Community Member

Default Back door in Durk's got a secret

How do I get through the back door in that quest. At some point I unlocked the back door, and got the XP for it. When I finally reached the door, it is locked. I have finished the quest, but I would like to get through the door if I could.

You need a rogue to pick the lock on the door, that is the only way to get through
    ~Requeim ~ Aviale ~ Tomein ~ Twillee ~ Vizzini
    Officer of Fallen Heroes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper
    <+Keeper> Monks make the best guacamole..

Community Member

Default Have Rogue; Cannot Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzini View Post
    You need a rogue to pick the lock on the door, that is the only way to get through
    I have a 4th level Rogue with me. I click on the door, then click for him to interact. It just says the door is locked again.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherCeana View Post
    I have a 4th level Rogue with me. I click on the door, then click for him to interact. It just says the door is locked again.
    Do you chose the "pick lock" button to interact?
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

I rogue a lot and sometimes the interaction buttons can be tricky.

Go to your character page and open the 'skills' tab on top. Drag the 'Open' and 'Disable' icons to your hot bar. Use the 'examine/target' (default setting is the 'Q') key to target whatever you wish to disable or unlock, then hit the icon on your hot bar. You should be able to interact with everything now! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Uthor View Post
    How do I get through the back door in that quest. At some point I unlocked the back door, and got the XP for it. When I finally reached the door, it is locked. I have finished the quest, but I would like to get through the door if I could.
    These doors do not require a rogue. Like many doors in DDO, there is a corresponding valve.

In each of the kobold chieftain brother's dens there is just such a valve. Turning the valve will open the door on the opposite side (ergo, the one near the other brother, not the one near where you will be standing when you turn the valve). So, when you kill brother 1, turn the valve. Kill brother 2, turn the valve and go through the nearby door. Be sure to look for Muck, the named Ooze) as his chest sometimes drops the level 2 Muckbane (a club that is very handy against oozes).

Happy hunting!

Also, the ddowiki is your friend.
    Shiz -Proud Officer of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey, Shizrhino, Shizchopper and other various Shizanimals and Shizappliances
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kamimitsu View Post
    These doors do not require a rogue. Like many doors in DDO, there is a corresponding valve.

In each of the kobold chieftain brother's dens there is just such a valve. Turning the valve will open the door on the opposite side (ergo, the one near the other brother, not the one near where you will be standing when you turn the valve). So, when you kill brother 1, turn the valve. Kill brother 2, turn the valve and go through the nearby door. Be sure to look for Muck, the named Ooze) as his chest sometimes drops the level 2 Muckbane (a club that is very handy against oozes).

Happy hunting!

I think he means the single door at the back of that section. Which is indeed locked and requires either a rogue, artificer, or the knock spell to open.

Community Member

Yeah those valves each only open Muck's door. Sometimes if you're lucky he will spawn on the second turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    I think he means the single door at the back of that section. Which is indeed locked and requires either a rogue, artificer, or the knock spell to open.
    Ah... Misunderstood OP's question. My bad! He threw me off when he said he got xp, but it was locked. I remembered back in my early DDO days when I got confused that each valve worked the opposite side's door. I assumed OP was having the same issue.

But yeah, you guys are smarterer. That other door needs some lock pick method.
    Shiz -Proud Officer of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey, Shizrhino, Shizchopper and other various Shizanimals and Shizappliances
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Quote Originally Posted by kamimitsu View Post

Happy hunting!

If I not wrong IF you complete the quest THEN go unlock muck door, it cant be opened...

11 year necro, I'm impressed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    ...but question seems still actual, so...

I didn't even catch that when I read the thread yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    If I not wrong IF you complete the quest THEN go unlock muck door, it cant be opened...
    You can complete [Kill both Brothers] then hit the valve for Muck's door. It will still open and roll the spawn chance for Muck.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

It's actually not a necropost if the question is still valid. Even I searched this question just today.

Um, no, it is a necro, just that it's 100% on topic (and even seamlessly so!), so no one should care.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherCeana View Post
    Yeah, "interact" merely orders him to open the door (/valve/lever/whatever), same as any toon "clicking" on it. You need to specifically click on "Open Lock" to get your hire to perform that task.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Um, no, it is a necro, just that it's 100% on topic (and even seamlessly so!), so no one should care.
    Sorry for OT, but I'm a little confused.
    Because term: "Necro Thread" is pejorative, are you suggest that it's better to create new thread (for the same exact question) then use old one?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    Sorry for OT, but I'm a little confused.
    Because term: "Necro Thread" is pejorative, are you suggest that it's better to create new thread (for the same exact question) then use old one?
    Another country, different forums - different rules. 8)

I know many ( and worked as moderator at some ) forums with direct opposite rules, when create new thread for same question it is rules violation and persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Yeah, "interact" merely orders him to open the door (/valve/lever/whatever), same as any toon "clicking" on it. You need to specifically click on "Open Lock" to get your hire to perform that task.
    You need to click this