Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I already rolled a toon very similar to this. I went with rogue haste IV instead of the marks... The rogue haste stacks with acrobat (q-staff) which stacks with monk air stance (q-staff) which stacks with haste ... yum. Also keep you eye out for the q-staff ( the sickle ) that drops from the titan raid ... it's a finessable 2 hander.
    Intelligence is like a 4x4. Lots of fun to get out in the wilderness and drive around, but remember if you get stuck, your all alone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phenx View Post
    lol my main pulled a chattering 3rd run.

I already have enough ingredients socked away for 3 3rd tier shroud items

ANNNNDDDD..... halflings are the master race.
    Definitely no arguement on the master race

and I am trying not to hate you for your lucky pull

3rd tier shroud is mainly an option... in the sense that the only reason I have only completed one item is that i dislike the shroud grind. Totally personal there, but I will agree that the gear effects can be nice. (love the litenin strike effect)
    Fyshie the Tasty, of Thelanis
    Notit of Khyber
    I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewcipher View Post
    Shyv has some very interesting build ideas. I used one, and didn't mess it up too bad. Still looking for icy rainments though. As of now: 56 self AC with just barksin and CE, possible for 65 (short burst, so I don't really count it). Str based TWF ranger/fighter/monk.

OP - interesting build. Hope it's fun! Let us know how it turns out!

P.S. Chattering ring dropped on 2nd titan run - I know...I'm a jerk.
    I am also trying not to hate you for YOUR luck

Really the only things I had "issue" with was the shroud item. I initially couldnt recall the stats on the icy, but TP set me straight. And as I mentioned a post or two above this one, the "issue" I have with GS is purely personal. Definitely no reason to dissuade the OP in his goals.

On a more relevant note, My 1rgr/10rog Acrobat absolutely loves his Q-Staff, unfortunately, I only have one decent one (a nice little W/E beater). Still on a quest to find others. <managed to get him a disruptor, but he cant use till 12 >
    Fyshie the Tasty, of Thelanis
    Notit of Khyber
    I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

Ill give it my best shot... mind you I figured it out late last night, but it worked then

10 Base
    10 Dex
    6 Wis
    7 armor bracers (hoping for 8)
    3 chattering ring
    3 seal of the earth (or bark pot)
    5 protection
    1 Ac ritual
    1 Air Stance
    1 Halfling

Thats 47 unbuffed...with moderately easy gear to get 48 with harder.

4 more for icy raiments and hes at 51 (remove prot 5 item)

+4 shield click or wand for 55

Click off a full barkskin... bard buffs... uncanny dodge and you get the idea. (could even do a shroud +4 ac weap but prolly wont)

As for hit points
    30 for GFL
    18 for Minos
    45 for shroud item
    18 more for toughness feat
    10 Gianthold favor
    with a 24 con...

Puts him at what 348? I think Check my math please..it was all on paper at my desk at home.

The saves I havent worked out yet but monk + halfy and he should be high 20's low 30's on all.

And BAB +11 which gets me the 4 animations so 2 of which will do glancing blows (will use a dp clickie occasionally to go full BAB & get the 5th swing Im shure)
    So how are you getting 24 con then? It looks like you are already assuming +3 tomes for some of your stats; but without the breakdown I'm obviously somewhat guessing. Are you assuming rage? That's AC penalties if so.

Please don't take my comments hatefully. I played with Str / QStaff builds for a while - but never found one that could get AC high enough to matte - hence my searching for exactness if this build will do it.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    So how are you getting 24 con then? It looks like you are already assuming +3 tomes for some of your stats; but without the breakdown I'm obviously somewhat guessing. Are you assuming rage? That's AC penalties if so.
    Aye Im basing end stats off of +2 and some +3 tomes... With their availability now it only makes sence to plan accordingly. +2's can be assumed for all stats... +3's happen but with some work.

I did not account any buffs into the figures unless stated. With all the rages his con and str go thru the roof.

The reality is as well that with the dragonmarks his hit point pool is exponential...those 5 full heals (270-440pt) alone he will be carrying will be able to top him off.

Please don't take my comments hatefully. I played with Str / QStaff builds for a while - but never found one that could get AC high enough to matte - hence my searching for exactness if this build will do it.
    No hate assumed

I have been tinkering with quarterstaff builds for a while... this one looks very promising so far, others have died horrible deaths, and I will keep updates coming ot show the progress.

At 3rd level He solo'd waterwoks normal and used 13 potions... decent indication of potential... With Powerattack on, a bulls strength, his cleave attack 1 shots all the kobolds. Group them up.. pop a diplo... then cleave Seeing 22 + 9 + 3 to each. (non crit) With a rr Halfling +1 frost righteous quarterstaff.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane333 View Post
    I already rolled a toon very similar to this. I went with rogue haste IV instead of the marks... The rogue haste stacks with acrobat (q-staff) which stacks with monk air stance (q-staff) which stacks with haste ... yum. Also keep you eye out for the q-staff ( the sickle ) that drops from the titan raid ... it's a finessable 2 hander.
    Oh he will have all tiers of the rouges haste boost...

My only concern is if the dual sicle from the titan raid will un-center him... ??? Have you played with it yet?
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Also as a variation you could do CE... the stat points are built into it...but.. meh Id rather have the power attack.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

So your starting con is 13... and ending con is 24. How?

13 +3 tome = 16 +6 item = 22 - 2 air stance (since you said you were using it) = 20...

Even though it isn't stated, it looks like you are putting your level up points into Str? And assuming a +3 tome there also?

PS you must have much better luck wthan me with +3 tomes. I just passed 400 total reavers on all my guys last week, and only one of my characters has eaten more than 1 +3 tome (my barb has eaten dex and int - whoopee).
    Last edited by Samadhi; 09-23-2008 at 11:09 AM.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

So your starting con is 13... and ending con is 24. How?

13 +3 tome = 16 +6 item = 22 - 2 air stance (since you said you were using it) = 20...
    It is a 22 same as Ghinsuu... I mistyped it yesterday (was extrememly tired) I thought I fixed it tho, fixing OP now. Me and my buddy worked it to be 320ish HP without the additional toughness feat... so figure high 330-340 ish at 16th...with all additions possible.

Air stance use will vary according to plan... When Hasted I will switch to fire stance and get the strength bonus... Since which is more deadly is 3.5% alacrity or +1 th and +1 damage. Dunno...I suppose it will vary based on stat damaging vs dps.

Unhasted however it will certainly be air.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Meh I already have a seriously high dps twf kopesh fighter.
    The point is to do something different.
    Not be another stat damaging piercing spec'd rouge.

Sides with the speed and power attack he might actually do some decent damage, we shall see. Hes kicking tail so far.
    I am just saying, build for the future as well. If you're going to invest all the time into levelling, raiding, crafting, then give him enough DEX to fulfill the most useful feat combination. Reachable which +3 tome which it looks like it is now is probably fine. Give him enough INT to reach CE for survivability.

Whatever DPS you contribute on top of the TWF equivalent, I don't think you can compensate for what you're losing.

What you're giving up is the combination of radianceII (on a high crit-range weapon with a weakening or enfeebling offhand) and crippling strike which is one of the most powerful offense and defensive combinations in the game. When I'm looking to fill a hound, a VOD or a Shroud LFM, a rogue with this combination is near the top of my desired list.
    Khyber::Ransack::Taomoat(wis monk), Tamat (fvs), Moat(pally)

Even though it isn't stated, it looks like you are putting your level up points into Str? And assuming a +3 tome there also?
    Yes all 4 level ups & +3 to str... then the dex levels come from The enhancement lines I know itll be 3 - 5 points for that for a 28-30 dex...Im not shure how the enhancement shakedown will happen just yet... I could use one of the builder programs but MEH.. I know the idea and I will tweak it as I go along to make it work right. Then I will post the optimal results and anything I would have modified. More fun that way lol.

I have had good luck so far... Have 3 +3's on Ghinsuu and 2 on Pyro... Reaver is horrid for them (although for Ghins 20th he got a choice of 3), really good chance on the shroud and hound and vision tho...

So while it will not be immediate... I built the stats to compensate for them... and the reality is that that lil +1 He will be loosing while waiting for the tomes shouldn't break the build, if they do... then the build isnt very good to start... itll be a few more hit points... 1 more to hit... or a lil more ac.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf33 View Post
    I am just saying, build for the future as well. If you're going to invest all the time into levelling, raiding, crafting, then give him enough DEX to fulfill the most useful feat combination. Reachable which +3 tome which it looks like it is now is probably fine. Give him enough INT to reach CE for survivability.

Whatever DPS you contribute on top of the TWF equivalent, I don't think you can compensate for what you're losing.

What you're giving up is the combination of radianceII (on a high crit-range weapon with a weakening or enfeebling offhand) and crippling strike which is one of the most powerful offense and defensive combinations in the game. When I'm looking to fill a hound, a VOD or a Shroud LFM, a rogue with this combination is near the top of my desired list.
    Still... to my knowledge no one has done a build like this.. so its potential is undetermined. I am building for the future... I've always wanted a good quarterstaff toon.

And yes I realize Im not building a radiance rouge... Its ok, as shocking as that is Im ok with that. I do not plan on re-specing him. I had a dps kopesh/kukuri str based tempest rouge... and meh he was a squishy version of my main that didnt do as much damage and only swung marginally faster.

I will be on the hunt for a w/e quarterstaff to use a lot Id imagine.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

PS you must have much better luck wthan me with +3 tomes. I just passed 400 total reavers on all my guys last week, and only one of my characters has eaten more than 1 +3 tome (my barb has eaten dex and int - whoopee).
    Don't bother looking for +3 tomes from the Reaver... get them from the Shroud 20th, 40th, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf33 View Post
    Give him enough INT to reach CE for survivability.
    He has enough already... with the dragonmarks it should be unnecessary.

Ghinsuu runs around in the sub with a 45 ac (unbuffed) and has absolutely no problems. If he gets low... dragonmark... and keep on fighting.
    Last edited by The Phenx; 09-23-2008 at 11:50 AM.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane333 View Post
    Stance haste does not stack with a haste spell.
    Guilds: Prophets of the New Republic & Revenents Khyber
    Active:
    Clean 18barb/2ftr Cleen 20arti Kleaner 20monk Darkstaar Dark Knight Psyborg 20sorc Warrwitch 20wiz Roque 19rog/1mnk Killeric 18fvs/2monk AA Duality Helves Angel
    Builds: Helves Angel Hurtlocker Dark Knight Riddle of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star View Post
    Stance haste does not stack with a haste spell.
    As of Mod 8 the monk haste stance will give a bonus that stacks with haste also.
    Archangels
    ~Shyvik~
    Old school Tharashk player since '06

Right, as I already pointed out on page one.

from what they have told us, the stacking portion will be 3.5% for tier one stance.
    The poster was implying that they stack on his current build, which they do not.
    Guilds: Prophets of the New Republic & Revenents Khyber
    Active:
    Clean 18barb/2ftr Cleen 20arti Kleaner 20monk Darkstaar Dark Knight Psyborg 20sorc Warrwitch 20wiz Roque 19rog/1mnk Killeric 18fvs/2monk AA Duality Helves Angel
    Builds: Helves Angel Hurtlocker Dark Knight Riddle of Steel

Community Member

Looks like another build that is truly gimp to Drakyn the almighty, hero of stormreach. But thats cool Ghin, keep trying to match me. It wont ever happen :P, ill hopefully seeya in game in a few months. peacee

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star View Post
    Right, as I already pointed out on page one.
    The poster was implying that they stack on his current build, which they do not.
    Nope but whats wrong with planning for 2 or 3 weeks from now?
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Quote Originally Posted by Drakyn View Post
    Looks like another build that is truly gimp to Drakyn the almighty, hero of stormreach. But thats cool Ghin, keep trying to match me. It wont ever happen :P, ill hopefully seeya in game in a few months. peacee
    Rofl you ready to try and take down the king baby?

Ghin has had some time to polish out the dents in his armor and sharpen his swords.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast