Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 559

Thread: The QA Lodge

  1. #121
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    I haven't been able to make a monk yet, so I don't really know how it works (or is supposed to work). Are there reasons you wouldn't want it on?
    Because you might like to jump into a big hole and reach the bottom today, instead of tomorrow. Of course that's based on the assumption that it actually reduces your movement speed, like the in-game DDO version claims to.

    Perma-feather fall could be particular bad in Rackham's Trial, Ghosts of Perdition, Coalescence Chamber, and Reaver's Fate. It would also ruin your ability to fight Garamol.

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Of course that's based on the assumption that it actually reduces your movement speed, like the in-game DDO version claims to.
    Ah, yeah, that's what I was getting at. It was unclear to me whether it actually slowed your movement speed down or if it just reduced falling damage.

    I definitely understand why perma-FF can be a bad thing.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

  3. #123

    Default

    I did some testing with a 4th level monk, jumping off of a ramp in House D - I saw the damage go from 8 (with it toggled off) to 4 (with it toggled on). I put it aside in my mind for another day at that point, and put on a FF item.

    If it reduces damage at various levels, instead of eliminating it, that's fine, but it should be documented a little more clearly.

    Thelanis
    :
    Axio/Pak/Flavord/Paxi/Axiomus/Efrit/Aximus/Axi/Paximus/Heysoos/DanielAsh/Axioma
    -=[ Archangels ]=-

  4. #124
    Community Member GrayOldDruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MS
    Posts
    697

    Default Re-Questioning - Bugs or not ?

    Orthons can shoot their barbs at me when paralyzed. Bad deal!! I've had one paralyzed and he still took down over half my HP with machine-gunning his barbs/darts into me. I suppose this may fall under the whole 'chess pieces' bug that lets stoned, held and paralyzed enemies slide around all over the place and occasionally make attacks while in those states.

    Dogs and Rats (animals) in the Vale (and other places) will sometimes seem to run away or in totally random directions instead of attacking. I've aggroed a Black Wolf around the Named Hyena area and it ran down the hill, turned and ran up the path to the Named Hyena location, stopped, ran halfway back down and then just stopped till I caught up with it and hit it, then it ran back down and toward the bridge. I kind of lost track of it then because I'd managed to aggro six other things chasing that wolf around. Then it came and joined in the attack. Seems the pathing just went crazy. Oh, it wasn't feared or anything since I was the only one in the area and didn't have a fearsome item on and there was not fear-face over it.

    The Devil and Orthon in the Shroud part II do total random aggro. No rhyme nor reason, just blink all over the place and attack whoever happens to be close to where they appear, not necessarily the closest. They even attack people who have never damaged them, they've never seen, hiding in corners in sneak mode. You can get them to stay kinda still if they have only 'seen' one person, but they see a second and its random blink and attack.

    No matter where you shoot something from, it and all its friends know instantly where you are, even if it was an attack to their back from behind a wall. I could see things running about in random directions trying to see something attacking, but not making a bee-line to where you are - even if you've moved a lot since the attack. Mobs have no trouble finding you - even if you're invisible, camouflaged and sneaking (and not moving once they get close). Once you've done damage to them, they've got a homing beacon on you. That sucks.
    It is not about the destination, it is about the journey.
    All my Characters Loathe the stupid term " Toon "

  5. #125
    Community Member moorewr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    <--here
    Posts
    5,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I did some testing with a 4th level monk, jumping off of a ramp in House D - I saw the damage go from 8 (with it toggled off) to 4 (with it toggled on). I put it aside in my mind for another day at that point, and put on a FF item.

    If it reduces damage at various levels, instead of eliminating it, that's fine, but it should be documented a little more clearly.
    I have been jumping off the harbor cliff with my 5th level monk since he got Slow Fall - no question I take less damage than free falling (24 v. death). The max damage from a fall seems to be lower, but you reach that max velocity pretty quickly.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

  6. #126
    Community Member Turial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayOldDruid View Post
    ....

    Dogs and Rats (animals) in the Vale (and other places) will sometimes seem to run away or in totally random directions instead of attacking. I've aggroed a Black Wolf around the Named Hyena area and it ran down the hill, turned and ran up the path to the Named Hyena location, stopped, ran halfway back down and then just stopped till I caught up with it and hit it, then it ran back down and toward the bridge. I kind of lost track of it then because I'd managed to aggro six other things chasing that wolf around. Then it came and joined in the attack. Seems the pathing just went crazy. Oh, it wasn't feared or anything since I was the only one in the area and didn't have a fearsome item on and there was not fear-face over it.
    ....
    No matter where you shoot something from, it and all its friends know instantly where you are, even if it was an attack to their back from behind a wall. I could see things running about in random directions trying to see something attacking, but not making a bee-line to where you are - even if you've moved a lot since the attack. Mobs have no trouble finding you - even if you're invisible, camouflaged and sneaking (and not moving once they get close). Once you've done damage to them, they've got a homing beacon on you. That sucks.
    The animals one seems to be a mix up of one intended reaction and the normal reaction. If you noise aggro an animal that cant see you it will on occasion go and gather up a bunch of it friends and hunt you down. Some times though, if your between the animal you aggro and its friends it will attempt to do the search and destroy but give up half way through. You seem to be seeing that inplace of the normal aggro, to attack.

    For the second one I recomend watching ghoste's shadow mage videos. He shows some neat tricks for dealing with that situation.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

  7. #127
    Community Member bobbryan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turial View Post
    The animals one seems to be a mix up of one intended reaction and the normal reaction. If you noise aggro an animal that cant see you it will on occasion go and gather up a bunch of it friends and hunt you down. Some times though, if your between the animal you aggro and its friends it will attempt to do the search and destroy but give up half way through. You seem to be seeing that inplace of the normal aggro, to attack.

    For the second one I recomend watching ghoste's shadow mage videos. He shows some neat tricks for dealing with that situation.
    Dog Aggro broke in Mod 7. They go haywire randomly now...

  8. #128
    Community Member Turial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    Dog Aggro broke in Mod 7. They go haywire randomly now...
    Ah I spend most of my time in the Shab section so I'm really familiar with the cats and less with the dogs these days.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

  9. #129
    Community Member woodspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Is dragon shards dropping in coalesence chamber end chest a bug? And if it isn't, can we get this end chest item removed from any quest above 12?
    M.A.C. The only way to go!
    In honor of General Dane McArdy:
    FOR PUDDING!

  10. #130
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodspider View Post
    Is dragon shards dropping in coalesence chamber end chest a bug? And if it isn't, can we get this end chest item removed from any quest above 12?
    That would be silly and backwards.

    Higher level characters have much more demand for dragon shards than someone lower. After all, you can't cast Trap The Soul until level 15.

  11. #131
    Community Member woodspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Siberys dragon shards, for the feat exchange, not the fragements. That was what was in the chest for me, along with 168 plat.
    M.A.C. The only way to go!
    In honor of General Dane McArdy:
    FOR PUDDING!

  12. #132
    Founder Drider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northwest, IN
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    The way it worked for me was that slow fall actually upgraded in levels. The higher the level of slowfall I got the less damage I took. At 16 it works the same as feather fall but you fall a bit faster. Also in the Reaver you float up and come down slower when he throws the anti-grav.

  13. #133
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    It looks like th map for the threnal ruins is broken...

  14. #134
    Community Member SkyCry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Bug:
    A monk wearing an outfit and carrying light load can't use fast movement, when he equips a non-ki weapon. Normally a monk is supposed to lose fast movement only when wearing armor or carrying medium/heavy load. In regards to this, monk AC works correctly.

    In regards to this, I'd like to ask devs to reconsider the whole undocumented "rapidly lose Ki" thing that happens whenever monk becomes uncentered. Especially in the case of being uncentered by non-monk weapons it doesn't make sense. A monk using non-Ki weapons should still be able to at least use Wholeness of Body, but with the rapid loss of Ki it's hard even if one meditates twice (sort of 2 Meditations per day = 1 Wholeness of Body per day).

    Another "difficulty" monks face is being uncentered by wands. When using wands a character still does unarmed strikes, therefore monk isn't actually using the wand to fight - it just happens to be in the hand. Switching to wand currently means the mentioned rapid loss of Ki, but also loss of stances (how unfortunate to lose Earth stance and HP it gives, possibly dying, just when you're about to heal yourself!).

    And finally a small story:
    Every time I run Gwylan's Stand on my monk, it just happens to be me who has to carry the Cylinders around. My monk is strong, but not strong enough to carry all 8 and still have light load. What happens is I become uncentered, but can't trade the Cylinders away to reduce the load! Trying to drop them doesn't work, as game tries to destroy them and I have to press No. The only way is to recall and reenter, but, understandably, I don't want to do that...

  15. #135
    Community Member Attomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
    Re: Slowfall

    You all *DO* realize that Slow Fall only works if the Monk is very close to/next to a wall, right?

    Works flawlessly for me. I dropped down Coalescence Chamber (that first drop at the beginning) with no FF, took 0 damage on landing. All I had to do was push into the wall the entire way down.

    Working as intended (and as per 3.5 D&D rules, I might add).
    Perfectly aware of that (and have been so, as evinced by my earlier posts on it). The thing is that ALL characters can slide down walls and take no damage. Furthermore, I've checked it with Slow Fall toggled on AND off, and there is not one point's difference between the two in terms of falling damage. What, then, is the benefit of Slow Fall to monks in DDO?

    I'll bug-report it, but from what others have told me in-game about it not working for them at all at any level short of double digits, I'm not sanguine about seeing a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreaper View Post
    If a warforged eats tinsel and he's scooting on his butt in the dungeon, does he make sparks?

  16. #136
    Community Member captain1z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Attomic View Post
    Perfectly aware of that (and have been so, as evinced by my earlier posts on it). The thing is that ALL characters can slide down walls and take no damage. Furthermore, I've checked it with Slow Fall toggled on AND off, and there is not one point's difference between the two in terms of falling damage. What, then, is the benefit of Slow Fall to monks in DDO?

    I'll bug-report it, but from what others have told me in-game about it not working for them at all at any level short of double digits, I'm not sanguine about seeing a solution.
    I was gunna post that some guy I was with in coal chamber jumped to the bottom with his monk and took no damage. As you said though..... he was double digits.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

  17. #137
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Impaqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,216

    Default

    Noticed last night in Vision of Destruction......


    Devils in there COntinue to Teleport aroun when they are Blinded. Everywhere else they stop their teleporting when Blinded.....

    I also find it odd that they can continue to teleport even at 0 STR. (thats everywhere.. Not just Vod)
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  18. #138
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Everywhere else they stop their teleporting when Blinded.....
    Wrong. I've seen people post that before, but it's not true. Go out to Vale of Twilight with a Blinding Sickness spell and test it yourself.

  19. #139
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Impaqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Wrong. I've seen people post that before, but it's not true. Go out to Vale of Twilight with a Blinding Sickness spell and test it yourself.
    Cant speak for Blinding Sickness.....

    But Radiance Guard, Holy Smite, and The Blind Spell do indeed stop them from teleporting.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  20. #140
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    But Radiance Guard, Holy Smite, and The Blind Spell do indeed stop them from teleporting.
    Wrong. They absolutely don't.

    I suppose you're making that mistake because their frequency of teleporting is reduced by the 50&#37; movement debuff of blindness.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload