Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Stormreach Chronicle

Welcome to the Chronicle - a weekly look at what's happening around the forums! Read on for tips, community spotlights, Turbine info, and more!

Letter from the Editors

"We're very happy to bring you this regular weekly feature, filled with spotlights on the great player activities around the DDO forums and in game! You'll also be able to find summaries of recent Turbine discussions and news, and links to helpful resources. Be on the lookout for rotating features in the Chronicle, and more segments. If you're interested in sending a submission in for the Chronicle you're more than welcome to contact any member of our Community Team. Please keep in mind that due to the volume of requests, we might not always be able to feature all submissions we receive. We appreciate your readership, and hope you enjoy the Chronicle!
    - The DDO Community Team

It was a musical time on the forums when Deaths_ward asked players what their theme song is when they play DDO.

Honorable mention goes to baddax for their thread Old school PNP rules/moments

Be on the look out for the announcement of the next Thread of the Week in the News and Announcement forums later this week!

The following guilds are looking for more adventurers. Learn more about them here!

Mortal Voyage, of the Argonnessen server
    Compendium Page: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Morta...rmadeath_Guild
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=127206

"Mortal Voyage of Argo is the largest and most active permadeath guild in DDO. Our tough rule set is inspired by classic paper and pencil campaigns. We welcome new members any time. As Mondays are lowbie night, that's a great time to start. Visit our website at www.mortalvoyage.com"

Lifetakers and Heartbreakers, of the Ghallanda server
    Compendium Page: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Lifet..._Heartbreakers
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=151095

"The Lifetakers and Heartbreakers guild (L&H) has been active on Ghallanda for over two years. Our goal has always been to provide a relaxed environment that focuses on building strong friendships, an environment based on teamwork and a recognition that this is a game - real life comes first. We do not have any class, level or character race limitations. All members must be committed to fun, teamwork and respect for each other. Anyone committed to these principles and want to make the DDO game as fun as possible are encouraged to join."

Adventure Inc, of the Khyber server
    Compendium Page: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Adventure_Inc.

"We have a liberal policy when it comes to gaming: Adventure with guild members or with non-guild members, just so long as you Adventure Well. If you are new to Stormreach we will take time to guide and equip you in your journeys; we never abandon a guild mate in need. Looking forward to seeing you grow with us in the wonderful city of Stormreach!"

The guild of the black dragon, of the Sarlona server
    Compendium Page: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/The_g...e_black_dragon

"We are followers of the black dragon.. Relaxed, witty, we are darn fine players, WE HAVE A GOOD TIME! . . . and we're modest too. Recruitment is Open; speak with Glavendore, Hardrack or Talcyndl (or Lilithel in a pinch)"

The Sublime Permadeath Guild, of the Thelanis server
    Compendium Page: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Sublime_Permadeath_Guild
    "Check our Compendium page for more information about our permadeath rules. Recruitment is always open! Just make a new character on Thelanis and look for any 'The Sublime Permadeath Guild' member in the Who panel."

Over 500 guilds have pages available in the Compendium! Read more about guilds in the Compendium by clicking here!
    Looking for a guild? Looking for recruits? Be sure to visit the Guild Matchup forum!

Looking for a character design? Unsure of which feat to take next? Check out this week's character builds for tips, designs, and other help with your character's advancement!

For more character builds, Be sure to stop by the Class Discussion forum

Game Tip of the Week

If you run while you're attacking, but you don't have the feat Spring Attack, you'll take a penalty on your attacks!

The following threads are scheduled to be unstuck on August 1st, 2008 unless they are adopted:

Thread Name: How about a game ghallanda?? -

About the Thread:

Warchimp130 gathered players together for game night back in the days of the Fernia server. The tradition of gathering together for games, such as Hide and Seek, ran all the way to this year. This fun thread is looking for some loving care, and can work well with the forum Events Calendar feature. Adopt this thread to help keep games alive on Ghallanda!

Interested in adopting a sticky? Learn more by clicking here!

• The harbor will be undergoing some renovations in preparation for the redesigned in-game introduction/tutorial. Snow is also slated to make an appearance in the new tutorial!
    • The final installment of the Stormreach Economics series is available in the Compendium. Click here!
    • Clover_Luckyleaf has finished importing the Ask a Loremaster guide into the Compendium. Click here!
    • Turbine will be hosting a gathering at Jillian's in Indianapolis on the 15th of August. Eldorudo, Tolero, Patience, and other Turbine staff will be in attendance. Be sure to RSVP in this thread.
    • In an upcoming release, alignment-based Handwraps will correctly bypass Damage reduction. This change will be retroactive, and affect handwraps already in-game.
    • New spells are in the works for Mod 8, including the Cleric spell "Death Pact" and Paladin spells "Zeal" and "Lionheart."
    • DX10 support is being introduced to DDO for the first time!
    • The Known Issues list has been updated.

Looking for updates and information from Turbine?
    You can follow along with the latest Turbine talk right here on the forums! Be sure to visit:

Tune in next week for the Stormreach Chronicle! Also visit the Compendium for an archive of previous issues of the Stormreach Chronicle!

Default Hmmmmm

I have enjoyed the information and the feedback from devs in this thread. THank you.

New spells are in the works for Mod 8, including the Cleric spell "Death Pact" and Paladin spells "Zeal" and "Lionheart." Look at the bright side: good spells for low level characters.

Want to help paladins (and fighters) - Add green steel shields. Not everyone needs to be TWF.
    Last edited by artvan delet; 08-02-2008 at 12:03 PM.

I'm waiting for the movie
    Eldun, Eldette, Eldunica, Elduminum, Eldookin, Eldojo, Eldeberries, DarkEldun, DrEldun, Kristinka, Woodpile
    Officer of Pestilence. Looting's our business and business was good until the Dev's ruined the game by making everything exclusive, bound to account, and ridiculously trivial.

It ain't much, but it is something at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by DelScorcho View Post
    The loot gods are jerks.
    Coming Soon!

Bring back the WDA!

BOOO!

bring back the WDAs!

I was wondering how long it would be before I saw this hit the US page... I really liked it on the Euro page.
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

BTW, this is what the newsletter should be.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

yawn... if I wanted to see this kind of information/threads posted by fellow community members I'd search and read the thread as it's posted.

I would rather see the WDA or some sort of FREEKIN information from the Dev's regarding this game that I cherish.

I am, Rameses!
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by Ustice View Post
    BTW, this is what the newsletter should be.
    Well I'll talk with the newsletter fellow and see what we can do to jazz it up a little. I have a couple other "rotating" segments that will make appearances in future editions of the Chronicle as well, just to mix it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    I would rather see the WDA or some sort of FREEKIN information from the Dev's regarding this game that I cherish.
    Eh, that's what the Turbine Town Crier section is for.

Wow, that's a blast from the past *does a little dance* hehehe, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Eh, that's what the Turbine Town Crier section is for.

Wow, that's a blast from the past *does a little dance* hehehe, good times.
    touche...

now... how long will this last? As long as other informational releases from Turbine such as State of the Game threads?
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

Tolero,

If it is just reformatted, I say just throw it in thee after a little intro. Great stuff.

Community Member

Default re:

This is a cool feature.

I hope it stays consistent, I know how easily things like this can be pushed to the side.

Talking *waves*

Since everyone seems to be so grumpy this morning *passes out some coffee hoping it cheers everyone up* I want to say thank you for something... I appreciate that you guys are trying to find a new way to get information out to us that meets the needs of ALL parties involved...

Oh...

In case anyone is wondering...

WE ARE ALL WRONG!

It is sad but true...interesting article huh...(I know I know its a classic but I felt it needed a re-airing)

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

I think that this is Tolero's baby. My bet is that it is here to stay.

...Thanks for putting this on the forums and not the wiki, so we can comment/reply more easily

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

In case anyone is wondering (I was), here are the descriptions for the three spells mentioned:

Zeal
    Paladin 2
    Duration: 1 minute. (Swift casting, like Close Wounds.)
    Benefit: Grants the Paladin a +4 deflection bonus to armor class and increases their movement speed.

Lionheart
    Paladin 1
    Duration: 24 seconds plus 6 per caster level.
    Benefit: Imbues a single ally with great bravery, making them immune to fear.

Death Pact
    Cleric 8
    Benefit: You enter a pact with your deity that brings you back to life after you are slain. While under the effects of this spell and after the raise effect, your constitution is decreased by two and cannot be restored until you rest.
    Material Component: Large Diamond, available at spell shops.

This is from Eladrin's response in the Pally love thread:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=1747999
    You may know me as: Gannot, Gonnet, Gunnet, Ginnet, Gaxxat, Gennot, Gannut, Gxnnxt, Horseface, Izzayhay, Pailmaster, Artifactual, Gynnet and/or Barred. What? I like alts.

Man, sometimes it's almost like we're a self-hating community.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

The Left Side

So mod 8 is going to (1) fix handwraps; (2) renovate the harbor; and (3) add 3 spells to the game! Hmmm, sounds like about the same amount of content we received in mod 7.

Tormenting Role Players, Perma-Death players, and Turbine Mods since February 2006!
    Clandestine * Magestic * HughJaas * Chaloopa * LaBamba * Fervent * DezNuda * Heinous * DeLaScorcha * Waxxoff

It's not Mod 8... It's 7.1. It's just an update. Check the Wiki.

BTW, you can discuss the wiki here. Just make a thread.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast