Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

So, with all these people agreeing it does have it's uses, but is of very limited use, and situational, how about you also add +2 WIS to this enhancement?

Look at the barbarian one. Increased chance of glancing blows triggering special effects, increased glancing damage AND +2 STR. I would argue the first 2 parts of that particular enhancement is more than of limited use, and very much better than the cleric one.

And don't tell me it's different for casters. FvS gain +2 CHA and, depending on their path (I'll focus on the healer), things such as no SP cost on their CLW. That pretty much means they can top off people all they want between battles without using any resources. That AND a stat bump far trumphs the capstone of the cleric.

I still love my cleric, but this enhancement is just a kick in the face.
    Characters on Argonessen: Frotgar Stonefoot (Badass heal-daddy) - Dwarf Cleric 20 | Baerin Arkenett (hagglebard) - Drow Bard 9 | Duplolas Duilthran (Intimitank) - Drow Fighter 6 | Kempe Knive ("Exploiter" ranger) - Human Ranger 18 / Rogue 1 / Monk 1 | Pewny Mortals - WF Barbarian 7 (Frenzied Cratesmasher)

Very limited use this capstone, many other cap have more utility than this one.

+2 wisdom, +2 bonus on turn/rebuke and more another thing like another gods power are better.

Cleric need more gods, generic gods, maybe 3 enhacement for god, make better thing than enhacement in lvl 20.
    Like 6, 12 and 20 lvl enhacement divine powers, make capstone for cleric more usefull and atractive, give more taste to class. But for this need more than 2 gods generic to function.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZexionII View Post
    That AND a stat bump far trumphs the capstone of the cleric.
    Plus it's not as if FVS didn't already get an attractive feature at level 20, even without capstones. What do clerics get at 20th?...

Community Member

I love my pure cleric but tbh I don't really like this capstone. The only capstones I even really like is Favored Soul Ascendancy: Voice of the Deathless. And that gives you +2 Charisma, +2 to the Spot and Search skills, and lets you cast the spell Command Undead without using spell points. I also like Favored Soul Ascendancy: Healing Word, which gives you +2 Charisma, +2 to the Diplomacy and Heal skills, and you're able to cast the spell Cure Light Wounds also without using spell points. Now I understand You have to take your class' capstone; me being a cleric, I can't have a fvrd soul's capstone. I know this, I just feel The capstone should be an enhancement at the level they give to the fvrd souls. *NOTE* Although, if these two will ever designed for a cleric the +2 should obviously go to wisdom instead. Wishful thinking

But in all honesty, the fact that it lasts five minutes is why I will never give this to my cleric. I'm only lvl 7 right now(stopped playing for xp when renown started for a bit) and I think the time limit short be lengthened or thrown away and it just stays on the buffed toons till it's activated. I'm sure at lvl 20 your other buffs/spells last longer than 5 minutes. With or without the +2 Wisdom, if this stayed on till activation I would no doubt acquire it without hesitation.

: ) Moon <3

P.S. If I am mistaken on how it works, please feel free to correct me or point me to anything already explained in this thread. I didn't feel like reading 16 pages of posts today.

Nice Necro... You used Divine Intervention on this thread.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

If you'd waiting one more day, it would have been an even 9 months. I award this necro 2/5. Dev thread necros are always interesting, but the lack of style detracted severely from the impact. Lack of drama also is a factor in the low score.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

Community Member

Haha Elad, but no, that took me longer than five minutes. lol.

And lack of drama k1ngp1n? no drama = good. drama bs = get off the internet and enter the special olympics.

And the topic was brought back because it was the first thing that popped up on google that was any good besides the ddo wiki page when I searched it. So excuse me for stating my opinion and trying to get some facts straight. Also, not a thread necro. TBH I hate forums because they're full of stupid people.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516