Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2379

I don't think any of us know. It really depends on the shape of the new enhancements.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Ploks View Post
    This may have already been said but I will ask again. With the new enhancement changes coming in the future, how will multiclassed acrobats be effected? I ask because my acrobat is currently being leveled as a 13r/6f/1m and I'm just wondering if the enhancement changes will really mess him up or not. Would love to hear some feedback.
    It may or may not make that split a good choice, but I get the feeling the changes (whatever they end up being) will be a great thing for acrobats. For one, our enhancement line is being reworked, so things may be more worthwhile for acrobats. Two, racial PrEs? Multiple options from other same class PrE lines? That opens up tons of possibilities. It may even make it possible to make an acrobat with no levels of rogue. The build possibilities this expansion is promising are enormous!
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member

I've searched for some time but I couldn't really find an answer to my question.

Why do so many people choose THF over Cleave? I think cleave would be great for an acrobat cause you get sneak attacks on every target and sneak attack is the main damage source of a rogue right? Also, those glancing hits are only gonna get you more aggro.

I don't know that much about DDO so the answer might be very obvious without me realizing it.

Community Member

I will let others more knowlegable give you an answer. I had read this thread that has opinions about it.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=366691

This post specifically mentions acrobat rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Viciouspika View Post
    I can only think of two situations where cleave/greater cleave > THF chain. The First being a debuffer/paralyzers as supot stated. The second is an acrobat rogue. All my acrobats have at least cleave. The only reason is that sneak attack damage doesn't proc on the THF chain. I works well on CC'd mobs and intimidated mobs in normal and epic quests.
    I have Cleave and THF line and am debating on taking Great Cleave as well myself.
    Maybe we can get better info from staff users.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zipwire View Post
    -
    Yea I found that post as well.
    But how are you gonna fit in Great Cleave, by splashing I assume? I was thinking of making a pure acrobat rogue with cleave. Cleave would be really nice with that SA damage, but I won't be able to fit in Great Cleave and the entire THF line. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best thing to do.

Community Member

My toon is based on the YASH build.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=302408

I can't comment with too much helpful info as this is my first acrobat staff using toon.
    I have it at level 14 and it is fun to play.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jojojakes View Post
    I've searched for some time but I couldn't really find an answer to my question.

Why do so many people choose THF over Cleave? I think cleave would be great for an acrobat cause you get sneak attacks on every target and sneak attack is the main damage source of a rogue right? Also, those glancing hits are only gonna get you more aggro.

I don't know that much about DDO so the answer might be very obvious without me realizing it.
    Cleave is better in grouping. THF is better for soloing.

Needless to say the min max people can do the math on the THF so it propagates itself as better.

The math of cleave has too many assumptions and depends on player skills to much.
    Khyber:
    Lunality, Sorcality, Tunality, Axation, Causation, Shurality, Desparality, Stingality and a few more...
    Behind every good melee there stands a row of 5 monkchers making the melee feel better.

Hey all, Love stick builds and am doing a few in my Completionist lives what GS weapon would you make first Lit2 or Rad2 Weapon? Thanks in advance.

-Squee
    ~~Squee Tinyfist-Halfling Monk Legend ~~ Unex Dawnstar- Robot Wizard ~~Raksara the Shadow-Gimp Rogue ~~ Illania Del'Puaga-Drow Favored Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Rellos View Post
    Hey all, Love stick builds and am doing a few in my Completionist lives what GS weapon would you make first Lit2 or Rad2 Weapon? Thanks in advance.

-Squee
    Neither*

Save yourself the GS mats, and get yourself a Dreamspitter. Unsurpress it and Unlock it, and it will be a great TRing weapon for getting your XP in the Vale/IQ and Amrath packs from 14-20.

+5
    Holy
    Force Burst
    Greater Evil Outsider Bane
    Life-Draining

Works best with Improved Critical: Blunt.

* Best Weapon Choice may be hindered by my complete love of everything Dreamspitter orientated
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Wink

Yes, a fully upgraded dreamspitter is awesome
    When I finished mine, I found myself unable to keep myself from pulling aggro on harry ever again, even if I don't have silver cast on it and switch to threat reducing stuff. This was quite different from before, where I only pulled occasionally and only when i boosted

Honestly, keep your gs mats. If you really feel the need for a nice weapon between the time where others would be picking up a gs weapon, but you still have to wait to get your dreamspitter back. (12 for gs, 14 for dreampsitter) Get yourself a low plus paralyzer. Go run giant hold slayers and walk ups. You will be disgusted by the amount of stuff you can keep paralyzed permanently as an acrobat, especially if you've scored cleave by then. When I was leveling my acrobat through the 11 to 15ish range, I did little other than the occasional pug gianthold quest and go clear the giant hold slayer are, with no need to rest. Got to about 40 minutes a clear. Fists of light and a paralzyer at that level, you're pretty much indestructable. And if you happen to have halfling dragonmarks too...

Well let's just call you unstoppable force, the kind that defeats immovable objects

Community Member

Quick question: Why is quick draw considered important in some of the builds (ugly stick has it). I know the obvious switching staves takes less time but is that really the only perk? Why would it be considered important? Does it make the second of lag while casting rogue haste boost not happen?

Its considered essential for builds that switch weapons often, and for ones that use multiple boosts

consider this: switch from <this weapon> to <other weapon>, click uncanny dodge, haste boost, showtime, and human versatility damage boost.

without quick draw i loose a good five seconds of swinging, and taking those off of my boosts makes them a lot less effective
    with quick draw its maybe a second and a half, on a bad day

Admittedly this is extreme, but for builds that have such occurrences yes, its a very nifty thing to have

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechWarrior View Post
    Its considered essential for builds that switch weapons often, and for ones that use multiple boosts

consider this: switch from <this weapon> to <other weapon>, click uncanny dodge, haste boost, showtime, and human versatility damage boost.

without quick draw i loose a good five seconds of swinging, and taking those off of my boosts makes them a lot less effective
    with quick draw its maybe a second and a half, on a bad day

Admittedly this is extreme, but for builds that have such occurrences yes, its a very nifty thing to have
    Thanks Tech

So it does make you able to swing while boosting (uncanny/R haste etc...)? Still not clear on that part.

Sadly, no it does not make you swing while boosting. (I drooled a little bit at the thought of that actually, improved quick draw anyone?)

It just cuts the cooldown before you can do anything other than stand there stupidly to negligible times. Try a before and after thing to see just how much difference it is, its really nice.

So, im looking to make an Acrobat Ronk as my Alt. Whats the current best basic build i can build off of? been away for a few months so not sure what works anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

First off, best is subjective.

That being said, before we can decide what is best, we need to know what we're looking for, and how basic you're looking to build.

Now if you're really looking to make an acrobat, my opinion is that you need to make sure you plan at least 13 rogue levels. The second tier of the prestige class gives knockdown immunity and a speed increase, both of which are too tasty to pass up. This also nets you two rogue feats, which should be spent on opportunist and improved evasion.
    Opportunist because rogues love stabbing you in the back, and this allows us to do this more often. Improved evasion for the 'I no longer die on a 1' thing, which is also very nice

At that point you need to look at your monk levels (you did say ronk). There's really three ways to go here, and its completely up to you.
    First is to go the dark path way and get shadow fade. This requires 6 levels of monk, only leaving you one more. This will give you effectively permanent invisibility, and 25% incorporealness, which stacks with concealment. This makes you very durable. At this point you have one more level, my suggestion would be either fighter, for the feat and hps (you did take toughness right? fighter enhancements get you 10 more); or monk, for tier 2 heal amp. This is also very nifty, and should not be dismissed lightly.

A second idea is to take light path. This only requires 3 levels of monk, but doesn't get you awesome shadow fade. However, you get fists of light and light path finishers, which even if you ignore the healing from fists of light, will make it easier to get into higher level content. (lots of people leap at the chance for someone to cast aligning the heavens on their healers, and grasp of the dragon on everyone) Fists of light is a really nice thing to have for soloing, see my aforementioned soloing of gianthold stuff in the 11 to 15 range with a paralyzer. You've got four levels to play around with here, which has lots of possibilities. I took my monk levels to 7 for the 2nd tier stances and heal amp (they didn't have fancy things like monk pre's when this decision was made) You could take 4 levels of fighter, getting you 2 more total feats than the ninja spy (3 if you include not taking dodge) and get 28 hps here (20 toughness enhancements, 8 for the levels over monk). This is only 2 options though, 4 levels is enough to throw nifty tricks from lots of angles.

A third idea is to take exactly one level of monk. This gives you almost nothing from being a monk except the stances and a single martial arts feat. However, it also gives you 6 levels to play with, giving you lots of room for customization.

Personally, I went 13 rogue/7 light path monk. If <sigh> lets face it, when I finally get around tr'ing, which daunts me more than just a little. I will probably finish 13 rogue/6 monk/1 fighter and switch to ninja spy

Thanks for all the info. Im looking at the 13/6/1 dark monk version. What would you say are th essential feats that i MUST get (other than toughness).
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

Power attack, 2hf line, dodge (for ninja), imp crit blunt, quick draw (especially if you're going human or half elf)
    Toughness
    After that, flavor to taste (mine has the halfling dragonmark line for instance)

I did 13/6(dark)/1 fighter as a halfling, with the healing dragonmarks.

My feats are
    THF x 3
    Marks x 3
    Opportunist
    Improved evasion
    Toughness
    Dodge
    IC: Blunt
    Power attack
    Skill focus: UMD

The dark monk fade is awesome; I definately recommend it.

Now that I've been at cap a little while I find I don't use the healing marks much; especially since sf: UMD means no fail heal scrolls. I'm thinking of swapping them out for some more DPS. I really wish I had quick draw. Being able to use a paralyzer until it procs and then switch to a vampiric staff would be great.

Good luck.

My feat list looks like this:
    13 rogue/7 monk
    2hf x3
    Halfling mark x3
    toughness
    imp crit: blunt
    quick draw
    imp evasion
    opportunist
    power attack

I agree, i totally use the marks less now that Im at cap, but they are very useful for when you can't get a scroll off. (beholders, failed concentration)

or if you need two heal timers

Edit: added power attack to the list
    Last edited by TechWarrior; 04-10-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast