Thread: Bloodstone

Default Bloodstone

Bloodstone seems like quite the item... but buying one in the AH seems to require financing certain professionals for plat...

I can't say I have a lot to trade for one, but I'm looking for one all the same.

Oh yeah, I've been attempting to farm one in the desert, but I think I may have been pulling the wrong chest. I've been working that first one guarded by the dust mephit, which two different people have said is the correct chest. Then I looked in the unofficial DDO wiki, and saw something about it being guarded by a mummy? Does anyone know for sure where the stinker drops?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by William the Bat View Post
    Bloodstone seems like quite the item... but buying one in the AH seems to require financing certain professionals for plat...

I can't say I have a lot to trade for one, but I'm looking for one all the same.

Oh yeah, I've been attempting to farm one in the desert, but I think I may have been pulling the wrong chest. I've been working that first one guarded by the dust mephit, which two different people have said is the correct chest. Then I looked in the unofficial DDO wiki, and saw something about it being guarded by a mummy? Does anyone know for sure where the stinker drops?

Thanks!
    It drops in two spots - and I believe the wiki states that, although I'd appreciate a link to a page where it doesn't so I can correct it - namely the chest guarded by the mephit and the one guarded by a named skeleton further west.

Sadly, I'm personally cursed when it comes to farming one , so I started buying them when I needed. The vale, the subterranean, the new explorer areas, they are all places to get plat from that are not particularly difficult if you start a group.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member Pallol_One-Eye's Avatar
    Basking in the glory of a Bruins Championship

Default My understanding is

Quote Originally Posted by William the Bat View Post

Thanks!
    My understanding is that it can drop in 1 of 2 chests. The first is when the named Mephit spawns in the beginningish undead area. The second place I was under the impression is the named mummy in the very back of the undead area, where you can find the mummies all laying down.

I would also like to find out if what I had been told is incorrect. I apologize for not having names of the named spawns, I usually run fast enough to not really see the names.
    Quote Originally Posted by EustaceTrevelyan View Post
    A team-killing f-tard is a team-killing f-tard, no matter how long they've played.

It drops in the thirsty one's chest (not the mummies laying down), and the dust mephit chest.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Dust mephet chest and thirsty one (named skelly around the corner from a named mummy, but not the named mummy that is lying down). I have pulled multiple bloodstones from ea of these.

Or yoy can save a few larges ang trade for the next one I pull. If you see my trade list pop to the top, check it out.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

i believe it also drops at the mummy chest right by the thirsty one (im sorry but his name eludes me, something the mad) thats my farming route. dust mephit, mad mummy, thirsty one, lying down mummies. covers bloodstone, duskheart, and ring of spell storing with 1 haste for al of it. (have pulled 2 bloodstones, just keep running)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzian View Post
    i believe it also drops at the mummy chest right by the thirsty one (im sorry but his name eludes me, something the mad) thats my farming route. dust mephit, mad mummy, thirsty one, lying down mummies. covers bloodstone, duskheart, and ring of spell storing with 1 haste for al of it. (have pulled 2 bloodstones, just keep running)
    No, the mummy chest does not drop the bloodstone. It drops the mummy wrappings or robe of fire. Most speed-runs actually skip that chest, although some people do hit it because it is in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallol One-Eye View Post
    My understanding is that it can drop in 1 of 2 chests. The first is when the named Mephit spawns in the beginningish undead area. The second place I was under the impression is the named mummy in the very back of the undead area, where you can find the mummies all laying down.

I would also like to find out if what I had been told is incorrect. I apologize for not having names of the named spawns, I usually run fast enough to not really see the names.
    I'm sorry to say that yes, that was incorrect. The chests are the named mephit and named skellie. The named skelly is around the corner from the single mummy chest, and the one with three mummies lying down is the spell storing ring and dynastic falcata chest.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzian View Post
    Never pulled one from a mummy chest, nor have I heard one dropping there. Just my exp. I run right past that chest most the time. I do stop by and look for fire greaves though. Its a little out of the way but well worth it if you pull a pair

Do a search for definative static rewards for a good list of what drops where.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Dust Mephit is named Pulamak, just so you know you're at the right chest, and in my experience the chest spawns about 50% of the time, vs 25% to 30% for the Thirsty One's chest. Good luck!
    hsinclair

haha, no. While a lead designer's job is to balance the game as a whole, each system designer (and each level designer/content guy) is responsible for their own little bit of the game. So as such, I balance spells/enhancements, graal has items and treasure, and Eladrin runs around going "raaar!" a lot. I think he does monsters.

Default btw

BTW OP the location of this thread, combined with the title, makes it look like you are trying to buy or sell a bloodstone . JFYI

Happy farming
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

For clairification, the bloodstone drops in pamulaks chest (dust memphit) and the thirsty ones chest (skelton). It does NOT drop in Thurnoks the mad's chest (mummy), though you might as well hit that one en route to the thirsty one. I find it usually takes somewhere on the order of 50 to 100 runs to pull a bloodstone, though of course some people could get lucky and pull it on their first try.

use this map link to plan your loot run route:
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...t_Map_Path.jpg
    <Sarlona>Leafy 12th life TR, Ingvild 25 Fighter, Backk 25 Rogue, Hipyletus 25 Sorcerer, Reinheits 25 Cleric, Cratonic 18 Fighter/2 Monk, Archean 20 barbarian, Steamfunk 24 Arti <Quantum Entropy>
    <Khyber>Cilicis 15 Bard/1 Fighter<Eximius>

Community Member Pallol_One-Eye's Avatar
    Basking in the glory of a Bruins Championship

Default Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by gfunk View Post
    For clairification, the bloodstone drops in pamulaks chest (dust memphit) and the thirsty ones chest (skelton). It does NOT drop in Thurnoks the mad's chest (mummy), though you might as well hit that one en route to the thirsty one. I find it usually takes somewhere on the order of 50 to 100 runs to pull a bloodstone, though of course some people could get lucky and pull it on their first try.

use this map link to plan your loot run route:
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...t_Map_Path.jpg
    Thanks all for your input, makes sense why I have pulled no bloodstones from the Mummy chest. Looks like I will be changing tactics and making a much shorter run. Who knows, maybe just an in addition to what I normally do thing will be required.

/Hijack off, good luck pulling your Bloodstone OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by EustaceTrevelyan View Post
    A team-killing f-tard is a team-killing f-tard, no matter how long they've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallol One-Eye View Post
    Thanks all for your input, makes sense why I have pulled no bloodstones from the Mummy chest. Looks like I will be changing tactics and making a much shorter run. Who knows, maybe just an in addition to what I normally do thing will be required.

/Hijack off, good luck pulling your Bloodstone OP.
    oh yeah... the mummy chest you are talking about where the mummies are lying down (general Tanankh) is where the spell storing ring drops, so many people hit that one as well.
    <Sarlona>Leafy 12th life TR, Ingvild 25 Fighter, Backk 25 Rogue, Hipyletus 25 Sorcerer, Reinheits 25 Cleric, Cratonic 18 Fighter/2 Monk, Archean 20 barbarian, Steamfunk 24 Arti <Quantum Entropy>
    <Khyber>Cilicis 15 Bard/1 Fighter<Eximius>