Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagmoth View Post
    Thx for your interest in thread; however, we are looking for items to add to DDO and since similar items exist that do these things, I am not going to consider these for the list. Sorry. Can you post something of your design?
    There is nothing in the game that gives +15 to hide AND move silently. The closest is currently the boots out of the Demon Queen that give +15 to ms and +11 to hide. And that's raid loot. That is why I proposed these. I can understand why many players who don't play stealthy characters could care less about the minor details I've proposed, but I personally would absolutely love to see those changes.

Perhaps some clarification: are you wanting this thread to be about new items, or completely new item effects?

If the latter, then how about these:
    Silence - completely muffles sound, removing the need for any move silently checks.
    Shadowstalker - allows wearer to use their move silently skill against creatures with tremor sense (spiders, slimes, etc.)
    Last edited by Ghoste; 05-17-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
    There is nothing in the game that gives +15 to hide AND move silently. The closest is currently the boots out of the Demon Queen that give +15 to ms and +11 to hide. And that's raid loot. That is why I proposed these. I can understand why many players who don't play stealthy characters could care less about the minor details I've proposed, but I personally would absolutely love to see those changes.

Perhaps some clarification: are you wanting this thread to be about new items, or completely new item effects?

If the latter, then how about these:
    Silence - completely muffles sound, removing the need for any move silently checks.
    Shadowstalker - allows wearer to use their move silently skill against creatures with tremor sense (spiders, slimes, etc.)
    I definitely want to see new items and ideas compared to shuffled numbers on items that are copied from other campaign settings and left incomplete (No ML and found in ect). Please comment on all peoples item ideas using the template provided on page 1 a couple of posts down and then post an item with silence or shadowstalker in it as those seem cool. Thx Ghoste!

Ok, makes more sense now. Thanks for the clarification.
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Please give some comments on as many items as you can Ghoste and others if you have not already.

And then go ahead and post up to 1 item. Especially you Ghoste! I wants your rogue item input incorporating shadowstalker and whatnots.

Big shout outs to Spectralist and RavenStormclaw for rating many items. Where have all the MrCows gone?
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-18-2008 at 12:29 AM.

The Guided Lopper (Attempt 2)
    Like: Simple. Implements a re-usable property (re-rolls).
    Dislike: None.
    Verdict: Balanced

The Metamagic Band (Attempt 2)
    Like: Concept is cool. Meta-magic Quickening is a great idea.
    Dislike: 'For each on' mechanic exploitable with in-applicable feats.
    Verdict: Incomplete

White Steel
    Like: Range-altering ammunition is a neat idea.
    Dislike: Without enchantments, this is otherwise useless.
    Verdict: Underpowered

Beguiler
    Like: Excellent theme overall.
    Dislike: Suggestion as a proc is deeply overpowered.
    Verdict: Overpowered

Punch's Club
    Like: Simple. Nice theme.

Mattock of the Titans
    Like: A classic item. Uses existing functionality.
    Dislike: Power described would be Earth Elemental Slaying.

Sparkshield
    Like: Very cool idea. Reusable concept (shield procs).
    Dislike: Save DC might need adjustment.

Glamour
    Like: Nice general concept. Level independent.
    Dislike: Bypasses cooldown. Maybe just reduce agro generated.

Soulsinger (Attempt 6)
    Like: Balanced and simplified, much improved!
    Dislike: Sonic damage seems like it would fit better.

Earring of the Practitioner
    Like: Neat concept and powers.

Fencer's Medallion
    Like: Very handy but not overdone.

Stolen Spell Book
    Like: Very cool idea.
    Dislike: Much more powerful for Sorcs than Wizards.

Lesser Mono-string Harp
    Like: Great reusable property (no ammo required).
    Dislike: Skill bonuses are too low and off theme.

Mono-string Harp
    Like: As above, nice reusable property.
    Dislike: Bonus too low. Skills too low and off theme.

Epic Mono-string Harp
    Like: As above, nice reusable property.
    Dislike: Skills too low. Skills and clicky are off theme.

Dart of the Hornet's Nest
    Like: Interesting idea.
    Dislike: Total damage is too much for high Str characters.
    • Enahancment +1, Str 30 => 60 to 240 per dart
    • Enahancment +2, Str 30 => 39 to 234 per dart
    • Enahancment +3, Str 30 => 28 to 224 per dart
    • Enahancment +4, Str 30 => 45 to 180 per dart
    • Enahancment +5, Str 30 => 16 to 160 per dart

Ring of Resurgence
    Like: Cool general concept.

Fighter's Handbook
    Like: I like this idea.
    Dislike: I'd like this better with one specific feat.

Mirrored Armor (5/24/08 Revision)
    Like: Strong functional idea.
    Dislike: Three main concerns:
    • With 3% chance and no other properties on accessories, only the armor will ever be used.
    • Complex weight is redundant with existing Armor Check, Max Dex, and Encumbrance rules.
    • With the latest revision this is just immunity. Reflect back at caster would be cooler.

Infiltrator Suits
    Like: I want this in ways I'd get in trouble for describing.
    Dislike: Too many properties for non-raid loot.

Kalistia's Magic Wax
    Like: None, yet.
    Dislike: Is this visual only, or are properties also changed?

Kistilan's Wondrous Scribe
    Like: Very cool and handy.
    Dislike: Would need it's own interface.

Wood of the Ages
    Like: Cool concept and theme.
    Dislike: Creates huge AC inflation.

My Past Verdicts

General's Don
    Like: Interesting and original idea.
    Dislike: Meta-gaming group dynamics.
    Verdict: No Opinion

Tyrant's Bane
    Like: Nice theme. Uses existing functionality well.

Sidearm
    Like: Simple and straight forward.

Glowing ___ Ioun Stone
    Like: Solid concept. Ioun Stones 2.0!

Nosering of the Brute
    Like: Solid and simple.

Talisman of the Sentinel
    Like: As above, handy but reasonable.

Brooch of Spell Warding
    Like: Simple but excellent.
    Dislike: Maybe add leveled-up versions too.

Sturdy Wizardry Staff
    Like: Interesting and cool idea.
    Dislike: Loss of flexibility makes it unattractive.

Wheat Thrasher Champion's blade
    Like: Handy weapon with a story to tell.

Cloak of Retribution (Attempt 2)
    Like: Interesting concept.
    Dislike: Stacking DR is questionable. Damage dealt is trivial.

Dreamstalker Boots
    Like: Outstanding idea! My rogue wants these!

Drinker
    Like: Very nice ability.
    Dislike: Wording could be clearer.
    Last edited by ChainsawXIV; 05-27-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Item Name: Dreamstalker Boots
    Item Type: Boots
    Found in: drop randomly in quests either located in or contiguous with the plane of Dal Quor (ie. VoN 2, Dal Quor room in PoP, Twilight Forge, etc.)
    Min LV: 12
    Changed Basic Values: -
    DDO Attributes: Allows character to avoid many unusual means of detection such as tremorsense or echolocation. Creatures with such abilities, like spiders, oozes and bats, must now make spot and listen checks to locate a character that is dreamstalking.
    New Attributes: Dreamstalking
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "These strange boots are woven of a material native to the plane of Dal Quor. The strange boots channel a magic that dampens energy generated by your steps. It feels as though you are walking on air as the force of impact from walking is channeled into another plane of existence."
    Author: Ghoste

Name: Spell Channeling: [Specific Spell]
    Type: General Item Property
    Minimum Level: (2 x Spell Level) + 4

Effects: This effect reduces the spell level of the specified spell for the purposes of calculating its spell point cost only. This property comes in the four common grades, from Lesser to Superior, reducing spell level by one to four levels, to a minimum of one.

Found: This property is most common for buffs and least common for heal and repair spells. It appears primarily on Rings as an only property, and weapons along with other properties. It appears with varying frequency on level-appropriate loot.

Flavor: Created to enhance spell casting abilities without allowing magical powers into the hands of the untrained, arcane and spiritual foci of this type have often been mistaken for ordinary, non-magical objects and thrown by the way-side by unwitting adventurers.

Variations: In rare cases, this property may appear on raid loot or quest rewards applied to groups of spells. For example, a Staff or Runes which has Spell Channeling: Symbols, or a Crystal Prism which has Lesser Spell Channeling: Illusion Spells. These should be exceedingly rare, and limited to small, specialized groups, never groups such as all healing spells, or all spells of a specific energy type, unless further limited by factors such as level range or other more specific qualifications.

<<<<UPDATED MAY 21>>>>

General's Don
    Like: An interesting idea. And for people who really don't like others taking the star, they can always assign another leader before dropping party.
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

The Guided Lopper (Attempt 2)
    Like: bringing back some lost power to vorpals. If devs feel it is getting too overpowered, they can have monsters cast deathward. Mind you players could just dispel that.
    Dislike: Rerolling on a 1...what I really like about the d20 system is the fact that no matter how great you are with a weapon, you can always possibly miss, and no matter how poor a swordsman you are, there is always a chance to land a hit. I can see this being overcome magically, but I see this more as an epic level weapon enchantment.
    Verdict: overpowered

The Metamagic Band (Attempt 2)
    Like: Speeding up casting is a good idea. Unlike melee, casters are still limited by their spell point reserve. Less careful players will find them unwittingly exhausting that pool more quickly.
    Dislike: Would suggest raising the min lvl to at least 12
    Verdict: almost balanced

White Steel
    Like: not sure what to make of this.
    Dislike:
    Verdict: gotta let this idea swirl around in my head a little more.

Beguiler
    Like:
    Dislike: Lvl 14 character with a light weapon that hits like a greatsword and unlimited charges of suggestion, caster lvl 16.
    Verdict: overpowered.

Tyrant's Bane
    Like:
    Dislike: DC 40?!! A lvl 16 cleric with 26 wis? Not quite. DC = 10 + spell lvl (6) + ability score bonus (8) = 24 - monster's HD difference. Heightened that would be 26. Is the 40 DC supposed to figure in level differences? If so, how does that work on lower HD monsters?
    Verdict: Overpowered. I don't get the reasoning behind how some of these attributes were justified.

Punch's Club
    Like: kinda like a cursespewer. At first glance it seems overpowered, but if you compare it to a cursespewer, a weapon that casts a lvl 4 spell on every hit, one that casts a lvl 2 spell the same way doesn't seem so outlandish.
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced.

Mattock of the Titans
    Like: I like it.
    Dislike:

Sidearm
    Like: feat granting items. We already have that for finesse.
    Dislike:

Sparkshield
    Like: much better than the useless blinding enchantment. Just to much trouble to set up the blinding clicky with all the other stuff you have to worry about.
    Dislike: DC seems quite high for an item that uses this effect on every hit.
    Verdict: unbalanced. DC needs lowering.

Glamour
    Like:
    Dislike: not sure what to make of this. Seems overpowered. A high AC pally would be invincible with this.
    Verdict: overpowered.

Soulsinger (Attempt 4)
    Like: Now that I better understand what the author meant, I like this more. I like that manyitems inthis thread, likethis one, cater to uncommon builds.
    Dislike:

Glowing ___ Ioun Stone
    Like:
    Dislike:

Earring of the Practitioner
    Like:
    Dislike: raise min lvl
    Verdict: almost balanced.

Nosering of the Brute
    Like: in line with a lot of the enhancements already there.
    Dislike:

Fencer's Medallion
    Like:
    Dislike:

Talisman of the Sentinel
    Like:
    Dislike:

Brooch of Spell Warding
    Like:
    Dislike:

Sturdy Wizardry Staff
    Like:
    Dislike:

Stolen Spell Book
    Like: This is pretty much howthe spell storing ring is supposed to work in PnP.
    Dislike:
    Verdict: Balanced.

Wheat Thrasher Champion's blade
    Like: tanks can stop begging for hastes all the time.
    Dislike:

Cloak of Retribution (Attempt 2)
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: not sure I completely understand the precise mechanics intended.

Lesser Mono-string Harp
    Like:
    Dislike: skill bonuses dont seem terribly useful at just +1.
    Verdict: balanced, but I'd rework the skill bonuses to a higher bonus on just one skill.

Mono-string Harp
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: see above.

Epic Mono-string Harp
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: see above.

Dart of the Hornet's Nest
    Like: this actually balances quite well considering monster damage reduction. Damage isreduced for each individual dart.
    Dislike: only one attack roll for every dart. All those damage bonuses for high str halfling throwers.
    Verdict: Powerful..but marginally balanced because it caters to builds other than pure dwarven barbs.

Updated May 19.

[/COLOR]Drinker
    [COLOR=white]Like: Interesting idea. Strong contrast between benefits and penalties.
    Dislike:

Ring of Spell Channeling (Fireball)
    [COLOR=white]Like: May make fireball more used at higher levels. Keeping it just for one spell is a good balance.
    Dislike:

The Shavarath Codex
    Like: See comments for ring of spell channeling.
    Dislike:

Ring of Resurgence (Attempt 2)
    Like: Interesting idea. A clicky that essentially doubles all your other clickies (and some other abilities too). Considering barbs atthat level usuallyhave enough rages tokeep them going anyways, andsamefor bards and songs, I don't think this is overpowered.
    Dislike:

Fighter's Handbook
    Like: I've said before that I likethe idea of feat granting items. We already have some anyways.
    Dislike:

Mirrored Armor
    Like: Some defense against ray spells.
    Dislike: Seems overpowered to be immune to every single ray spell in the game. Maybe limit it to light spells? Good spell resistance?
    Verdict: Overpowered.

The Abbot's Cross
    Like:
    Dislike: The reasoning behind this confuses me. Crits and sneak attacks don't work against undead for a very specific reason: they do not have vulnerable parts to exploit. Sneak attacks and crits just don't make any sense when talking about undead. Perhaps a property that converts sneak attacks and crits into a set ammount of positive energy damage?
    Verdict: Confusing.
    Last edited by Ghoste; 05-21-2008 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Interesting concept but way way way overpowered. If you are talking adding str and attack bonus to each dart creaged lets take an example to show how overpowered this is. +1 dart =5d4 average 10 that is on average 15 pts of damage from the darts themselves + 10 from the +1 stat + 4(18 srt) x 10=40 for a total of 15 + 10 + 40 average 75 pts of damage per hit at level 1...way to high and god forbid you give an end-game barbarian a +5 dart that is 5 x 1.5 (7) + 5 x 5(25) + 5 x 15(raging barb with 40 str)(75) for a total of 107 per hit with crits or a little luck that could be even higher non crit with max dar total would be 20 + 50 + 150 = 220 pts non-crit

Love the idea but needs some serious adjustment
    In PnP you don't get it for each dart, but with mob inflation and slow rate of fire I included it for each dart created to balance for DDO. In PnP you could throw 3+ per round depending on class and feats, here you only get one throw per round, so I don't see it as over powered, but as a comprimise, maybe only half STR bonus due to low mass of dart. And this shouldn't show up at first level, I would probably see the +1 version at lvl 5, but I don't really get how the ML of items is calculated, so if you understand it, please add those for me.
    Last edited by Gornin; 05-18-2008 at 09:08 AM.
    Gornin-F20, Snowleopard-M20(TR2), Locomotiv Breath-B20, Aqualung-FS20, Thickas a Brick-F17, WitchsPromis-Sorc20, Part of the Machine-Art20(TR1)
    No whining, unless you're serving really good cheese. Otherwise, put a cork in it.

It's at low levels, where damage reduction is rare, and the multiplication with the darts is highest, where the darts are probably most unbalanced. It also strikes me as just wrong that (with constant strength) the higher level darts have less damage potential than the lower level ones.

I'd suggest making the number of darts constant - say, 1d6 - and keeping all the regular bonuses. This would be the equivalent of (on average) 3.5 dart attacks per round, which seems totally reasonable to me. Quite useful on things with little or no DR, less so on high DR enemies, but that's just the kind of up-side down-side thing that makes a weapon interesting.

With numbers like that, you get the added bonus of variety, because it becomes sane to start adding other properties - alignments, energy damage, transmuting, and perhaps most importantly returning - to the weapon. I suppose you could argue that you'd rather see this as a singular, unique item - Twenty shots of uber power dart per loot drop - but personally I think it'd be even cooler as a general property.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default Explanations of Soulsinger and Cloak of Retribution

Cloak of Retribution: Perhaps viscious mechanic was the wrong term to use. What this cloak does is reflect back the amount of the damage reduction back upon the creature causing damage of any type. In other words if a knoll hits you for 15 pts of pierce damage, a cleric hits your for 50 pts of fire damage, and a mage hits your for 35 pts of cold damage 5pts from each will be reduced by this cloak and reflected back upon them causing each 5pts of damage. the kinetic discharge I believe is self explanatory. What makes this cloak so high level is it is DR5 all.

Soulsinger: The evil effect is in no way overpowered you have to make 3 critical hits in a short period of time and having them fail saves to trigger the most lethal of the evil effects. For high levels dc20 is not that high of a save to achieve. For the good effect it was an unintenial effect. Again the first mechanic acts like a diplo mechanic not a big deal. To activate the charm effect you would have to have them fail a second will save in a row and at dc20 at such high levels that is not likely to happen that often. Lastly the charm effect does not last very long. Therefore you are not very likely to every be able to develop a charmed army.

Let me break this down into simple language since no ones seems to understand soulsinger:

Its an astral effect on the soul therefor damge is astral in nature and thus bypasses all dr currently available (perhaps deathward would prevent not sure others would have to comment)
    The basic evil effect is d8 extra astral damage on the soul
    Crtical hits: crit one: dc20 or be stunned for ranks/2 in perfrom rounds which means rougly 9.5 seconds (mind you ranks not total perfrom skill big diff there folks), a second crit while stunned and a failed save means 4 extra damage of skill in perform/2 its a lot but to get it is not that easy. A thrid crit while under the influence of the first and a failed save is death. Again not that easy to achieve. Mind you stunned acts like sound burst and not stunning blow so no auto crits. There is simply no way you can consider this overpowered.

Good effect: again simple and easy. acts as diplo on any hit if there is a failed will save. If the save is failed a second save is made and if failed the creature acts as charmed for a number of seconds equal to the bards ranks (not total) in perform. Currently that is 19seconds (total rank at this point is 19 4 at first level and 15 more). That is not very long at all and require to failed will saves to achieve. At the higher level this starts to go down as most good aligned creatures we encounter tend not to have poor will saves.

To clarify:

Good effect:

1) Regular hit: diplomacy like effect on a dc20 will save (if soulsinger notes are so pure as to damage evil creatures then by the laws of metaphysics there should be some kind of positve effect on good creatures you judy can not get around that from a logical perspective)
    2) Regular Hit: failed first will save, automatic second will save. If passed see number 1, if failed then is the wielders ally (per charm effect) for a number of seconds equal to rank (not total perform skill but total skill appoints put in to perform) in perform. current max is a whopping 19 seconds. much shorter then even a 1st level charm spell.

Final verdict: not possibly overpowered. duration of charm short. requirements to charm are high 2 failed relatively low dc's; diplo effect is likely at lower dc then most people who max diplo would have at the levels soulsinger could be used. lastly the effects on good were unintential when it was created but the make sense in they way souslinger effects a person (see below)

Evil effect:
    regular hit: d8 astral damage to the soul; essentially untyped due to current dr's available although i think deathward would block
    Critical hit: stunned (per sound burst mechanic ie no auto crits) for a numbero seconds equal to ranks in perform (not total with modifiers)/2 currenlty 9.5 seconds
    Crit hit 2 (while stunned by first only): damage equal to total perform skill/2
    crit hit 3 (while under effect of original stun) failed dc20 fortitude save is lethal otherwise apply damge as per crit hit 2

Verdict: again i can't see how this is overpowered. Regular hit is not truly untyped but for current dr's comes close. its astral damage on the soul. the rest requires multiple critical hits in a row which are not granted automatically. A vorpal weapon is more overpowered then this. If this is overpowered then you all need to vote to remove vorpals.
    Last edited by RavenStormclaw; 05-18-2008 at 03:27 PM.

My apologies. Somehow, I totally missed that all that required critical hits.

Given that, I still feel that the weapon is overdoing things a bit on the complexity front, and that the Good effects are potentially troublesome. I'd drop the effects on Good targets all together, and adjust the presentation of the Evil effects - something as simple as bullet points could make this easier to wrap the brain around. As for the untyped damage, I'd suggest making it Good damage (as done by Holy weapons), which seems to be what you're describing anyway.

To clarify: I will not rework soulsinge again. The sword is as good as it gets. The effects make sense if you use a little logic and the most devestating effects have high requirements to trigger. Effects much less likely to go off then a 1/20 chance of a vorpal. If you can justify a vorpal then you can not quibble over this. I thank you all for your comments. Soulsinger is in its final version.

Name: Drinker
    Type: Dagger
    Properties: +5 Viscious Dagger
    Damage: Regular
    Special Properties: Lifestealing; ressurection
    Property Description: On any crtical hit that results in the death of the victim or if the wielder is a rogue using way of the assasin II and successfully kills their victim Drinker will feast on the victims soul drinking their lifeforce into the hilt of this weapon. If at anytime the wielder of Drinker is killed while wielding drinker (actually has to be in your hand) after 60 seconds of death drinker will pour the stolen lifeforce into them acting as a true ressurection spell. Drinker can only hold one charge at a time.
    ML: 14
    Found: Very rare drop in Giant hold rare encounter chests

Flavor: It is said that the great assasin Keldar the Dark sold his soul to an arch-devil for this blade. It is known that he allowed several copies to be made. With this blade in hand Keldar was said to be immortal (at least he appeared that way left for dead many times but always reappearing). Keldar; however; met his match perishing somewhere in the ruins of Gianthold while trying to assasinate some minor gnoll or hobgoblin chieftan.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawXIV View Post
    Name: Spell Channeling: [Specific Spell]
    Type: General Item Property
    Minimum Level: (2 x Spell Level) + 4

Effects: This effect reduces the spell level of the specified spell for the purposes of calculating its spell point cost only. This property comes in the four common grades, from Lesser to Superior, reducing spell level by one to four levels, to a minimum of one.

Found: This property is most common for buffs and least common for heal and repair spells. It appears primarily on Rings as an only property, and weapons along with other properties. It appears with varying frequency on level-appropriate loot.

Flavor: Created to enhance spell casting abilities without allowing magical powers into the hands of the untrained, arcane and spiritual foci of this type have often been mistaken for ordinary, non-magical objects and thrown by the way-side by unwitting adventurers.

Variations: In rare cases, this property may appear on raid loot or quest rewards applied to groups of spells. For example, a Staff or Runes which has Spell Channeling: Symbols, or a Crystal Prism which has Lesser Spell Channeling: Illusion Spells. These should be exceedingly rare, and limited to small, specialized groups, never groups such as all healing spells, or all spells of a specific energy type, unless further limited by factors such as level range or other more specific qualifications.
    Thx for balance comments on tons of items chainsawXIV. This channeling of yours seems cool but my post is for items and not item properties. Can you please post an item using my provided template incorporating your new attribute Spell Channeling in it? THX THX THX
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-19-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    To clarify: I will not rework soulsinge again. The sword is as good as it gets. The effects make sense if you use a little logic and the most devestating effects have high requirements to trigger. Effects much less likely to go off then a 1/20 chance of a vorpal. If you can justify a vorpal then you can not quibble over this. I thank you all for your comments. Soulsinger is in its final version.
    I am sorry to hear you will not possibly rework soulsinger again. I admire the fire you bring to defend your weapon but I can sense a tad of hostility and possibly impatience with the community in your reply. Soulsinger is the most complicated and hard to judge item on the ballot and we need patience to iron it out. I think you may need a version 5 to satisfy the others; however, I changed my verdict to balanced after you showed that it was ranks in perform and not total perform that was being used in some calculations.

Oh a note to RavenStormclaw and any other people that are not using the provided item template on page 1: Your killing my fingers and giving me carpal tunnel syndromage.
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-19-2008 at 01:46 AM.

I decided to redo my items again based on feedback and came to realization that indeed 1s should always miss. Changes are in yellow.

Item Name: Guided Lopper (Attempt 3)
    Item Type: Great Axe +5
    Found in: LV 18-20 very rare static quest series endchest
    Min LV: 20
    Changed Basic Values: -
    DDO Attributes: Vorpal, Seeker +8
    New Attributes:
    Guided Attack - Whenever the first roll is a 2 on your attack roll and this roll would miss, roll again and ignore the previous roll.
    Guided Critical - Whenever the first roll is a 2 on your confrim crit roll and this roll would not confirm the crit, roll again and ignore the previous roll.
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "Swings itself, you just have to carry it and aim it at necks."
    Author: Yagmoth

I have changed Metamagic Band to attempt iv.

I appreciate your patience and feedback on my items. I am tryin to get these worked out so I can post a couple of the 100 I have saves already to a word doc. Yes Im nutty at creating.
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-20-2008 at 12:49 AM.

After some helpful feedback I will adjust the Mono-string Harp set.
    It will be a bit, I need to consider this so I don't end up needing
    to adjust it more than once.

Once again, thxs for the feed back
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Thx for balance comments on tons of items chainsawXIV. This channeling of yours seems cool but my post is for items and not item properties. Can you please post an item using my provided template incorporating your new attribute Spell Channeling in it? THX THX THX
    My intention was to suggest a new type of randomly generated item really, but here are a couple of example items with the property, one 'randomly generate' and the other named raid loot style:

Item Name: Ring of Spell Channeling (Fireball)
    Item Type: Ring
    Found in: Random loot chests, level 10 range
    Min LV: 10
    Changed Basic Values: None
    DDO Attributes: None
    New Attributes: Spell Channeling (Fireball) - For purposes of calculating spell point cost, the spell level of Fireball is reduced by two for the wearer.
    Other specials: None
    Clicky(s): None
    Flavor: "Magical facilitators like these were created to enhance spell casting, without letting magic fall into the wrong hands."
    Author: ChainsawXIV

Item Name: The Shavarath Codex
    Item Type: Scepter (Scroll Appearance)
    Found in: Shroud 20th Completion Reward Option
    Min LV: 16
    DDO Attributes: None
    New Attributes: Greater Spell Channeling (Summon Monster) - For purposes of calculating spell point cost, the spell levels of all Summon Monster spells are reduced by three for the bearer, to a minimum of level one.
    Clicky(s): None
    Flavor: "This blood stained, brass bound scroll contains a list of names, a roll call of creatures bound to service in Shavarath's armies, which can be used to focus the power of Summoning spells."
    Author: ChainsawXIV

I am sorry to hear you will not possibly rework soulsinger again. I admire the fire you bring to defend your weapon but I can sense a tad of hostility and possibly impatience with the community in your reply. Soulsinger is the most complicated and hard to judge item on the ballot and we need patience to iron it out. I think you may need a version 5 to satisfy the others; however, I changed my verdict to balanced after you showed that it was ranks in perform and not total perform that was being used in some calculations.

Oh a note to RavenStormclaw and any other people that are not using the provided item template on page 1: Your killing my fingers and giving me carpal tunnel syndromage.

I am sorry Yag. I wan not intending to be hostile just frustrated. I will never give up on soulsinger. My last post on it spelled out its properties in as basic as a form as I can get. Given that the most powerfull of effects require either multiple crits or multiple failed will saves in a row I simply feel it is a balanced as it can get and I couldn't see how to balance it any further. Again if anyone thougth I was being hostile I did not mean to be just frustrated.

Default Ring of Resurgence

Item Name: Ring of Resurgence
    Item Type: Ring
    Found in: Any chest where a Minimum Level 15 Item could drop. (Very Rare)
    Min LV: 15
    DDO Attributes: Resets ALL "Uses per Rest" abilities for Your character (self only). 1x/rest. Exclusive. Gold for hardness, Lvl 15 item for durability.
    New Attributes: None
    Clicky(s): As Above
    Flavor: "Forged By the Silver Flame to Aid Only their Most revered Champions, this very rare and Highly prized ring was originally designed to double the number of turn undead attempts a Cleric could accomplish before resting (Since it's creation, other interesting uses have also been discovered.......).- The Silver Flame Chronicles- Chapter 4."
    Author: ThrasherGT
    Last edited by ThrasherGT; 05-19-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    Mmmmmmmmm.......Doughnuts! - Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast