Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Red face Solo'd Enter the Kobold

Happy I completed it, however I died before I could get the chest!
    Revenants
    Solo: Eadq1, Eadq2, EDA, EChains, EVOD. 2 man EShroud, 4 man ETOD, World First ELOB

nice

I bet that there was a wounding of puncturing rapier in that chest.... lmao oh well!
    Revenants
    Solo: Eadq1, Eadq2, EDA, EChains, EVOD. 2 man EShroud, 4 man ETOD, World First ELOB

65 minutes? reroll.

Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

I don’t know how to put this mildly so I’ll be blunt: I don’t believe you.

Here are the problems I have w/ your claim:

1) You have Evasion w/ 11 Levels of Ranger, but you don’t have Improved Evasion. So, in the end fight, with 3 or 4 Fire Elementals spamming Delayed Blast Fireball at you, if you rolled a 1 at any time, you took over 200 points of damage. You only have 266 hit points. So, IF you survived the DBF on a 1, how did you heal the damage? You are an 11 Rgr/3 Pal/ 2 Mnk. None of those classes have UMD as a class skill. This means that the most ranks you could possibly have in UMD are 9.5. Assuming you had a Head of Good Fortune, 7 Finger Gloves, Tier 3 Shroud Item, UMD Feat, 18 Cha, spent the 10 AP required for Ranger Skill Boost IV, and girded yourself, you could achieve a UMD of 38.5. In that case, you could UMD Heal scrolls. But you and I know that you don’t have all of that going. You can tell by the Heal scrolls that are conspicuously missing from your hotbar. So, how did you heal yourself? The best you could have is Cure Mod w/ only 11 levels of Ranger, and I see you have 50 some odd CSW pots left. It would take you ~8 Pots/CMW to recover from one blast, by which time you’re hit again. (I can hear it now, “Oh I just ran out of Heal scrolls, I used my very last one…. More on this later.)

2) At least 2 living spells cast scorching ray for ~125pts on Elite. Scorching ray doesn’t care about your AC or your Evasion. See Problem #1.

3) Whatever boots those are you’re wearing, they aren’t Kundarak Delving Boots, the only wearable Freedom of Movement item in the game. You need 14 levels of Ranger to be able to cast Freedom of Movement. You have 11. So we know you didn’t cast it and we know you don’t have an item for FOM. The only other way you could have had FOM is if you ate a cake… you know… the ones that came out 5 days ago. The named Kobold spams Hold Person/Hold Monster on Elite, which is why FOM is necessary. If held, all of a sudden your AC and regular Evasion don’t mean so much. I guess we’re supposed to believe that you finished the quest w/ 14 extra Risias, but just happened to use ALL of your FOM cakes? Just like the Heal scrolls I guess? Is that why there aren’t any of those on your hotbar either?

4) All of the Paragon Kobolds in the quest carry Vorpals. Now granted you have a nice AC and they have to hit you to Vorpal you, but a 20 is an auto hit, coincidentally the same number they need to Vorpal you. I don’t see any Visors of the Flesh Renser on your hotbar. Let me guess, you had Deathward cakes, and happened to run out of those too?

5) Even the mephitis do 28-35 pts of slash damage per attack on Elite. Fine vs one or two, but they come in packs of 5 or 6. So, we should believe that in each pack of 5 or 6, none of them ever hit you causing you to have to heal yourself? I say that could be the case, but probably wasn’t.

You know a lot of us have been playing this game a long time and some of us are pretty good soloists. Your toon has an AC that you should be proud of. But there is more to soloing than great AC. I know your toon flat out doesn’t have the items necessary to heal yourself and deal w/ the different types of issues in Kobold elite. So I’m sorry, but I cannot congratulate you for this. I’d bet 1 million plat right now that you didn’t do it solo this time, and couldn’t do it w/ an impartial spectator present.
    Officer - Bloodlords Argonessen
    Finis 16 Hum Rgr : Phynus 16 Hum Barb : Finas 16 Hum Bard : Finos 16 Hum Clr : Phinas 16 Hum Sorc : Finous 16 Hum Ftr : Phinos 15/1 Hum Rog/Ftr : Phynas 16 Hum Wiz : Fynus 16 Hum Pal :Fynas 16 Hum Mnk

And I forgot to say, a large part of the reason I don't believe you is because I DID solo Kobold today on Rog who DOES have Improved Evasion, who DOES have Kundaraks, who DOES have Deathward clickies, and who CAN throw himself Heal scrolls w/out fail.
    Officer - Bloodlords Argonessen
    Finis 16 Hum Rgr : Phynus 16 Hum Barb : Finas 16 Hum Bard : Finos 16 Hum Clr : Phinas 16 Hum Sorc : Finous 16 Hum Ftr : Phinos 15/1 Hum Rog/Ftr : Phynas 16 Hum Wiz : Fynus 16 Hum Pal :Fynas 16 Hum Mnk

oh god oh god.
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

Default Does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by cam0940 View Post

1) You have Evasion w/ 11 Levels of Ranger, but you don’t have Improved Evasion. So, in the end fight, with 3 or 4 Fire Elementals spamming Delayed Blast Fireball at you, if you rolled a 1 at any time, you took over 200 points of damage. You only have 266 hit points. So, IF you survived the DBF on a 1, how did you heal the damage? You are an 11 Rgr/3 Pal/ 2 Mnk. None of those classes have UMD as a class skill. This means that the most ranks you could possibly have in UMD are 9.5. Assuming you had a Head of Good Fortune, 7 Finger Gloves, Tier 3 Shroud Item, UMD Feat, 18 Cha, spent the 10 AP required for Ranger Skill Boost IV, and girded yourself, you could achieve a UMD of 38.5. In that case, you could UMD Heal scrolls. But you and I know that you don’t have all of that going. You can tell by the Heal scrolls that are conspicuously missing from your hotbar. So, how did you heal yourself? The best you could have is Cure Mod w/ only 11 levels of Ranger, and I see you have 50 some odd CSW pots left. It would take you ~8 Pots/CMW to recover from one blast, by which time you’re hit again. (I can hear it now, “Oh I just ran out of Heal scrolls, I used my very last one…. More on this later.)

2) At least 2 living spells cast scorching ray for ~125pts on Elite. Scorching ray doesn’t care about your AC or your Evasion. See Problem #1.

3) Whatever boots those are you’re wearing, they aren’t Kundarak Delving Boots, the only wearable Freedom of Movement item in the game. You need 14 levels of Ranger to be able to cast Freedom of Movement. You have 11. So we know you didn’t cast it and we know you don’t have an item for FOM. The only other way you could have had FOM is if you ate a cake… you know… the ones that came out 5 days ago. The named Kobold spams Hold Person/Hold Monster on Elite, which is why FOM is necessary. If held, all of a sudden your AC and regular Evasion don’t mean so much. I guess we’re supposed to believe that you finished the quest w/ 14 extra Risias, but just happened to use ALL of your FOM cakes? Just like the Heal scrolls I guess? Is that why there aren’t any of those on your hotbar either?

4) All of the Paragon Kobolds in the quest carry Vorpals. Now granted you have a nice AC and they have to hit you to Vorpal you, but a 20 is an auto hit, coincidentally the same number they need to Vorpal you. I don’t see any Visors of the Flesh Renser on your hotbar. Let me guess, you had Deathward cakes, and happened to run out of those too?

5) Even the mephitis do 28-35 pts of slash damage per attack on Elite. Fine vs one or two, but they come in packs of 5 or 6. So, we should believe that in each pack of 5 or 6, none of them ever hit you causing you to have to heal yourself? I say that could be the case, but probably wasn’t.

You know a lot of us have been playing this game a long time and some of us are pretty good soloists. Your toon has an AC that you should be proud of. But there is more to soloing than great AC. I know your toon flat out doesn’t have the items necessary to heal yourself and deal w/ the different types of issues in Kobold elite. So I’m sorry, but I cannot congratulate you for this. I’d bet 1 million plat right now that you didn’t do it solo this time, and couldn’t do it w/ an impartial spectator present.
    Who cares?! Your point maybe valid...but really who cares. If he completed it, he did if he didn't well good try. It's a game. Years from now, when you look back on this... don't you think it's a little silly to prove a point when it's silly in the first place because no one really cares? Everyone that has told me they can solo this or that will need to show me that they are that self-sufficient before I can believe them anyhow. Props if you truly finished it...Yet again it shows that this game that is supposed to be GROUP game can be solo'd. So great job but when we come back to the point of the game...isn't it to enjoy it? So him soloing Kobold is enjoyable for him...wonderful. But disbelieving someone's screenshot? It's pointless. It just leads to spammers to start arguments on threads.
    Seris
    Former Aundair now Khyber
    Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. - RALPH WALDO EMERSON, Essays

I'm not gonna say he did or didn't do it, but its entirely feasible for a ranger to solo this, improved evasion is nice but self cast fire pros are gonna help you a heck of a lot more against scorching rays and failed saves especially if those boots hes wearing are firestorm greaves or if he has fireshield cold clickies (which he has at least 3 of). FoM can come from a cake, but you could just get lucky and not roll a 1 with 3 pal and 2 monk I'm sure his saves are great, I've done this part 2 man plently of times where neither person had FoM with no issue. And is that part about the kobold and their vorpals a joke, if they struggle to hit you once then 2 20s in a row are quite rare before they are dead, vorpals need to be confirmed. The mephits are also inconsequential as you can have the entire room cleared of mephits with a WoP bow without one even making it close enough to you to hit you.

I'm not saying one way or another that it happened, but you make it sound like its impossible for a ranger to do and quite simply I don't believe that to be the case. If your rogue did it then I see no reason why a ranger couldn't.
    Last edited by Thriand; 12-15-2008 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Huh? He did post screenshots.....
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

fraps or it didnt happen !

First off I'm not as good with words as you are but I'm going to try my best to put this out and clear up the confusion even though it might just take you joining me for a little joy ride in there.

First of all the Mephits are a joke, I could probably kill 10+ at the same time while surrounded. 1 w/p rapier with a radiance II rapier a few whirlwinds blind them all and then i pick them off pretty fast.

The Paragon kobolds didn't pose a threat as I do have a DW clicky. You dont see it because its on the hotkey bar under my first one (I click the little black arrow under that "1" and I'm sure you know how that works...click the arrow and a new hotkey bar shows up).

I do not have enough UMD to use heal scrolls so thats why you dont see them on my hotkeys. The missing spots in my hotkey bars were Shield wands and fire shield (cold version) cakes, and yes I used all of those, and last but not least a Planar gird that I accidently dragged out of the box (my bad man...stuff happens)

To be honest I don't even know why you would waste your time writing about me having trouble with anything but the end of the quest... The first part is a joke its so easy. Nothing in there touches me unless it crits, and big deal I get hit every now and then and I take a pot. So lets just skip all this BS and talk about how I did the end part.

First I buffed (obviously) to include FOM and yes I used Suulomades cookie which I only had maybe 4 total. I still have 2. They believe it or not are on that drop down hotkey bar as well.

Next after buffing I opened the valve and ran to the top by where the kobold spawns to initiate the "boss" fight. after he spawned I ran back to the tunnels before anything else could spawn and aggro. Then using a bow I took the aggro of the Mephits and killed them all off (easy still... mephits are mephits...). After the mephits I used a bow again and took the aggro of the spells which i pulled in pairs. I weakened and enfeebled them.

Ok now the part that you obviously don't know about and maybe you should go spend some more time in there buddy and learn a few things is that there is a spot at the top that you can trap the kobold in. you just have to be patient and wait for him to come to you (Elementals aren't spawned yet obviously so all your dealing with at this point is the kobold). After trapping him in the "spot" I used my Mineral II rapiers and beat him down until the Elementals spawned.

This is the part that you might want to pay attention to... in that "spot" Only one elemental will come at you if any at all, so killing the kobold is just a matter of time. With my AC he couldn't hit me except on crits which once again I would just take a pot or two.

Now lets take a second to view my gear and what I used to keep myself healed before I go on to the next part shall we. as stated earlier I do not have the UMD to cast heal scrolls however did you ever consider tasty hams sir? Well I had a few which would have healed me as I fought if i used them... which i didn't but don't be so quick to jump to conclusions as I can't heal myself. The boots I am wearing are much better in this quest then your dragon boots... ever try to wear a pair of firestorm greaves in there? they work wonders man I'm telling you. No seriously try them out. Also you have a monk so im sure you are aware of the enhancement called "way of the clever Monkey" which gives you a +2 to all energy resistances. now with the Ranger desert lore III I get another 6 fire resist bringing my total fire resistance up to a 38 with a fire resist spell. Ok now add the Cloak of ice and the Risia cakes of ice shield and thats another -50% from fire damage.

So a 38 fire resist and 33% fire absorb (boots) and a -50% (Ice shield) seems to be a very good defense against any fire damage, and to top it off lets add some fire protections every now and then. Those are quick and easy. Not to mention my Reflex save of 41 (save except on a "1").

Now back to what happened: So after knocking the kobolds hp to the point where the Elementals spawn. only 1 fire elemental came to join in the fun. so I continued to beat the kobold down until he was dead while using a few pots every now and then to heal what little damage I was taking. The Fire Elemental didn't harm me very much.

At this point the Djinn spawns down below far enough from that "spot" and does not take aggro and like I said before the other 3 elementals are still standing where they spawned not doing a thing. So first thing I did was take down the Elemental near me that was attacking me until it was dead (which I admit they have too much hp and it took a little while). After that I re-buffed myself (ran out of shield wands hence the empty space.

Ok now the last part and hardest as well. What to do with 3 Elementals and 1 djinn? I shot the djinn to bring its aggro up and yes all 3 of the Elementals followed this time. The djinn luckily though is much much easier to kill then the Kobold so I literally stood my ground took a beating here and there while I attacked him. I ended up using my 2 lay on hands and many fire protects until my sp was out. I used my cloak of Ice as at this point the cakes were gone, and drank some CSW pots... I will be honest that part of the fight is no joke and there were a lot of close calls here and there, but who knows maybe its all luck and no skill eh' since I seem to be lacking in that department according to you. Anyways I killed the Djinn and then took the Elementals away from the chest so a couple of my friends that were only there to loot could get the favor and essences, after they recalled out I got stuck on the rock trapped by all the Elementals and they ended up killing me before I could loot the chest. So I took the Screenshots and that was the end of it.

Ok now Last thing: I just want to say that I'm kinda hurt by this man... You of all people know me best in this game... you were one of the main players that brought me up through the ranks... before you I wasn't in with the channels... before you I was a guildless player that nobody knew... hell I still don't feel like anyone respects me in there but oh well I try hard and some people see it while others don't. For everything that we have been through, for every stupid quest we helped each other complete even though the other didn't need or want to do it, you do this to me? It's one thing to not believe me but i believe it takes it to a whole other level to spend all that time trying to prove me wrong on the "ONLY" accomplishment that I have ever posted... you could have just sent me a tell... Maybe you just wanted to embarrass me or something? I'm honestly not sure but I just don't understand your logic behind it all. I never claimed to be any better then any of your toons and to me I have always been trailing in your footsteps only getting into your so called "circle" because you were there. So don't believe me, that's fine, but please don't insult my integrity and "skill" esp. in this way...

I guess I was just a little bit proud of myself that night and wanted to post it up. I guess its pointless arguing with you, you either believe or don't believe. Tell me when you want to lay down your 1 mil plat and lets go in there with "you" as my impartial spectator.

Best Regards,

Jenisis
    Revenants

bah you fail to see my humor.
    Last edited by HeavenlyCloud; 12-15-2008 at 10:45 PM.

No point in fighting. It's really stupid and I don't recall a time where I ever second guess'd him. I'll just do it again anyone is welcome to witness it.

- Jenisis
    Revenants

Thumbs down It used to be:

Screenshot or it never happened.

Now that isn't even good enough (though I DID notice the death and wondered how the %*&^ he complete it if dead...now I get it.)

But the worst thing wasn't the claim of disbelief, or even an accusation of Photoshopping, but the methodical how somebody who knows the player and played him a long time would publicly debase him on his only accomplishment thread.

That wasn't a counter, it was an attack and an attempted dressing down (in very poor taste IMHO.)
    Simply put, ask what the favor/gem people saw when they were on and right up to they left. Wow, witnesses over heresay!

So, I ask not if this is true or not, but I ask Cam to explain the actions done on another's personal accomplishment which borders on violating the Inflamation rules for posting.

Now I'm not reporting or correcting....but I'd like to know what caused this rift publicly, or take if off this thread and let a person post something unless you have PROOF it's false when they have pictures showing what they did.

And I remember Xoriat people fiercely hostile, yet protective of their own.
    At least Thelanis got them.....show the honor of Argo I know, not this. Their "hate" pales compared to this attack.

I'm sorry for any anger my post causes, but that was from what was already leveled before my reply.

No BS line for peace or harmony, but from now on, I do request civility even if any of you have no faith in the person's listing.

Or I *will* let the Kolbold decide about the reply next time.
    Last edited by query; 12-15-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Quote Originally Posted by query View Post
    Screenshot or it never happened.

Now that isn't even good enough (though I DID notice the death and wondered how the %*&^ he complete it if dead...now I get it.)

But the worst thing wasn't the claim of disbelief, or even an accusation of Photoshopping, but the methodical how somebody who knows the player and played him a long time would publicly debase him on his only accomplishment thread.

That wasn't a counter, it was an attack and an attempted dressing down (in very poor taste IMHO.)
    Simply put, ask what the favor/gem people saw when they were on and right up to they left. Wow, witnesses over heresay!

So, I ask not if this is true or not, but I ask Cam to explain the actions done on another's personal accomplishment which borders on violating the Inflamation rules for posting.

Now I'm not reporting or correcting....but I'd like to know what caused this rift publicly, or take if off this thread and let a person post something unless you have PROOF it's false when they have pictures showing what they did.

And I remember Xoriat people fiercely hostile, yet protective of their own.
    At least Thelanis got them.....show the honor of Argo I know, not this. Their "hate" pales compared to this attack.

I'm sorry for any anger my post causes, but that was from what was already leveled before my reply.

No BS line for peace or harmony, but from now on, I do request civility even if any of you have no faith in the person's listing.

Or I *will* let the Kolbold decide about the reply next time.
    No offense, but I'm an old school Tharaskian

I have had nothing but fun with the Xorians over here on Thelanis.

I do agree with your post. That was pretty mean to the OP.

Nice job OP, congrats on that!

Gratz!
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

/weak

Because I say you can't means you didn't. This is completely weak Finos, your better than these BS comments. At least he provided screen shots as his evidence of completion, where is yours?
    Charater Names: Jeryle, Jerforged, Gerforged, Raybur, Rayber, Raibur, Marreth, Merreth
    Main: Wizard Alts: Barbarian, Rogue, Ranger
    Alts: Barbarian, Rogue, Ranger
    Leader of Unbreakable

Talking

Grats, trying to Solo it Elite with my Monk(because Monks are gimped ) tonight, Ive done Normal but Elite is a great accomlpishment. Grats.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast