Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I am really hoping all this is 10% per rank, and all the feats and PrCs are 10% per rank. That way a lvl 20 WF barb has 100% chance to proc effects, or my level 20 fighter has a 90% chance.

Two handed fighting (for every class) has need a buff for some time now. Any chance weapon specialization and fighter enhancements to damage will be buffed to? Kinda silly both give the same bonus to 1 handers as they do to two handers.

Interesting that people didnt request this earlier on this thread but, can we pretty plz with sugar on top get the hard numbers on this? And even add them to the description of the enhancements just ppl know what they are actually getting.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    10% per feat or enhancement would make sense

3 feats, and 3 enhancements, which leaves room for 3 more ranks from kensai or berzerker, topping you off at 90% chance to activate.

Any less just it not going to be a worthwhile addition; and it doesnt break the lower levels b/c you get it in baby steps as you progress to lvl 20
    Congrats on your foresight, sadly our wishes did not come true.

On my 10 wf barb, I have not yet NOTICED a glancing blow vorpal occur. I have ITHF and rank 2 wf weapon aptitude.

(Theoretically, I should, at some point, notice a vorpal when I glancing blow my main target)

I wonder how they make a glancing blow proc a "crit" effect. Does the glancing blow get a secondary roll? Do you have to roll to see if your weapon effect procs and then see if it "crits"?

The things we will never know.... Has anyone test glancing blow crit effects?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dormetheus View Post
    On my 10 wf barb, I have not yet NOTICED a glancing blow vorpal occur. I have ITHF and rank 2 wf weapon aptitude.

(Theoretically, I should, at some point, notice a vorpal when I glancing blow my main target)

I wonder how they make a glancing blow proc a "crit" effect. Does the glancing blow get a secondary roll? Do you have to roll to see if your weapon effect procs and then see if it "crits"?

AFAIK glancing blows don't even get attack rolls. Any time I've ever gotten glancing blows I've always hit everything around me with it, and I've never seen one crit. If this is the case then they don't get attack rolls and therefore can't crit and therefore can't proc Vorpal or Bursts or anything like that (beyond the +1d6 base you get from the burst, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by dormetheus View Post

I have a WF at lvl12 with GTHF and all three levels of this and didn't notice ANYTHING extra on the glancing blows last night -- I was alternating between a +4 Icy Burst Falchion and a +1 Vorpal Falchion for most of the night.
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Quote Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
    AFAIK glancing blows don't even get attack rolls. Any time I've ever gotten glancing blows I've always hit everything around me with it, and I've never seen one crit. If this is the case then they don't get attack rolls and therefore can't crit and therefore can't proc Vorpal or Bursts or anything like that (beyond the +1d6 base you get from the burst, at least).
    Not true.

The description of THF states that it increases the attack rolls of glancing blows, so it implies that they get attack rolls, though I have no proof and haven't looked to hard to figure it out.

I do, however, guarantee that on-crit and on-vorp effects do indeed proc on glancing blows with the thf feats/wf GW enhancements/barb capstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber69 View Post
    Please forgive my personal attack, I was high on Platypus Venom at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselKing View Post
    Not true.

The description of THF states that it increases the attack rolls of glancing blows, so it implies that they get attack rolls, though I have no proof and haven't looked to hard to figure it out.

I do, however, guarantee that on-crit and on-vorp effects do indeed proc on glancing blows with the thf feats/wf GW enhancements/barb capstone.
    Interesting. The on-vorp effects must be rarer, somehow. We'll never know the mechanics, but It's probably a 5% chance on a successful effects-proc glancing blow.

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselKing View Post
    I have no proof and haven't looked to hard to figure it out.
    DeadlyGazebo had confirmed that, two years ago.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Community Member

to dig up an old thread as i just posted in a related one-

this enhancement seems broken. any word on fixin it ?

Quote Originally Posted by eulogy098 View Post
    to dig up an old thread as i just posted in a related one-

this enhancement seems broken. any word on fixin it ?
    Meh...nm

There was word that this isn't working properly, yet I don't see it in the known bugs section.

any hard yes or no's?
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asketes View Post
    There was word that this isn't working properly, yet I don't see it in the known bugs section.

any hard yes or no's?
    Turbine is odd about bugs. Most of the known bugs aren't in the known bugs section so we can never figure out what they actually know and what they actually think is a bug vs WAI.

Community Member

I hear this enhancement line causes glancing blows to do quadruple damage, proc trip/stunning blow on every target every time and allows glancing blows to proc off glancing blows. Quick! a developer should take a look at the code!
    Eulogy- oh ninety eight

I hear this enhancement line causes glancing blows to do quadruple damage, proc trip/stunning blow on every target every time and allows glancing blows to proc off glancing blows. Quick! a developer should take a look at the code!

I think it adds Vorpal to your weapons too.

Twitter THAT! B#^ch!

Community Member

This just in, GWA allows you to have glancing blows on movement swings too.
    Eulogy- oh ninety eight

Community Member

This just in, GWA allows you to have glancing blows on movement swings too.
    haha. I see what y'all did there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perspicacity View Post
    5 min? I don't know about you but if I leave for my lady I'm out for the night. The bedroom is the one place I NEVER zerg.

Community Member

Wondering if there's a thread somewhere with research on this subject? Or any kind of analysis?

Just looking for where the rumor originated in fact before I drop the kind of plat I need to remap my enhancements.

Community Member
    Last edited by eulogy098; 07-29-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Eulogy- oh ninety eight

wow, now the amount of WF barbarians is going to skyrocket
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Holy Necro Batman!
    Winston Churchill:
    “Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast