Default Sublime Guild Event for level 1 characters

UPDATED (changed level 1 to level 2 to account for getting through Korthos Island)
    UPDATED (changed to Sunday afternoon)

A Festivus for the rest of us!
    Grand Prize: All participants will /roll for a chance at winning a slightly used Ring of Feathers donated by one of our fallen comrades!

Time: 4pm Eastern, Sunday

The events will be run by new level 2 Sublime characters. Any Heirloom items for re-rolled characters should be un-equiped.

Feats of Stealth: Stealthy Repo Normal. First 3 (maybe more if a lot of people show up) to finish with at least the 5% xp bonus for not killing win a prize from the guild bank.

Feats of Archery: Kobold Assault. Ranged weapons only, Top two kill counts (or top from each group if a lot of people show up) win a prize from the guild bank. Characters will attack from the gate and a higher level character will be in the back of the fort to cure/intimidate if you get in trouble.

Feats of Strength: After we are done we can head off to the taverns for some low-level pvp deathmatch fun.
    Last edited by Zornochio; 10-29-2008 at 04:46 PM.

For those of you not aware of who the Sublime are, here is our compendium page with a link to our website and a list of rules:

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Sublime_Permadeath_Guild

Community Member

Default When will permadeath

Be a feature in the game? Even a "i haven't died yet" tag somewhere or something?

But yeah i'd like to try this out, less zergging = more fun.
    Tortoise Jones WF 1rogue / 2ranger "my ninja turtle"
    Vaed Deadz human 2cleric / 1Ranger 100%awesome

Default Well

I was going to make a pali "no loved" PC for the SPDG anyway.

But I don't see how:

1) I would make it through the intro all the way to Misery's Peak to get to the events and stay L 1 only.

2) See any events that a Pallie could do. (Sneak, pffft, right. Archery? For ONCE I want to play a mix em up melee on Thelanis and you make THAT mandatory with there as a paladin being almost as many stats as monk to worry about?!)

Well, guess I could stop by for the /roll and waving my strike card "Pallies STILL get no love, even in Permadeath!"

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Quote Originally Posted by query View Post
    But I don't see how:

1) I would make it through the intro all the way to Misery's Peak to get to the events and stay L 1 only.
    DOH! you're right.

The original plan was to do it before Mod 8 so players would run goodblades and get their 4ap and maybe a lucky pull or two (Kobold Assault is level 3 after all), but I thought it would be a nice little guild promotion with the new character slots. I guess I'll have to up it to level 2

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

How about feats of healing for us clerics/bards?
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

I tried to work other types in but I'm a little lacking in the WIS/INT department. A few too many ogre blows to the head over the last 2.5 years

Community Member Krysta_Shadowvol's Avatar

Default Can anybody Join?

Do you have to already be a member of the Sublime or can anybody who wants to roll a new character and try it out join?

I've considered it in the past for the challenge factor & this seems like a good opportunity to meet some of the Players.
    "Ask directions from a genie In a bottle of Jim Beam and she lies to you"

It's scheduled for after the release of Mod 8 so anybody that wants to try PD with the new character slot can join the guild and participate.

Just a note that you don't NEED to do the Korthos stuff. You can transport right into the Harbor after doing the Tutorial. You'll be lacking in gear, but you can do it.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Default Will it still be this Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Zornochio View Post
    UPDATED (changed level 1 to level 2 to account for getting through Korthos Island)

A Festivus for the rest of us!
    Grand Prize: All participants will /roll for a chance at winning a slightly used Ring of Feathers donated by one of our fallen comrades!

Time: 10pm Eastern, Friday after Mod 8 is released (the following week if released on a Friday)
    The events will be run by new level 2 Sublime characters. Any Heirloom items for re-rolled characters should be un-equipped.

Feats of Stealth: Stealthy Repo Normal. First 3 (maybe more if a lot of people show up) to finish with at least the 5% xp bonus for not killing win a prize from the guild bank.

Feats of Archery: Kobold Assault. Ranged weapons only, Top two kill counts (or top from each group if a lot of people show up) win a prize from the guild bank. Characters will attack from the gate and a higher level character will be in the back of the fort to cure/intimidate if you get in trouble.

Feats of Strength: After we are done we can head off to the taverns for some low-level pvp deathmatch fun.
    I have my New Character ready to go but I was wondering one thing and that is with Mod 8 being released this Wednesday and Friday Being Halloween I thought I would Ask if this is still going to Happen or will the Date be changed?
    Last edited by Krysta Shadowvol; 10-29-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: fixed wording

Default Do you need to knwo her name?

Sorry to bother you again but do you need to know the name of the character we plan on bringing? If so let me know and i will post it.

Don't have to post the name, just look for any guild members online and send one a tell asking for an invite. Let them know you are new so they can answer any questions you may have.

And with Friday being Halloween I'll probably be one of about 7 people online , Hopefully Sunday afternoon at 4pm Eastern will work for most people, I'll update the original post.. again :P

Default See you Sunday

Thank's look forward to seeing you on sunday and giving pd a try.