Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stormreach Mayoral Election - vote preview!

The time has come to vote for the next Mayor of Stormreach.

Check out this preview of the candidates and consider who you'd like to vote for...

Harbormaster Zinn

Harbormaster Zinn currently resides in the Harbor and works to keep tabs on the Waterworks as a municipal administrator. Running on a platform of "He knows the business!", Zinn may have the backing of the Coin Lords. He supports increased military might (more guards!), cleaning up the city and training new players to deal with the perils of Stormreach.

He's also been in a tough campaign fight with his rival Lord Gerald Goodblade. Not the best public speaker, but earnest to a fault, Zinn has been known to tout his qualifications for the job.

"Lord" Gerald Goodblade

"Lord" Gerald Goodblade is currently residing outside of the city's walls following a last-minute campaign scandal. He claims that "goons" of Harbormaster Zinn have threatened his safety. He's also quite concerned about the abilities of Mindflayer Fred to sway voters...his opponents point to some allegedly damaging screenshots involving him and Charlotte the Scarlett as the main reason for his recent disappearance.

Goodblade, known to many as one of the first people they encounter in Stormreach, has been working to get people started on their questing lifestyle through the acquisition of ancient daggers. He's also received criticism for the quality of his so-called "Swords of Tesyus".

His campaign platform includes better health care for the aged, increased guild support and moderate change to the city. His slogan, "Why do Better when you can do Good", remains a mystery to this day.

Nat Gann

Nat Gann is another current mayoral candidate who no longer resides within the city walls of Stormreach. His campaign has seen increased support from people who remember his valiant efforts to keep people entertained even as portals of Shavarath began opening throughout the Marketplace. He survived the attack, but just barely, and could be seen writhing on the ground in pain with a broken leg for months until he disappeared.

As Gann tells it, he was placed on a stretcher by unknown people and shuttled outside of the city's walls. Since then, he has experienced a difficult life, fighting displacer beasts, intellect devourers, goblins and other monsters that have been eradicated from the city. He just wants back in, and being mayor would be a great way for him to once again be useful. He promises to stay out of the way...

Gann claims to have a "very wordy" Four Point Plan. He also supports free travel to Meridia and Beyond, increased player events and "wants to tax your pants off!"

His slogan is "Nat Gann for Every Man!"

Skrapps

Skrapps knows all about combat. This feisty and somewhat insane Kobold can be seen consistently residing in the Wayward Lobster, guiding people to "Fight! Fight PvP! PvP Forever! Fight! Fight! Fight! Dizafrabadoo!"

Freakishly crazy and cold-blooded, this perennial candidate is running on a few ideas:

- Fight! PvP Forever!
    - PvP Everywhere!
    - Bite Jerry's Face!

Jester of the Festivault

This somewhat creepy candidate believes in giving you candy. He loves you. Very, very much....

Known for taking your coins for twigs and coal, the Jester has the ability to be in three places at once, something he frequently touts as a good reason to vote for him for mayor. He also has a habit of renaming his holiday and generally can only be seen during a certain time of the year.

The Jester is running on a platform of free dental care for all. Free dental care and candy. Sweet, sweet candy. Candy for you. You love candy, don't you? He loves you, you know....

Mindflayer Fred

Mindflayer Fred is a long-time resident of House Jorasco and can be seen living under a slab of rock. Somewhat dark and mysterious, Fred has become "the go-to" resident for feat respects. A consummate businessman who seized on a service not being met to ensure his continued survival, Fred has managed to avoid being killed by citizens who otherwise tend to greet Mindflayers with very sharp swords....

Fred is running on a platform of major change to the city. His "reign" would include support for the powerful, destruction of the city's enemies and more feats. He knows what you want and is not afraid to tap into your mind.

His support has grown significantly since he announced his candidacy, particularly among those he has "helped" see why he should become mayor.

###

So, the vote will remain open until Friday, November 14th, 2008 at 6pm Eastern time! The vote takes place both here and on DDO-Europe.com. Let's hear who you think should be mayor!

Jerry

More information can be found at www.MayorofStormreach.com.
    Last edited by Tolero; 11-10-2008 at 02:17 PM.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Thumbs up Win With Zin!

Clanky says the scrawy little halfling is your man! And if I see that creepy Festivus/ult Jester hanging about 301ft from a voting booth I am gonna clock him senseless.

Come on Turbine. Jerry got down on pleading knee to get a poll out of you! (At least that's what the clairvouants tell me.) Let's have a ding-dang poll!

Last edited by Clankenbeard; 11-10-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Community Member

Thumbs up my vote

Nat Gann for mayor of stormreach!

Default Zin

Harbor Master Zin
    Ska 14Bard/4Ftr/2Rog --Abscessed 20CLR --Skja 18Bard/2Rog--Mariachi 19 Bard -Quill 16 Rng-Zomatis 16Wiz/1Rog --Avinash 14Pal/2Rog
    Legends of Twilight Server Khyber

I'll vote for whoever picks Cydonie as thier running mate

Default the "Good" choice

Have to go with Lord Goodblade, he is enough of a schemer to be a politician
    Breck N'Dwall, Proud member and leader of Death From Below Alts include;Jarus Machinehead Warforged Fighter, Rass Bari'Baray Drow with skills, Nosleep TilBrooklyn Dwarf with self control issues, Dhust Ndawind Human EMT

Thumbs up

Fred is simply the best candidate when all options are considered; and the only one who has a proven track record of making important and immediate change in the lives of Stormreach's citizens. Fred is the only candidate who is there to work for you - not the other way around.

I humbly and with great pride cast my vote: Fred.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

/vote for Fred, why vote for the lesser evi..... I mean lesser candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No one that throws together a bunch of numbers and calls it fact is going to give you and real accurate answer, there's too many variables and it's all biased towards there own personal outlooks on how it should be, not how it is. Numbers are too easy to manipulate.
    So sad but true.

My vote is for Fred.

I've seen all the others eat cows at one point. Obviously they don't have my best interests in mind.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Festavault Jester!

Sweet Sweet Candy for the Win!
    Buzz

Proud member of the Forgotten Legion www.forgottenlegion.net
    Forgotten Tales! Slices of Life in and Around Stormreach...

Community Member

I'm writing in Aspenor

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    I'm writing in Aspenor
    /signed
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Fred hands down... because he's in it for the money
    Englorious Basteurds - There the only ones who can put up with me.

Wherever bedlam and sorrow reside, you will find me lurking...

Fred all the way ! He keeps his promises !
    Calamitous Intent***The Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by tchurvul View Post
    ...I even took his robe as a trophy. It's so comfortable..and it reminds me of the sweet sweet taste of victory. All who oppose me meet such a fate, so let it be a lesson to you.
    773-360

Man It sells like fish, ohh wait fishing capital of us...that explains it.

Skrapps cause Brianius pvp like!!!!
    NO!! I wont correct my spelling/grammar, and yes I lack the power of typed word.
    Been to Ghallanda lately?
    Wanna have fun but not sure how? Here is your answer!

Thumbs up

Nat Gann is my man!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianius View Post
    Skrapps cause Brianius pvp like!!!!

SKRAPPS KEEPS HIS PROMISES TOO!

KOBOLDS NEVER FORGET! KOBOLDS ALWAYS HATE JERRY!

OOC: Awesome guys lol this is still the most fun idea ive seen in a long while

Hmmm after weighing in all my options, thorougly creeped out by Nat Gann's pole positions, Unsure that Harbor Master Zin has proper control over his guards (I mean they just keep getting kidnapped and standing around the waterworks picking their noses. Never trusted Goodblades (which his name did not represent that inferior weapon he gave) Skrapps is a kobold they normally end up dead by me and I dont need candy... So after long thought im casting my vote for...

FRED he is a very convincing candidate who seems to linger in the back of your mind whether you want him there or not.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Community Member

Thumbs up my vote

I vote for Fred. Only Fred and Harbormaster Zinn have promised to do anything constructive. As a merc; I feel Fred has offered me the best deal, more feats. I don't need my mind controlled, I just need my pouches filled. I worked very hard to help Goodblade once and the sword he promised me was a rusted piece of junk I could barely sell. I know what side my bread is buttered on, or should I say what vial has the healing balm. I vote for Fred.

Wildhuntsman
    Warforged Ranger
    Argonnessen Server

Fred.... All votes for Fred!
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast