Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default Mirrored Armor

Item Name: Mirrored Armor
    Item Type: Fullplate, gauntlets, helm, boots
    Found in: Vault of Night and Demon Queen Raid chests
    Min LV: 8 (note special requirements listed under special)
    Changed Basic Values: Fullplate has its base AC value increased by 3
    DDO Attributes: basic armor
    New Attributes: spell reflection (any ray, bolt, or missle based spell is reflected by this armor wearer takes no damage)
    Other specials: The spell reflective properties of glass-steel are absolute. Any spell of the specified type that hits this armor is 100% refected. However, the reflected spell seems to lose its power for a reason that is not known. In the recorded history of this armor no one has ever been injured by a reflected spell. Full plate armor covers about 90% of the body so in practical adventuring aspects there is a 90% chance of reflection, allowing for the fact that a spell may strike the exposed head, hands, or feet. As the wearer acquires more pieces ie the helmet,, gloves, and boots the level of protection goes up. 3% per piece. However, no armor is perfect and even in a full set including the full plate, helm, gloves, and boots there is still a 1% chance a spell could slip through. Because glass-steel named not for its structure but for its reflective proerties is so heavy not everyone can wear it.
    Full Plate: recquires a con of at least 22 (including enhancements) and a str of 22
    For each additonal piece worn add + 1 to the minimum con and str requirements
    The max con and str requirments would be 25
    If you do not meed the minimum requiremtns then after 5 minutes of wearing a set of mirrored armor you will become totaly exhausted suffering a -10 to str, con and dex, and will be unable to do any action other than walk slowly.
    You may wear pieces of glass-steel armor other then the full-plate. They afford 3% protection per piece worn...this is obviiulsy cummalative. There is bas con and str requirement of 10 to wear a glass-steel item.
    New May 24: For clarification purposes where a spell is reflected is a moot point rendered so by my chage( as above) "However, a reflected spell looses its power for a unknown reason. In the recorded history of this armor no one has been injured by a reflected spell." So where the spell goes is irrelevant as its can cause no damage. I made this change because it would be very complex to calculate where a spell might go, that it could hit a party member, and I saw a potential griefing method if you could indeed cause a party member to be hit. So while not my intial intention I felt the complexities of the situation recquired rendering the spell impotent after it struck the armor.
    Clicky(s):
    Flavor: " The art of making glass-steel died eons ago. No one knows where the material comes from or how these suits were crafted. The most reknown sages, mages, and alchemists of the land can not even begin to unravel the mystery. All that is known is that glass-steel is very heavy and durable. It affects are known but how and why glass-steel can reflect spells is not understood. Very few of the suits are known to exist but a fighter clad in a full set of glass-steel would be a mage's worst nightmare come true."
    Author: Ravenstormclaw

First I apologize to Raven in public as he had made a mistake that I should have asked him about in a PM.

RavenStormclaw said he thought he could post more items as his items got added to the list and I think this is a better way to do it as it lets more ideas flow that the current system of lights and rules and meh.

So I ask all of you, how about we just make it so that each person can have up to 5 items in the unbalanced list. So if you post 5 items today and after 3 days 3 get added to the final list, then as soon as you see those in the final list, you can post 3 more?

Also we seem to be slowing somewhat down. Anyone got some friends they can involve in thread?

Thx, the nubular Yagmoth

Default Soulsinger 6 (changes in yellow)

Item Name: Soulsinger
    Item Type: +3 Longsword
    Found in: Raidchests (Very Rare Random Drop)
    Min LV: 14, and 17 ranks in Perform
    Changed Basic Values: none
    DDO Attributes: Exclusive, you may be under the effect of only one Soulsinger at a time
    New Attributes: Touch of Soulsinger, Astral damage, Harmonic death
    Other specials: Soulsinger harmonic properties when activated by a master bard are powerfull and unique. Soulsinger amplies the hum of a master bard and sends the energy into a subsonic range that stretches into the astral plane effecting a creatures soul (any thing without a soul would be immune such as constructs and slimes). The harmonics are tuned to cause agony to creatures of evil. Thus each hit with Soulsinger does 2d8 astral damage. A crtical hit by Soulsinger does perform skill/3 extra damage in addition to the 2d8 regular damage. A nautral 20 that is confirmed as a critical hit sets ups such an harmonic resosnance as to sever a creatures soul from its body essentially killing it. There is a fortitide save of a dc skill in perform/2 of the wielder of Soulsinger (This is Harmonic Death)
    Clicky(s): Touch of Soulsinger 1x/rest: The bard wielding Soulsinger may once per day use the harmonic properties to amplify one of their songs essentially doubleing its effect however, the power of Soulsinger is short lived and such a songs length is quartered.
    Flavor: " The great Bard Elindrel of the Marshes sung his lifeforce into this sword as he lay on his deathbed. So great was his hatred of evil that it was transfered to the sword with devestating effect. Only the greatest of his pupils could wield Soulsinger. An interesting property was discovered afters its creation. The bard wielding Soulsinger can use it to amplify the effect of his next song however the power of Soulsinger is shortlasting and these songs seems to be much shorter then usual.
    Author:RavenStormclaw

of the darkness within my own soul's desire

Post Kistilan's Wondrous Scribe

Here's a little something that I think everyone would like to have on all their characters.

Item Name: Kistilan's Wondrous Scribe (updated, not revised)
    Item Type: Trinket
    Found in: End Rewards for Waterworks, STK, Catacombs, Tangleroot
    Min LV: Level 2
    Changed Basic Values: N/A
    DDO Attributes: Binding. Cannot be traded.
    New Attributes: Bank-Link. Pack-Link.
    Other specials: This unusual sheath of paper has the remarkable ability to categorize every item within a person's possession. The author simply writes the item down upon the parchment and the paper relocates the item to the proper category of weapon, armor, item, etc. The real magic is when two or more of these items are used by two or more persons. Each person must simply scribe the name of the other person upon their own parchment. The parchments then exchange information, detailing the bank contents and pack contents of each person. Some have tried to use the scribe to spy on another's possessions, only to find to their chagrin that it did not reveal a single item -- it requires both persons to scribe the name of the other person for the link to activate. The scribe must be in the trinket slot to activate its abilities and link with the names scribed upon it.
    Clicky(s): 1x/Rest Teleport to Marketplace Bank. Restrictions: Only works outside of quests. N/A within instances.
    Flavor: "A Holy Avenger? In Stormreacher Proper, you say!?!? Forgive me for my disbelief, but categorically speaking, I don't think one exists."
    Author: Kistilan

*Note: The purpose of this item is to allow a detailed list of bank and backpack inventory between multiple characters. Its intended use is for a player to link his or her own characters and be able to view over 90% of their catalogued D&D Properties without logging and searching between characters for that 1 longsword or that 1 piece of mithral. This can also be utilized across accounts and is particularly useful for those players that have 2 accounts. It requires both characters to have their names scribed into their Wondrous Scribes, therefore, spying on someone unknowingly is possible. You could also allow a friend to know what is in your bank and packs at all times by this method, but this could lead to unseemliness and begging.

Explanation: If Kistilan were to write the name Faernsprite on his scribe and Faernsprite were to write the name Kistilan on her scribe, Kistilan could examine his scribe to view the contents Faernsprite's bank slots and backpack slots. In turn, Faernsprite could see all of Kistilan's bank slots and backpack slots. These would be categorized. If Kistilan were to add his character Hexin to his Wondrous Scribe and Hexin were to add Kistilan to Hexin's Wondrous Scribe, then the same instance of viewing would be shared. Kistilan could see Hexin's bank and backpacks and Hexin could see Kistilan's bank and backpacks. However, sneaky little Thet decides to add Kistilan, Lessah, and Shinmafox. Shinma thinks Thet's a tool and doesn't add him. Lesah role-plays that she added him, but forgot to, and then turns it all around into a big cat and mouse game to entertain both of them for months. Kistilan decides he can allow Thet to see his items and adds Thet to Kistilan's Wondrous Scribe. In this scenario, Shinmafox and Thet cannot view eachother's bank and backpacks even though Thet added Shinma to his Scribe. Lessah added Thet temporarily, but removed it to keep him on his toes, so for a few days he could see her items in her bank and backpack, but suddenly her items stopped being categorized and viewable on his Scribe. Kistilan's items have appeared on Thet's Scribe from the very beginning and so Kistilan has also been able to see Thet's items.

Finally, all items are categorized by types first, alphabetically. Categories would include Weaponry, Armors, Ammunition, Collectables, Trinkets, Clothing and Jewelry, Wands, Potions, Scrolls, and Other. Each page would flip to view with a scroll bar on the side. The owner's name would be placed beside in parenthesis with a hyphen - stating whether it was in the bank or backpack). An example of this would be as follows:

Kistilan's Wondrous Scribe on Kistilan - prior to Lessah removing his name from her own Wondrous Scribe. Lessah's name would disappear as soon as she removed Kistilan's name from her Scribe's entry. All items are automatically generated by reading the game's innate coding. Items move in and out of possession in real time or server reset, whichever way is most logical to code by Turbine if they were to impliment this item.

Weaponry Page:
    +3 Icy Burst Longsword of Deception (Thet - Backpack)
    +1 Holy Heavy Mace of Smiting (Lessah - Bank)
    +2 Viscious Kukri of Greater Dragon Bane (Kistilan - Backpack)
    +3 Icy Light Pick of Backstabbing (Faernsprite - Backpack)
    Last edited by Kistilan; 05-26-2008 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Explanations on Functionality

Wink More 2cents from Me

The Guided Lopper (Attempt 4)

Like : Still like the guided/seeker part
    Dislike: Nothing
    Verdict: Bal

Punch's Club (Revision 2)

Like : Simple, interesting and useful
    Dislike: That you find it in Invaders, coz i hate that quest :P
    Verdict Bal

Soulsinger (Attempt 6)

Like : Just luv the name and attributes are very cool and I think this is a weapon that I would want to see in the game
    Dislike : None
    Verdict : Bal

Lesser Mono-string Harp (Attempt 2)

Like : No need for arrows, that does it for me right there and the purple glowing effect yes like more colour in the game
    Verdict :Bal

Mono-string Harp (Attempt 2)

Like : Same
    Dislike: None

Epic Mono-string Harp (Attempt 2)

Like : Same
    Dislike : none

Ring of Spell Channeling (Fireball) (Revision 3)

Like : Everything
    Dislike : none

The Shavarath Codex

Like: Its just good, no reason really, just is

Mirrored Armor (Revision 2)

Like : I think this is an awesome idea
    Dislike : Nothing

Kistilan's Wondrous Scribe
    Like : I would like anything that would save me hours fo sorting my pack out - would be even cooler if it can tell me I want to keep an item or not (like a little onboard computer)
    Dislike: I want to be able to spy :P
    Verdict: Balanced
    Follow me on TWITTER - IF YOU DARE

Wink Mazzas Moneybox

2+2+2=6 (that 6 cents worth I have given ye)

This place is reserved for me to deposit my useless coinage into

p.s
    Is this what you mean to reserve a place ?????
    Follow me on TWITTER - IF YOU DARE

Spectralist and ChainsawXIV we need some info on why you think Stolen Spell Book is .

ChainsawXIV we need info on why you think Fighter's Handbook is .
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-26-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Default Updates

Updated my verdicts list
    See post # 61
    (ok now someone needs to tell me how you link to a specific post)
    (hmm I seem to be getting a tutorial on how to use the forums because of this thread....Thanks Yag)

Raven

Default New Item

Item Name: Wood of the Ages
    Item Type: trinket
    Found in: any outdoor area with trees
    Min LV: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15
    DDO Attributes: Intelligence +1-5
    New Attributes: Insight
    Other specials: Insight: the magic of insight allows the holder of this item to see a split second into the future this ability results in a +1 insight bonus to AC and Reflex save. More powerfull versions of this wood are known to exist. Basically the insight bonus is the same as the intelligence bonus. ML 3 is +1, 6=2, 9=3, 12=4, 15=5
    Clicky(s):
    Flavor: "Some trees in this world have existed long before the coming of man and will be here long after we are gone. Some of this wood seems to have absorbed the combined knowledge of the world and has been known to impart this knowledge to a lucky few ."
    Author: RavenStormclaw

Back from a weekend vacation. Updated my evaluations with the latest entries and updates to a number of previous verdicts. Also separated out the verdicts for items already on the done list.

Also, because it had to be said eventually: The Wood of Ages? I had that once back in high school...

This changes how we post items for the better me thinks (and Raven prolly too!).

New May 28: Light system removed.
    1) Posting items. Each person may have up to 3 (This may decrese if many ppl start joining thread) items at once in the unbalanced list. If you post an item and you already have 5 items in the unbalanced list, then it will not be added to the templates, nobody should comment on it since it isnt in the balance comments template, and I will ask you to edit it out (You can do this without deleting if you dont want to copy paste by editing it and highlighting it in the same color as the text)

This is starting after this post so the creative geniouses like RavenStormclaw dont get hosed.

I updated everything to the best of my ability. Any errors you see?

I ask everyone who has given a (incomplete) as a verdict to make sure they explain why. Dont use a if you really mean a (overpowered) or (underpowered).

Double check your own comments page to make sure you are giving comments on the most up to date items and to clear comments for items that have made the balance list. If the revision or attempt of an item in your balance comments page has a different attempt or revision number name than in the template page, then I cant add your comments on that item to the item consensus page.

Examples of this as of May 28 are ChainsawXIV and mono-string harp series, Kistilan and Mirrored Armor (Revision 2), and ChainsawXIV and Guided Lopper and Meta-magic Band.

Thx
    Last edited by Yagmoth; 05-28-2008 at 07:28 AM.

Default Updates (changes in yellow)

First updated my comments see post 61

Item Name: Wood of the Ages
    Item Type: trinket
    Found in: any outdoor area with trees
    Min LV: 4, 8, 12
    DDO Attributes: Intelligence +1-3
    New Attributes: Insight
    Other specials: Insight: the magic of insight allows the holder of this item to see a split second into the future this ability results in a +1 insight bonus to AC and Reflex save. More powerfull versions of this wood are known to exist. Basically the insight bonus is the same as the intelligence bonus. ML4 is +1, ML8 is +2, ML12 is +3
    Clicky(s):
    Flavor: "Some trees in this world have existed long before the coming of man and will be here long after we are gone. Some of this wood seems to have absorbed the combined knowledge of the world and has been known to impart this knowledge to a lucky few ."

New May 30: Give me a private message when you update your balance comments. When you update your balance comments make sure your comments include the new version of items. You can do this by checking the balance comments template here = #4.

Default Simply to give life to a good thread

Item Name: Henry Jinx's Wonderous Magical Necklaces
    Item Type: Necklace
    Found in: Adventurer's Packs
    Min LV: 2 (you'll see why)
    DDO Attributes: luck bonus, stat modifier, curse
    New Attributes: see special
    Other specials: These necklaces come in three vararities:
    Luck of the Babbling Fool: +5 luck bonus to all rolls (saves, hit, damage, skill check etc), Equipping this item reduces int, wis, and charisma stats to 5
    Curse Word: Casts curse 2x/rest no save allowed, 50/50 chance to hit your intended target or yourself
    Wand Whipper: Allows any class not normally able to use wands to used wands up to caster level 3, causes 1d6 x caster level of wand whipping damage everytime a wand is used
    Clicky(s): as above
    Flavor: "Henry Jinx live up to his name. He was a somewhat powerfull but extremely erratic and unlucky fellow. His luck spilled over into his spells which more often then not were more helpfull to his enemies then his allies. He created a series of magical necklaces to help his fellow exploreres. As can be guessed they did not work out well. Shortly after their creation Henry died in a teleporting accident. His necklaces can still be found in the packs of the unlucky adventurers who got them. ."

Exclamation Metamagic Band

Check out the Hound of the Xoriat Ring Item. It definitely appears to be a "Metamagic" Band similar to Yagmoth's own ideas. Not the same one, but it definitely does things like the Metamagic Band did.

Is this where I throw in all the items from ths old thread?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=101489

Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Doh I guess thread died...too bad...it was kinda fun. I am no longer updating this thread. PEACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Yagmoth View Post
    Doh I guess thread died...too bad...it was kinda fun. I am no longer updating this thread. PEACE!
    Well there's a ton of awesome items for Turbine to pilfer ideas from -- too bad it's not updated anymore. :-(

Default Steiner's Bag of Not So Worthless Stuff

Item Name: Steiner's Bag of So Worthless Stuff
    Item Type: Bag
    Found in: Any Quest
    Min LV: 6
    Changed Basic Values: Similar to other collectable, gem and ingredient bags, but capable of holding all ofthese types, plus Raid Required items and Shroud Shards of Power.
    DDO Attributes: Bag
    New Attributes: "Limitless Capacity" Current small, medium, and large collectable, gem and ingredient bags can only store a specified number of different types of objects. This attribute allows the bag to hold all types of collectables, gems and ingredients in one bag (up to the standard stacking limit for these objects).
    Other specials: This bag will also be able to store all other "collectable" objects that currently do not fall into one of the three standard categories (collectable, gem or ingredient) to include but not necessarily limited to: Shroud Shards of Power, Raid Flagging items, and Necropolis special Collectables. Each category would have its own drop down area, similiar to the way Collectable Bags have their own drop down lsits for each city area, with appropriate sub drop-down lists as appropriate.
    Clicky(s): N/A
    Flavor: "Tired of fumbling with many different bags and pouches, the reknowned archeologist and collector of rare and unusal items, Steiner Davion, created this bag to help ease his burden and help improve his organizational skills while out in the field hunting for rare and powerful artifcats from the past to bring to Stormreach's Antique Road Show and Collectable Bazaar. No one has seen Professor Davion in quite some time, and rumors abound that he met an ill fated demise out in the wilds of Xendrik. Others say that he is still out looking for some legendary item of power. And still others say that he has traveled to another plane in search of legends there and will one day return. Finding his bag proves none of these stories, but lends credence to his mysterious fate. "
    Author: Steiner-Davion
    Last edited by Steiner-Davion; 07-09-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Thumbs up OMG!!! Thank-You!

Tolero/Turbine Team, THANK-YOU!

I really hope Yagmoth is still active. I'm PM'n him right now. He'd be thrilled to have this thread go active again!!! We put a lot of work into this (and I sort of saw it pay off in Mod 7 and 8).

Thank-you again!

And thanks Steiner-Davion for posting a new item! If Yagmoth will take charge of his thread again, we'll get rating and critiquing!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast