Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    What about a 10/9/1 Fighter/Bard/Wizard.
    I would rather suggest you take 14-16 bard levels and 0-2 fighter levels. You'd cast Haste and Displacement yourself, and either use the Ironskin Chant to get DR 5 for free, or click a Stoneskin wand on yourself for DR 10 if you really need it.

Put points and feats into Haggle and then you can get these magic items without spending a lot. Not only will Stoneskin wands be easier to buy, but you'll also earn more each time you cart magic armors back to the broker.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    So, are you saying you've never had a DDO character above level 7? That indicates you don't have the experience to judge what is and isn't valuable at medium-high level of gameplay.

In particular, Displacement isn't something that any level 7 character should hope to see used very much.
    I had a level 10 char at one point but I trashed him. Regardless, I agree I am lacking experience.... I am basing the need for displacement/stoneskin/haste on what I have read about melee characters with low AC towards the higher levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    I had a level 10 char at one point but I trashed him. Regardless, I agree I am lacking experience.... I am basing the need for displacement/stoneskin/haste on what I have read about melee characters with low AC towards the higher levels.
    At the high levels is when the casters can afford to throw those buffs on anyone who needs it, without worrying they'll run out of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Half-elven View Post
    This build with 2 rogue/9 ranger will get improved evasion, that is a reason to keep it like it is. I do agree with the hp assessment though, perhaps should try to squeeze out a little more con at low lvls
    Nope. Doesn't work that way in DDO.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

I think he's actualy close to the mark for what he wants to do, just off by a little bit as he tries to do too much...

Ranger 12 (his best option for TWF and for resists)
    Wizard 1 (Snags him extend and extra mana)
    Fighter 3-7 (picks up combat feats and such)

I'd ditch the UMD, ditch the Swim (really it doesnt even make you much faster its pointless), use wands for some of the self buffs and cast repair/shield as your wizard spells. Lose the damage resistance and use items to get it instead. Start with Mithral Body and take one fighter armor mastery eventualy. Take power attack and improved critical.

Stats
    Str: 16 (10)
    Dex: 12 (4)
    Con: 16 (6)
    Int: 11 (3)
    Wis: 11 (5)
    Cha: 06
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Half-elven View Post
    This build with 2 rogue/9 ranger will get improved evasion, that is a reason to keep it like it is. I do agree with the hp assessment though, perhaps should try to squeeze out a little more con at low lvls
    Evasion + evasion = evasion, not improved evasion. In PnP and in DDO. It's Uncanny Dodge that's additive - a rog/barb can get improved uncanny dodge by combining 2 uncanny dodges, but a ranger9/rog2 doesn't get improved evasion. That's only available as a special ability with 10+ rogue levels.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Superior TWF.....doesn't it require a high dex? (around 19) ....going off of memory so not sure the prereq.

Like others have said Rog2 not neccessary. but either Rog or brd for a higher UMD if that is what you want.....and use the skill points for it. If you take the 2nd lvl of rogue, wait till very high lvl and pump all the points into UMD.

Question though, what do you want to UMD? Might be an easier way to get what you want.
    I like Wiz1 with a Rgr WF mix.

As always, mulit-class with care and caution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon Moonshadow View Post
    Superior TWF.....doesn't it require a high dex? (around 19) ....going off of memory so not sure the prereq.

Like others have said Rog2 not neccessary. but either Rog or brd for a higher UMD if that is what you want.....and use the skill points for it. If you take the 2nd lvl of rogue, wait till very high lvl and pump all the points into UMD.

Question though, what do you want to UMD? Might be an easier way to get what you want.
    I like Wiz1 with a Rgr WF mix.

As always, mulit-class with care and caution.
    yea,

I started out wanting Superior 2HF however I know now that it doesn't exist. I realize that 2HF on a ranger is a waste of feats, but I really like the idea of getting the spellcasting of a ranger without sacrificing Base Attack Bonus. The sprint-boost and energy-resist-boost are also very nice. I wanted UMD so I could self-cast Displacement when needed.

Ultimately I want a high-BAB 2HF char with the ability to self-haste, self-displace, and self-stoneskin, a fast runnign speed, and good energy resist abilities. And I wanted to be able to do it as cheaply as possible. Ranger gives you all you could want and more for energy resists, and some other useful buffs while maintaining a high BAB.

A splash of wizard would allow for stoneskin wands though I would have preferred a natural damage reduction that was "always on".... haste could be used from pots and with 4 levels of fighter you can achieve a fighter haste II Enhancement. Displacement is the bugger. Would an extended Displacment from the Dragonmarks be worth pursuing?

Perhaps an Elven 2HF 11/1/4 Ranger/Wizard/Fighter and any levels beyond 16 could be continued as more Ranger levels. I'd have 10 Feats, 1 Wizard feat for Extend, 3 Fighter Feats for 2HF, I2HF, G2HF, 2 of the normal feats for the Dragonmarks, and the other 4 feats could be Power Attack, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, and Improved Critical...... I could wand-whip the stoneskin when needed. I couldn't use Displacement Scrolls but 6( or 7 if I took greater Dragonmark at level 18) free extended displacements per rest isn't horrible, is it? (anyone know if metamagics will continue to affect dragonmarks as time goes on or if it was an oversight that will be corrected?)
    Last edited by Ereshkigal; 05-15-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12