Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default 200 posts and 5000 views later...

Turbine is still sitting with thumbs up the ... That really validates the point of this thread which was started before i took the summer off the game...Great progress really.

Default Re:The plane of spammerwrath

Well, Thanks turbine for making a thread to help us out and actually not doing anything about it at all.Plat spammers are more annoying than ever,anonymous or not and we just can't do anything besides spamming invites back until they log.It's annoying as hell and the tools provided are useless.Right clicking.Right.As if 2 hours later when a gm gets my petition the guy hasn't rerolled 10 times and spammed 100 others.Useless.

I don't have that many peeves but seriously,why make a huge thread and just keep it under the rug?There was thousands of suggestion in there,at least a few must have been good...yet Turbine is not even acknowledging the people that wanted to help and took time to write in that joke of a thread.I'm not angry but seriously,why all the smoke in the mirrors?I understand Turbine has priorities but this was instigated by TURBINE not us.

So why go through all this,5000 views and 200 posts later they just don't do a thing or even acknowledge some of the solutions as viable?

MAKE ME ANONYMOUS TO ANYONE NOT ON MY FRIEND'S LIST FOR GOD SAKE

Sorry even WoW can't get rid of gold spammers and they have more money then Turbine. If it were really a simple fix it would have been done by now. I read an article the other day saying that the gold/plat farming companies now top over 500k employees. Thats alot of people that are out there to get your name.

As it is right now anonymous wouldn't help you. They catch your name when you come off the boat after character creation. They aren't getting your name from the Who List.

The only thing they can really do would be to get rid of trial accounts and that would be a big nail in DDO's coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Drider View Post
    Sorry even WoW can't get rid of gold spammers and they have more money then Turbine. If it were really a simple fix it would have been done by now. I read an article the other day saying that the gold/plat farming companies now top over 500k employees. Thats alot of people that are out there to get your name.

As it is right now anonymous wouldn't help you. They catch your name when you come off the boat after character creation. They aren't getting your name from the Who List.

The only thing they can really do would be to get rid of trial accounts and that would be a big nail in DDO's coffin.
    Actually that is incorrect about WoW. WoW in the last year or so have almost stamped out gold spammers to such a degree that they are getting deserate. Read some about it on WoWinsider and such. From what I have read in the last week or so of my research, WoW has pretty much limited them so much they now trying to "bride" guilds with guild websites to advertise for them on their websites for their companies for in-game WoW gold. And because of the crackdown by WoW vs these companies, the amount of keylogger/account thiefs has risen to an alarming amount. I guess if those gold farming companies can not get the money they need from players, they are now just outright stealing it and all the goods on player accounts as a bonus. Seriously, read up on it. Its frightening what has been going on lately. Noticed Turbine has up on the log in screen that message about changing your passwords and stuff. Its there for a reason and its not just DDO, or WoW. Alot of games are seeing the same increased activity lately. And to think people in the past tried to convince me these are simple people ...just trying to make an honest living. Maybe so but they still work for companies who want money by any means.....
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Default which begs the question

Is it really worth having trial accounts here?I never played the trial,and don't know of many people here that came from the trial and with absolutely no marketing whatsoever,how many true new players actually use them?

All i want is to be anonymous to anyone not on my friends's list,is it really that complicated?We all have our friend's characters by heart and if we meet someone nice in a raid we can always add them to the list.I can't believe nothing can be done unless they are Turbine employees.

Nice way to avoid the problem as to just dump my new thread in this one that is useless.Turbine you blow big time on this
    Last edited by FoxOne; 08-25-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Default Server side client set spam filter

Option #1
    Create a system that allows us to manually specify what we want to block (account wide) and have it stored server side to save bandwidth. Additionally make it look to the sending player that the communication has gone through so there is no feedback to them. Allow exemptions for guild, friend, etc, similar to mail.

Apply this spam filter overtop the global server side filter, this creates dynamic filters making it impossible for spammers to detect what actually gets blocked and what goes through.

The problem with spam filters is they're centralized, decentralize them.

Option #2
    Make it so that accounts less than 1 month old cannot trade currency. If they want to try farm and sell their money? let them expose their real account to do it, no filtering.
    Last edited by Fritzel; 08-31-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post
    well, the tells are annoying. But I only get about 10 when playing.

What I would like is to stop those moron spam players who fill up the LFMs with their 'trades'.... that directly is annoying and in the way. One day I saw five...the first five...all trades. I had to scroll down further to find a party lfm.

To deal with plat farmers is enough, but to have our own turn into even more annoying people...well... trade this.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoFear View Post
    Just like email spam, there is no solution except to ignore it.
    Unless you use gmail, in which case it's about 1 in 500 that gets through, Hire Google for consultant work

I would like a nuke button to auto kill them with. Or perhaps teleport us both into a PVP arena for some one on one time.

Maybe they can take the 7 day accounts and not have a character delete button. Allow them to make characters to play and try DDO and when they purchase an account they will have the ability to delete the characters they don't like or want. They have enough character slots to try several of the classes and races. This should make it easier to trace and find those who are spamming with the trial accounts. Basically if they don't purchase the game they can't delete the characters they make. This my also allow them to track the credit cards they are using as well. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Lady_Draconus; 09-08-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Ghallanda: Val'Istri Veladorn Leader of Explorers of Eberron
    Khyber: Velystri Veladorn, Zesstrya Yauntyrr, Jhaelryna Yauntyrr
    I do not have Enemies..... They are ALL Dead!!!

Default This week end was just atrocious

With the bad weather i figured i could play a lot this week-end.Well,can't put an lfm up or join one without the group getting murdered with tells every 5 minutes.Log on to a character witha name starting with b and Not anonymous and get spammed back to back for 1 minute then every 5

Fewer players are playing this game,do we really need to drive the few that are remaining nuts before something is done?

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOne View Post
    Is it really worth having trial accounts here?I never played the trial,and don't know of many people here that came from the trial and with absolutely no marketing whatsoever,how many true new players actually use them?
    I only tried this because of the free trial. The mail service and /tell was key to my enjoyment of the trial as I found a mentor who helped me learn the game, both when we were both on, and by mail when we were on at different times. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I still don't see why there couldn't be a "check-box" in the gameplay options to simple not accept tells from people NOT on your 'friends' list...and make all peoples in your guild by default on your friends list.

That would solve my problems...make it like the anonymous button but for /tells.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I don’t think you realize that what you heard was not entirely what I meant.

Default been saying this all along

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    I still don't see why there couldn't be a "check-box" in the gameplay options to simple not accept tells from people NOT on your 'friends' list...and make all peoples in your guild by default on your friends list.

That would solve my problems...make it like the anonymous button but for /tells.
    Turbine is too busy being mysterious

Just give us a button that says Do not accept tells from levels X to X.

e.g So i can blanket levels 1 to 3.

Please

Show me someone who believes in something, and I will show you a fool : Kerr Avon

The problems are spamming and catching those doing the spamming. If 7-day trials are not allowed to delete characters during the trial period spammers can't delete their characters so when reports are sent accts can be checked and characters banned. So take away the delete button on trial accounts. along with the characters banned they should flag the credit cards they are using. So when that credit card is used again the system gives customer service a message so they can punish the individuals according to turbines rules and regulations.

The current issue is they log in spam tells, then log off and delete so they can't get caught. Take away the delete button for trial accounts and ban credit cards from accounts that are banned. It takes a while to get a new card so it will at the least slow them down and make it harder for them to spam as time goes on.

As I asked before input on this idea is welcome. There has to be a good logical means of controling the spam without ruining the game for new players.
    Ghallanda: Val'Istri Veladorn Leader of Explorers of Eberron
    Khyber: Velystri Veladorn, Zesstrya Yauntyrr, Jhaelryna Yauntyrr
    I do not have Enemies..... They are ALL Dead!!!

for what it is worth i am going to say in this thread that the plat spam is just [insert expletive] stupid at this time... i cannot log on to the game without getting 3 tells from plat selling sites in 5 minutes, change characters - BING, BING - more tells it is just rediculious

i report...

nothing happens...

something needs to be done and some form of communication to the player base about the intended action needs to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOne View Post
    Turbine is too busy being mysterious
    /agreed!

Well, if they don't stop treating their 'work' as if its a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma and become more forthcoming to us, the folks that have to TRUST them to keep PAYING...a few more will NOT be paying anymore.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I don’t think you realize that what you heard was not entirely what I meant.

Default yup which is a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    /agreed!

Well, if they don't stop treating their 'work' as if its a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma and become more forthcoming to us, the folks that have to TRUST them to keep PAYING...a few more will NOT be paying anymore.
    I don't think we are at the peak of players now,we are clearly going downhill especially between mods.If turbine cared for the game half as much as us it wouldn't be in this sad state.Requests for another server merge are rolling meaning there are fewer and fewer of us.What was that other turbine game that had a similar path again?AC2 if i recollect?

Thumbs down Unpossible you say?

So... there's apparently a new site that has recruited heavily to spam their junk. I'm getting upwards of 50 spams per gaming session, some within seconds of the previous message, from different character names. I've had to resort to putting all tells into a separate tab, just so I can read guild/party chat with out bright yellow tells scrolling by.

Do the developers just not care at this point? There is obviously a bug being exploited to allow character generation and mass messaging to take place, no human can spam at the rate they do. How much more abuse are we as players going to take before we all just say screw it and cancel our accounts? I don't know about you, but paying monthly for this abuse is not something I really relish. Get off your asses Turbine and address the problem. We're all tired of this harassment.
    Last edited by Adrahil; 09-10-2008 at 11:19 PM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast