Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Everything you need to know about Dragontouched armor

**Note I have no intention of keeping this thread updated this was just a little project while not many people were running the lich**

Once you've killed our lovely undead friend from the days of Tempest Spine loot runs you will recieve 50 Draconic runes which you can use to start making your armor.

There are 4 types of runes that are used for crafting dragontouched armors, they are draconic, eldritch, tempest, and soverign. You can use the draconic runes to purchase dragontouched armor or any of the other 3 runes which are used for crafting at the three different altars. The sovereign rune drops out of the chest after you defeat sorjek, while the other runes drop from the 3 other quests in reavers refuge. (I'm not entirely sure but it seems like you can only get tempest runes from the White dragon quest and eldritch from the other 2)

All you need to do to craft your armor is follow these simple steps.

Step 1: Talk to the guy at the center of the altars and give him 50 draconic runes and he will give you an option to choose what kind of armor you want. Dragontouched armors give you a bonus to armor for metal armors (i.e. 15 base armor for +5 dragontouched fullplate) or an increase to your max dex bonus for leather armors. Robes and outfits start with armor +6.

Step 2: Once you've chosen the type of armor you want you can now upgrade it on each of the three altars by placing the armor and one of the runes on the alter that shares that particular runes namesake. The effects produced are random and can be replaced by putting the armor back in with another rune, so just keep trying til you find something you like.

So far my guildies and I have found the following attributes on each of the altars. Most attributes seem to come from known shroud items or other named raid loot.

Eldritch: 25% striding, greater resists, stat skills +3, combustion VII, fearsome, greater false life, heavyfort, Resistance +5, Lionheart (procs remove fear), feather falling, Deathblock, Healing amplification 10%

Tempest: Stat +6, Protection +5, Corrosive Salt Guard, Wizadry VI, exceptional stat +1, magma surge guard. efficient metamagic empower healing 2, True Seeing, SR 22,

Soverign: Tharnes Wrath*, Lorriks Champion*, Air Guard, Melodic Guard (chance to dance on hit), Superior Combustion VII, Dodge +3**, Disintegration guard, Destruction, Greater Elemental energy, Smiting, resonance 8, sunder guard, Crippling, Earthguard (procs stoneskin), Greater potency VII, Greater spell pen VIII, +4 insight AC, potency 8, natural armor +4, earthgrab guard

*The attributes from sets are actually part of a 3 part set that includes the 2 pieces from Mod 7 raids and the 3rd part from the soverign tier of dragontouched armor. (Tharnes Wrath gives featherfalling for the 3rd item and Lorriks Champion gives Superior Devotion VIII)
    ** Dodge +3 currently doesn't stack with the Chattering ring, I assume its because these attributes are derived from previous raid items and it considers this effect and the chattering rings effect the same thing (no different than having on two chattering rings)
    Last edited by Wezlin; 11-03-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks .

What different armor types can you choose?

What are all of the Breastplate of Destruction Evasioners going to want to pick?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balkas View Post
    Thanks .

What different armor types can you choose?

What are all of the Breastplate of Destruction Evasioners going to want to pick?
    I honestly forgot to look carefully past the Fullplate/Robe areas but I don't remember it being too promising, especially since non-mithral breastplates are medium armor and the light armor stuff in there just had too high of a dex and too low of a armor for a Breastplate of Destruction Evasioner to fill out well. I'll check when I get a chance to turn in 50 more runes

I am not following this exactly-

Once you've our lovely undead friend from the days of Tempest Spine loot runs you will recieve 50 Draconic runes which you can use to start making your armor.
    ---------

Once you have...what? Once you have killed him?

----------------------------------------

So, there are four different types of runes, and you use the runes to upgrade the dragon touched Armor you got at the base level.

So, what I am unclear about....if you have armor already, not Dragon Touched, and put that in with a Rune, is it randomly upgraded, or does it have to be the base (much like greensteel) item?

Thanks much,

muffinconfused.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinlad View Post

Once you've our lovely undead friend from the days of Tempest Spine loot runs you will recieve 50 Draconic runes which you can use to start making your armor.
    ---------

So, there are four different types of runes, and you use the runes to upgrade the dragon touched Armor you got at the base level.

So, what I am unclear about....if you have armor already, not Dragon Touched, and put that in with a Rune, is it randomly upgraded, or does it have to be the base (much like greensteel) item?

Thanks much,

muffinconfused.
    Yeah he left out the word "killed" .

You can only upgrade the dragontouched armor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by muffinlad View Post

---------

Thanks much,

muffinconfused.
    Yes I suck at writing sorry bout that, but it has to be dragontouched
    Last edited by Wezlin; 10-30-2008 at 07:39 PM.

what's the max dex bonus on the fullplate? is there a mithril fullplate/breastplate to choose from?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
    what's the max dex bonus on the fullplate? is there a mithril fullplate/breastplate to choose from?
    1) 1. It has base armor 15, so it's the same amount of ac as a +5 Mith FP, but with less dex required.

2) No.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezlin View Post
    Yes I suck at writing sorry bout that, but it has to be dragontouched
    No worries, I was just assuming I was missing something.

-----------------

As for being Dragontouched....ok, I get it now. I can drop my Dragonscale leathers on my Archer-Ranger and get something modestly useful and get my full dex back...huzzah!

muffinarrow
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezlin View Post
    ** Dodge +3 currently doesn't stack with the Chattering ring, I assume its because these attributes are derived from previous raid items and it considers this effect and the chattering rings effect the same thing (no different than having on two chattering rings)
    Thats not cool.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Sorry to bug You about this, but can I put 3 runes on the armor (1 from each catagory)?
    Or is it just 1 rune?
    Mmmmmmmmm.......Doughnuts! - Homer Simpson

Community Member

Default More options

Here is what we've found out so far in our guild

Eldritch
    Striding 20%
    Striding 25%
    Death Block
    Feather Fall
    Resist +5
    Healing Amplification 10%
    Skill +3
    Greater Resists
    Lionheart
    Greater False Life
    Improved False Life
    Fearsom
    Heavy Fortification
    Comb VII

Tempest
    Wiz VI
    True Seeing
    Stat's +6
    Protection +5
    Exceptinal Stat +1
    SR 22
    Efficient metamagic Empower Healing II

Soverign
    Resonance VIII
    Smite (smite on mele attacks)
    Sunder Guard
    Enervasion Guard
    Earthgrab Guard
    Greater Pot VII
    Destruct
    Cripling
    Tharne's armore (Feather Fall)
    Sup Comb VII
    Melodic Guard (Chance to dance on Hit)
    Magma surge Gurad
    Air Guard
    Disintigration Guard
    Loriks Champion (Sup Dev VIII)
    Akshell, Xernon,Aknutt, Dorri, Xerina, Zernon, Akling

Does the "Smite" make it so you can smite with any weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by ThrasherGT View Post
    Sorry to bug You about this, but can I put 3 runes on the armor (1 from each catagory)?
    Or is it just 1 rune?
    1 of each.

here's another for you...
    Soverign: Freezing Ice Guard
    LahstLahsteLausteLawstLawsteLlostLlosteLossteLosteLossteLosttLostte
    Legion Officer ≈ End discrimination. Hate everybody.
    Xorian ~ From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate....

Default Do they come in docents

or did one race just get shafted?

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Community Member

Oh dear, looks like AC evasion tanks just got screwed.

Oh dear lord of the loot, pls make one of the altars have a chance to make armor mithral.
    Phoenix Crusaders Kobacious Kobs Kobie Anzac-Aundair Testcase Kobdog Inkobnito

Default Forget that

do Warforged even HAVE armor options?!

You guys can get Mithral later while we have to choose to bolt it on at start.

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Quote Originally Posted by query View Post
    or did one race just get shafted?
    A Docent is availible for our metaloid companions
    LahstLahsteLausteLawstLawsteLlostLlosteLossteLosteLossteLosttLostte
    Legion Officer ≈ End discrimination. Hate everybody.
    Xorian ~ From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate....

Default We resent that remark!

We are made of mostly livewood so wooden or woody is the more pollitically correct....*whispered to* IT DOES?!...For FLESHIES?!....

I have been informed your sex-starved minds find one of the phrases not to be talked about in public so wooden is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawst View Post
    A Docent is availible for our metaloid companions

I AM, -- the truthseeker

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by query View Post
    do Warforged even HAVE armor options?!

You guys can get Mithral later while we have to choose to bolt it on at start.
    There is a docent and it gets +2 AC on it. Actually allows for some nice AC potential on a WF now

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast