Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69
  1. #41
    Community Member Kaldaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thadar69 View Post

    *Edit* I did want to say that the Help channel is decidedly unhelpful. I have been logged into that the previous three nights and am either alone with my thoughts or no answers have been forthcoming from others within (probably others like me).
    I thought the help channel wasn't coming until MOD 9 officially hits ...


    And Thadar, if you really want to go slowly through the quests, that's fine, you just need to join the groups that are like minded. A good thing for a cleric to do is to start your own lfm, saying 'no zerging please' or 'new player going slow' or something like that. Believe me, the zergers will avoid your lfm like the plague lol


    Unfortunately, I cannot help you out except with some money cuz as you can see from my sig below, I have 10 characters (the max with one account) all well above Korthos levels
    Last edited by Kaldaka; 07-23-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

    Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

  2. #42

    Default

    I have been on Tombo almost everynight this past week...

    Have you tried adding names to your friends list? You hit the "O" key to open the S.o.cial panel and hit the "Friends" tab. There is an entry field at the top and a space in the bottom where you can add a comment so you don't forget who is who.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  3. #43
    Community Member Zpenergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    4

    Talking

    Hey everyone it's cool to know there is a thread like this to help out people who have been away for a long time. I started in Beta but have only really played once or twice since... I recently rejoined and have a level 6 paladin. I'm looking for guild whose main focus isn't so much on leveling but just enjoying the progression of your character, quests and company you're with. I would actually love to start over with a fun group who don't mind taking it a bit slow for those of us that haven't experienced much of the game yet. My work schedule is haphazard so my gaming time isn't real steady. It's nice to meet everyone and see you in Eberron!

  4. #44

    Default

    Hi Z,

    Welcome back. You might want to also post in the Thelanis Guilds thread.

    See you in game.
    Last edited by Clay; 08-24-2009 at 11:08 AM.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  5. #45
    Community Member gorloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Hi Z,

    Welcome back. You might want to also post in the Thelanis Guild thread.

    See you in game.
    What Clay said. Alot of people who would be willing to help you get started are in guilds that aren't recruiting.


    PIXA
    Xoriat Born
    DWAT
    Pixa 20 rogue, Healza 20 Cleric, Biteza 20 tempest ranger, Casstza 12 sorc, Singza 20 bard, Kickza 13 barb, Nodda 8 fvs

  6. #46
    Community Member DarkPhilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    66

    Default

    There's a mentoring program now? "I'm out of it for a little while, and everybody gets delusions of grandeur."
    Vendarak Carlisle - Drow Cleric | Tanxx - Dwarven Fighter

  7. #47
    Community Member Letrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    This thing still alive?


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  8. #48

    Default

    yes
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  9. #49
    Community Member paleodian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default Mentoring Program

    Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread and would like to have a mentor. I'm new to DDO but not to DnD or online gaming. I'm a little older than most here, and while I won't say how old, let's just say I was playing D&D in the late 70's and still do from time to time so I'm very familiar with the rules and other nuances of the game. I am an archaeologist by trade and work through the week, but usually I play in the evenings and on weekends as a form of stress relief. Right now, I play with my son (sometimes when he's not in a group) but would really like some guidance on the finer points of the game. I mostly quest alone, due to the fact that I really don't know anyone yet. I have a lvl 9 sorcerer named Fahfred, and a lvl 4 Drow Ranger named Elaris. I use headphones and a mic when playing, and like to take my time in a dungeon or quest, as I try to think of strategy as I go. I really don't like rushing through an adventure, but so far this method seems to be the status quo from the people I've played with, which is why I usually quest alone. So far, I think I have the AI of the game figured out, but could use advice on the little idiocyncracies of the game such as which weapons, which armor, enhancements, ect. I have purchased the following adventure packs, and have completed them all on normal (a few on hard and elite)

    Tangleroot Gorge

    Delara's Tomb

    The Catacombs

    Sorrowdusk Isle

    The Sharn Syndicate

    I'm usually on every day around 4 p.m. CST and tend to be on weekends alot. I would really appreciate any advice or help anyone could offer. Just /tell me in game or PM me here. Thanks everyone.
    DEMONS ASYLUM
    Fahfred (TR 3rd life Arti lvl 25) Elaris (TR 3rd life Sorc lvl19) Falrim (TR 3rd life Wizard lvl15) Gmouser (TR Rogue/Assassin Level 20)

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paleodian View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread and would like to have a mentor. I'm new to DDO but not to DnD or online gaming. I'm a little older than most here, and while I won't say how old, let's just say I was playing D&D in the late 70's and still do from time to time so I'm very familiar with the rules and other nuances of the game. I am an archaeologist by trade and work through the week, but usually I play in the evenings and on weekends as a form of stress relief. Right now, I play with my son (sometimes when he's not in a group) but would really like some guidance on the finer points of the game. I mostly quest alone, due to the fact that I really don't know anyone yet. I have a lvl 9 sorcerer named Fahfred, and a lvl 4 Drow Ranger named Elaris. I use headphones and a mic when playing, and like to take my time in a dungeon or quest, as I try to think of strategy as I go. I really don't like rushing through an adventure, but so far this method seems to be the status quo from the people I've played with, which is why I usually quest alone. So far, I think I have the AI of the game figured out, but could use advice on the little idiocyncracies of the game such as which weapons, which armor, enhancements, ect. I have purchased the following adventure packs, and have completed them all on normal (a few on hard and elite)

    Tangleroot Gorge

    Delara's Tomb

    The Catacombs

    Sorrowdusk Isle

    The Sharn Syndicate

    I'm usually on every day around 4 p.m. CST and tend to be on weekends alot. I would really appreciate any advice or help anyone could offer. Just /tell me in game or PM me here. Thanks everyone.
    Add these alts: Azraeil/Liteweight/Poetic/Tombo/Hellinna/Charybdis/Hemaskas to your friends list and catch me in game. We can arrange a time where we can work together or, if we see each other with nothing pressing then just go at it.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  11. #51
    Community Member paleodian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Add these alts: Azraeil/Liteweight/Poetic/Tombo/Hellinna/Charybdis/Hemaskas to your friends list and catch me in game. We can arrange a time where we can work together or, if we see each other with nothing pressing then just go at it.
    Thank you Clay for the offer of help. I really do appreciate it, and I'll try not to wear you out with stupid questions.
    DEMONS ASYLUM
    Fahfred (TR 3rd life Arti lvl 25) Elaris (TR 3rd life Sorc lvl19) Falrim (TR 3rd life Wizard lvl15) Gmouser (TR Rogue/Assassin Level 20)

  12. #52

    Default

    I forgot to add in the post above... please list the names of guys you will most likely be on
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  13. #53
    Community Member paleodian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I forgot to add in the post above... please list the names of guys you will most likely be on
    I currently have 2 alts, Fahfred lvl 9 Sorcerer (1 rank from lvl 10) and Elaris, a lvl 4 Drow ranger. I have been playing the sorcerer alot lately, so most likely that's who will be on. By the way, last night I recieved a tell from someone asking if I wanted to do a quest on elite and I declined. I did not recognize the name and didn't feel comfortable doing it. If it was anyone here, I apologize. I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm just not familiar enough with in game communication to undertake a quest with someone I don't know. As I mentioned before, I use the headphone alot because I don't like to come to a complete stop in a dungeon to type a message. I use the mouse to navigate and have not done the keyboard to move around. I know this puts me at a disadvantage sometimes, especially when trying to give a hireling orders in combat, but right now its how I roll. Thanks in advance for your help. I really could use the advice.
    DEMONS ASYLUM
    Fahfred (TR 3rd life Arti lvl 25) Elaris (TR 3rd life Sorc lvl19) Falrim (TR 3rd life Wizard lvl15) Gmouser (TR Rogue/Assassin Level 20)

  14. #54

    Default

    Paleodian, I will be online on Sunday from 2AM EST to about 10AM EST, off and on in that time period. If I see you, let's get some stuff done... if not, will catch you on Sunday evening, from about 9PM EST till 12AM.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  15. #55
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default looking for some information

    Hello,
    I am new to the game and was wondering what servers are best for Eastern time US. I have started playing on cannith with a friend, but we are both trying to learn the game. Are there any good sites to read for information like crafting, raid mechanics, ect...?

    My in game name is mystrell or seriden

    thanks for any help
    seriden

  16. #56

    Default

    Well, there are, I imagine, people on all servers on EST. As for sites... the DDOWiki is good, but seems to be down... otherwise, just group with people... the people that seem to know what they are doing and were fun to run with add to your fiends list and try and group with them more.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  17. #57
    Community Member paleodian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default Many Thanks

    After applying to the mentor program on this forum, last night I was contacted by Clay and "shown the ropes" so to speak. I would just like to thank Clay and the members of his guild (Midevil, Danika, Hamsterdance, and the others) who graciously gave up their game time to offer me help. The information on the game that I recieved from them was more valuable to me than anything that I could find in a chest while adventuring. Not only did they take the time to explain what they were doing, they took the time to tell me how and why they were doing it. Not only am I now more confident in what I am doing because of the information they shared, but I feel I can become a better player as a result. Many thanks everyone. If I can ever find a way to return the favor I will. I am already trying to pay forward what you did for me by helping my son and his friends with all of the info and other help you provided me. Thank you so much, it really meant alot.
    DEMONS ASYLUM
    Fahfred (TR 3rd life Arti lvl 25) Elaris (TR 3rd life Sorc lvl19) Falrim (TR 3rd life Wizard lvl15) Gmouser (TR Rogue/Assassin Level 20)

  18. #58
    Community Member pandalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    85

    Default Baby player seeks mentor

    Hi all

    I'm a new player to DDO (and MMORPGs in general), although I have played PnP AD&D way back when. Also single-player games like Neverwinter Nights, etc. I've gotten the hang of the very basics, and I'd now like to hook up with some players or groups to learn more. Like how to use the $£!*$ ice jump without sucking horribly.

    My current (and only) character is a wiz 4 / rog 2, called Meeeeeh Meep. I'm based in the UK timezone, and I mostly play evenings during the week, or on weekends. My availibility is a bit random at the moment, but I should be able to fit to a schedule as necessary. I don't use a microphone at this stage.

    I have Tangleroot (which I'm currently soloing through) and Sharn Syndicate (which I've finished on elite), plus some odds and ends of higher level stuff.

    I do keep a fairly close eye on the forums, so feel free to PM me here, or catch me in-game.

  19. #59

    Default

    You can add Overweight/Kami/Gidur/Azraeil/Liteweight to your friends list (or others from my signature) and next time you log on and see me, send me a tell and we can arrange a time to get together.

    see you in game.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  20. #60
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10

    Talking

    Hi all, im a newish cleric level 5 just looking to pick up a few pointers. Im Australian based, so if you can spare a few minutes would be muchly appretiated

    send a tell in game to "Llewiz"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload