Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)

Default ok this honestly could be pretty wicked

So my hvy picks will crit on a 19-20 but with a 6x crit mod?????? Thats pretty insane actually. Dwarven and Great axes 19-20 and a 5x crit, and kopeshes 17-20 and a 5x crit???. Thats pretty nuts. Yes the extra crit range is nice but wow when crits land its going to be insane. I can see wf THF barbs with great axes and all the pa aps maxed critting for insane dmg. Yes this def takes the barb back to dps. I was leary of it at first but wow. So my question is in playtesting how does a crit rage 1-2 speced barb stack up against a FB speced barb? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayen View Post
    Just one quick question so we can get a confirm or deny. Barb frenzy 2 and 3 crit multipliers. Stack for +2 or not stack?
    Official reply please, there are many assumptions one way or another.
    You would get +2 to critical multipliers similar to how you used to get +2 to critical range with crit rage.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Huh? WOuldnt an 18barb/2 Ranger be able to see +6 STR from teh Rage (In addition to all the regular rage buffs), 6d6 Vicious Damage, AND bump their Crit Multiplier up to X5?????

THat seems like a LOT more than +1 damage to me.....
    The enhancement says it only applies vicious to melee weapons which is why we are confused.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

of the darkness within my own soul's desire

Default 12 Barb 6 Fighter 2 Rogue?

So, has anyone considered Frenzied Evasion Kensai with a 2-handed weapon?

It's looking like a pretty good deal with less pain than the awesome viscious attack for Barb Frenzied Berserker at level 18. The extra fighter feats and armor mastery would be helpful too (whirlwind, mobility, +2 ac in mithril +5 or dragonscale hide)

However, the capstone for a 20th Barbarian would be my ruling factor on whether I go Frenzied Evasion Kensai or Pure Barbarian with Capstone.

Also, the question is now begged whether a Kensai 2-Handed Specialization glancing blows stacks with the Frenzied Barbarian 2-handed glancing blows? Can we get an answer on this Eladrin?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayen View Post
    Just one quick question so we can get a confirm or deny. Barb frenzy 2 and 3 crit multipliers. Stack for +2 or not stack?
    Official reply please, there are many assumptions one way or another.
    Umm Read the entire post ... how else would a pick get a x6 multiplier???

Milolyen

Community Member

Hey ya, good catch there miloyen thanks for the sarcastic heads up.

All the 2 weapon barbs get to waste feats on power attack and cleave? What a joke.

Hmmm... time to get out the dps calculators. I'm guessing TWF is still the best single target damage. Is a crit rage 2 TWF a lot more damaging than a fully frenzied TWF?

I hope in order to make THF viable, a number of the new Mod 9 missions at least have cases where you get SWARMED by enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludnut View Post
    All the 2 weapon barbs get to waste feats on power attack and cleave? What a joke.

Hehe the joke is NOT having PA on your barb....
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Why disallow taking Crit Rage I and II if it counts as a Barbarian PrC, and doesn't stack with FB?

Leaving it grandfathered in is ridiculous if it's not available to new builds.
    Last edited by DaveyCrockett; 12-09-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaBaphometGodithGearey Gygax]

Now to figure out how to fit the dodge / spring attack line AND cleave on my 12 barb / 6 ranger / 2 rogue for a tempest fb!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Whargoul View Post
    So you can keep the crit rage 1 and 2 _AND_ purchase frenzied berzerker 1 2 & 3 ? That my friends, is insane. It says you only lose the crit rage if you reset your enhancements, so just make sure you qualify for berzerker before it goes live.

-Whargoul

Sarlona: Bottles, Kungfu, Devilride, Robotdevil, Bladebarian
    ACtually it was said inthe other thread that if you retain Critical Rage, you wont be able to take Frenzied.. Critacl Rage will Count as your Barb Prc.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Default Crit Rage 2 _AND_ Frenzied Berzerker 3 Stack !??

So you can keep the crit rage 1 and 2 _AND_ purchase frenzied berzerker 1 2 & 3 ? That my friends, is insane. It says you only lose the crit rage if you reset your enhancements, so just make sure you qualify for berzerker before it goes live.

-Whargoul

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

-Whargoul

Nope, take a look, it says that if you keep the old enhancements they will count as your Barb speciality, meaning that you can't pick up Frenzied until/unless you reset to get rid of the crit rage.

And that's a great way to go BTW devs....that way people who designed for the old way and want to keep it can but those who want to try the new thing can as well. No nerfing, just a forward looking approach, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Nope... top of the post says crit rage I & II count as your specialty... which locks out all other class specialties such as FB I-III
    Wait, so only 1 PrC even if it's from different classes? 'cuz I think that nukes my desire to try a Barb 12 6 Fighter. I haven't multi-PrC'd (or tried) so I don't know the mechanical aspects.
    Last edited by Kistilan; 12-09-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: I'm a f'n NINJA!

-Whargoul

No sir, you can't. Crit Rage will count as your Barbarian PrE which locks out all other Barbarian PrE's.

**EDIT** So many responses sooooo quick. Can't tell this one had us all worked into a FRENZIE **/EDIT**
    Last edited by Gadget2775; 12-09-2008 at 02:33 PM.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Quote Originally Posted by Bludnut View Post
    All the 2 weapon barbs get to waste feats on power attack...
    Ummm, what?

-Whargoul

Read this part again:

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post

• Barbarian Critical Rage I and II can no longer be trained. Characters that currently possess these enhancements will retain them until they reset their enhancements, and these enhancements count as their "Barbarian specialty"
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    misread
    Epic Fail (read your misread) j/k'n
    Last edited by Kistilan; 12-09-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: I'm an f'n ninja x2?!!

Nope... top of the post says crit rage I & II count as your specialty... which locks out all other same class specialties such as FB I-III

Though with 20 levels, crit rage II + tempest I is still possible on a 14b/6r. Though there may be changes to tempest I.
    Last edited by Gratch; 12-09-2008 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

-Whargoul

Might want to read a little closer. Particularly to the two sentances after where he said you can no longer train crit rage 1 and 2.

Milolyen

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast