be able to stand anywhere and right-click to get a weapon swing. If it only reacts when you have something actively targetted, you're getting the 'action' response from your mouse click.

Angry Attacking

I think that if I decide to play again, I will look at my keymapping, and see what is set up. At this point I think I am done with the game. After playing for about 5 hours, I am still in Korthos, and do not know how to kill a stupid ice spider, it keeps killing me, I do not know how to heal myself other than the cure light wounds potions that I find, and they run out fast. Yeah, I know about the shrines, but there is some kind of time limit on them. Anyway thanks for the advice, I do not think that I am going to keep this account going.

I think that if I decide to play again, I will look at my keymapping, and see what is set up. At this point I think I am done with the game. After playing for about 5 hours, I am still in Korthos, and do not know how to kill a stupid ice spider, it keeps killing me, I do not know how to heal myself other than the cure light wounds potions that I find, and they run out fast. Yeah, I know about the shrines, but there is some kind of time limit on them. Anyway thanks for the advice, I do not think that I am going to keep this account going.

Well, I hope you stick with it. It takes a while to get the hang of the gameplay, but it's worth it.
    Spiders are some of the tougher fights you find at equal level.

What server are you on?

Also, try this thread for some suggestions on finding in game help, whichever server you're on:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2158786
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 04-21-2009 at 04:45 PM.