Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up ddolite skin is great! but ...

I love everything about it except what it does to the map panel. I tried removing the four .tga files that contain mappanel in their file name, and also removing those same four lines from the .xml file, but still the map panel was ghosted to unreadability.

Are there other steps I need to perform to end up with ddolite on everything except the map panel?

p.s. big kudos to Cyriana for this skin. It is exactly the skin I would build myself (if I had talent, and tools, and time.... )

I love it too! The best skin is no skin at all.

Default How do you do skins

I would like to know how to put the skins on like step by step. I have no idea how so please do not send me to some web site if someone could explain it in laymens terms it would be great.
    Peace and Love your friend Xalted Vol

Quote Originally Posted by Xalted Vol View Post
    I would like to know how to put the skins on like step by step. I have no idea how so please do not send me to some web site if someone could explain it in laymens terms it would be great.
    I just did this today (downloaded skin, didn't make one), really easy.

Here's the download skins:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...dex.php?cid=37

Here are the steps (where it says LOTRO, Think DDO):

1. Download your chosen interface

2. Extract the files to a folder on your desktop.

Regardless of where you install the game itself, the required install path for custom interfaces is:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online, so:

3. Go to My Computer.

4. Go to My Documents.

5. Go to The Lord of the Rings Online folder.

6. Inside the LotRO folder, create a folder called "ui".

7. Inside the "ui" folder, create a folder called "skins".

8. Copy the files from the folder on your desktop into the "skins" folder.

9. Your final path should look like:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\< InterfaceAFolderName >\< files >
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\< InterfaceBFolderName >\< files >
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\< InterfaceCFolderName >\< files >

Where < InterfaceAFolderName> < .B. > < .C. > is the folder name the interface created when you extracted it to your desktop.

10. Log into game.

11. Open the "Options" menu on the in-game Main Menu.

12. Open the "UI Settings" menu.

13. Scroll all the way to "Misc" at the bottom, then using the "Current User Skin" drop down, pick which Interface you want to enable.

14. Enjoy your new Interface.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Default ok ill try

I donk know about paths and stuff but can not hurt to try Thx man

Can anyone answer the original question?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Can anyone answer the original question?
    I just downloaded this the other night - and usually if I enlarge/shrink/enlarge/shrink the map a couple times it goes away.

I wonder how tricky it would be for DDO to endorse this skin (which, IMO, is blatantly the best).
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Default It does not show file in final path

C:\Documents and Settings\Mr Jones\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ui\skins........This is all I get I do not get the file I dragged it over when I press copy it will not do anything PLEASE HELP

Default ok

In options it says skins NONE. Could my settings be stopping me from doing this . Do you have any other information that could help me like commen problems people have I am probably doing something stupid or a real simple mistake. AHHHHHHH THIS SUX help me MHYKKE plewase Hbeal me

Default Can anyone walk me through this

I really want the lite skin but cannot seem to get it.

Default Can someone send me a private thingy

Could someone maybe send me a private tell to help me I am getting frustrated.

1. Create a new folder C:\Documents and Settings\Mr Jones\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ui\skins\ddolite
    2. Download the zip archive - save it as something on your PC, don't just run it.
    3. Open the zip archive. Inside is a folder named ddolite
    4. Open that folder, copy everything inside, and paste it to the new folder you created in step 1

Update to this - there are more than one map bugs with this.

The first, was easily fixable as I earlier stated.

The later one rendered the map completely useless to the point that, finally, I had to delete this skin which I previously loved.

Hopefully someone tech savvy can get it rocking again.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

I also have the map bug (map is unusable, either doesn't show or my dot doesn't move.)

This isn't a fix, but a work around.

What works for me every time on any character is when I log in, I look at my map to see if it's bugged (it usually is.) I then click on the magnifying glass to make my map bigger. I grab the top edge of the map window w/ the pointer and move the whole map window (not just scroll the map across.) After I move the whole map window, I click on the x to minimize it, and bam, it works. Takes like a second when I log in, really isn't that bad, and worth it for the skin imho.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Default wondering....

I love this skin!!! And I am glad someone figured out a workaround for the map bug. But my question is when I use this skin I always start to have a little jerkiness to my graphics when moving. Is this possibly due to the screen having to draw the empty holes on the windows now? If I remove the skin everything works great. Any ideas? Thx.
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

Community Member

Default Workaround for the Map problem

-- This workaround used to work but no longer does. -- Change back to your original skin, then Logout, Login, and then put your UI Skin back on after verifying that the map does indeed work.

You will need to do this every time you move into a new quest instance(Town instances don't mess it up for some reason, but running to Meridia from the Twelve does

If the Map is stubborn you will need to Quit and reopen Ddoclient.exe -- Again, broken now with new code. --
    Last edited by GlassCannon; 12-17-2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Pre-Mod 8, no longer relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    Change back to your original skin, then Logout, Login, and then put your UI Skin back on after verifying that the map does indeed work.

You will need to do this every time you move into a new quest instance(Town instances don't mess it up for some reason, but running to Meridia from the Twelve does

If the Map is stubborn you will need to Quit and reopen Ddoclient.exe

Glass, before going through all that, check my post above. Try that first, much easier. If it doesn't work, then you'll have to do the logout thing...

Hi there.

I'd like to test what Problem you have with my skin, because I never had them on my european client. So I made an US-Account to visit you and try it on my self. But I don't have the Problems you said here with the us client, too. Do you have any at this time? I think its no issue with my skin.

Maybe you can give me some feedback.

thx

greetings from Germany

Cyriana

The map window is not usable when enlarged.

Thank you for the skin Cyr1ana!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cyr1ana View Post
    Hi there.

I'd like to test what Problem you have with my skin, because I never had them on my european client. So I made an US-Account to visit you and try it on my self. But I don't have the Problems you said here with the us client, too. Do you have any at this time? I think its no issue with my skin.

Maybe you can give me some feedback.

thx

greetings from Germany

Cyriana

My map is ok too. Don't know why. And I do hope you can improve this skin in the future, there are some details need to re-render. I do love this skin, thank you for bring us this!

Btw: Greeting from China!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast