Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Eladrin:

is there any kind of use limitation here? cooldown, tied to turn undeads, sp cost, something?

if there's any kind of limiting factor, this spell is probably only a big deal in areas like shroud 4 where there is an inability to raise if someone dies.

however, I hope this ability has some kind of limiter so you cannot just use it on everyone all the time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Please provide an example.. I'll be happy to provide youwith an alternative Tactic....

Evasion, +3 to yoru Saves, and 2 Feats is WAY better than this capstone.... No doubt about it.

Seriously FOlks.. What am I missing here???? I see all kinds of people saying this is great.... Whats so great about it? Gimme some exaples where this would be useful... You know.. More useful than a cleric who, You know.. HEALS.....
    honestly it's basically a recanned version of a level 4 cleric spell.....

The Left Side

This comes as salvation for all clerics who have spilled 64 oz of diet coke in their laps during fights and need a few seconds to clean up ...

I'm hoping the capstone enhancements for casters will all be like this. I'm also hoping the capstones for melee characters are gimpy ...

Tormenting Role Players, Perma-Death players, and Turbine Mods since February 2006!
    Clandestine * Magestic * HughJaas * Chaloopa * LaBamba * Fervent * DezNuda * Heinous * DeLaScorcha * Waxxoff

Seriously FOlks.. What am I missing here???? I see all kinds of people saying this is great.... Whats so great about it? Gimme some exaples where this would be useful... You know.. More useful than a cleric who, You know.. HEALS.....
    It's good, not great, like the monk capstone. So the devs have done a good job not making the capstones overpowered.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    Eladrin:

is there any kind of use limitation here? cooldown, tied to turn undeads, sp cost, something?

if there's any kind of limiting factor, this spell is probably only a big deal in areas like shroud 4 where there is an inability to raise if someone dies.

however, I hope this ability has some kind of limiter so you cannot just use it on everyone all the time.
    Says right in the description it's limited to your turn attempts.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Dumb. Level 4 spell from my 1500sp pool vs a turning-based ability?

Give me the spell, please. Don't insult my 6 Cha cleric by stealing a spell he should have at level 7 and make it a level 20 ability he can't use.

Default Capstones

Cool incentive to stay pure, but not so crazy that other build options are not still viable. Thanks for the preview.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gol View Post
    Dumb. Level 4 spell from my 1500sp pool vs a turning-based ability?

Give me the spell, please. Don't insult my 6 Cha cleric by stealing a spell he should have at level 7 and make it a level 20 ability he can't use.
    /agreed on that
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Please provide an example.. I'll be happy to provide youwith an alternative Tactic....

Evasion, +3 to yoru Saves, and 2 Feats is WAY better than this capstone.... No doubt about it.

well seeing as i have a 14/2 cleric monk atm, i know a thing or two about it but thanks for the lesson dad.

what im saying is that this effect will be balanced in the quests as they come out. its a 5 minute get out of jail free card for a character dying. its a basic god mode. I dont think MY build will be gimped what I really mean is that everyone ELSE will think it and tactics in some quests might come to revolve around this thing. just saying. I am entitled to my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dwooley1981 View Post
    well seeing as i have a 14/2 cleric monk atm, i know a thing or two about it but thanks for the lesson dad.

what im saying is that this effect will be balanced in the quests as they come out. its a 5 minute get out of jail free card for a character dying. its a basic god mode. I dont think MY build will be gimped what I really mean is that everyone ELSE will think it and tactics in some quests might come to revolve around this thing. just saying. I am entitled to my opinion
    You mean tactics will involve clerics keeping people alive?

How is this any different than now? Provide some examples.

Default Just think

When will the high-charisma 1 sorc splash DV/turning clerics find this thread?
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    anywhere where we have a penalty box on death, ie shroud part 4, and the reaver, I would put it on casters and some lower hit point characters just in case, and on myself as death pact is useless in the shroud part 4 if you are actually trying to finish it
    Unless Turbine starts intoducing more Penalty Box Quests (Which I think would be a huge mistake) I dont see it....

Level 20 Ability.....

I rarely see people Die in Part 4 of the shroud now... Give us 4 more levels.. Seriously... How many people are gonna die?

We're just suposed to start randomly throwing this ability out every 5 minutes? THere go the DV's that the caster coulda used to throw that Haste or Firewall....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Great preview, looks like something my cleric might use. As for the name it originally was, I will take a stab and say "Stabilize" or "Stabilization"?
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    anywhere where we have a penalty box on death, ie shroud part 4, and the reaver, I would put it on casters and some lower hit point characters just in case, and on myself as death pact is useless in the shroud part 4 if you are actually trying to finish it
    In addition, when you DIE, you take the penalty, plus lose ALL your buffs. This would partially prevent that from happening as often. Like last night in SoS, when one of the melee's died in there, they lost all their protective buffs, etc, which meant that when they got back up and into things, the mobs were able to chew on them a whole lot more effectively and took even more SP to fix/rebuff.

It means that someone getting spammed by fireballs for example, will just go down, not die in Kobold for example.

Lots of useful ways to go, and I for one like that they chose to tie it to Turns and Level pure clerics. Someone choosing to multi has gained whatever benefits from that multi all along, and many times mock those who chose to stay pure (for whatever reason).

Plus assuming it has the same range limitations (or lack thereof) as Divine Healing, it will be very useful in a number of circumstance to prevent allies from dying.
    Last edited by Zenako; 12-02-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

The thing to remember is that this keeps you alive at -9 i.e. incapped. If it kept you alive at 1hp and active then it would be an amazing ability. As it is it's ok but not really a big change from just using your sp to raise the dead rather than heal up the incapped.

All in all it's a pretty nice captstone imo, not overpowered but could be a little useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dwooley1981 View Post

But its NOT a 5 Minute "God Mode" at all.... Its a Stop me from Dying once spell that Fades ina few seconds once your incapped.... How is this gonna help charaters getting subjected to AOE damage? How bout Buring Blood? How about a pidly little acid arrow?

Since this is TIed to DV's and NOT Spell Points, I cant see players clamoring for it.... this will be used exclusivly at the clerics discression.....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

But its NOT a 5 Minute "God Mode" at all.... Its a Stop me from Dying once spell that Fades ina few seconds once your incapped.... How is this gonna help charaters getting subjected to AOE damage? How bout Buring Blood? How about a pidly little acid arrow?
    I think the key is that it fades in a few seconds. This gives the cleric an extra window to hit heal on you. It's an insurance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post

It means that someone getting spammed by fireballs for example, will just go down, not die in Kobold for example.
    Not really.. It just means it'll take a few more seconds for them to die when the effect fades away.....

The buff thing? meh. If that melee really needs a whole sting of buff icons across the top of his screen to be efective you probobly got the wrong melee.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Unless Turbine starts intoducing more Penalty Box Quests (Which I think would be a huge mistake) I dont see it....

Level 20 Ability.....

I rarely see people Die in Part 4 of the shroud now... Give us 4 more levels.. Seriously... How many people are gonna die?

We're just suposed to start randomly throwing this ability out every 5 minutes? THere go the DV's that the caster coulda used to throw that Haste or Firewall....
    true but bad things happen, and I would choose this over death pact, as they are essentially the same, but one allows me to keep my buffs, as most have said not uber but can be useful
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    You mean tactics will involve clerics keeping people alive?

How is this any different than now? Provide some examples.
    how about bards that get booted from vod runs for not having ac songs? how about pallys that get booted from same runs and more for not having plus5 aura? how about MY CLERIC that i have now not getting into a shroud at least twice because i dont have, and i swear to god here, MASS DEATH WARD??? how about bards that were not warchanters being booted from the shroud when it first came out?

really, maybe you dont ever have to pug but i do. and the perception people might have of this enhancment is that it is a necessary tool to win if there are quests where for example you are seperated forcefully from your other party members. or where the damage in an aoe is just so severe that anyone without evasion HAS to have this if they dont have 600 hp.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast