Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vod 2 Man.

Default Vod 2 Man.

Had a fantastic night last night. Most fun Ive had in a long time - my buddy Darkstrike and I decided to go for a lil tour through Vod. These are the results.

It got a little hairy in there at times but Darkstrike must have been on something cos he was running around reconstructing/Crowdcontroling/etc etc. like a madman!

The battle was epik and i wish i had fraps for when sulu spawned the second wave of orthons. This was the coolest visual part for me. I put auto attack on for a second and zoomed out - my eyes were getting sore from the continual red (madstone/choker/defiance - nasty visual combination in that situation rofl). Amidst the 4 orthons and Sulu i saw Groan displaced, wreathed in blue fire(vod bracers sick on tank in here) swinging for the fences with blasts of lightning and disintergrate rays coming down often (was getting hit so often the guards i was wearing were procing every few seconds). Freakin awesome. That orthon fight took its toll however as my docent was ripped from my body making the last crawl to the bats painful healing wise.

I know dark got a lot better pics of us and i hope hel chuck em up when he sees this.
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Community Member

49 minutes??! What pathetic DPS nick...

Great Job!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

GG NIck and Dark!!
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaBaphometGodithGearey Gygax]

nice job bro

Wow I'd be happy to get a completion with a filled raid to 2 man it is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Voalkrynn2 View Post
    Wow I'd be happy to get a completion with a filled raid to 2 man it is just insane.
    Normal's not too bad - just make sure to run it at offpeak times (when there's a higher % of the server that are experienced players) and find someone that knows the raid backwards to run it.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Well done!

Gotta love how these minimal raid completions are often done by Warforged.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Voalkrynn2 View Post
    i pug this constantly on ghallanda (3 characters on timer, all the time, and only rarely are they guild-groups), if you're on ghallanda and can follow directions, vod completions can be yours for only 1 major pot buyin (and we usually dispense with the buyins if we have 2 experienced clerics, or any 3 cleric group)

this goes to show all those raids asking for mana pots is a scam. great job guys!
    Guilds: Wrath of God & Keepers of the BorderlandPalladia Mors- Fighter 16 Vaevictis Asmadi-Bard 16 Darigaaz TheIgniter- Paladin10/Rogue4/Fighter1 Bladewing The Risen -Sorcerer 16 Necrosavant -Barb 12/Fighter2/Bard 2Mondo Grunday - Rogue 14/Ranger2 Spiritmonger-Barb14/Ranger2-Propaganda-Cleric3/Ranger2Serraangel -14 Wizard/RogueMortify - 14 Paladin/2Monk

Community Member

nice bro!

Gratz Nick.. Nice job Darkstrike.. Any plans to do it an elite 2 man.. Repairrobot, my sorc, would give it a go with you...
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Default Sorry running behind! :P

Here's the pics I chose. All I can say is wow man. Past the slight lag issues in a few spots that could have went much worse it went well. 43 majors total and about 75 scrolls. Trying to switch between personal buffs, heal groan, mob debuffs, heal groan, heal groan, heal me, swapping intimidate and diplo, heal groan, heal groan, mana pot, mana pot, heal groan, re-shadowwalk, heal groan, heal groan, re- buff groan, heal me, re-invis run like hell for 49 minute was a bit much but we gotter done. My debuffing plan didn't go as well as I wanted since alll I really did WAS HEAL GROAN!

Anyway, enjoy and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Balzuru View Post
    re-invis run like hell for 49 minute
    Just think how quick it would've went if you had a guy that could do some damage with you!
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

I see you guys took all the screenshots after kicking me out of party huh!!! Cheaters!!!

Great job guys :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyCloud View Post
    I see you guys took all the screenshots after kicking me out of party huh!!!
    No wonder it took them 49 minutes then

very nice job guys, I'm def impressed.
    Revenants
    Solo: Eadq1, Eadq2, EDA, EChains, EVOD. 2 man EShroud, 4 man ETOD, World First ELOB

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Gratz Nick.. Nice job Darkstrike.. Any plans to do it an elite 2 man.. Repairrobot, my sorc, would give it a go with you...
    As much as i hate to say it i dont think Groan would be the best bet for an elite run.

I started with 7 rages and had to use them judiciously to enable the damage to be there when it was needed and that was on normal. Hes more of a sprinter than a long haul type. As much as I hate to say it a ranger or fighter would prob be better for elite. Hell maybe even normal. Theyd have to be fat tho - as in hp heavy - really fat because u take a pummeling ac etc dont mean a thing on elite vs sulu. And for a sorc to keep up with a 350-400hp ranger/ftr would be too much imo on top of doing all the other things necessary to win. If you could get around a 600hp Ftr/ranger(hell maybe even a pali) with top end dps, twinked to the gills, it would be the best option maybe even a full 16 barb with max extended and extra rages. the evasion isnt a big concern as groan take very little damage with a 27 reflex and 30 resists. It could be done i imagine but ud really need the right tank for it. And the mana pots would be double what we used at the least im guessing give it a go it was epik!!!!

And thankyou all

N
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Quote Originally Posted by nick_robinsonchia View Post
    As much as i hate to say it i dont think Groan would be the best bet for an elite run.

I started with 7 rages and had to use them judiciously to enable the damage to be there when it was needed and that was on normal. Hes more of a sprinter than a long haul type. As much as I hate to say it a ranger or fighter would prob be better for elite. Hell maybe even normal. Theyd have to be fat tho - as in hp heavy - really fat because u take a pummeling ac etc dont mean a thing on elite vs sulu. And for a sorc to keep up with a 350-400hp ranger/ftr would be too much imo on top of doing all the other things necessary to win. If you could get around a 600hp Ftr/ranger(hell maybe even a pali) with top end dps, twinked to the gills, it would be the best option maybe even a full 16 barb with max extended and extra rages. the evasion isnt a big concern as groan take very little damage with a 27 reflex and 30 resists. It could be done i imagine but ud really need the right tank for it. And the mana pots would be double what we used at the least im guessing give it a go it was epik!!!!

And thankyou all

N
    Yeah it would for sure be epic and cost quite a number of mana pots - would have to use 40+ anyway. On elite though warforged is the way to go. I agree high ac characters get hammered on elite. On hard the ac guys can still pull it off if they have all the gear and are the right build (monk spash char with tempest). Really the issue would be you running out of rages. What would it take on elite something like 2-3 hours maybe suppose that makes it hard for a barbarian. I have repaired on elite a 400 hp wf fighter he didn't die although I would have to repair for like 2-3 hours instead of 40 minutes or so.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Thumbs up

grats nick and balz

so when is the solo run a la that ghallanda guy?
    (btw, who was it? cant remember and now i cant find the thread either)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast