Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Where are the pictures?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I've heard a picture is worth a thousand words. I had a thousand off-color words after trying to follow the instructions above! This should be helpful:

SETUP BEFORE PULLING THE RED LEVER THE FIRST TIME

PULL THE RED LEVER, THEN PULL THE GREEN LEVER TO RESET

SETUP BEFORE PULLING THE RED LEVER THE SECOND TIME

PULL THE RED LEVER.

lol... just realized I'm getting spammed by a plat seller in the first image. Can't get relief for five minutes!!

-Silence
    Last edited by TehSilence; 07-04-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Default Thanks!

Thanks for posting the solution to that puzzle!

Signed,
    Clueless, Impatient, Frustrated
    THELANIS: Marzen - Elexra - Andrez - Lothorn - Lexmar - ChillyBilly - Habsburg

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Yep. Such a waste to have it in a low-XP quest that's a long way to run to and has that horrid ladder room (which is pretty hard and deadly for an untwinked toon with no featherfall)
    Funny...I went through there with no FF.

Trick to the jump portion is mouselook, pretty easy once you figure out what the left mouse button is for.

Also, FF bound items show up in the end reward list for WW, STK and tangleroot - twinking isn't exactly necessary there.
    Near useless builds for those who want a challenge: The True(ly Useless) Necromancer - The Abuse Sponge Paladin
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Community Member

Could you please elaborate on the agility trial - assuming that means the ladder thing? I've been able jump from the east ladder to the west ladder, but not to the one on the -- um, I think it's the north wall, or the ledge on the other side.

You've gotten plenty of advice on the Prove Your Worth puzzle so I'll offer some future advice: Bring a friend when you try Ghost of a Chance

Quote Originally Posted by shawnvw View Post
    Could you please elaborate on the agility trial - assuming that means the ladder thing?
    Maybe this will help. Maybe. Once you get your point of view adjusted, it's easier to point your targeting reticle at the ladder you want to jump to. Then, release from one ladder, while moving to the target ladder. If you fall without FF, try to stay in contact with the wall to mitigate falling damage.
    Last edited by VonBek; 08-05-2008 at 08:04 AM.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

Quote Originally Posted by Draccus View Post
    You've gotten plenty of advice on the Prove Your Worth puzzle so I'll offer some future advice: Bring a friend when you try Ghost of a Chance
    Hmmm just curious, do they change something yesterday so Ghost of a Chance become unsoloable ?

Personally I love the puzzle there than Prove Your Worth.
    [ Fernia / Ghallanda ]
    -- Role of the Combat Cleric : We fight for our party's survival --

Quote Originally Posted by samho View Post
    Hmmm just curious, do they change something yesterday so Ghost of a Chance become unsoloable ?

Personally I love the puzzle there than Prove Your Worth.
    No, they didn't. My advice was to the OP who had trouble with the Prove Your Worth puzzle. The Ghost of a Chance puzzle took me about 3x longer to figure out so the OP may want to bring help.

On the ladder part, a jump potion or spell makes a big difference as well.

One thing about the Ghost of a Chance puzzle that some people don't catch if they aren't listening to everything that is said: the pirate boss drops a key to the cage that will let you finish the mission. So you don't have to do the puzzle if you just want the favor and mission completion. I understand that solving the puzzle gives a boatload of xp though.

-Silence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonBek View Post
    Then, release from one ladder, while moving to the target ladder.
    Uh..."release"? You mean press the spacebar (jump) and "run" forward? That seems to work most of the time. I also took off my armor and shield. Any other hints?
    Last edited by shawnvw; 08-06-2008 at 01:09 AM.

Yes.

Use the mouse to "point" your character at the target ladder, then spacebar, then "W". Once you have the mouse pointing at the target ladder, the spacebar kicks you off, while the game automatically pivots your character to face where you pointed the mouse. Follow up with forward motion, and you should hit the target ladder before falling too far.

By having your camera angle below your character, pointing up, you get some room to see your targets better. I'll walk myself through it again this afternoon, to see if I'm leaving out a semi-conscious habit.

Quote Originally Posted by VonBek View Post
    Yes.

Use the mouse to "point" your character at the target ladder, then spacebar, then "W". Once you have the mouse pointing at the target ladder, the spacebar kicks you off, while the game automatically pivots your character to face where you pointed the mouse. Follow up with forward motion, and you should hit the target ladder before falling too far.

By having your camera angle below your character, pointing up, you get some room to see your targets better. I'll walk myself through it again this afternoon, to see if I'm leaving out a semi-conscious habit.
    I find this part of the quest to be pretty frustrating. It's not that I don't know the trick, but I found it to be inconsistant.

With one of my characters, I went through no problem on the first try. But when I tried it with my level 5 (at the time) soloist, four times in row I got all the way to the top, then at the last jump, for whatever reason, she would jump about 7 millimeters, thus missing the ledge and plummetting. Not kidding, FOUR times in a row. The last time she took full damage and died, even though I was pressed up against the wall. Not sure what it is about that final jump, but I'm not planning on going back there until she scores a FF item.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I found it to be inconsistant.
    Agreed. At different points in the climb, the jumps >feel< different. That last jump in particular, sometimes I want to jump left, sometimes I want to jump backwards.

How can I record a video, with voice narration? (for free? )

When I target the ladder I want to move to, I hold the left mouse button down, throughout the maneuver. I also used "mouselook" to similar effect. The effect, both ways, is that your camera and character "follows" the targeting cursor, or reticle. Either way, it takes a little practice.

Community Member

I finally finished the ladder test. I wasn't twitchy enough so I had to accept a gift of feather-fall boots from a friend.

Oh, and about the lever puzzle: I finally realized why I couldn't understand the advice everyone was giving on this topic.

Basically, some of the "guns" are fired by the lever nearest them. That lever, in turn, must be tripped by a different gun. I'm saying this in case other readers besides me couldn't quite follow the instructions posted above.

Developer

Great to still be seeing feedback on this. Appreciate it

I've had a few requests for a puzzle similar to this but larger in a higher level game (I think the description was something like "The Mousetrap puzzle dungeon"). Sounds like it may be fun to build but I'll have to wait and see when it'll be appropriate.

Community Member

Well, I had a little problem at the end. When I talked to Meeble the kobold, I chose "End Conversation" because I wanted to think about it. But after that I couldn't "use" him again to bring up the dialogue box, so I couldn't choose a choice, or advance. And I couldn't go back the way I came because the wall is too high for me to jump. Any help?

PS: Is "Django" from the classic Western or from Boba Fett's dad?

Don't forget Django Reinhart!
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Developer

Well, I had a little problem at the end. When I talked to Meeble the kobold, I chose "End Conversation" because I wanted to think about it. But after that I couldn't "use" him again to bring up the dialogue box, so I couldn't choose a choice, or advance. And I couldn't go back the way I came because the wall is too high for me to jump. Any help?

Eldurudo was working on fixing the very bug that you speak up just yesterday.

About the name, it's definitely not Boba Fett's father. So that leave me with the Movie and the Song by Rancid and I'll accept either (the song by Rancid about the movie).

Also not a Jazz musician, though that is one of the few other Django's that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Eldurudo was working on fixing the very bug that you speak up just yesterday.

About the name, it's definitely not Boba Fett's father. So that leave me with the Movie and the Song by Rancid and I'll accept either (the song by Rancid about the movie).

Also not a Jazz musician, though that is one of the few other Django's that I'm aware of.
    Heh, I remembered what you said last time, but I can never resist representin' for Reinhardt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Django_Reinhardt
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast