Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 121
  1. #21
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Ok the next item is, not an item...it is a feat

    Magic Meta Feat - Wild Magic

    If you turn it on (everyone should run for cover :-O)
    it costs +30 spell points

    It doubles the chance of a critical hit (if applicable)
    It triples the chance of spell failure (if applicable)
    It has a base chance of 30% Critical Failure (-1% per point of Int above 10, -1% per point of Cons skill, +1 % per spell lvl attemped)
    Critical Failure = loss of all remaining spell points and 50% of your remaining hit points and a 1D6 per spell level hp dam AOE explosion (could kill ya or your friends)

    ok, why would you want to use it?


    It lets you attempt any spell available at your max casting level (if you can cast upto 2nd lvl..then you can try this upto
    2nd lvl) no matter if you have choose the spell or not or if you know the spell (is not in spell book or for Sorc was never choose) or not (spell is choosen from a pop up menu during casting..you only have
    a few seconds to find and choose the spell or it goes into auto Critical Failure)
    There is some fun animation to warn party members a caster is attempting it.

    Basically, it is the ability for a caster to attempt to cast a spell they have not studied and they are faking it on the spot.
    very dangerous, very fun.
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 05-15-2008 at 05:39 PM.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

  2. #22

    Default

    A) Couple of concerns :

    1) Limited balance comments. Some ppl are posting items but not giving any feedback on other's items. I dont have enough balance comments to start fleshing out items to the final list. Please use the balance comments template to give your feedback on all items.

    2) Limited Interest. We are still getting alot of views but limited posts. I will just hope this thread catches on. Tell your friends to post! Even if this doesnt take off, I have over 100 items of my own you kind peeps can comment on so I can keep it alive for awhile yet.

    3) Off-topic posts. I will state here that this is set up to be the item thread. Please dont post ideas for feats, spells, classes, and such. I am sure they are good....this just isnt the place for them. I forgive you fatherpirate.


    B) Reasons to rejoice :

    1) Great item ideas. The people that are thinking up items have some winners here. Standouts are definitely the Spellbook, Sturdy Wizardry Shaft, and the Xanadu Dress (Oh wait I havent released that yet heh.)

    2) Good ppl. So far we are keeping it nice and civil. I would like to say here that my comments in an item's dislike has nothing to do with the strength of the idea or the person. Some ideas just need reworking much like the soulsinger does. Its a fantastic idea to integrate skills and alignment into an item (in soulsinger's case perform). The item just isnt working in my opinion yet.

    PLS PLS PLS post ur balance comments on all items. This is most important of all.

  3. #23
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagmoth View Post
    A) Couple of concerns :

    1) Limited balance comments. Some ppl are posting items but not giving any feedback on other's items. I dont have enough balance comments to start fleshing out items to the final list. Please use the balance comments template to give your feedback on all items.

    2) Limited Interest. We are still getting alot of views but limited posts. I will just hope this thread catches on. Tell your friends to post! Even if this doesnt take off, I have over 100 items of my own you kind peeps can comment on so I can keep it alive for awhile yet.

    3) Off-topic posts. I will state here that this is set up to be the item thread. Please dont post ideas for feats, spells, classes, and such. I am sure they are good....this just isnt the place for them. I forgive you fatherpirate.


    B) Reasons to rejoice :

    1) Great item ideas. The people that are thinking up items have some winners here. Standouts are definitely the Spellbook, Sturdy Wizardry Shaft, and the Xanadu Dress (Oh wait I havent released that yet heh.)

    2) Good ppl. So far we are keeping it nice and civil. I would like to say here that my comments in an item's dislike has nothing to do with the strength of the idea or the person. Some ideas just need reworking much like the soulsinger does. Its a fantastic idea to integrate skills and alignment into an item (in soulsinger's case perform). The item just isnt working in my opinion yet.

    PLS PLS PLS post ur balance comments on all items. This is most important of all.

    Yag you've not commented on the rework of Soulsinger. Its in this thread. I need some feedback on it.
    Never mind saw your comments
    Last edited by RavenStormclaw; 05-16-2008 at 09:46 AM.

  4. #24
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Rework #3:

    Sousinger
    +3 Long sword
    Special requirements: Bard with at least 10 ranks of perform
    ML 8
    Damaged based on Alignment of creature struck

    Good: Peace (follows fear mechanic) filled with inner peace and no desire to fight for 6 seconds x rank in perform/2. Major difference is creatures under peace influence will fight back if attacked. DC24 will save

    Neutral: The confusing notes set up in a neutral creatures soul leaves it bewildered. On any hit DC24 will save or -1 to hit/damage/saves for 3 seconds due to brief confusion. On a critical hit the notes are stronger caused the creature to be for 3 seconds per bard level

    Evil: The power of soulsinger is truly evident here: Any evil creature struck by soulsinger feels the agony of it pure notes in its soul causing 1d8 additional damage (non-typeable). On a critical hit DC24 will save must be made or the creature is stunned per sound bur mechanic for 2 seconds x rank in perform/3, if a second critical hit is made with soulsinger while a creature is stunned they must make a dc24 fortitude save or suffer 8d6 damage for the agonizing resonance set up in their souls. A third critical hit while under the influence of the first is lethal on a failed dc24 fortitude save.

    This harshness on evil is intential. The bard who created soulsinger truly hated the evil of the world. This hatred was transfered to soulsinger when he sung his lifeforce into to it.

    Hope this is an improvement.

  5. #25
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    General's Don
    Like:Good for paladins/clerics
    Dislike:none
    Verdict: balanced

    The Guided Lopper
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    The Guided Lopper (Attempt 2)
    Like: good for non-dwarves
    Dislike:may be overpowered in the hands of a dwarf with all the axe enhancements
    Verdict: gonna go with balanced despite the dwarven concern

    The Metamagic Band
    Like: Like the doge bonuses for having metamagics active
    Dislike:none
    Verdict: balanced

    The Metamagic Band (Attempt 2)
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    White Steel
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Beguiler
    Like: auto diplo....good for the casters....be fun to see an intimitank with high diplo using this
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

    Tyrant's Bane
    Like: stackable bane
    Dislike: stackable bane
    Verdict: probable balanced but in real life may be way overpowered (would need actual testing)

    Punch's Club
    Like: watch out beholders
    Dislike: needs more definition on dc's and such
    Verdict: pending changes

    Mattock of the Titans
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

    Sidearm
    Like: love it...good for twf at low levesl without having to take feat at level 1
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

    Sparkshield
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: fun and situational but balanced

    Glamour
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

    Soulsinger
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Soulsinger (Attempt 2)
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Glowing ___ Ioun Stone
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

    Earring of the Practitioner
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

    Nosering of the Brute
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Fencer's Medallion
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: needs to be very rary otherwise way overpowered

    Talisman of the Sentinel
    Like: very good for rogues
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced

    Brooch of Spell Warding
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Sturdy Wizardry Staff
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Stolen Spell Book
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict: balanced
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Raven
    Last edited by RavenStormclaw; 05-16-2008 at 11:47 AM.

  6. #26
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,030

    Default One more

    Now that i managed to comment on all current suggestions I have one more.

    Wheat Thrasher Champion's blade
    +1 Keen Sickle
    Normal Base damage
    Special properties: Haste (self only) 3/rest as 5th level caster
    ML:2

    Flavor: There is a small village just outside of Stormreach that held a wheat cutting contest every fall. For many years the Glendal Hammertoe was the champion beating every other contest by many many minutes. He was lost in an orc raid. Many say his victories were due to this blade.

    Found: Rare drop in cerullean hills orc related chests.

    Cloak of Retribution
    Type Cloak
    Durability high
    Property: Protection +6
    Special Properites: Woven of very rare mitrhal thread this cloak grants a +6 deflection bonus to AC. Its true power is in the special enchantments. This cloak has a dr 5 all and this damage reduction is reflected back onto the creature that caused it causing a like amount of damage. Some of the kinetic energy that the cloak absorbs is held within the special mithral fibers and there is a 1% chance per hit that a kinetic dishcarge will occur causing 2d6 damage to all creatures in a 5 foot radius around the wearer.
    ML: 12
    Found: Very Rare drop in level 14 or higher chests

    Flavor: The archmage Telendor contracted a group of dwarven artisans and smith to refine the technique of creating mithral thread. When they did he slaughtered them all so only he knew the techniques. One day his son was going to be involved in a duel to the death over a girl so Telendor created this cloak to help him win. He was latered contracted by some very nefarious organizations to create more of these cloaks for their spies and assasins. A group of Paladins learned of this and sacked the mages tower and killed Telendor and his son but not before several of these cloaks had been created and delivered.
    Last edited by RavenStormclaw; 05-16-2008 at 12:29 PM.

  7. #27
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Rework #3:

    Sousinger
    +3 Long sword
    Special requirements: Bard with at least 10 ranks of perform
    ML 8
    Damaged based on Alignment of creature struck

    Good: Peace (follows fear mechanic) filled with inner peace and no desire to fight for 6 seconds x rank in perform/2. Major difference is creatures under peace influence will fight back if attacked. DC24 will save

    Neutral: The confusing notes set up in a neutral creatures soul leaves it bewildered. On any hit DC24 will save or -1 to hit/damage/saves for 3 seconds due to brief confusion. On a critical hit the notes are stronger caused the creature to be for 3 seconds per bard level

    Evil: The power of soulsinger is truly evident here: Any evil creature struck by soulsinger feels the agony of it pure notes in its soul causing 1d8 additional damage (non-typeable). On a critical hit DC24 will save must be made or the creature is stunned per sound bur mechanic for 2 seconds x rank in perform/3, if a second critical hit is made with soulsinger while a creature is stunned they must make a dc24 fortitude save or suffer 8d6 damage for the agonizing resonance set up in their souls. A third critical hit while under the influence of the first is lethal on a failed dc24 fortitude save.

    This harshness on evil is intential. The bard who created soulsinger truly hated the evil of the world. This hatred was transfered to soulsinger when he sung his lifeforce into to it.

    Hope this is an improvement.
    might want to slip in a small adjustment.
    A sword like that should have a very specific alighnment requirement
    and a heafty lvl requirement..overall, interesting

    verdict - a tad overpowered, can be balanced with stricter use requirements

    game on
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 05-16-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

  8. #28
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    ok, will share a very special weapon created for a NWN persistant world....

    The fabled Mono-string Harps

    Lesser Mono-string Harp

    Requirements - elf, half elf, or human
    -------------- Bard, Ranger, or Fighter with Long Bow specialization

    Level Req. 4
    Rarity - very rare

    Composite Long Bow +1 enchantment (does not need arrows)

    equipt stats - +1 Perform
    ------------- +1 Hide
    ------------- +1 Move Silently

    Intricate bow with a slightly purple color
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Mono-string Harp

    Requirements - Elf, Half Elf
    -------------- Bard, or Ranger

    Level Requirement 7
    Rarity- Extremely rare...tall tale to most

    Composite Longbow +2 enchantment (does not need arrows)
    Generated arrows do an additional +1 Sonic damage

    Equip Stats - +3 Perform
    ------------- +3 Hide
    ------------- +3 Move Silently
    ------------- +1 Spot
    ------------- +20 spell points

    Intricate bow with a slight purple glow
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Epic Mono-string Harp
    >>>> Binds on aquire<<<<

    Requirements - Elf
    -------------- Bard

    Level requirement 13
    Rarity - Myth ?

    Composite Longbow +3 Mithral (does not need arrows)
    generated arrows do an additional 1D10 sonic

    Equip stats +1 Dex (perm. addition, like a tomb/book)(one time only)
    ----------- +4 Perform
    ----------- +4 Hide
    ----------- +4 Move Silently
    ----------- +2 Spot
    ----------- +50 spell points

    Spell Camoflage 3/day

    Epic Bow that glows purple

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sages have rumored that even after great study, all they know about the bows are that they
    originate from a lost (?) Elven culture many thousands of years old. The bows were originally just
    fancy curio's that collectors had and traded until 20 years ago they all started to exibit thier powers.

    Most Sage groups that studied the weapons history, before and after the "Awakening" publically admit
    a small amount of concern. Why did they activate ? (reactivate ?)

    Then there is alot for sages to be concerned about...being sages after all, like that similar thing with some oddly
    dark colored staves........................................
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 05-16-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

  9. #29
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    Now that i managed to comment on all current suggestions I have one more.

    Wheat Thrasher Champion's blade
    +1 Keen Sickle
    Normal Base damage
    Special properties: Haste (self only) 3/rest as 5th level caster
    ML:2

    Flavor: There is a small village just outside of Stormreach that held a wheat cutting contest every fall. For many years the Glendal Hammertoe was the champion beating every other contest by many many minutes. He was lost in an orc raid. Many say his victories were due to this blade.

    Found: Rare drop in cerullean hills orc related chests.

    Cloak of Retribution
    Type Cloak
    Durability high
    Property: Protection +6 <<< Recommend reduction to +5 , Fatherpirate>>>
    Special Properites: Woven of very rare mitrhal thread this cloak grants a +6 deflection bonus to AC. Its true power is in the special enchantments. This cloak has a dr 5 all and this damage reduction is reflected back onto the creature that caused it causing a like amount of damage. Some of the kinetic energy that the cloak absorbs is held within the special mithral fibers and there is a 1&#37; chance per hit that a kinetic dishcarge will occur causing 2d6 damage to all creatures in a 5 foot radius around the wearer.
    <<< damage reduction as a reflection might cause programing bugs...suggested change give the cloak 2d6 energy guard, where the
    energy is set to whatever type of damage the cloak last got hit by..if your toon was last BBQ'd ..then fire ect.., Fatherpirate>>>
    ML: 12
    Found: Very Rare drop in level 14 or higher chests

    Flavor: The archmage Telendor contracted a group of dwarven artisans and smith to refine the technique of creating mithral thread. When they did he slaughtered them all so only he knew the techniques. One day his son was going to be involved in a duel to the death over a girl so Telendor created this cloak to help him win. He was latered contracted by some very nefarious organizations to create more of these cloaks for their spies and assasins. A group of Paladins learned of this and sacked the mages tower and killed Telendor and his son but not before several of these cloaks had been created and delivered.

    Overpower, needs suggested or similar adjustment, also possible coding problem in current form
    just commenting on the cloak
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

  10. #30
    Founder Ghoste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.
    Posts
    4,709

    Default

    Interesting thread.

    Ok, how about these from the Eberron Campaign Setting book:
    Item Name: Essence of the Scout (modified from DDO version to the one found in the source book)
    Item Type: embedded component (docent)
    Found in: already found in chest in Stormcleave by magefire canon crates.
    Min LV: currently 2, would recommend boosting that, although not sure how much.
    Changed Basic Values:
    DDO Attributes: +5 competence bonus to move silently and hide, remove the current +2 armor enhancement.
    New Attributes: -
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "This dark metal disk is engraved with symbols representing silence and stealth. When embedded in the chest of a warforged, it occupies space on the body as an amulet and grants the character a +5 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks."
    "Moderate Illusion; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item. invisibility, silence. Price: 5,000 gp."
    Author: Wizards of the Coast

    Item Name: Improved Essence of the Scout (also found in the source book)
    Item Type: embedded component (docent)
    Found in: ?
    Min LV: ?
    Changed Basic Values:
    DDO Attributes: +10 competence bonus to move silently and hide.
    New Attributes: -
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "This dark metal disk is engraved with symbols representing silence and stealth. When embedded in the chest of a warforged, it occupies space on the body as an amulet and grants the character a +10 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks."
    "Moderate Illusion; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item. invisibility, silence. Price: 20,000 gp."
    Author: Wizards of the Coast

    Item Name: Greater Essence of the Scout (also found in the source book)
    Item Type: embedded component (docent)
    Found in: ?
    Min LV: ?
    Changed Basic Values:
    DDO Attributes: +15 competence bonus to move silently and hide.
    New Attributes: -
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "This dark metal disk is engraved with symbols representing silence and stealth. When embedded in the chest of a warforged, it occupies space on the body as an amulet and grants the character a +15 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks."
    "Moderate Illusion; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item. invisibility, silence. Price: 45,000 gp."
    Author: Wizards of the Coast

    Not sure what min level people think would be appropriate for these, however would like to point out that in PnP the lower level one can be crafted and used by a lvl 5 character, and the higher ones by level 10 characters.

    Going by base value used in DDO though, that would put the improved essence of the scout at min lvl 8, and the greater at min lvl (10-12?)
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

  11. #31
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Fatherpirate, thanks for your comments. You can up the ML or perform requirement but I think the alignment restriction is a bit much. It is already limited to at least a 7th level of bard as that is the minimum level to get the minimum level of ranks in perform. I think that is fairly restrictted although if you think it is overpowered I could see going up on the perform requirement I just don't know how high. Suggestions welcome.

    As to the cloak. The reflection property really isn't an issue the mechanic already exists in the form of the viscious property very little coding would be required to change this. I am curious why change it to protection +5 as opposed to 6? +6 items already exitst in the game. Thinking about it I would not change anything but might consider upping the ML to 14 at that level I don't think the relfective properties are really that overpowerd.

    Raven

  12. #32
    Community Member dameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Sorry, all I've got time for now:

    ------


    General's Don
    Like: A great thematic piece of armor.
    Dislike: Guilds would make sure only 1 player wore the armor, pug would soon follow. Plus I think the implementation would be hard.
    Verdict: Balanced.

    The Guided Lopper
    Like: It would probably look quite cool.
    Dislike: At it's base it's a +5 Seeker (+6) Vorpal Greataxe . May who would use it would only miss on on a 1, so you halve even those misses. Who would consider a +5 vorpal +free bloodstone + reroll misses a level 16 weapon if it's not level 18-20 raid loot?
    Verdict: Overpowered

    The Guided Lopper (Attempt 2)
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    The Metamagic Band
    Like: It's an item that favors wizards more than sorcerers.
    Dislike: Lots of high end guys run with a ton of metamagic feats on 24/7, so it basically becomes a +3 to +5 stacking AC bonus, besides the other stuff. Turning on metamagics instantaneously (for macro savvy players) means people would be able to program a button that would instantly turn on and off the bonus.
    Verdict: Overpowered, especially for level a level 10 dungeon (think Stormcleave elite)

    The Metamagic Band (Attempt 2)
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    White Steel
    Like: Ooze proof weapons drop for a free material slot.
    Dislike: Everything but two handers become finesse weapons.
    Verdict: Overpowered, especially for a material.

    Beguiler
    Like: Not much.
    Dislike: It flies in the face of the PnP enchantment spellcasting rules . You can't stab someone with a +5 keen dagger and expect them to become your friend. This property would fit much better on a shield or armor.
    Verdict: Overpowered

    Tyrant's Bane
    Like: Thematically well thought out. It's a bastard sword which desperately need love.
    Dislike: The clicky seems like it was tacked on.
    Verdict: Balanced

    Punch's Club
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Mattock of the Titans
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Sidearm
    Like: Low level loot rocks.
    Dislike: You're giving up at least 2 points of AC, during the levels when AC really matters, for the right to swing a +1 dagger occasionally.
    Verdict: Underpowered

    Sparkshield
    Like: Would probably look cool.
    Dislike: Trading 4 points of AC + the requirement to be blocking seems a bit much, aside from the -5 to hide.
    Verdict: Underpowered

    Glamour
    Like: Not much.
    Dislike: Everything that attacks (not hits) you? It's way better than fearsome and it's a level 5 ring. Would a level 5 fearsome ring be overpowerd?
    Verdict: Overpowered

    Soulsinger
    Like: Bard weapon. Without magical instruments they need something like this.
    Dislike: Far too underpowered vs. evil and overpowered vs. good/neutral. You basically can neutralize good or neutrals automatically (or is there a DC in there?) but against evil it's pretty much a 1 round bane spell.
    Verdict: Incomplete.

    Soulsinger (Attempt 2)
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:

    Glowing ___ Ioun Stone
    Like: Ioun stone's need love
    Dislike: What kind of bonus is that +4? ML 13 stat enhancement items are usually +5.
    Verdict: Underpowerd

    Earring of the Practitioner
    Like: We need more trinkets
    Dislike: If it's not a unique item you'll see people with 20 of these, or passing them around.
    Verdict: Balanced.

    Nosering of the Brute
    Like: A melee trinket, we need more. Hell, we need more trinkets of any level.
    Dislike: Stackable only goes so far. Maybe this is just a placeholder for a bloodstone, but for a possibly level 11 pull it seems weak.
    Verdict: Underpowered

    Fencer's Medallion
    Like: Another melee trinket, good.
    Dislike: Weak for a possible level 14 pull. Attests more to the lameness of melee trinkets than anything else.
    Verdict: Underpowered

    Talisman of the Sentinel
    Like: Another good trinket idea.
    Dislike: Might make higher level natural armor items seem relatively less valuable.
    Verdict: Seems perfectly balanced to me. Perhaps slightly overpowered, but only by the relative lack of natural armor bonuses already in the game.

    Brooch of Spell Warding
    Like: Trinket
    Dislike: Could drop out of far too high level chests. Reduce the levels it appears to 3-5 and it's golden.
    Verdict: Underpowered

    Sturdy Wizardry Staff
    Like: Pretty much everything
    Dislike: Using vicious and -0 attack stat as to deter melee types. Hell, lots of barbarians love viscious and hit on a 2 with almost any weapon so it's hardly a hindrance to those that would want it most.
    Verdict: Incomplete

    Stolen Spell Book
    Like:
    Dislike:
    Verdict:
    Last edited by dameron; 05-16-2008 at 10:01 PM.

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
    Interesting thread.

    Ok, how about these from the Eberron Campaign Setting book:
    Item Name: Essence of the Scout (modified from DDO version to the one found in the source book)
    Item Type: embedded component (docent)
    Found in: already found in chest in Stormcleave by magefire canon crates.
    Min LV: currently 2, would recommend boosting that, although not sure how much.
    Changed Basic Values:
    DDO Attributes: +5 competence bonus to move silently and hide, remove the current +2 armor enhancement.
    New Attributes: -
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "This dark metal disk is engraved with symbols representing silence and stealth. When embedded in the chest of a warforged, it occupies space on the body as an amulet and grants the character a +5 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks."
    "Moderate Illusion; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item. invisibility, silence. Price: 5,000 gp."
    Author: Wizards of the Coast

    Item Name: Improved Essence of the Scout (also found in the source book)
    Item Type: embedded component (docent)
    Found in: ?
    Min LV: ?
    Changed Basic Values:
    DDO Attributes: +10 competence bonus to move silently and hide.
    New Attributes: -
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "This dark metal disk is engraved with symbols representing silence and stealth. When embedded in the chest of a warforged, it occupies space on the body as an amulet and grants the character a +10 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks."
    "Moderate Illusion; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item. invisibility, silence. Price: 20,000 gp."
    Author: Wizards of the Coast

    Item Name: Greater Essence of the Scout (also found in the source book)
    Item Type: embedded component (docent)
    Found in: ?
    Min LV: ?
    Changed Basic Values:
    DDO Attributes: +15 competence bonus to move silently and hide.
    New Attributes: -
    Other specials: -
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "This dark metal disk is engraved with symbols representing silence and stealth. When embedded in the chest of a warforged, it occupies space on the body as an amulet and grants the character a +15 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks."
    "Moderate Illusion; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item. invisibility, silence. Price: 45,000 gp."
    Author: Wizards of the Coast

    Not sure what min level people think would be appropriate for these, however would like to point out that in PnP the lower level one can be crafted and used by a lvl 5 character, and the higher ones by level 10 characters.

    Going by base value used in DDO though, that would put the improved essence of the scout at min lvl 8, and the greater at min lvl (10-12?)
    Thx for your interest in thread; however, we are looking for items to add to DDO and since similar items exist that do these things, I am not going to consider these for the list. Sorry. Can you post something of your design?



    fatherpirate says:
    ok, will share a very special weapon created for a NWN persistant world....

    The fabled Mono-string Harps

    Lesser Mono-string Harp

    Requirements - elf, half elf, or human
    -------------- Bard, Ranger, or Fighter with Long Bow specialization

    Level Req. 4
    Rarity - very rare

    Composite Long Bow +1 enchantment (does not need arrows)

    equipt stats - +1 Perform
    ------------- +1 Hide
    ------------- +1 Move Silently

    Intricate bow with a slightly purple color
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Mono-string Harp

    Requirements - Elf, Half Elf
    -------------- Bard, or Ranger

    Level Requirement 7
    Rarity- Extremely rare...tall tale to most

    Composite Longbow +2 enchantment (does not need arrows)
    Generated arrows do an additional +1 Sonic damage

    Equip Stats - +3 Perform
    ------------- +3 Hide
    ------------- +3 Move Silently
    ------------- +1 Spot
    ------------- +20 spell points

    Intricate bow with a slight purple glow
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Epic Mono-string Harp
    >>>> Binds on aquire<<<<

    Requirements - Elf
    -------------- Bard

    Level requirement 13
    Rarity - Myth ?

    Composite Longbow +3 Mithral (does not need arrows)
    generated arrows do an additional 1D10 sonic

    Equip stats +1 Dex (perm. addition, like a tomb/book)(one time only)
    ----------- +4 Perform
    ----------- +4 Hide
    ----------- +4 Move Silently
    ----------- +2 Spot
    ----------- +50 spell points

    Spell Camoflage 3/day

    Epic Bow that glows purple

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sages have rumored that even after great study, all they know about the bows are that they
    originate from a lost (?) Elven culture many thousands of years old. The bows were originally just
    fancy curio's that collectors had and traded until 20 years ago they all started to exibit thier powers.

    Most Sage groups that studied the weapons history, before and after the "Awakening" publically admit
    a small amount of concern. Why did they activate ? (reactivate ?)

    Then there is alot for sages to be concerned about...being sages after all, like that similar thing with some oddly
    dark colored staves........................................
    Again we want items for DDO and not neverwinter nights. Did you mean to propose this for DDO?
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-17-2008 at 02:42 AM.

  14. #34

    Default

    I have updated rule 4: Do NOT post items if your previous items have not been balanced by the community and added to the final balance list.
    The change here is that 'balanced' replaced 'commented on'.
    So PLS PLS PLS wait till your submission is balanced by community and added to the final balance list before you post more items. THX THX THX

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    PLS PLS PLS use the provided item template to make it easier on me if your item makes it to the final list. IF your think this template should be changed, then please send me a private message. That item template again is here:
    Item Name:
    Item Type:
    Found in:
    Min LV:
    Changed Basic Values:
    DDO Attributes:
    New Attributes:
    Other specials:
    Clicky(s):
    Flavor: " ."
    Author:
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-17-2008 at 03:02 AM.

  15. #35

    Default

    The following items have reached the required balance score and will soon be added to the final balance list without an objection:
    Tyrant's Bane and Talisman of the Sentinel.

    Thx for your continued support. Thread is progressing nicely and at a pace I am keeping up with.
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-17-2008 at 06:11 AM.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    704

    Default

    I updated my previous post with my balance opinions here.

    I hate to put more work on your plate Yagmoth but if you could add any new items, and possibly trim old versions of items, to your list of items from the previous thread it would make finding them to comment on, and making sure i haven't missed any, a bit easier. And just generally be good for organizing.
    • NEW – Tip #52 no longer mistakenly says that the Jump skill reduces falling damage. The appropriate skill is, in fact, tumble.

  17. #37
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Soulsinger attempt 4 and Cloak of Retribution 2

    Soulsinger (Attempt 4)
    Item Name: Soulsinger
    Item Type: Longsword +3
    Found in: LV 10 raid endchest
    Min LV: 10+ levels of bard
    Changed Basic Values: -
    DDO Attributes: competance bonus to perform = your bard level.
    New Attributes: -
    Other specials: This weapon strikes down evil creatures with the following: DC20 will save must be made on a crit or the creature is stunned per sound burst mechanic for rank in perform/2; round down seconds. If a critical hit is made with soulsinger while a creature is sound burst stunned, then the creature must make a DC20 fortitude save or suffer perform/2; round down damage. A creature that rolls a 1 on the fortitude save where that save would fail must make a DC 20 fortitude save or die. Each crit hit will attempt to renew the sound burst stun and deal extra damage. Different soulsingers will not affect each other. This tones it down, clarifies what stacks, and incorporates perform more into the blade. Forgot to add that on as non-critical hit by Soulsinger an evil creature suffer an additiona 1d8 damage due to the agony of the pure notes upon their soul. This damage is untyped and thus bypasses all dr. this damage does not apply on a critical hit.

    Good Effects: After the blade was created and used an unusual and unexpected feature was observed. The pure notes created by Soulsinger also resonant within the souls of good creatures struck by Soulsinger. They will see the Bard wielding this sword as a true champion against Evil and some may even join him in battle for a brief time. A good creature stuck by soulsinger must make a dc20 will save or stop attacking the bard (basically work like the diplo mechanic) if they fail the first will save they must make a dc20 will save or become the wielders ally for a number of seconds equal to the bards rank in perform.

    Flavor: The great Bard Elindrel of the Marshes hated evil with all his being. When he was on his death bed he sung his lifeforce into this sword as a gift to his students. Only the greatest of them can wield this blade. After it was created an accidental hit on a goodly Paladin revealed a most unusual and unexpected property of soulsinger. The properties of soulsinger leave neutral creatures uneffected excpet of course for the sharpness of the blade.

    (ok I know some of you think the good effects not consistent with the flavor but I thought about this and if the notes that soulsinger creates within a creatures soul are so pure to cause agony to evil then it seems those same pure notes would have some effect on good leaving neutral uneffected. I tried to make the good effects present but relatively minor as they were unintential (but logical) byproducts of the creation of this sword.
    Clicky(s): -
    Flavor: "This harshness on evil is intential. The bard who created soulsinger truly hated the evil of the world. This hatred was transfered to soulsinger when he sung his lifeforce into to it."

    Cloak of Retribution attempt 2
    Tyep cloak
    Basic Stats: Mithral thread for durability
    Damage Reduction 5/all (stackable)
    Special Properties: the unusal properties of mithral fiber and the enchantments allow the energy of the hits taken by this cloak to be reflected back upon the creature doing damage. The damage reduced by this cloak (5) is reflected back per visicious mechanic. With every hit this cloak takes there is a 5&#37; chance that some of the energy stored withing the mithral fibers is released in a kinetic dishcarge causing 3d8 damage to any creature within a 5foot radius of the wearer.

    flavor: see prior entry
    ML: 14
    Found: Very Rare drop in vale end chests
    Last edited by RavenStormclaw; 05-17-2008 at 02:09 PM.

  18. #38
    Founder Gornin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Here is an old favorite of mine for rogues and arcane casters. I am not sure how to figure ML for DDO, so someone else can do that for me, but I will alter it to fit DDO schema.

    Item name: Dart of the Hornets Nest

    Item type: +1 to +5 dart, returning

    Item ML: Varies with attack bonus

    Found in: Varies with attack bonus

    Power(s): Upon being hurled, this dart creates a large humming sound reminiscent of a swarm of hornets, and splits into multiple darts to strike the enemy. Only one attack roll is made, and if successful, all darts created hit for damage. The attack and strength bonus is added per dart created. Dexterity is used for attack bonus. This could also be created as a shuriken.

    Number of darts created by bonus type.

    +1 = 5d4 ( 5-20 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +2 = 3d6 ( 3-18 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +3 = 2d8 ( 2-16 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +4 = 3d4 ( 3-12 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +5 = 1d10 ( 1-10) darts for 1d2 damage each

    These also could be made from adamantine/coldiron/byeshk and maybe have transmuting powers, but I don't think they should have any other powers like holy or disruption etc.
    Last edited by Gornin; 05-17-2008 at 02:59 PM.
    Gornin-F20, Snowleopard-M20(TR2), Locomotiv Breath-B20, Aqualung-FS20, Thickas a Brick-F17, WitchsPromis-Sorc20, Part of the Machine-Art20(TR1)
    No whining, unless you're serving really good cheese. Otherwise, put a cork in it.

  19. #39
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gornin View Post
    Here is an old favorite of mine for rogues and arcane casters. I am not sure how to figure ML for DDO, so someone else can do that for me, but I will alter it to fit DDO schema.

    Item name: Dart of the Hornets Nest

    Item type: +1 to +5 dart, returning

    Item ML: Varies with attack bonus

    Found in: Varies with attack bonus

    Power(s): Upon being hurled, this dart creates a large humming sound reminiscent of a swarm of hornets, and splits into multiple darts to strike the enemy. Only one attack roll is made, and if successful, all darts created hit for damage. The attack and strength bonus is added per dart created. Dexterity is used for attack bonus. This could also be created as a shuriken.

    Number of darts created by bonus type.

    +1 = 5d4 ( 5-20 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +2 = 3d6 ( 3-18 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +3 = 2d8 ( 2-16 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +4 = 3d4 ( 3-12 ) darts for 1d2 damage each

    +5 = 1d10 ( 1-10) darts for 1d2 damage each

    These also could be made from adamantine/coldiron/byeshk and maybe have transmuting powers, but I don't think they should have any other powers like holy or disruption etc.
    Interesting concept but way way way overpowered. If you are talking adding str and attack bonus to each dart creaged lets take an example to show how overpowered this is. +1 dart =5d4 average 10 that is on average 15 pts of damage from the darts themselves + 10 from the +1 stat + 4(18 srt) x 10=40 for a total of 15 + 10 + 40 average 75 pts of damage per hit at level 1...way to high and god forbid you give an end-game barbarian a +5 dart that is 5 x 1.5 (7) + 5 x 5(25) + 5 x 15(raging barb with 40 str)(75) for a total of 107 per hit with crits or a little luck that could be even higher non crit with max dar total would be 20 + 50 + 150 = 220 pts non-crit

    Love the idea but needs some serious adjustment

  20. #40
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagmoth View Post
    Thx for your interest in thread; however, we are looking for items to add to DDO and since similar items exist that do these things, I am not going to consider these for the list. Sorry. Can you post something of your design?





    Again we want items for DDO and not neverwinter nights. Did you mean to propose this for DDO?
    Said items were designed by me for a private NWN server..I am now offering them (and others that are story related)
    to DDO
    They are being suggested for DDO.

    also..why +5 instead of +6? am a hardcore old school AD+D player.....if memory serves AD+D +5 was max ..I know not in the new rules...but perhaps it should be...
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 05-17-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload