Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WarCry hands on with Module 8

Like DDO? Like reading about DDO? If you answered yes to any of these questions (preferably both) then you'll love this article from WarCry, as they detail their hands-on experience with Module 8: Prisoners of Prophecy!

By far, my favorite of the four was the Air sub-dungeon, which was also the last. Unlike the other three, which were all in different types of caverns, the Air realm is essentially one big semi-spiral path that stretches high into the sky. To make things worse (or better, depending on your point of view), there aren't any railings, and wandering tornado-like elementals have a tendency to knock you high into the air. It's possible to land back on the platform, but it's also possible to fall off - which thankfully only brings you back to Sor'Jek's main chamber, so it's more of a nuisance than a fatal catastrophe.
    This part doesn't sound too promising. Granted, he wasn't an experienced player, but given the headaches air elementals have given players in the past, it could still be bad.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    This part doesn't sound too promising. Granted, he wasn't an experienced player, but given the headaches air elementals have given players in the past, it could still be bad.
    Is this the answer to the question: "what could be worse than Coalescence Chamber?"
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    Is this the answer to the question: "what could be worse than Coalescence Chamber?"
    Oh dear.............................................. ....................................
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Coal Chamber with air eles!! OMG I can't wait to hear voicechat! I may learn some more new words!
    Vorn, 30 Fighter
    Argo
    OSD

I thought the same thing when I read that...oh. great - more time on my back. Still, the high level quest sounds challenging and interesting overall. I really liked what I read.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Community Member

I found this quote to be all too true:

"All four were certainly entertaining, but the Air realm in particular had a great sense of "platformer" about it. The team intended the Sor'Jek timed quest to be completed by a coordinated, skilled group of players, said Paiz - it was meant to be challenging. Groups would have to split up, especially in the Air subdungeon, with players having to push buttons and pull levers to clear a path for their teammates. Though the team joked that they were "sadistic," Paiz explained that the DDO community was very, very resourceful. One of the biggest challenges for the developers was keeping up with their players and finding new ways to make them work for their rewards. "

Quote Originally Posted by Vorn View Post
    Coal Chamber with air eles!! OMG I can't wait to hear voicechat! I may learn some more new words!
    If it actually turns out to be like Coal Chamber with air eles, I may have to invent some new words
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Great...even the dev team knows this new coal with ele's is evil: "Though the team joked that they were sadistic"
    Last edited by Lorien the First One; 10-23-2008 at 02:45 PM.

If it actually turns out to be like Coal Chamber with air eles, I may have to invent some new words
    I especially want to run with one of our Qeubecois players. Oh the things I'd learn.

I especially want to run with one of our Qeubecois players. Oh the things I'd learn.
    Or Aussies. THAT would be interesting.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Acrobat II FTW
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

So instead of listening to players who the majority of hate things like col chamber and the pit, the go ahead and make something worse and on top add air eles... so let me get this strait

they make a mod that was supposed to have the lev cap increase according to devs in begining of year.. no cap increase....

they delay the mod for their new playtoy hirelings.. oh mod 8 will launch without them...

no raid.. no raid loot... no hamster wheel... umm

and now one of the few dungys we get is a complete waste of our time????

*wishes for pc parts to arrive sooner so he can go back to warhammer where the devs actually give two flying f'n leaps about their player base*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    *wishes for pc parts to arrive sooner so he can go back to warhammer where the devs actually give two flying f'n leaps about their player base*
    I will also wish for your PC parts to arrive sooner.

Krutz...the semi-new very versitile swear word for those situations where swearing would get you in trouble!
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Mekrab
    Khyber, Jesters Court

So instead of listening to players who the majority of hate things like col chamber and the pit, the go ahead and make something worse and on top add air eles... so let me get this strait

they make a mod that was supposed to have the lev cap increase according to devs in begining of year.. no cap increase....

they delay the mod for their new playtoy hirelings.. oh mod 8 will launch without them...

Ummm...lol you havent played the content let alone seen it and you already hate it?
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, unless they significantly changed how Air Elementals work, I imagine that the Air sub-quest is going to be very frustrating.

Note to Devs, Frustrating != Fun.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Well, unless they significantly changed how Air Elementals work, I imagine that the Air sub-quest is going to be very frustrating.

Note to Devs, Frustrating != Fun.
    I bet you another major mnemonic there will be short sight distances and pop-ups so you can't engage at least some of the ellies at range.

Default Ever hear of overnight shipping?

Those parts could have been there today, then we wouldn't have to see you tomorrow. Cya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast