I bought two new comps recently and on both of them I have difficulty getting the mic to work IN DDO (vent is fine). My name will highlight when i press my hotkey, but no sound is forthcoming.
1) Computer one:
EDIT: Obviously I am doing something really stupid. Even in windows if I blow/speak into my microphone, it will come out on my separate speakers... very weird... is something wired wrong?
- I cannot get to work at all (mic).
- I tried changing the user preferences as mentioned in another topic.
- Under input device in the in-game audio options it gives me the options of either 'Real-tec HD Audio Input' or 'Modem #1 Line Recored (emulated), it won't allow me to choose the second option.
- Sound playback is currently set to hardware, but have tried on both hardware and software.
- In another thread it said to try and turn off digital sound, but I don't know how.
2) Computer wo:
- very similar to the above, but after a lot of other fiddling (which may have had an efect, who knows...) I was able to change the 'input device' from 'Real-tac HD Audio Input' to a microphone brand that was listed, which then worked.
EDIT: after more fiddling I discovered that to get a microphone to work on this machine - I have to connect the microphone, at this point it doesn't seem to register with DDO. So, I have to log out. After logging back in, I have to set the sound playback option to hardware, then the microphone option is available in you choose your input device (it isn't available without logging in and out).
I hope my jibberish isn't too confusing.
Any ideas on what I can do?
I will provide any info I can.
Thank you very much,